Finding Freedom: Harry and Meghan and the Making of A Modern Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the, supposedly book, on amazon
Untitled https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085372L3T/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_YANPEbZ0WA1S6

It does not say when the title was added, though.

As for Scobie, there are a couple pictures of him with Meghan, prior to her royal days. So it shows an association of sort, he was not a royal reporter before Meghan came to the scene, so it raises the question of how he ended up as one on such a short time. I think I read he did merely small gossip and had a blog.
So that may partially explain his loyalty to Meghan, her relationship is the reason his career is now what it is.

He ia not a reliable source for impartiality, he is extremely biased! That much is obvious.

None of them are reliable for impartiality ...that's the media we have to deal with now, they don't even attempt to hide biases.

I do follow Omid because he does not get negative about any of them. I used to follow a number of RR's but slowly stopped as they couldn't stay out of the negative pot stirring mode.

He's had some more negative type co-hosts on his podcast however.

LaRae

LaRae

Despite the "official" airing of the Duke and Duchess' position regarding their recent experiences within the Royal Family - via the court case and the involvement of friends in the People magazine that has become a part of that - yet more friends have spoken out.

Yes, in the Daily Mail, so please don't open the link if you wish to avoid that outlet, but so many direct quotes thoughout this article, someone has spoken.

I'm posting this link in this thread, as to me this is a fore-taste of how the new book will be.

Just released -

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...nges-wouldve-Kate-Middleton-bashed-press.html

Last edited:
:previous: Thank you for the warning Sun Lion.

I truly, truly hope that what I just read is a tabloid taking extreme liberties and not a reflection of what the Duchess of Sussex honestly believed.

That particular author has been caught in lies in recent articles. In fact her last two were about how a friend said "they planned to make a life in Canada.... and Meghan was preventing Harry was seeing his family as they settled there." All the while they were in LA. So... just saying.

Let's keep it real. Meghan's close friends are not chatting with The Daily Mail. A paper she is very openly suing. A paper her friends publicly call out. Sorry. I call BS.

Despite the "official" airing of the Duke and Duchess' position regarding their recent experiences within the Royal Family - via the court case and the involvement of friends in the People magazine that has become a part of that - yet more friends have spoken out.

Yes, in the Daily Mail, so please don't open the link if you wish to avoid that outlet, but so many direct quotes thoughout this article, someone has spoken.

I'm posting this link in this thread, as to me this is a fore-taste of how the new book will be.

Just released -

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...nges-wouldve-Kate-Middleton-bashed-press.html

I can honestly buy Meghan saying that - which is sad, but that’s how I feel. There’s a real element of jealousy in H and M’s attitude towards William and Kate (example: H being upset that HM and Charles wouldn’t give him Windsor as a “court” as William and Kate have KP). I do believe the reports of Meghan acting hideously during wedding preparations and that she wanted to wear a tiara, which the Queen forbid. Given her Africa interview and how she and Harry have handled their departure, I am not willing to give either of them the benefit of the doubt.

IF this is true, they are delusional. The Palace doesn’t make a habit of defending any of their family in the media .....It seems like everyone in the BRF is going to be hurt.

I did make sure to say IF, however, I do believe it.....after all that’s gone down, H and M make it easy for me to do so

I can honestly buy Meghan saying that - which is sad, but that’s how I feel.

(...)

I did make sure to say IF, however, I do believe it.....after all that’s gone down, H and M make it easy for me to do so

How in all of the world can you believe a word of what the DAILY MAIL is writing about Meghan's feelings and thoughts? As if they ever gave a sh*t about that! We don't know Meghan at all! Harry does, though, and he went with her. Though I believe he loves his family and cares for his country. They left because especially the Daily Mail was after Meghan. Then she sued them. And now you believe an article by said media outlet! I can't understand that. :flowers::flowers:

Yeah, when any of Meghan's friends wish to speak out the Fail is the first port of call. The friends' thoughts automatically run on the lines of 'The tabloids have given her a bad time but the DM is an exception to the rule. Theyve always been fair and balanced in their coverage of Meghan and Harry over the last three years'.

Leaps to the phone or her email in order to confide Meghan's sincerest thoughts about the BRF straight to this newspaper. And if you believe that you'll believe anything, IMO!

How in all of the world can you believe a word of what the DAILY MAIL is writing about Meghan's feelings and thoughts? As if they ever gave a sh*t about that! We don't know Meghan at all! Harry does, though, and he went with her. Though I believe he loves his family and cares for his country. They left because especially the Daily Mail was after Meghan. Then she sued them. And now you believe an article by said media outlet! I can't understand that. :flowers::flowers:

A great deal of what is on here is assumptions, because none of us really know the truth. All I am going to put up as a point of discussion , is that it would be pretty reckless for the Mail to print a deliberate false story as apposed to a mistake just at the time they are in the middle of a legal case for similar accusations.

The second point is that the story is out there whether you want to believe it or not. The damage is done to two people , Meghan because she has allegedly told her friends things about the palace and Catherine, that they have then passed to the press , and Catherine because she has been favoured by the palace against Meghan.

There are no winners in this, and no doubt there will be a great heated debate on here.

Lets ask ourselves why would Meghans friends speak to the Mail, when she is in the process of suing them.

WE cannot know if she even said anything like this, unlike the letter she had obviously told people about that or they could not have spoken to the press about it. I am not saying she told them to discuss it but they obviously knew about it.

Why would the Mail risk printing a story that could put them back in the law courts.

Why would anybody tell a false story to a newspaper that many accuse of false stories.

The dots do not join, unless you are a synic like me.

Why would the Mail risk printing a story that could put them back in the law courts.

Because the suit is over for them - things that are proof are already given to the court and no new ones may come up for this case.

But - if they stopped now with their lies, they would give in.

And we know how high the amount of money is they'd offer for a fake statement. In the Royal Circles there surely are enough people who would claim that Meghan said something like this when you offer the right amount of money - after all, for them Catherine is more important and the winner while Meghan never was part of their circle and is long gone now. But unlike that Melissa something-or-else who probably only wanted to boost her CV to get a better job after she left the Sussexes and thus was willing to stick out in name and photo in the paper, there is IMHO no one behind this story but the Mail editors and a person willing to take the blame for a lot of money if necessary.

Maybe even someone from the US, a former acquaintance of Meghan's. It's only gossip after all the Mail deals in right now...

Why would they lie? Lol cause they can and do every single day. You still have people coming out even now dismissing these tabloids. Pointing out their lies and explaining how they were offered money to make up stories. Those papers don’t care. They bank on people believing every single thing they print and when you admit you will believe it all because you are disappointed... well then it doesn’t matter what these papers do. They bank on people with that view. And that’s why individuals, well known and not, fight them. And typically win.

Last edited:
I was around when Sarah Ferguson was called ugly, fat, frumpy and a bad mother. I saw a British tabloid run a photo of Sarah jumping a fence on her horse with the title WHICH ONE IS THE HORSE( I remember this one vividly, it was barely a month after her wedding and I was shocked that a British tabloid could be so cruel to a member of their Royal family:eek:)

I remember the vitriol Camilla was subjected to and still is.

I remember the Waity Katie headlines, the grasping commoner and her scheming stewardess mother stories, the "Wisteria Sisters", the mockery of Kate for constantly playing with her hair, seeming nonstop holidays, and glimpses of her forbidden areas via short hemlines.

Not one word, not one peep from Buckingham Palace in defense of any of these women. Dead silence.

I refuse to believe that Meghan and Harry feel that HM or her spokespeople should have made some type of extraordinary exception and called out the tabloids on her behalf. :ermm:

My suspicion is that The Fail Hell is going on full attack and simply making up stories now that the Sussexes have completely pulled the plug. Maybe they don't fear reprisals for printing their garbage now.:sad:

It's also been said that the owners of these tabloids make so much money that these settlements don't really effect the net profit. So unless there is a extremely large settlement awarded, there likely isn't much incentive for them to stop.

LaRae

This thread is about an upcoming book about the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. Although the tabloids are a fascinating topic, they are not the topic of this thread. Please move on...

Well, it starts...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...ography-bombshell-called-Finding-Freedom.html

The title?. As if the BRF enslaved them. Who the heck will have any sympathy for them? Plus, they chose to ditch the Royal life, yet they are still trading in the connection.

The description of the book is just so expected, lol. “Unafraid to break with tradition, determined to create a new path away from the spotlight....” Away from the spotlight? That’s why they moved to LA, why they hired the same PR firm as represents several celebrities, why they cooperated for this book...

I think this book will take shots at the BRF, but I don’t think it will hurt them because I believe most of the British public - and, I think, Americans who truly follow the Royals- side with the BRF in terms of how Megxit played out. In fact, how things have played out since...

Well, it starts...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...ography-bombshell-called-Finding-Freedom.html

The title?. As if the BRF enslaved them. Who the heck will have any sympathy for them? Plus, they chose to ditch the Royal life, yet they are still trading in the connection.

The description of the book is just so expected, lol. “Unafraid to break with tradition, determined to create a new path away from the spotlight....” Away from the spotlight? That’s why they moved to LA, why they hired the same PR firm as represents several celebrities, why they cooperated for this book...

I think this book will take shots at the BRF, but I don’t think it will hurt them because I believe most of the British public - and, I think, Americans who truly follow the Royals- side with the BRF in terms of how Megxit played out. In fact, how things have played out since...

but there's nothing else they can do. They've been stopped from using their HRH in business but of course they wll use the fact that they are royals.. Minor royals do it to some extent.. though they are often criticsed for it. I don't think it will stop H and Meg If they get criticism for using the royal connextion.. and of course they will use this book, if they are helping with it, to polish their image...

Well, it starts...

If it's true, aka the real title, there's always something deeply indecent and disturbing when two highly privileged people are moaning about their search of some kind of "freedom" almost Nelson Mandela style.
But i'm not suprised , as some die hard fans just cried "free at last" when they moved to Canada then LA, as if the British royal family was Alcatraz or something.
The more time passes, the more the Sussexes seem totally out of touch with the current state of the World. This book will be desastrous PR wise in the UK, as their message (if any), is totally inaudible nowadays.
I guess there 'll be some interest in the US, and maybe a TV movie on the hallmark channel.
How rewarding.

If it's true, aka the real title, there's always something deeply indecent and disturbing when two highly privileged people are moaning about their search of some kind of "freedom" almost Nelson Mandela style.
But i'm not suprised , as some die hard fans just cried "free at last" when they moved to Canada then LA, as if the British royal family was Alcatraz or something.
The more time passes, the more the Sussexes seem totally out of touch with the current state of the World. This book will be desastrous PR wise in the UK, as their message (if any), is totally inaudible nowadays.
I guess there 'll be some interest in the US, and maybe a TV movie on the hallmark channel.
How rewarding.
to be fair, they didn't write the book.. However it may be that in a few months when it is published, we will all want some light stuff after the horrors of the past months. so it will do well.

to be fair, they didn't write the book.. However it may be that in a few months when it is published, we will all want some light stuff after the horrors of the past months. so it will do well.

They didn't write it indeed, but, as least, they are well aware of it.
To put it simply, what we are seeing now : On one side ALL the members of the BRF, from Princess Charlotte to Princess Alexandra , are helping, one way or another, the UK, backing the NHS in this global crisis.
And, on the other side, we see a couple exiled in LA, apparently, and i say apparently, more busy to sell themselves as victims, fighting papers in Court and now welcoming a tell-all book .
It's not rocket science to see how this gap, deepening day after day, is totally desastrous for the image of the Sussexes , a couple who wants to be humanitarian champions but appears more and more as self-centered brats.
The worse part is, i guess, or at least i hope, they mean well, but gosh their communication and their timing are just plain awful.

"Finding Freedom", i mean, really ?

Last edited:
"Finding Freedom: Harry, Meghan, and the Making of a Modern Royal Family"

We're all speculating of course but I'd take bets this is far more likely to be a hit job on the media rather than the royals.

My quibble is with the "modern royal family" part. If we use the example of some of the European monarchies, Harry and Meghan will always be members of the royal family but have chosen not to be members of the Royal House. They are therefore in exactly the same position as Beatrice, Eugenie, Peter, Zara and Louise and James.

In order to be financially independent they are going to have to use their royal connections, because that's why they're interesting. Nothing new about it or shameful; they'll use the same connections to network for the good works they're going to do.

But I don't get what would be "modern" about any of this. How is it going to be different from what the other non-members of the Royal House do?

How ironic that they left the RF because they wanted to lead “private lives” away from the media intrusion and they are now collaborating with two journalists to release all their intimate details.

I said it before and will say it again - these two are so full of egocentricity and crave the spotlight so much it’s preventing them from acting logically. They simply make no sense.

They didn't write it indeed, but, as least, they are well aware of it.
To put it simply, what we are seeing now : On one side ALL the members of the BRF, from Princess Charlotte to Princess Alexandra , are helping, one way or another, the UK, backing the NHS in this global crisis.
And, on the other side, we see a couple exiled in LA, apparently, and i say apparently, more busy to sell themselves as victims, fighting papers in Court and now welcoming a tell-all book .
It's not rocket science to see how this gap, deepening day after day, is totally desastrous for the image of the Sussexes , a couple who wants to be humanitarian champions but appears more and more as self-centered brats.
The worse part is, i guess, or at least i hope, they mean well, but gosh their communication and their timing are just plain awful.

"Finding Freedom", i mean, really ?

But they did do that food delivery.
Im afraid I never bought the idea that they were humanitarian champions. Harry has a kind heart and he's tried to do good, but I think he's let his demons drive him into self obsession and he's also allowed Meghan to take over his life and he is now part of this "power couple" who may never really take off because of the pandemic. If they wanted to, they could do some good in Canaada or the USA.. but they seemed to opt for a one off "showing themselves off" delivering food and then, that's it...

"Finding Freedom: Harry, Meghan, and the Making of a Modern Royal Family"

We're all speculating of course but I'd take bets this is far more likely to be a hit job on the media rather than the royals.

My quibble is with the "modern royal family" part. If we use the example of some of the European monarchies, Harry and Meghan will always be members of the royal family but have chosen not to be members of the Royal House. They are therefore in exactly the same position as Beatrice, Eugenie, Peter, Zara and Louise and James.

In order to be financially independent they are going to have to use their royal connections, because that's why they're interesting. Nothing new about it or shameful; they'll use the same connections to network for the good works they're going to do.

But I don't get what would be "modern" about any of this. How is it going to be different from what the other non-members of the Royal House do?

The difference is that they were supposed to be working for the Firm. They had a role, they had tehir HRH, they had opportunities to work for charities.. but for some reasons, whether dislike of the press, dislike of the UK, they opted out, left the RF short of 2 workers.. I wont say they were vital workers but they were considered to be important and it had been planned fior them to do royal work for their lives. The other royals who do work for themselves have always been meant to do that...

How ironic that they left the RF because they wanted to lead “private lives” away from the media intrusion and they are now collaborating with two journalists to release all their intimate details.

I said it before and will say it again - these two are so full of egocentricity and crave the spotlight so much it’s preventing them from acting logically. They simply make no sense.

The title, I can’t even....

I think I have eye rollitis lol

IF this is true, gone are the assumptions that this is “like all the other biographies” royals have corroborated with.

How do you mean?

I feel like this book is going to reflect exactly what Harry and Meghan want it to, that it’s closer to a ghost written memoir/tell-all than it is straight non-fiction with one (even if it was long) interview.

Nico:

Exactly. They ARE out of touch - and every time they try and explain themselves, they just dig the hole deeper and deeper. Their supporters will buy the book and buy everything in it, but I think the primary impact with the British public will be scorn...and a deeper appreciation for the BRF.

How rewarding.

Last edited:
This is too tone deaf and beggars belief-the title, the fact that they use the word plague to describe her dilemma whilst the planet is going through COVID-19.

This is going to be a disaster for them, PR and otherwise.

This is too tone deaf and beggars belief-the title, the fact that they use the word plague to describe her dilemma whilst the planet is going through COVID-19.

This is going to be a disaster for them, PR and otherwise.

I posted it, and I didn’t even catch that, lol. Good lord, their PR is brutal. Maybe it seems like a small thing, but it’s not. While they’ve been “plagued” by misunderstandings and misconceptions, the rest of the world is suffering from a very real plague.

This book would be annoying under any conditions, but now? It should be delayed indefinitely....

'Modern Royal Family' after they opted out? :wacko:
And Finding Freedom? The latest pictures from Harry delivering the food show him angry/sulking as usual with Meghan patting his back or touching him to calm him down.
But thankfully, this is the book they would always write. I am glad it's done with in August already.
The attention they will get now will not be enough for a second book. At some point the story gets lame and more interesting people will be in town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom