Finding Freedom: Harry and Meghan and the Making of A Modern Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Omid Scobie tweeted out that The Queen encouraged Welsh people to vote in the Welsh Assembly, as a way to deflect the controversy that Meghan using her title to urge people to vote. He was definitely shifting the blame to the Queen and some of the "Sussex Squad" wants to strip The Queen title.

This has been discuss in the forum previously. First of all, the Queen was given what to say in the Speech, like the Queen's speech in the State Opening of Parliament in Westminster. Second of all, Omid Scobie's lack of constitutional knowledge is deplorable for a royal reporter. Third of all, he is extremely bias and unprofessional for a royal reporter, who seems to be defending Meghan at whatever cost. He also tweeted out:

On a side note, someone on twitter has also pointed out that the comments under this tweet (from Omid's official account) are turned off. This tweet was about the Duchess of Cambridge

Sorry if I sound that I am ranting, but I really need to point out Omid's unprofessionalism. ?

I personally prefer Camilla Tominey over Omid Scobie any time, despite the fact Camilla Tominey is also a political contributor at the Telegraph.

Omid started his career as a gossiper for some low rated tabloid (something along the lines of Star I think), in fact I have seen old pics of him and Liney they have known each other for over a decade now.
I refuse to refer to this man a journalist or writer of any kind. his writing is worse than mine in english, and it is not even my first language.:lol:

By the way, is he even part of the royal rota?

Any way, Omid biggest problem isn't his poor writing skills, it is much much worse and quite saddening to be honest. as someone said, he is not a royalist but a Meghanist, and that's the diplomatic way of pointing out the real problem.

Last edited:
Omid started his career as a gossiper for some low rated tabloid (something along the lines of Star I think), in fact I have seen old pics of him and Liney they have known each other for over a decade now.
I refuse to refer to this man a journalist or writer of any kind. his writing is worse than mine in english, and it is not even my first language.:lol:

By the way, is he even part of the royal rota?

Any way, Omid biggest problem isn't his poor writing skills, it is much much worse and quite saddening to be honest. as someone said, he is not a royalist but a Meghanist, and that's the diplomatic way of pointing out the real problem.

No, he is with an American organisation but they travel with them.

He can do what he likes but there isn't really a career in being so much for Meghan. They are not going to provide you with enough work. He must have another role eyed. Tom Bradby had already moved on from royal reporting before that documentary. I mean you could build a career following the royals about but you couldn't build a career on being Brad Pitt's personal journalist. Same principle.

Just throwing this into the mix and please remove or place elsewhere...what about the book Meghan and Harry...The Real Story...by Lady Colin Campbell. I am 2/3's way through this book and it's my understanding this is the Palace's version???? The only comment I will make so far is that it gives you a clearer picture of Meghan's growing up and perhaps explains how she has turned into the person she has now become :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

I don't think Lady Campbell would be used as an author to give the Palace version. Especially since her book about the QUeen mother included Campbell's contention that Lady Elizabeth was born illegitimate, the result of an affair her father the Earl had with the cook. I doubt the Queen would want to have anything to do with Campbell under those conditions. Though Campbell has the title, she was only married to the titled person for about a year and she kept the title despite his protests. The Royal Family chose Shawcross for their authorized biography of the Queen Mum certainly would not give credence to Campbell.

He can do what he likes but there isn't really a career in being so much for Meghan. They are not going to provide you with enough work. He must have another role eyed. Tom Bradby had already moved on from royal reporting before that documentary. I mean you could build a career following the royals about but you couldn't build a career on being Brad Pitt's personal journalist. Same principle.

Unless he goes into PR and works directly for them...

Omid Scobie is highly unlikely to become a serious and professional journalist, let alone one of world leading Royal commentators. I apologise in advance for mentioning her name again, he is not Camilla Tominey, who started as a royal reporter at the Daily Express (tabloid), before moving to The Telegraph. She is now the Associated Editor of The Telegraph, reporting both Royals and politics. To be fair, she has worked as a reporter for 20 years, covering a lot of news events including 9/11, six general elections and Brexit.

Funny enough, from the Telegraph website: "Her exclusive story breaking the news of Prince Harry’s relationship with Meghan Markle was nominated for Scoop of the Year at the 2016 British Press Awards".

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/authors/camilla-tominey/

Last edited:
Everything that could have been said about this book has been said multiple times.

This thread will now remain closed.

Please contact me by personal message if there is new information or other things about this book that needs to be posted in this thread so the thread can be re-opened for that purpose.

Last edited:
Finding Freedom

Omid Scobie’s Twitter page yesterday recorded that his FF has been translated into 14 different languages already. He states that Finding Freedom is now (citing Neilson) the fastest selling royal biography in over 16 years and the UKs second bestselling royal bio on record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom