The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2020, 09:21 PM
Nobility

Okay, I'll take another route.

This book somehow reminds me of Tatler's Catherine the Great article few months ago; at quick glance seems to be praising the subjects only to drag them down, from someone who claims to have close connection to the subjects, and a note that the subjects knew about the making of said piece before it was published.

Harry is the person who wrote "making people smile" is what make him happy few years ago during Head Together campaign. Will a man who have that kind of thought able to intentionally hurt someone else's feeling, especially his family? And Meghan is a feminist who campaigning women empowerment and support a charity that help women to find job. Will a woman with that kind of passion treats other women like that?

So, I'll say the Sussexes have nothing to do with this book, most intimate details came from Omid's and Durran's imagination (Omid admited in one interview that he tries to "humanised" the Sussexes with this book) where they took some liberties to spins several "close friends"/"insiders"/"source"s statements to fit their (the authors) narative.

Old 08-13-2020, 09:22 PM
Courtier

On another forum, someone said the following about Finding Freedom (paraphrased): you can either spend your money buying this book or splurge it on a dozen donuts, the resulting feeling of sick will be the same in both situations

Old 08-13-2020, 10:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot23ca View Post
I think in the beginning Kate and William were happy to meet Harry’s new girlfriend and were hoping for good things to come of the relationship but it’s natural that they’d be a little wary. He’s coming home with an American actress, the relationship is progressing fast, the girlfriend in question has no exposure to the BRF or to British life in general and doesn’t seem too concerned about that deficit. Harry is head over heels and doesn’t want to hear anything that’s not uniformly positive..

Regarding Kate helping Meghan out, showing her the ropes and things like that, well, Kate can only show someone what she knows, which is how to work as one member of the The Firm. It probably became clear pretty early on that Meghan and Harry had bigger plans for themselves and, given that, there wasn’t much help or advice Kate or any other working royal could give them. And even if none of the above had happened, the fact remains that Kate and Meghan seem like two very different women. Different backgrounds, different interests, different life stages. Which isn’t to say they couldn’t be polite and friendly.. and maybe a stronger bond would have developed over time. One of the many things we’ll never know!
Yes, Harry & Meghan just did not give things enough time.
Old 08-13-2020, 10:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
They didn't say he was mimicking wildlife noises. Archie started "mimicking the sound of animals". These could have been birds, dogs, cats etc.

When Meghan went into the woodlands "for a bathroom break" it was when they were away from the main campsite on safari so nowhere near any toilet blocks.
Don't quote me on this but its not the first time a "royal" has gone primitive when on safari. I'd have to look it up to get the exact details again but I do believe that Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Mother also went on a safari very similar to this and absolutely loved it. Have to laugh at the idea of a very prim and proper QEQM "visiting a tree".
Old 08-13-2020, 10:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Nofret View Post
.. i'm deeply dissapointed, that they talk about security relevant issues - they should know better!!
Me too! I am very disappointed that they describe the jewel vault. Some things should just remain a mystery.
Old 08-14-2020, 12:23 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Don't quote me on this but its not the first time a "royal" has gone primitive when on safari. I'd have to look it up to get the exact details again but I do believe that Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Mother also went on a safari very similar to this and absolutely loved it. Have to laugh at the idea of a very prim and proper QEQM "visiting a tree".
Yes, in the Shawcross official biography there are pages of description of the safaris she went on with Bertie in 1925 where they had no "real bath and WC" for weeks at a time.
Old 08-14-2020, 01:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
On another forum, someone said the following about Finding Freedom (paraphrased): you can either spend your money buying this book or splurge it on a dozen donuts, the resulting feeling of sick will be the same in both situations
Not really...assuming you read the book and eat the donuts over a period of time, the book will continue to make you feel queasy while the donuts will make you feel good!
Old 08-14-2020, 03:35 AM
Aristocracy

The whole farce makes me feel so sorry for QEII and the DofE. So many years working hard to bolster a revered institution to see it dragged through the mud by this two-bit, third rate TV actress with a Messiah complex and a spoiled, selfish grandson with a persecution complex.
Old 08-14-2020, 03:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
Not really...assuming you read the book and eat the donuts over a period of time, the book will continue to make you feel queasy while the donuts will make you feel good!
I haven't read the book and really don't intend to as enough has come out in this thread alone to give me the opinion that this whole panorama of events and rehashing of inane blips and blunders makes me feel like I'm reading a screenplay for an upcoming season of "The Windsors", a comedic parody of the House of Windsor.

One doesn't know where reality ends and the farce begins.
Old 08-14-2020, 04:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks Tommy and Fem for your posts 1654 and 1655, I stand corrected.
Old 08-14-2020, 04:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Muhler -- very good post no 1694. A few more reviews like yours would be helpful from others.
Old 08-14-2020, 04:27 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
It's just embarrassing. I don't need to know about Meghan's toilet habits! It might have been funny in a sitcom, but royals are supposed at least to try to be dignified. Even Sarah Ferguson wouldn't talk about going behind a bush when there were no toilets!
when you say "even Sarah F wouldn't do that, you are saying a LOT
Old 08-14-2020, 04:59 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
Fantastic Fem, much appreciated.

Does your version have the photos .... are there any new/unique photos included, or are they what we’ve seen before?

Can you share some information about The Queen’s jewel cabinet, that I believe is in the book.

And I’ve seen it reported that the Cambridge’s home is described in some detail - I’m assuming it’s Anmer Hall - and something about William and Kate’s photos.

Any details will be great, thanks again.
I was able to get my copy picked up and delivered today, it is the version with photos - none new, all ones we have already seen before.
Old 08-14-2020, 06:01 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
when you say "even Sarah F wouldn't do that, you are saying a LOT
LOL, I thought so, too, though didn't she tell about Diana's warts?
Old 08-14-2020, 06:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
Doesn't the Queen have legal custody of her grandchildren? If so, then wouldn't Charles really have legal custody of Archie or would that only be when he is the Monarch?
The short answer is no to both questions. If you are interested in an explanation, please ask me for one here: General Questions & Random Facts about the British Royal Family.
Old 08-14-2020, 06:14 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen.CH View Post
True, but that's not so ghastly as this stuff about Meg.
Old 08-14-2020, 06:30 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukari View Post
Okay, I'll take another route.

This book somehow reminds me of Tatler's Catherine the Great article few months ago; at quick glance seems to be praising the subjects only to drag them down, from someone who claims to have close connection to the subjects, and a note that the subjects knew about the making of said piece before it was published.

Harry is the person who wrote "making people smile" is what make him happy few years ago during Head Together campaign. Will a man who have that kind of thought able to intentionally hurt someone else's feeling, especially his family? And Meghan is a feminist who campaigning women empowerment and support a charity that help women to find job. Will a woman with that kind of passion treats other women like that?

So, I'll say the Sussexes have nothing to do with this book, most intimate details came from Omid's and Durran's imagination (Omid admited in one interview that he tries to "humanised" the Sussexes with this book) where they took some liberties to spins several "close friends"/"insiders"/"source"s statements to fit their (the authors) narative.

If it all came from Omid's and Durran's imagination, why don't H&M sue them as they do whenever fake news is alleged?
Old 08-14-2020, 06:36 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
If it all came from Omid's and Durran's imagination, why don't H&M sue them as they do whenever fake news is alleged?
I dont think they do, Theryre suing over the copyright issue but if they sued every time someone wrote a book that had got some of its facts wrong they really woudl do nothing else...
Old 08-14-2020, 06:53 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen.CH View Post

IIRC, she said she'd borrowed a pair of Diana's shoes and caught athlete's foot from them. Pretty gross, but I think the toilet thing is worse!
Old 08-14-2020, 06:58 AM
Serene Highness

I can't understand the fuss people are making about the "bathroom break". Harry was pleased to find that a Californian actress was happy to go without a proper wash & loos when on safari. That's in her favour and why not say so? It was just a few words amongst 1000s so what am I missing here?

Closed Thread