Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2020, 02:14 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
A couple of points: William and Iskip's opinions on Meghan. At the end of the day Harry, by law, had to get the queen's consent to marry her. I'm certain there was a background check was done on Meghan before the consent was given. I don't like her because A, B or C was not enough for a royal thumbs down. Adjustments were to be made and time should have been - royal households giving orders to courtiers to leave negative stories to the press to force Meghan into line was a wrong call. Bad blood in the house of Windsor? Everyone needs to own that.

Meghan's paternal family - let's not forget Meghan has not had contact with some of her family in over a decade. Sam and Jr has gone on record with the press, pre and post wedding, demanding their father should be given financial support because of the "care" and bills he paid. Finding Freedom had exposed Dad getting a percentage of the pre-wedding pap photos; court papers for the lawsuit stated Dad didn't pay 100% of Meghan's college education as claimed in the press. That gave away the game: the Markles see Harry and the BRF as their personal ATM machines and loan officers to support them for the rest of their lives. I would not be surprised if the Sussexes took legal steps to make sure no Markle gets custody of Archie should anything happened to them, and I don't blame them.

Harry's change of views - Harry grew up seeing the the world in one way and with his connection with Meghan he has seen the world from her perspective and the impact it had on their family. Harry is not allowed to change his mind on his own? Or it is easier to say he's controlled by his wife?

There's nothing else the Queen could do except giving her consent. Otherwise, the royals would be accused of racism. In fact, some members of the Sussex Squad on Twitter think that ALL royals except Harry are racist.

Old 08-09-2020, 02:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Interesting.

But surely Meghan would have an interest in insisting to learn what it means to be a prominent working royal?

It's not like Harry put a glass-shoe on her foot the day before.
She could have read books, watched documentaries, asked questions. - Pretty much like she would have prepared for a role actually.

So while Harry might have wished to shield her, Meghan could and should have insisted on preparing herself.
She's after all a mature woman who by all accounts is able to stand up for herself
And she cannot have been so ignorant that she thought being royal was only about cutting ribbons, waving and smiling.
- Unless her view of being a working royal was already distorted?
Yes, I agree. I didnít mean to absolve Meghan of responsibility, but reading books, etc...canít replace being educated in ďthe lifeĒ by someone whoís lived it....and not on the periphery, either. Her behavior hasnít been good - she strike me as a diva. However, Harry has enabled her, insisting she get her way instead of telling her that thatís not how things are done.

Old 08-09-2020, 02:35 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Interesting.

But surely Meghan would have an interest in insisting to learn what it means to be a prominent working royal?

She could have read books, watched documentaries, asked questions. - Pretty much like she would have prepared for a role actually.

So while Harry might have wished to shield her, Meghan could and should have insisted on preparing herself.
She's after all a mature woman who by all accounts is able to stand up for herself
And she cannot have been so ignorant that she thought being royal was only about cutting ribbons, waving and smiling.

I think she lost interest the second she realized that she could not be a working royal on her terms - what Harry probably promised her or had thought out for both of them. Since extortion did not work, they left sulking/passive-agressive (Harry) and quickly moving on with the status that is left to grace the world with their humanitarian virtues (Meghan).
Old 08-09-2020, 02:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler;2333481

In no particular order, but just going through my mind:
A) He is having personal issues. And they have become more pronounced than beforehand where he was able to hide it from the public.
We may be seeing some kind of breakdown?

B) We are finally seeing the genuine Harry. The facade is down. This is his true self. A self previously only known to a very few. A very self-centered Harry.
And Meghan is somehow caught up in this whirlwind of events.

C) Harry has seen the light. The light here being Meghan, or perhaps rather an idol, who happens to be a human being named Meghan. Everything positive in this world is personified in Meghan, she is his anchor.
You cannot argue with someone who has seen the light. The world has become binary, it's 0 or 1.
Such an epiphany is not unusual.

D) Meghan is a very skilled and ruthless manipulator, who has managed somehow to manipulate Harry to do her bidding. He has become her slave and she has managed to separate Harry from family and friends in order to control him.

E) Two very self-centered individuals have met and they together have created a distorted view of themselves and the world around them, not to mention their own importance in this surreal world.
They fuel each other. And they cannot accept people who differ from or criticize what H&M are doing, because what they are doing is right and just.
They need people around them who can confirm their worldview and their importance.
This book was supposed to vindicate H&M and in rational eyes it's a PR-disaster!
But if you turn it around and look at the book through completely self-centered eyes, then it makes more sense. It makes perfect sense to cut off your brother and one of your very best friends for slighting you - surely everybody can see that?!?

F) Harry is right. William and Tom Inskip [B
are[/B] racist/snobbish. The British press is most unreasonable and borderline racist. The British public (in particular) is wrong and petty.
H&M's requests were reasonable. Their visions and the ideas they wish to promote are right, important and worthy of a global audience.
H&M should not waste their lives, visions and voices on mere national issues, when there are much more important global issues to address.

G) Your suggestion.

- These are the - sad - possibilities that are in my mind at present.
Very good analysis. I personally think it is a combination but close to E.

Harry: He is incredibly damaged, self-centered and none too bright. He bought into his "Harry the lad" persona that the Palace PR machine crafted for him after the Nazi uniform and Vegas. He liked what he saw in Meghan and was desperate not to loose her. She somehow believed that they would be on equal footing with W&K and he did not bother correcting that perception. The ridiculous claim in court filings about how much money the wedding bought to the UK is the best indication of her perception of this as a popularity contest and not a hierarchy-- something Harry should have corrected.

Meghan: I think she is a plain old narcissist. She was an ageing actress looking for a bigger profile and hit the jackpot. In my opinion, she viewed her membership in the BRF as a stepping stone to making herself a insanely rich global "philanthropist". The goal was always to use her royal status to make tons of money. Like a true narcissist, she has a victim complex. The biggest indication of that came in the Africa documentary. They whined about their lot in life, in a documentary that was meant to highlight the plight of some of the most disadvantaged people on the planet. The fact that she somehow thought that the public would be sympathetic to their plight in that particular setting is a testament to how bad her narcissism really is. Finding Freedom is nothing more than the latest attempt in this.

I do not see this marriage lasting. They will both not get what they need out of this and he will run (her victim complex will never allow her to be the one to end it). At that point, Meghan becomes truly dangerous for the BRF. She will be completely uncontrollable and unpredictable.
Old 08-09-2020, 02:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Interesting.

I've never set one toe in England. I've never met anyone remotely royal from any royal family. And even I knew a lot of the things Meghan said she didn't know. I think she thought they would change for her and not the other way around. It's a thousand year old royal family (depending on when date their beginning) - why would they change for you?
Old 08-09-2020, 03:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Tbh, Muhler, I think the "cutting ribbons, waving and smiling" were exactly the things she didn't want to do (putting the press/social media mess aside). I think she wanted to go global, to travel around the Commonwealth, to speak at UN, at different conferences, she wasn't interested in shaking hands, visiting sick people and the daily grind of the job.

She was not prepared for what it means to be a member of BRF. And the blame is partialy on Harry, and partialy on her. It's not easy to read about another person who Harry cut out of his life just because they told him to give the relationship more time. Because in my opinion, they desperately needed that time and maybe if they used it, we wouldn't be here now.
Old 08-09-2020, 03:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post
Tbh, Muhler, I think the "cutting ribbons, waving and smiling" were exactly the things she didn't want to do (putting the press/social media mess aside). I think she wanted to go global, to travel around the Commonwealth, to speak at UN, at different conferences, she wasn't interested in shaking hands, visiting sick people and the daily grind of the job.

She was not prepared for what it means to be a member of BRF. And the blame is partialy on Harry, and partialy on her. It's not easy to read about another person who Harry cut out of his life just because they told him to give the relationship more time. Because in my opinion, they desperately needed that time and maybe if they used it, we wouldn't be here now.
Given the announcement in Jan, I think patience is not in their forte
Old 08-09-2020, 03:27 PM
Serene Highness

The publication date is fast approaching. And as I am on a family break in Connemara. I am toying with getting it on audio and playing it in the car so they all can listen.

There were many family WhatsApp messages over the Timea extracts.
Old 08-09-2020, 03:38 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

Well Fem, I donít think she gave a damn about being prepared for the RF, rather, she saw marrying as a way to open the door to the world stage and have her Ďlook at me, Iím Sandra Deeí attention she craved...
Old 08-09-2020, 03:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

I agree with everything you said. What I see now with regards to the first part is that Meghan didnít want to do the dirty work, the part of the Royal workload that keeps them connected to the people... She wanted to do good things on her own terms, which meant being glamorous and getting exposure....treatment that Hollywood stars get, which she wanted (and still wants).
Old 08-09-2020, 06:53 PM
Courtier

Came across the chapter titles for the book... a few hours ago, only now did I finish laughing at how bad they are to even post them.

I canít even...
Itís... it reads like chapter titles in a novel for tweens (9-13 demo I believe).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E4485E7B-F72A-4ABA-B0AD-2A5545A96559.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	302266   Click image for larger version

Name:	EBD6ABDA-F332-4EA5-B284-4FB2EE53F304.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	302267  
Old 08-09-2020, 07:16 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
I've never set one toe in England. I've never met anyone remotely royal from any royal family. And even I knew a lot of the things Meghan said she didn't know. I think she thought they would change for her and not the other way around. It's a thousand year old royal family (depending on when date their beginning) - why would they change for you?
Well anyway, if you move to a new country it is really up to you to adapt. In her case she moved to a new country, a new family, and a unique way of life. I don't think she quite understood that, and it didn't go well. It was shocking when they left, but it is clearly for the best. I hope they will be successful and happy.
Old 08-09-2020, 07:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvingdoors View Post
Came across the chapter titles for the book... a few hours ago, only now did I finish laughing at how bad they are to even post them.

I canít even...
Itís... it reads like chapter titles in a novel for tweens (9-13 demo I believe).
When Harry met Meghan?

It seems kind of odd for a "biography" (granted, of a couple....sort of) has chapter titles. Cheesy.
Old 08-09-2020, 07:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
When Harry met Meghan?

It seems kind of odd for a "biography" (granted, of a couple....sort of) has chapter titles. Cheesy.
I think its a play on words alluding to the movie "When Harry Met Sally". Still cheesy though.
Old 08-09-2020, 09:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Personally I think Meghan knew about the RF but thought they simply hadn't thought of her way of doing things. I think a lot of people know about the RF, the Queen etc but not how the RF works as such. It's not a diss to Meghan, I think she truly thought she would bring great ideas and new ways of doing things to the RF and they would jump on them as new and amazing. In fact they had probably been thought of already and dismissed as not appropriate for the RF, what works for celebrity doesn't always work for monarchy.
Old 08-09-2020, 09:39 PM
Royal Highness

So it look's like the Duchess of Sussex - or her spokespeople - have devoted an entire chapter of "Finding Freedom" to her sister.

Another chapter to the "situation" involving her father.

Is "Tropical Storms" about their tour of the South Pacific. I hope Australia doesn't get a beating.

Another chapter is devoted to the "SussexRoyal" website, or the loss of it more likely.

"Half In. Half Out" - a chapter arguing all the good things about this idea that the Royal machine wouldn't listen to?

Look out William - "Brothers Divided".

"Nesting in Windsor" - sounds like this might be a pleasant chapter. Maybe some photos/descriptions of Frogmore Cottage for me - I like property - to browse.

Bet "The Family Meeting" chapter spills some beans.

As the chapter titled "Boom!" comes along in the earlier part of the book, what could that be about?

Even a chapter about their short time in Toronto - a chapter about that? OK.

Going to be interesting when all this is available.

Awaiting more micro-details about what has been going on behind the scenes these last few years

Hope they have been able to include some private/personal photos.
Old 08-09-2020, 10:04 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missjersey View Post
Lol...reminds me when we were starry eyed sophomores...

Edit—you are right Sun Lion, tweens, not sophomores, now I’m laughing at my age, ugh !
Mr Scobie and Ms Durand have spoken on radio in the US about their book.

Here is an article about it, and below that, a transcript of the chat.

I don't think there is going to be much promo done in the UK, as other posters have said, the US is the intended market for the Sussexes.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-wokeness.html

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/09/90060...rney-in-new-bo

(P.S. One of the prices we have to pay for the extra years Missjersey. )
Old 08-09-2020, 10:43 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Personally I think Meghan knew about the RF but thought they simply hadn't thought of her way of doing things. I think a lot of people know about the RF, the Queen etc but not how the RF works as such. It's not a diss to Meghan, I think she truly thought she would bring great ideas and new ways of doing things to the RF and they would jump on them as new and amazing. In fact they had probably been thought of already and dismissed as not appropriate for the RF, what works for celebrity doesn't always work for monarchy.
It was said once years ago, in connection with 'married in's' into the BRF that nobody knows what it is really like until they are actually living the royal life under the spotlight, doing the fulltime work/engagements, in other words, after marriage.

And so the Community Cookbook that sold in its thousands in order to extend the Hub kitchens near the Grenfell Towers, enabling food deliveries to those in need, wasn't a good idea? And the clothing collection for SmartWorks that tried to help women who wished to get back into the workforce, wasnt a good idea either?

Strange that SmartWorks were afterwards able to open extra outlets to assist their clientele then due to the publicity and extra donations. They were very very pleased at the time. As were the ladies with their new kitchen facilities.

Incidentally, I remember reading that when Meghan was cooking with the Hub community kitchen ladies (regularly before the book launch) and discussing ideas for the book that Harry said to a friend that she came back home every time with a big smile on her face. Because she was accepted and was not being judged presumably.
Old 08-09-2020, 11:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
It was said once years ago, in connection with 'married in's' into the BRF that nobody knows what it is really like until they are actually living the royal life under the spotlight, doing the fulltime work/engagements, in other words, after marriage.

And so the Community Cookbook that sold in its thousands in order to extend the Hub kitchens near the Grenfell Towers, enabling food deliveries to those in need, wasn't a good idea? And the clothing collection for SmartWorks that tried to help women who wished to get back into the workforce, wasnt a good idea either?

Strange that SmartWorks were afterwards able to open extra outlets to assist their clientele then due to the publicity and extra donations. They were very very pleased at the time. As were the ladies with their new kitchen facilities.
You know Curryong that Iím usually of a different opinion...

Yes, all charity work is wonderful when it helps others. It can change lives.

Yes, no one knows exactly what one marrying in is really like. Sometimes, especially in the beginning, Iím of the opinion, itís better to be seen and not heard.

For me, Meghan jumped in like a hurricane. I just had a hurricane here, wind howling, trees down, debris all over and you know what, besides the mess left behind, I lost power. Reminds me of her.

You can disagree because we usually do (saying with a smile) if they had only stayed, Iím of the firm belief that they could have done so much more for people. Many, many people. Instead, what I see is a couple who left like an erupting volcano.
Old 08-09-2020, 11:37 PM
Royal Highness

They are going to have more to talk about. If Harry's friends were trashing Meghan behind her back and it as with racial overtones Harry was right to cut them loose. I am curious to see how the Markles are treated. Of course they will say it's not true. But in a US court the Markles have the burden of proof for a libel suit.

Closed Thread