Finding Freedom: Harry and Meghan and the Making of A Modern Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole concept of "freedom" is what gets to me. Insinuating through that word, they're insinuating that they were in some kind of bondage and restricted and curtailed as puppets on strings rather than being given the opportunity to have a global platform to make a difference, wealth and security and perks that, of course, no longer exists and the "freedom" to make their lives as they wished it to be.

I don't think its sunken in yet just how much they've really lost by finding "freedom". Harry more so than Meghan as Harry has never known differently. Its like the old saying to tell a teenager to leave home while they still know everything. Growing into adulthood is a rude awakening to say the least. I think both Harry and Meghan are going to find their own "awakenings" that comes with their "freedom".

I feel now that Meghan put on an act while she and Harry were dating, that she pretended that she admired and respected the BRF, that (when it got serious) she understood (because no way did Harry not explicitly get into this with her) that her life was never going to be the same, that she wouldn’t be free anymore to do exactly as she wished. IMO, she put on this act, biding her time do that once she was inside the BRF, she could make changes. Unfortunately for Meghan, she underestimated the strength of the institution, and I think that’s annoyed and frustrated her. Hence, she and Harry started plotting their exit less than a year and a half into their marriage.

I’m not blaming this all on Meghan, but her influence over Harry is strong and he’ll do anything to make her happy, including ditching the only life he’s ever known, his family and his country. In so doing, he’s acting so unlike the lovable Harry - and this is on him.

Ultimately, I think Meghan will be happy. Harry? I think he will suppress any unhappiness he may feel ...

Last edited:
The crux of the matter actually is the message that its sending out by being published so soon after the exodus to "freedom". From what it sounds like to me, is that with this exodus, the Sussexes and the authors (who, BTW, would *not* publish this book if it went against the grain of the Sussex plan) are trying to assure that the general public does *not* forget who they are, where they've come from and perhaps get a glimpse into where they're going.

What led up to all this in their lives, their possible motives of which we cannot and will probably never know, doesn't matter. What matters is what this book is supposed to accomplish. What will the book tell us? I don't know. Why are they going to release it to the public in August is anybody's guess. What the results of the book are and how well it sells is also up in the air.

Part of me thinks that they feel they still hold the acclaim and the love and praise they've witnessed in the past. Part of me thinks they want that really to continue very badly and part of me thinks this is not the way to go about it.

Actions speak louder than words and instead of the world seeing a book come out about the couple, it would have been more beneficial to actually launch their "foundation" or whatever it is to be, show their business plans and goals and establish themselves through deeds and *then* maybe cooperate with a book once their new lives are established.

But that's just me. A lot of me is beginning to lose interest in this couple. Weird eh? :eek:

The crux of the matter actually is the message that its sending out by being published so soon after the exodus to "freedom". From what it sounds like to me, is that with this exodus, the Sussexes and the authors (who, BTW, would *not* publish this book if it went against the grain of the Sussex plan) are trying to assure that the general public does *not* forget who they are, where they've come from and perhaps get a glimpse into where they're going.

What led up to all this in their lives, their possible motives of which we cannot and will probably never know, doesn't matter. What matters is what this book is supposed to accomplish. What will the book tell us? I don't know. Why are they going to release it to the public in August is anybody's guess. What the results of the book are and how well it sells is also up in the air.

Part of me thinks that they feel they still hold the acclaim and the love and praise they've witnessed in the past. Part of me thinks they want that really to continue very badly and part of me thinks this is not the way to go about it.

Actions speak louder than words and instead of the world seeing a book come out about the couple, it would have been more beneficial to actually launch their "foundation" or whatever it is to be, show their business plans and goals and establish themselves through deeds and *then* maybe cooperate with a book once their new lives are established.

But that's just me. A lot of me is beginning to lose interest in this couple. Weird eh? :eek:

Yeah, like I mentioned before, this book is not a traditional biography - based on what we know, it’s got the Sussexes fingerprints all over it. Anything in the book will have been approved by them, I have no doubt. I wouldn’t be surprised if there was some sort of outline of a future plan somewhere in the book.

I think they’re blind, to be honest. Through their self-centered, disrespectful actions, they’ve squandered most of the goodwill people felt for them - it’s especially disappointing for Harry, who everyone loved. Yet, they don’t see this and, in fact, keep putting their feet in their mouths. They have about the worst PR I’ve ever seen.

Not so weird, actually. Harry and Meghan are exhausting, high-maintenance, and I can see how it must be increasingly difficult to support them. I don’t find them especially interesting, perhaps because I have zero interest in celebrity and the LA lifestyle. They have all these newfound celeb friends, and it leaves me absolutely cold.

I agree that they should have let their actions speak for them for a while before this. Although maybe they were planning on it and due to the current crisis all those plans have been dropped but the book is still coming out.
Although originally this book was supposed to be published in June so maybe they were planning this as a way of launching themselves solo on the world stage anyway.

If you title a book "Finding Freedom" then to be you have "our heroes" and "the bad guys" or at least the "bad institution" they *had* to escape from in order to do all their amazing good works. And they're perfectly justified in all their actions to do this. Of course I might be wrong and it's very balanced but I don't think it's going to be a "there were mistakes on both sides, everyone is great and we wish them well but this is the path for us" story.

I think they might well feel they have lost something of their platform, obviously not their fame and technically their titles but every announcement they make has reminders that they're still royals and they complained about not using them whilst others in the family still had them but worked commercially. They aren't planning on raising their family quietly they're in a world where image and branding matters a huge amount and HRH The Duke and Duchess made them unique.

As for co-operation vs authorisation vs basically ghost written for them, I don't think Omid Scobie is going to write anything they disagree with or that paints them in a bad light. He certainly wouldn't be alone in that in the annals of royal biographers but the news they co operated in this book so soon after everything that happened and is still happening paints the picture this is exactly what they want out there.

I feel now that Meghan put on an act while she and Harry were dating, that she pretended that she admired and respected the BRF, that (when it got serious) she understood (because no way did Harry not explicitly get into this with her) that her life was never going to be the same, that she wouldn’t be free anymore to do exactly as she wished. IMO, she put on this act, biding her time do that once she was inside the BRF, she could make changes. Unfortunately for Meghan, she underestimated the strength of the institution, and I think that’s annoyed and frustrated her. Hence, she and Harry started plotting their exit less than a year and a half into their marriage.

I’m not blaming this all on Meghan, but her influence over Harry is strong and he’ll do anything to make her happy, including ditching the only life he’s ever known, his family and his country. In so doing, he’s acting so unlike the lovable Harry - and this is on him.

Ultimately, I think Meghan will be happy. Harry? I think he will suppress any unhappiness he may feel ...
In my more cynical moments, I find myself wondering if she ever intended to stick out the job.. or if she always had an idea of usng the RF and her time there as a full time royal, to boost her chances of a business career of some kind. Perhaps she did think that in a year or 2 they could go part time as they wanted.. and somehow Harry missed the memo that its not possible to be a working royal, getting public money and representing the queen and also have a private business. The queen allowed it with Edward and it didn't work so she had to get him to stop and become a full time royal. And that was on a smaller scale than Meghan intends IMO. And it didn't work. Perhaps Meghan thought they could do that, Harry alos thought so and they were angry when they found out that the queen was sayng a very firm no.. Possibly Meghan doesn't mind all that much, in the sense that she has had a year or so as Princess which has given her a boost, and she reckons that is enough to put her in a palce where she can mix with the Alist celebs and make money and do some charity work of her choosing.
Yes being royal comes with restrictions. A royal has wealth and privilege.. he also has a lot of press attention and is open to public comment and criticism.. There are restrictions on what he or she can do or say, what charities they can support, how they behave in public, how they behave with other members of the RF etc. But that's life. Nothing is free. If you are born to or marry into royal life, you get the immense wealth and privilege, and you also have to put up with the restrictions.
If Megs desire was to do more "adventurous" charity work that might verge on the political, the RF isnt' the place to do it. but to get the money to do that kind of work, she and Harry will have to engage in a business career and make money and how much time will they then have for the charity side fo things? If she was willing to put up with the limitations of being a working royal, she could do good, if that is her big thing.. but I think that being "free".. not being told "You can't do this or that, you have to live here and not tehre" etc is more important to her

I must admit I am uncomfortable with the us of the word' freedom' in the title.
They did want and decided they were going to have a different life, a new life ,a life free of royal limitations.
I am not criticising them for following their desires but just wished they had used a different word.
There are people in the world today who know what it really is to want freedom.

I must admit I am uncomfortable with the us of the word' freedom' in the title.
They did want and decided they were going to have a different life, a new life ,a life free of royal limitations.
I am not criticising them for following their desires but just wished they had used a different word.
There are people in the world today who know what it really is to want freedom.

They have not written the book, and they may not have anything to do with the choice of title. But they're not in quite the same boat as other royals who have cooperated with jouirnalists on books and bios about themselves.. this book Is coming out just after they've done something very controversial.. so I think that since the Corona crisis has made life very difficult and firghtening for everyone, they should draw back form the book.. perhaps it would be wiser if the books' publication was delayed a bit, so that we don't hear about their "struggles" when the rest of the world is struggling with something so terrifying...

In my more cynical moments, I find myself wondering if she ever intended to stick out the job.. or if she always had an idea of usng the RF and her time there as a full time royal, to boost her chances of a business career of some kind. Perhaps she did think that in a year or 2 they could go part time as they wanted.. and somehow Harry missed the memo that its not possible to be a working royal, getting public money and representing the queen and also have a private business. The queen allowed it with Edward and it didn't work so she had to get him to stop and become a full time royal. And that was on a smaller scale than Meghan intends IMO. And it didn't work. Perhaps Meghan thought they could do that, Harry alos thought so and they were angry when they found out that the queen was sayng a very firm no.. Possibly Meghan doesn't mind all that much, in the sense that she has had a year or so as Princess which has given her a boost, and she reckons that is enough to put her in a palce where she can mix with the Alist celebs and make money and do some charity work of her choosing.
Yes being royal comes with restrictions. A royal has wealth and privilege.. he also has a lot of press attention and is open to public comment and criticism.. There are restrictions on what he or she can do or say, what charities they can support, how they behave in public, how they behave with other members of the RF etc. But that's life. Nothing is free. If you are born to or marry into royal life, you get the immense wealth and privilege, and you also have to put up with the restrictions.
If Megs desire was to do more "adventurous" charity work that might verge on the political, the RF isnt' the place to do it. but to get the money to do that kind of work, she and Harry will have to engage in a business career and make money and how much time will they then have for the charity side fo things? If she was willing to put up with the limitations of being a working royal, she could do good, if that is her big thing.. but I think that being "free".. not being told "You can't do this or that, you have to live here and not tehre" etc is more important to her

No, I don't think it was premeditated.

I think Meghan and Harry somehow believed they could reform the BRF from within, with themselves taking the lead by example.
Probably they also had an overrated view of their own popularity and influence in regards to the public. Missing that when it comes to royalty the general public and the royalists in particular tend to be more conservative that the royals themselves.

What I am personally convinced of is that H&M have build up a kind of fantasy-vision of their future and the roles they are going to play in that fantasy-vision. - And if no one contradicts them, they are inevitably going to believe their in own imaginations. There are countless examples of that.
So I believe they were basically running away from realities when the BRF and others were about to put a needle in the fantasy-balloon.
They ran away from Canada when their fantasy-vision was about to be faced with reality. So now they live in LA, still within a fantasy-vision and perhaps they will try and run away again when reality catch up with them one more time? No later than when all this Corona-terror is over. But where will they run to next?
They are basically acting like lovesick teenagers. (*)

If I'm right, and I fear I am, it's really tragic to look at. Especially for Harry, because he is not used to a "normal" life. And he has burned quite a few bridges behind him!

(*) You don't have to be a teenager to react irrational when in love, mind you!

I think you raise some very interesting points. I have stated on more than one occassion that I do not think she entered this marriage with view to leaving the BRF so promptly. I think she was disillussioned quite quickly on what being married to the 6th in line actually entailed, and it was perhaps very different to what she had envisaged.

However, the speed of her exit, that the website had been registered almost a year ago, the way all her communications were often timed for a US audience (foe example, that brief interview after Archie's birth), her comments on the Africa documentary etc makes me sometime question my thoughts outlined above.

I think Meghan and Harry somehow believed they could reform the BRF from within, with themselves taking the lead by example.
Probably they also had an overrated view of their own popularity and influence in regards to the public. Missing that when it comes to royalty the general public and the royalists in particular tend to be more conservative that the royals themselves.

What I am personally convinced of is that H&M have build up a kind of fantasy-vision of their future and the roles they are going to play in that fantasy-vision. - And if no one contradicts them, they are inevitably going to believe their in own imaginations. There are countless examples of that.
So I believe they were basically running away from realities when the BRF and others were about to put a needle in the fantasy-balloon.
They ran away from Canada when their fantasy-vision was about to be faced with reality. So now they live in LA, still within a fantasy-vision and perhaps they will try and run away again when reality catch up with them one more time? No later than when all this Corona-terror is over. But where will they run to next?

If I'm right, and I fear I am, it's really tragic to look at. Especially for Harry, because he is not used to a "normal" life. And he has burned quite a few bridges behind him!

Perhaps I am cynical.. but I thought that thy were "sincere" in going to Canada, but then the move to LA struck me as very odd... If it was to be with Doria, why not go there in the first place? Was the initial move to Canada a blind to soften up the public and the RF.. and when they found tht travel was going to be impossible and the Canadains were no longer going to pay for tehir security, they made the move to LA in a rush.. Its possible that they did always intend to make that move..but the problems of Corona drove them into dong it sooner.

I think you raise some very interesting points. I have stated on more than one occassion that I do not think she entered this marriage with view to leaving the BRF so promptly. I think she was disillussioned quite quickly on what being married to the 6th in line actually entailed, and it was perhaps very different to what she had envisaged.

However, the speed of her exit, that the website had been registered almost a year ago, the way all her communications were often timed for a US audience (foe example, that brief interview after Archie's birth), her comments on the Africa documentary etc makes me sometime question my thoughts outlined above.

Thank you. I don't take to her but I was prepared to give her the benefit of the doubt..but if she got disillusioned with the RF, she DID do it very quickly, didn't she? Im sure that the queen would have said "Meghan you haven't been with us very long, why not stick it out for another few years, give it 5 years and then if you still are unhappy and thngs have not improved, you can go with my blessing.." And barely a year ISNT very long to adjust to everything.
BU-t when you point out that the website was registered quite a while ago, that she had that baby shower which definitely cooled the public on her to an extent, it feels like she was "fed up" with royal life form much earlier on.. (if that's what the problem was) and there was the interview in Africa, which I sort of wondered was "preparing the public for them leaving because they weren't happy"...I can't help feeling that perhaps the people who said nastily that she was always in it for the publicity and never intended to stay.. were nearer the truth...

Agree - I really am getting adolescent temperament here. No one understands them. they will do things there way and no one can tell them differently. It is them against the world.

Perhaps I am cynical.. but I thought that thy were "sincere" in going to Canada, but then the move to LA struck me as very odd... If it was to be with Doria, why not go there in the first place? Was the initial move to Canada a blind to soften up the public and the RF.. and when they found tht travel was going to be impossible and the Canadains were no longer going to pay for tehir security, they made the move to LA in a rush.. Its possible that they did always intend to make that move..but the problems of Corona drove them into dong it sooner.

Well, I think their move to Canada was for real. They really intended to live and work from Canada.
But I think it soon dawned on them that their stay really wasn't that popular and - this is something Canadians can answer better than me - it was quietly made clear to them that there were limitations and conditions they had to adhere to if wishing to stay in Canada. And not wanting to be "curbed" the logic move is to move on to a place where they can be "free" to live out their visions. LA. A place at least Meghan is familiar with and seemingly with a "network" that can help and support them. I.e. Hollywood celebs.
Considering the number of high ranking Hollywood celebs at their wedding that thought is perhaps reasonable.
But again I think H&M miscalculated their own position. The hollywood celebs were to take part in a royal wedding. An ex-royal, now duke, couple with a less than glamorous reputation in the eyes of the general public, may not be of that big interest.

I shall look very much forward to this book, because I think it will indirectly answer quite a few questions. - And merit at least a couple of hundred pages here on TRF. ;)

I just find it extremely hard to believe that Meghan had no idea of what to expect, that she entered into the marriage as an innocent. She’d been somewhat exposed to the lifestyle while she and Harry dated, and I have to assume he made it clear to her what she should expect. She went into this wanting to change a 1000 year old institution, which for me is the height of arrogance. When she didn’t get what she wanted, that was it - she was done. I still can’t get over her whining about not being supported, as if her new family didn’t care for her. Notice we didn’t hear any such comments after the wedding, when Charles walked her down the aisle, or even before, when she was invited to stay at Sandringham for Christmas. Her “no one has asked if I’m ok” came after all that, and by then she and Harry had already started plotting their way out. IMO, her opinions of her new family members were colored by her frustrations at the limitations of her new life.

I think you’re last thoughts are closer to the mark.

I think she/they were initially sincere, and to an extent that they still mean to do good in the world. It was a fantastic opportunity to be the Commonwealth/international couple" to have a platform to advocate to issues close to her heart as Harry had done in setting up Sentenbale and Invictus Games and Heads Together etc. It was also all a whirlwind and very exciting.

Things seemed to go wrong with that fairly quickly, especially with all the leaks both for and against Meghan last year, her family and realising that it couldn't be all crusading philanthropy, that there were a lot of restrictions, and 6th in mind whilst still a senior royal, has to fit in with what the overall vision of the Monarchy is.

Hence two progressive, bright young things were being held back from their true potential by a cold and musty institution that didn't understand them together with media determined to bring them down meant they might escape everything (except all the best bits they wanted to "collaborate" on) and step out of the prison into freedom. Which does seem to have started to be thought about long before January which means it might have been a matter of months after the wedding, which certainly isn't long enough to give it a fair shake after so much change for her in less than two years.

Plus they saw they could make a lot of money commercialising "Sussex Royal" and now "Archewell" if they went "part time". And the book is the beginning of this.

The topic of this thread is the new book about the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. Please stay on topic. OT posts will be deleted.

Last edited:
'Thoroughly modern royals'?

H&M are not even Royalty even more! And what are they doing that makes them 'modern'? they dont have any firm plans in place other than swanning around Hollywood.

Term is not exactly original either I remember Sophie and Edward being described as 'modern royals' in the 1990s. At least those two went into their marriage with good intentions as they already had established careers and were still doing their bit for the RF. But it still ended badly, and crumbled down upon them.

'Thoroughly modern royals'?

H&M are not even Royalty even more! And what are they doing that makes them 'modern'? they dont have any firm plans in place other than swanning around Hollywood.

Term is not exactly original either I remember Sophie and Edward being described as 'modern royals' in the 1990s. At least those two went into their marriage with good intentions as they already had established careers and were still doing their bit for the RF. But it still ended badly, and crumbled down upon them.

The Queen was called a modern monarchy in the 1940's. Charles and Diana, Andrew and Sarah were called it. I think even Margaret was called a modern Princess. :)
It is just the terms has negative connotations - if you modern someone is backwards.

A) They didn't pick the title. Even if the book is 'pro Sussex' so what? Not the first time a book is pro-member of the BRF. If it was negative about the Sussexes would that be more acceptable? That certainly seems to be indicated by the comments here.

B) We've not seen a single phrase from the book that I'm aware of. So how are ppl deducing this is a hatchet job on the BRF?

C) This is another book in the long line of books about Royals which they may (or may not of, we don't know yet) have given an interview or been asked about something in the book. If they did give an interview it's nothing more than half of the BRF have already done.

D) Everyone needs to stop clutching their pearls and imagining all sorts of the worst possible senarios about the book...wait and see what it actually says.

LaRae

A) They didn't pick the title. Even if the book is 'pro Sussex' so what? Not the first time a book is pro-member of the BRF. If it was negative about the Sussexes would that be more acceptable? That certainly seems to be indicated by the comments here.

C) This is another book in the long line of books about Royals which they may (or may not of, we don't know yet) have given an interview or been asked about something in the book. If they did give an interview it's nothing more than half of the BRF have already done.

A) If Meghan and Henry have had close ties to this book as have been claimed, then I would have fully expected them to sign off on every element of the book. Including the front cover picture and title.

C) For me, what makes this potentially different from other royals books, even just from the title alone. Is the claim of Modern Royals and the use of the word Freedom. Those aren’t phrases and words bounded out by the royal family too often, for good reason. If, the DM articles about the “tell all” nature of this book are true, then it does completely differ from any other royal biographer except for Mortons infamous expose.

The authors announced this on their social media today. This book started 2 years ago. It has been in production for a while. Also the authors make sure to say it is not an official biography nor endorsed by them. Also no interviews. They are two corespondents who seemingly decided after the engagement to write a book on their marriage journey. So yes it is like most these books out. Only difference people have issue with the author but that can be said for any of these books out here.

Last edited:
This book started 2 years ago. It has been in production for a while. Also the authors make sure to say it is not an official biography nor endorsed by them. Also no interviews. They are two corespondents who seemingly decided before their marriage to write a book on their journey. Like most these books out.

Who says the book started 2 years ago? The book charts the couples relationship from the start apparently, doesn’t say the book started two years ago.

Omid, who has chosen to post, Carolyn has simply retweeted this information has also been very clear in saying “I’m looking forward to sharing much more about #FindingFreedom when our world is in a better place (and it will be[emoji172])”. They’ve announced now, because the listings have gone up and the press are talking about it.

Neither party (Scobie or Durand) confirm nor deny any interviews with the Sussexes.

Thank you ACO.

I think this is the most important part about this book I have seen yet:
"The aim of this book is to portray the real Harry and Meghan, a couple who continue to inspire many around the world through their humanitarian and charitable work but are often inaccurately portrayed,” the authors said in a joint statement.

The two added that their “mission has been motivated by a desire to tell an accurate version of their journey and finally present the truth of misreported stories that have become gospel simply because of the amount of times they have been repeated,” and signed off by thanking their sources.

The book is not an official or endorsed biography from the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. It also doesn’t claim to feature interviews with Meghan and Harry, though the two authors, particularly Scobie, are said to be extremely close to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.
"

- My interest in this book has just fallen orders of magnitudes. Without direct quotes from H&M it's just another biased book about them. This time no doubt in a very positive light.
Was this a book about my own royal family I wouldn't waste money on it.

Thank you ACO.

"The aim of this book is to portray the real Harry and Meghan, a couple who continue to inspire many around the world through their humanitarian and charitable work but are often inaccurately portrayed,” the authors said in a joint statement.

The two added that their “mission has been motivated by a desire to tell an accurate version of their journey and finally present the truth of misreported stories that have become gospel simply because of the amount of times they have been repeated,” and signed off by thanking their sources.

The book is not an official or endorsed biography from the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. It also doesn’t claim to feature interviews with Meghan and Harry, though the two authors, particularly Scobie, are said to be extremely close to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.
"

- My interest in this book has just fallen orders of magnitudes. Without direct quotes from H&M it's just another biased book about them. This time no doubt in a very positive light.

I suspect it will be little more than a hagiography!

Thoroughly Modern Royals:The Real World of Harry and Meghan

Thank you for providing links, confirming your statements. Seeing as your original post only mention the “reporters” social media, none of said information is including in their tweets.

This book is now just another biased, one sided sycophantic novel which will no doubt contain very little truth and a lot of supposition, IMO.

Last edited:
Thank you ACO.

"

What I found the most interesting was this fragment:

And just because there isn’t an official sign off from Harry and Meghan now doesn’t mean there might not be in the future. After many years of speculation, Andrew Morton revealed in 1997 that the main source for his 1992 biography of Princess Diana, called “Diana, Her True Story,” was the late royal herself. He admitted Diana’s involvement one month after she died in a 1997 car crash in Paris.

It's very "we can neither confirm nor deny". This, in addition to Omid Scobie being the author, really makes me think the Sussexes were consulted on this project.

I just find it extremely hard to believe that Meghan had no idea of what to expect, that she entered into the marriage as an innocent. She’d been somewhat exposed to the lifestyle while she and Harry dated, and I have to assume he made it clear to her what she should expect.

Here I am not sure that Harrytold her what to expect of life as a Royal. He never seemed to fit in too well with them after all. And I'm not sure he was aware just how strong a woman she is. I still believe the queen and Charles were completely enarmoured by her and probably still "give her time" right now to come to her senses (and bring Harry back).

But the tabloids and their way to try to rip her one and bring her down was too much. She was not loved by the media and they let her know about it. IIRC they gave Diana 18 months before they focussed on her spending too much money, getting rid of staff she didn't like, not preparing enough for her Royal appointments and started to hit on her. And that had an impact of her marriage with Charles. Here now we have a woman who is loved by her husband, but the tabloid influence was surely felt as much as it was then and where Diana could not go as a young bride, Meghan could and take her husband with her.

I have no idea where Harry and Meghan will end up. Maybe they return into the Royal fold and work it out, even if it will be tough. Maybe they set up their own charity foundation and work their whole time there without appearing too much in the public. I still wish them a good ending and a happy ever after.

This book and the obnoxious title is grabbing at the current situation and trying to fit in with the story. I am not sure this is what Harry and Meghan need at the moment or even want. But (other than others here) I am not sure they are so involved. IMHO the idea of a book started out when the tabloids wrote all those lies abo9ut them and Scobie offered them a book where the situation could be rectified. And then all that stuff happened and the story got its own drive and now, IMHO, they have to live with what Scobie writes. And that is not good for them.

In a way, Harry is now set to fulfill the life his mother left when she died. Only he is Royal born, so could come back. We have seen just what kind of people Diana had to befriend in the last year of her life - let's hope Meghan and Harry have a better life in front of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom