Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2020, 04:41 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Which "emerald tiara\ necklace that Sophie has often worn" are you referring to?

I do not think it makes HM look bad at all, if she is willing to call a spade a spade!
Just a question? What "fake" emerald tiara is this? Why would Meg want a fake emerald tiara?
Re the queen, I think that she does take an interest in the jewels worn by members of the family, and while she would give the ladies a choice it would be within limits. More like "here are 4 or 5 ornaments that I think are suitable please pick one." If Meghan was wanting something that wasn't on offer, or that she didn't consider suitable I think the queen would "slap her down" but politely...

Old 07-30-2020, 05:11 AM
Aristocracy

From the DM.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...-necklace.html

Quote:
Meghan Markle was left 'frustrated and emotional' after a palace aide scolded her for wearing necklace with the initials 'H' and 'M' before she and Prince Harry were engaged, source claims in tell-all new book

• Duchess of Sussex sported £184 necklace with tiny H and M in December 2016
  • Was pictured wearing it while shopping in Toronto and smiled at the cameras
  • Source in bombshell new biography Finding Freedom claims Meghan was advised wearing such a necklace 'encouraged' new headlines about couple
  • After hanging up on call from aide, former actress felt 'frustrated and emotional'
If this is true, then she was lying when she said that the palace didn't protect or advise her.

Old 07-30-2020, 05:17 AM
Majesty

Im really curious where Omid got his information from. he must have talked to aides and friends at least...
Old 07-30-2020, 05:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Im really curious where Omid got his information from. he must have talked to aides and friends at least...

I think they all (apart from that former Campbell-wife) could write a book about Meghan & Harry. But you need to have a point where the publisher and public will believe in the book. Scobie had that - and a collegue willing to do research, I think. So we don't get "H&M's story" but rather a sympathetic view on the things people say about them. Which are not all positive.
Old 07-30-2020, 05:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
I think they all (apart from that former Campbell-wife) could write a book about Meghan & Harry. But you need to have a point where the publisher and public will believe in the book. Scobie had that - and a collegue willing to do research, I think. So we don't get "H&M's story" but rather a sympathetic view on the things people say about them. Which are not all positive.
Thing is, if this is the 'sympathetic view' (which i kinda agree it is), i wonder what impact this will have on H&M intended work and foundation. They are hoping to make a difference in the world, at least in their chosen causes (and i applaud them for it), and they will need a platform for that. Not a media or social media platform but a platform where they can get donations and sponsorships from large companies.
These companies might become hesitant on working with them if the 'sympathetic view' on the couple is that they are high-maintenance and quickly angered...

just my 2 cts

still waiting until the book comes out though...it still might give a more balanced view..
Old 07-30-2020, 06:46 AM
Serene Highness

Good point. It's very hard to imagine someone like Michelle Obama or Amal Clooney being so undignified as to complain publicly about an argument over a piece of jewellery. Why would you want to work with the Sussexes' foundation when you could work with them instead?
Old 07-30-2020, 06:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyDrx View Post
From the DM.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...-necklace.html

If this is true, then she was lying when she said that the palace didn't protect or advise her.
Meghan considers support or advice to be as such only when they allow her to do as she wants/doesnít restrict her in any way/confirms her belief, etc.. She, like Harry, wants YES people around her; she doesnít like rules or conventions, doesnít like being told/advised what to do even if she asks for said advice. She only wants to hear what she wants to hear. Frankly, as much as she may love Harry, marrying into the Royal family was a lousy idea as it could never have worked.

I have to laugh at her smiling for the camera as noted above. She tipped off paparazzi apparently, also. So much for this intense need for privacy.
Old 07-30-2020, 07:13 AM
Heir Apparent

The photographer who took those images flat out said he wasn’t tipped off by Meghan. They were not set up. He did say that Meghan was friendly to him at the time and smiled (she smiled for the royal rota too— one thing they actually did praise her for). But eventually that too stopped.

People comparing her relationship with the media as a working actress vs as a royal is apples and oranges. Then again Meghan being an actress has always been something people seemed to judge her about...
Old 07-30-2020, 07:33 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
Er um of course not everyone will say positive things about them. Not everyone likes them. But Omid must have done research by talking to friends, staff, people who have met them in the course of their work.. He hardly made up the book wholly from his imagination. and as you've said, he is sympathetic to them..
I don't know why people seem to be claiming that this book is "not accurate" or that its virtually fiction. Surely if Omid is a friend of theirs and has had access to them and they have it seems spoken to him.. at times about things that happened and that they were unhappy about, he does not have to resort to a "totally made up" book.. ANd if he's not playing fair by them.. if he has revealed things that they wnated kept private, or IS reporting inaccurately, aren't they rather stupid to have trusted him, when they are generally wary about the press
Old 07-30-2020, 07:53 AM
Royal Highness

So, apparently they didn't talk on-the-record for the book, nor off-the-record for thr book.
But they still could have talked to Scobie before the book plans started and he just used all that info for the book.
So, they could all be telling the truth.
Old 07-30-2020, 07:54 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
From Newsweek..

Itís plausible if we assume that H and M advised the BRF of what was going to be in the book....Many reports have Harry and William speaking, and we know Harry and his father are as well, so...again, of the Sussexes didnít blindside the family this time, it makes sense

However, friends of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex say the book was written six months ago and the family has been brought back together since.

Things are still not perfect, but "natural family moments" have helped to repair wounds, a friend told Newsweek.

"Also you've had things such as Charles' illness. So there have been moments that will inevitably have created natural family moments. It's very difficult to look at the book as an accurate depiction of what is going on at the moment."

https://www.newsweek.com/how-coronav...royals-1520887

If the book was done 6 months ago, why does it include events that happened less than 6 months ago? Seems like backtracking PR spin from 'friends of the Duke and Duchess' to me.

Hopefully the hype will stop soon. The book will be released in a couple of weeks, so hopefully will be forgotten about by the end of August as all it seems to be doing is pouring gasoline on the flame. It seems as though H+M ranted to 'friends' about the situation and those friends felt that Scobie and Durrand would tell the world 'the truth' so that H+M would be seen as the victims.

Everyone involved needs to learn to stop ranting about family problems to friends as they seem to leak more than sieve.
Old 07-30-2020, 07:56 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
I don't know if there is another which is worn really.

And if Eugenie wanted the emerald. Another one with emeralds would be vetoed.
Does anyone know how the tiara-picking works?
Does the bride get a catalogue with pictures of all the tiara's, or does the Queen make a selection and then the bride can choose from those?
Old 07-30-2020, 08:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post

I have to laugh at her smiling for the camera as noted above. She tipped off paparazzi apparently, also. So much for this intense need for privacy.

As an actress you simply need the paparazzi. Rarely does one become a star without media support. But as a Royal princess you don't need the media. But whatever you do, they'll be there and put their own slant on what you do.
So with the change in status came the change in need of the media.
Old 07-30-2020, 08:14 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLV View Post
Does anyone know how the tiara-picking works?
Does the bride get a catalogue with pictures of all the tiara's, or does the Queen make a selection and then the bride can choose from those?
According to what the papers said about Beatrice's wedding - and this may or may not be accurate - the way it works is that the Queen chooses the tiara ... but I would assume she picks a few and the bride gets a choice.
Old 07-30-2020, 08:28 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
According to what the papers said about Beatrice's wedding - and this may or may not be accurate - the way it works is that the Queen chooses the tiara ... but I would assume she picks a few and the bride gets a choice.
She picks a few and thr bride chooses. But more likely Angela Kelly gets the dress pattern, the veil pattern and asks what the brides would like. Sorts out about 3 she thinks are suitable and okays that with the Queen. Then the bride comes to see them. Sent for cleaning, and they get it for a trial and the ceremony.

----

I think time and again what shows is how unable and/or unwilling Meghan was to adapt to the system. It doesn't matter that it does need modernising. She isn't the one to do it. She either had to learn to be a cog in the wheel or she wasn't going to fit. No one is reay to blame for that except for maybe Meghan herself who refused to even try. But she probably thought that it was killing her.

She didn't know what it is like. She thought she would have the platform she always wanted so people would listen to her. That isn't it. It is public servitude.
Old 07-30-2020, 08:37 AM
Majesty

Quote:
She picks a few and thr bride chooses. But more likely Angela Kelly gets the dress pattern, the veil pattern and asks what the brides would like. Sorts out about 3 she thinks are suitable and okays that with the Queen. Then the bride comes to see them. Sent for cleaning, and they get it for a trial and the ceremony.
I think it also likely that the bride gets to have asks for and against. As in wants "something smaller," "something simple," "all white stones," "linear rather than floral," "Pearls if possible," or along those lines.
Old 07-30-2020, 08:45 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by phss View Post
If the book was done 6 months ago, why does it include events that happened less than 6 months ago? Seems like backtracking PR spin from 'friends of the Duke and Duchess' to me.

Hopefully the hype will stop soon. The book will be released in a couple of weeks, so hopefully will be forgotten about by the end of August as all it seems to be doing is pouring gasoline on the flame. It seems as though H+M ranted to 'friends' about the situation and those friends felt that Scobie and Durrand would tell the world 'the truth' so that H+M would be seen as the victims.

Everyone involved needs to learn to stop ranting about family problems to friends as they seem to leak more than sieve.
People are entitled to "rant about family problems" to friends, we all have ups and downs and need to vent. What is NOT a good idea is to pass on these rants to press or authors. Meg and H's friends should not have passed this stuff on to Omid...adn some may feel they woudlnt have doen so without an OK from the primary couple.
Old 07-30-2020, 08:46 AM
Nobility

Quote:
He said they didn't interview or discuss it. I don't think he is lying but there are other ways.
exactly, remember Clinton saying he never had sex with Monica.
it's easy to find expressions to avoid problems, interpretations are free always.
Old 07-30-2020, 08:51 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I think it also likely that the bride gets to have asks for and against. As in wants "something smaller," "something simple," "all white stones," "linear rather than floral," "Pearls if possible," or along those lines.
Not sure. I think the queen and her dresser (though the queen isn't really into jewelry per se) both know a good deal about jewels and how to wear them and to match them up with gowns and veils.. and knowing what the bride is wearing they produce a choice of about 3...
If the bride has a really strong idea about something.. (some people are superstitious about emeralds for example) she might say "I really would prefer not to wear X" ... and the queen would take it into account.. All the same I get the feeling that the queen's rather firm on these issues..She doesn't give a large number of choices, and she probably feels that she and her dresser are experts in this field and what they say is the best way to go...
I dont think she's dictatorial in the sense of saying "here is this one tiara and you wear it" but she's not going to be "what would yo like to wear dear?"
Old 07-30-2020, 09:17 AM
Majesty

Quote:
S.

----

I think time and again what shows is how unable and/or unwilling Meghan was to adapt to the system. It doesn't matter that it does need modernising. She isn't the one to do it. She either had to learn to be a cog in the wheel or she wasn't going to fit. No one is reay to blame for that except for maybe Meghan herself who refused to even try. But she probably thought that it was killing her.

The institution has been modernized. The Queen doesn't live as her parents did and the British Court certainly is nothing like it was under her grandparents. Royalty everywhere, like the peerage, have been greatly slimmed down already. And the trend will only continue in the next reigns. No need for Meghan to jumpstart it.

Closed Thread