Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2020, 04:04 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
No one actually believes that? Do they?
It appears that some people dont believe that Meg and Harry had any input into the book and that the book itself isn't very accurate...

Old 07-29-2020, 04:07 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
It appears that some people dont believe that Meg and Harry had any input into the book and that the book itself isn't very accurate...
May not be accurate but it is their version . It also just confirms that they were the leakers in the palace.

Old 07-29-2020, 04:10 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Harry and Meghan don't think the book is bad. Because it is their story. It won't do their mental health any good when they see people's responses.

William was always going to be King regardless of any type of relationship.

Well they are not that bright. She always appear to talk with such confidence and intelligence but it's the Ameeicsn confidence seeing her through. They aren't the sharpest but then neither are lots of others.
I thought that is obvious, H&M do not realize the book, as far as we can see now,
does make them look bad and immaturely .....
The book looks like just another step on their selfdestroying path.
And Harry, who I do not consider very bright, is hardly going to find a way out of this on his own and with M. who seems to strengthen his opinions rather than being corrective, I wonder how many years maybe a lifetime it will take hime to come over this and find peace. But this is life, isn't it.
But for the child it is a real damage to grow up like this, heaven help him!
Old 07-29-2020, 04:10 PM
Majesty

Quote:
May not be accurate but it is their version . It also just confirms that they were the leakers in the palace.
Yes i think it is basically what they think and how they see things...so in that sense it is accurate. Just as Diana Her True Story was HER version of the breakdown of her marriage..but her version was different to Charles's...I think that they may or may not have had a direct input, but I think that what's in the book fits with what we have heard from them...so it is giving their side of the story...Again Wil and Kate, teh queen and Charles may have a different version.
Old 07-29-2020, 04:15 PM
Royal Highness

I think she wanted the fake emerald tiara\ necklace that Sophie has often worn. But if I am not mistaken that is something that Sophie hires or loans from the jewellery store and not owned by the Queen. Just surmising as it appears to have been a emerald tiara she saw on another royal.
Old 07-29-2020, 04:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
So it appears that they are a stupid pair who gave access to someone who was going to write some kind of nonsensical book which will only make them look bad?

Not stupid as in not intelligent. Just not used to deal with such a situation in a proper way. Which is, before you ask, don't complain, don't explain.

They surely didn't think of where they would end up when they started complaining and found a friendly ear in Scobie. They wanted "their" side to be told: but IMHO back then only about the romance of the century and their struggles within the Royal family. To let the public know. I don't think they planned to move away at the point when they granted Scobie access.

It was a windfall gain for him. But nothing H&M really wanted, because it closed up avenues for them.
Old 07-29-2020, 04:18 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen.CH View Post
I thought that is obvious, H&M do not realize the book, as far as we can see now,
does make them look bad and immaturely .....
The book looks like just another step on their selfdestroying path.
And Harry, who I do not consider very bright, is hardly going to find a way out of this on his own and with M. who seems to strengthen his opinions rather than being corrective, I wonder how many years maybe a lifetime it will take hime to come over this and find peace. But this is life, isn't it.
But for the child it is a real damage to grow up like this, heaven help him!
Well he has skills and abilities but an intellectual, or even a higher order thinker, he is not.

And it looks like she isn't that bright either. But she
too has other skills. I really hesitate to call people stupid as intelligence is multi faceted. But at this game, they are without skills.

They just have no advice they are willing to listen to. Diana was the same. It is dangerous really.

Omid wrote a book with Carolyn and will make money. Good on him.
Old 07-29-2020, 04:19 PM
Majesty

Didnt Eugenie wear an emerald tiara?
Old 07-29-2020, 04:20 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
Not stupid as in not intelligent. Just not used to deal with such a situation in a proper way. Which is, before you ask, don't complain, don't explain.

They surely didn't think of where they would end up when they started complaining and found a friendly ear in Scobie. They wanted "their" side to be told: but IMHO back then only about the romance of the century and their struggles within the Royal family. To let the public know. I don't think they planned to move away at the point when they granted Scobie access.

It was a windfall gain for him. But nothing H&M really wanted, because it closed up avenues for them.
so it appears they did complain to and talk to Omid...because tehy wanted "their side" to be told....
Old 07-29-2020, 04:23 PM
Majesty

Take a look in the Meghan wedding tiara thread at the last posting there by Leopoldine, who tracked down what she believes is a likely contender. A very interesting theory on the Yusopoff emerald bandeau.
Old 07-29-2020, 04:28 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post

They surely didn't think of where they would end up when they started complaining and found a friendly ear in Scobie.
This has been bothering me: what did they hope to gain from getting their side of the story out? If Harry truly wanted to continue representing the Queen part-time, he had to know that the book wouldn't help. I also think a rift with the royal family will hurt their ability to earn an income.
Old 07-29-2020, 04:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Didnt Eugenie wear an emerald tiara?
Do you know I really thought people made that bit up. Buy now it seems it's true. Eugenie is the Queen's grandmother, and may have, for all we know, picked out that tiara years ago, incase she ever got married. So off limits.
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
I'm one of those people. I think, at this point, Harry and Meghan's input into the book is questionable at the very least. Its not a given fact than can be credibly proven that they did or didn't provide input. Unless the sources for information are actually named for any "friends" that provided input, the sources remain questionable and not fact that they've cooperated with this book.

With so many questionable variables, it makes the book, itself, questionable. Accuracy is based on fact.
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
This has been bothering me: what did they hope to gain from getting their side of the story out? If Harry truly wanted to continue representing the Queen part-time, he had to know that the book wouldn't help. I also think a rift with the royal family will hurt their ability to earn an income.
Not sure.. he may think that a bit of dispute with the RF will make them more popular in the US?
Its not clear either how long this books' been in the works. If they only started it in January by then H and Meg were out of the RF.
Old 07-29-2020, 04:32 PM
Serene Highness

I find the whole thing so sad, the only person on Meghans side that they appear to have a relationship with is Doria, and at the moment not sure about any contact with Harrys family.
Old 07-29-2020, 04:33 PM
Majesty

I was forgetting that Eug got married after Meghan, I thought that she might have liked E's tiara and felt that an emerald one would be nice... Not necessarily teh same tiara but another emerald one
Old 07-29-2020, 04:40 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Not sure.. he may think that a bit of dispute with the RF will make them more popular in the US?
Its not clear either how long this books' been in the works. If they only started it in January by then H and Meg were out of the RF.
Americans love the British royal family but I guess conflict sells.
Old 07-29-2020, 04:41 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I was forgetting that Eug got married after Meghan, I thought that she might have liked E's tiara and felt that an emerald one would be nice... Not necessarily teh same tiara but another emerald one
I don't know if there is another which is worn really.

And if Eugenie wanted the emerald. Another one with emeralds would be vetoed.
Old 07-29-2020, 04:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
so it appears they did complain to and talk to Omid...because tehy wanted "their side" to be told....

IMHO we have to look at this in two different parts:

1. The time between marriage and their holiday in Canada.

Harry and Meghan saw themselves as not appreciated. The media was after her (stirring up the pot, racism, xenophobia, personal dislike, whatever), the "firm" blocked their "new" ideas, the family did not support them enough and Meghan did not agree with the nomenclatura of the family.

There was a positively thinking journo who appreciated their workand thought, too, that they should play a more important role. He agreed with them in a lot of things and when he thought a book might help their cause over the negative media, they thought, why not? (IMHO!)
And they had a lot of ideas how to become a more modern Royal couple, help others, present their ideas... well, we all know that! They decided to build their own foundation, to go their own ways within the family, they at least spoke to Scobie.

2. After Canada...
They were blocked by the firm and did not get the help they hoped for by the family members. They had already prepared so much, so they could start off "running". And then everything had to stop and before the media could have a big scoup, they went public and , well we know how that ended.
Scobie stopped the book and stayed on the topic doing research. Now Harry and Meghan surely realised what a bad idea it was to talk to any journo. Too late!

And now we are here and they are in the US, there's this book... Which probably now that it is clear H&M won't be too happy about, has a bit more gossip than originally planned. IMHO again. Like the stuff about the "other" emerald tiara...
Old 07-29-2020, 04:46 PM
Majesty

However, in Robert Jobson's biography of Charles, which is where this tiara row story originated, Meghan was refused an emerald tiara because it had an unknown provenance which the Press might have seized on.

That does not apply to the tiara Eugenie wore, which was originally Russian from the Imperial Family and was part of the Greville bequest to the QM. Whereas, if there was an emerald tiara in the vaults which had a doubtful history, it wouldn't have been regarded as suitable from the beginning and wouldn't have been offered.

However, we don't know how much of Jobson's story is the truth, as it would have been extremely peculiar for Angela Kelly to have offered, on the Queen's behalf, (a) a tiara earmarked for a favourite engaged granddaughter of HM, or (b) something dodgy that hadn't been worn for decades, with a debatable provenance.

Closed Thread