Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2020, 12:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Kate is not Meghan's babysitter. The Court has staff who were assigned (by the Queen herself) to coach H&M and, as the DM said, not all of them were grey suits (some were actually "in skirts" so to speak). H&M chose to ignore their advice and call them "vipers" instead.

Meghan probably would have ignored Kate's advice too. She was not looking for coaching, but rather for someone who would tell her what she wanted to hear. At least that is my impression.
This!! Meghan wants and expects too much from everyone around her, especially Kate.

The idea that William saw Meghan as a “new toy” is ridiculous. As I said in another post, he’d seen two of Harry’s long term relationships end because the women didn’t want a life in the BRF. How a brother expressing concern for his brother is problematic escapes me. What is problematic is that both H and M want “yes men/women” only around them, sycophants. Anyone expressing any concern or doubt? Off with their heads!

Old 07-27-2020, 12:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
And yet the retaliators did not care about harming a 7 year-old, a 5 year-old and a 2 year-old. Or a 99 year-old and 94 year-old. Interesting that your compassion only extends to the 1 year-olds of the world. That is unique tunnel vision.
Or a 72 year old....but hey, HM, the Duke, Prince of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall, Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, their kids, aunties and uncles...they aren’t so much human as Royal. They represent an institution that Harry and Meghan loathe, and therefore are stuck in the past, holding onto ancient traditions that H and M want desperately to break. H’s father, brother, sister-in-law, grandparents, nieces and nephews, etc...are monuments, relics of ages past, who don’t have any feelings to be respected.

Old 07-27-2020, 12:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
The book isn't out yet, not published until August IIth. All we are seeing is excerpts in which the tabloid press has come out and emphasised some bits and ignored others. You can't get the full impression of the content of a book from cherry picking brief parts.
Yep, that is my impression as well, the parts that are picked out now are the juicy parts from the media's point of view.

That said...there are a whole lot of juicy bits coming to light the last few days, it seems the media doesn't even have to dig all that deep and twist all that much (what we accuse them of usually), it seems to all be right there for the taking..the rest of the book will have a big task in rectifying this image of H&M that's emerging..

but who knows..
Old 07-27-2020, 12:45 PM
Majesty

That wasn't a he writing in the Telegraph. That was Angela Levin, who wrote a book about Harry and adored him. Couldnt praise him highly enough during the year she had followed him around. However, she has never said one good word about Meghan since she became engaged to Harry.
Old 07-27-2020, 12:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Kate is not Meghan's babysitter. The Court has staff who were assigned (by the Queen herself) to coach H&M and, as the DM said, not all of them were grey suits (some were actually "in skirts" so to speak). H&M chose to ignore their advice and call them "vipers" instead.

Meghan probably would have ignored Kate's advice too. She was not looking for coaching, but rather for someone who would tell her what she wanted to hear. At least that is my impression.
I think theheart of the problem lay in that Meghan is not a team player, and never has been. Growing up, she probably only had herself to think about. As an aspiring actress and then as an actress on a TV show, again, it was really about her performance and her profile in the media that she had to work on. It was probably with that mindset she approached the most collaborative of organisations.

Add in the fact that Harry probably was resentful of being the younger son, not very bright (both in terms of IQ and EQ), lonely, looking for direction and you have a perfect petri-dish for trouble!
Old 07-27-2020, 12:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Why should Kate babysit Meghan? Did Meghan ask for advice or simply expect to be given it? Given how much offence Harry took to William offering advice and support at the start of the relationship why would Kate now put herself in the same boat?

There is a lot unsaid in this book, a lot of the things that deserve more explanations are simply glossed over as facts or a given and yet they are happy to overanalyse the actions of all the other Royals and staff.

Whilst it will never happen I would love to hear from Samantha Cohen, she has the well experienced - had worked for the Australian government, the Queen's press secretary then her Assistant Private Secretary 2011-2018. She had also moved from Australia to the UK so it use to adapting to a new country and to adapting to the Royal Households way of working. Yet we hear very little about her - she was by the Queen and RF during many ups and down starting royal service in 2001 and so I imagine she had a wealth of experience, I wonder what advice she gave and whether it was listened to?
Old 07-27-2020, 01:01 PM
Majesty

It was the grey suits at BP that Meghan supposedly called 'vipers', not the people who were on her team and advising her and Harry. And incidentally Samantha Cohen got on so badly with the Sussexes that she stayed on with them beyond the time when she was going to retire.

And if the suits (and skirts) at BP and KP were so helpful and generous to Meghan, doing all they could during her time as a Royal worker, what are we to make of the dozens of stories in the Press of the nicknames the staff had for Meghan, the jokes made behind her back, the complaints about her pushy work ethic, emails etc? What happened to the 'Never Explain, Never complain' mantra that is so heartily praised all the time, or doesn't that apply to staff? In fact there were constant leaks.

Very professional behaviour I don't think, leaking to the tabloids in that way, for people so devoted to Royal unity and working to make sure everything went smoothly! Or maybe it was dislike of Meghan from the beginning without giving her a chance, just as Harry has supposedly said.
Old 07-27-2020, 01:06 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
Yep, that is my impression as well, the parts that are picked out now are the juicy parts from the media's point of view.

That said...there are a whole lot of juicy bits coming to light the last few days, it seems the media doesn't even have to dig all that deep and twist all that much (what we accuse them of usually), it seems to all be right there for the taking..the rest of the book will have a big task in rectifying this image of H&M that's emerging..

but who knows..
well all this stuff about what the queen said to Harry as they tucked into roast beef, or how Meghan felt about Harry when they went on a date. How on earth can the authors know about those details and feelings, unless they are told by H and Meg or by their friends? Just as everyone knew that Di's friends would not have talked to Morton about her private life without her OK...
Old 07-27-2020, 01:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
well all this stuff about what the queen said to Harry as they tucked into roast beef, or how Meghan felt about Harry when they went on a date. How on earth can the authors know about those details and feelings, unless they are told by H and Meg or by their friends? Just as everyone knew that Di's friends would not have talked to Morton about her private life without her OK...
Oh, i'm not saying the quotes are not in the book ... but maybe the book contains other tidbits the media chooses not publish at the moment and that could balance out the image of H&M that is now emerging from what we get fed...

but like i said, with what surfaces now, the rest of the book will have a lot of recovery to do if any balance is to be found

personally i'm still on the fence because i don't understand if the authors actually wanted to write a positive book and failed miserably, if they have seen this coming or are now flabbergasted at the respons it gets, if H&M will sue them too etc etc...
Old 07-27-2020, 01:19 PM
Majesty

I've read Camilla's biography and several of Charles's and their friends weren't backwards in coming forward for Penny Junor in those books, including talking about Camilla's feelings about the Charles/Dimbleby interview.

Scobie and Carolyn have never denied that they have spoken to people close to the Sussexes for this book.
Old 07-27-2020, 01:19 PM
Gentry

Quote:

And if the suits (and skirts) at BP and KP were so helpful and generous to Meghan, doing all they could during her time as a Royal worker, what are we to make of the dozens of stories in the Press of the nicknames the staff had for Meghan, the jokes made behind her back, the complaints about her pushy work ethic, emails etc? What happened to the 'Never Explain, Never complain' mantra that is so heartily praised all the time, or doesn't that apply to staff? In fact there were constant leaks.

Very professional behaviour I don't think, leaking to the tabloids in that way, for people so devoted to Royal unity and working to make sure everything went smoothly! Or maybe it was dislike of Meghan from the beginning without giving her a chance, just as Harry has supposedly said.
We don’t know what Meghan was like to deal with. If she was jealous of other households, who knows what went on. Courtiers giving stories to newspapers have been going on for yours. Nothing new.

Quote:

personally i'm still on the fence because i don't understand if the authors actually wanted to write a positive book and failed miserably, if they have seen this coming or are now flabbergasted at the respons it gets, if H&M will sue them too etc etc...
This is what baffles me. How does anyone think this book makes The Sussex’s look good is beyond me! Omid must be such a fan boy, that his view has been distorted.
Old 07-27-2020, 01:20 PM
Nobility

Quote:
It was the grey suits at BP that Meghan supposedly called 'vipers', not the people who were on her team and advising her and Harry. And incidentally Samantha Cohen got on so badly with the Sussexes that she stayed on with them beyond the time when she was going to retire.

I completely agree, Curryong. This is not a good look for those in the royals’ employ. It makes the principles sound weak and easily led by a group of snobby employees. And I still can’t get over the fact that KP still employs the guy whose boyfriend sold information to Dan Wooten. Boggles the mind.
Old 07-27-2020, 01:28 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
The book isn't out yet, not published until August IIth. All we are seeing is excerpts in which the tabloid press has come out and emphasised some bits and ignored others. You can't get the full impression of the content of a book from cherry picking brief parts.
I mean I know its owned by Murdoch but calling the Times a tabloid is a bit much. The other papers are writing articles based on those parts.

They basically gave them permission to publish extracts and they have to have juicy bits to sell them. There will be a few more but honestly these extracts dealt with the biggest thing: wedding, megxit, Dad and the media.

Quote:
I've read Camilla's biography and several of Charles's and their friends weren't backwards in coming forward for Penny Junor in those books, including talking about Camilla's feelings about the Charles/Dimbleby interview.

Scobie and Carolyn have never denied that they have spoken to people close to the Sussexes for this book.
Penny Juror was a sanctioned book to give Charles's side post the Diana book.

Quote:
Oh, i'm not saying the quotes are not in the book ... but maybe the book contains other tidbits the media chooses not publish at the moment and that could balance out the image of H&M that is now emerging from what we get fed...

but like i said, with what surfaces now, the rest of the book will have a lot of recovery to do if any balance is to be found

They wont sue. It's their book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuchessMia View Post
I completely agree, Curryong. This is not a good look for those in the royals’ employ. It makes the principles sound weak and easily led by a group of snobby employees. And I still can’t get over the fact that KP still employs the guy whose boyfriend sold information to Dan Wooten. Boggles the mind.
Well there is no deniel in the book that the Sussexes themselves leaked stories. In fact they make the point that they were paranoid about leaked stories but also that the other teams believed that they were the leak wheel.

No Omid, who is just making a buck doing this will know very well, personally, where leaks came from and the fact he gives both points of view makes mr think it isn't straight forward. That the royals give stories about others to kill stories about them is well known. That they out right leak about eachother was never know before the H and M debacle.

I mean Charles has given stories about his sons in the past to make himself look good.
Old 07-27-2020, 01:28 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightsky View Post
This is what baffles me. How does anyone think this book makes The Sussex’s look good is beyond me! Omid must be such a fan boy, that his view has been distorted.
he is probably putting the bes spin on their actions that he can?
Old 07-27-2020, 01:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
They wont sue. It's their book.
Of course it is.........

And to the question asked above about why anyone (ie: the authors) would think this makes Harry and Meghan look good.............it's because the authors are as deluded as the Sussexes are. No one looking at this situation from outside H and M's ivory tower (or maybe it's their glass house.....oops, rather Tyler Perry's glass house) could possibly think that this setting the record straight is anything other than a vendetta for perceived slights by the BRF.
Old 07-27-2020, 01:42 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Penny Juror was a sanctioned book to give Charles's side post the Diana book.
Camilla's bio by Junor, which I have, came out in 2017, long after the Morton book. And it had several direct quotes from named friends like Jilly Cooper, talking about Camilla's feelings during the adultery years.

Quote:
I mean I know its owned by Murdoch but calling the Times a tabloid is a bit much. The other papers are writing articles based on those parts.

They basically gave them permission to publish extracts and they have to have juicy bits to sell them. There will be a few more but honestly these extracts dealt with the biggest thing: wedding, megxit, Dad and the media.
I know the Times is not a tabloid. However, its stories are hidden behind a paywall. Most people don't subscribe to The Times, and in fact most of the extracts discussed on these threads have been from the DM, which, along with its fellow tabloids, have been mincing this all up nicely for the public, putting their own spin on it, keeping their columnists on the attack afterwards in their unbiased opinion pieces, etc etc.
Old 07-27-2020, 01:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
Harry knows well what his position is, he is 6th, even I could work out that the photographs on the queens desk were signifying the continuity of the monarchy.
Regular royal watchers will have noticed the subtle or not so subtle changes preparing for that terrible moment when there is a change of monarch. Charles and William are stepping up ready for change.
I find it hard to believe that Harry doesn't understand this. Anne ,Andrew and Edward all had to step back once Charles had children. Harry is in the same position as them now that William has children. There was still a role for him just as the others still have a role to play.
If that story is really true it would be highly hypocritical of him. Before he got married he left no chances pass when being interviewed how much relieved he was about his growing distance to the throne with every child his elder brother and Catherine had! Was he lying about this?!
Old 07-27-2020, 01:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I know the Times is not a tabloid. However, its stories are hidden behind a paywall. Most people don't subscribe to The Times, and in fact most of the extracts discussed on these threads have been from the DM, which, along with its fellow tabloids, have been mincing this all up nicely for the public, putting their own spin on it, keeping their columnists on the attack afterwards in their unbiased opinion pieces, etc etc.
Well I have read them and the facts people are talking about, are in the book. Their opinions on it are their own.

Quote:
Camilla's bio by Junor, which I have, came out in 2017, long after the Morton book. And it had several direct quotes from named friends like Jilly Cooper, talking about Camilla's feelings during the adultery years.
Yeah...mouthpiece. it is well known.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
Of course it is.........

And to the question asked above about why anyone (ie: the authors) would think this makes Harry and Meghan look good.............it's because the authors are as deluded as the Sussexes are. No one looking at this situation from outside H and M's ivory tower (or maybe it's their glass house.....oops, rather Tyler Perry's glass house) could possibly think that this setting the record straight is anything other than a vendetta for perceived slights by the BRF.

Omid, and whatever her name is, are just making money. I can't blame them.

It isn't that well written however. Very soapy.
Old 07-27-2020, 02:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Or a 72 year old....but hey, HM, the Duke, Prince of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall, Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, their kids, aunties and uncles...they aren’t so much human as Royal. They represent an institution that Harry and Meghan loathe, and therefore are stuck in the past, holding onto ancient traditions that H and M want desperately to break. H’s father, brother, sister-in-law, grandparents, nieces and nephews, etc...are monuments, relics of ages past, who don’t have any feelings to be respected.
They keep and save old traditions FOR the british people, it´s not a compulsion of them. These traditions, the US and many other nations do not have, are to be saved like old masterpieces, historic buildings or works of art because they reflect the identity of most british! Harry and his american wife or people who have not been born and raised in this "energy", might not understand or even "loathe" it, but they must learn they are not the "belly button of this world" and that millions of people do care! So, in that regard, they did the right thing to put themselves out of this environment they simply cannot appreciate nor value! I just wished they would stop this annoying moaning and selfpityness...
Harry, I´m pretty sure about, at some point has taken up a fight (against what he considers as the "establishment") his mother is not able to keep on fighting. It´s just a shame he doesn´t seem to care about many people´s feelings still very much alive, including those of the family he was born in. I feel very sorry for the Queen she has to endure all this, besides her concerns about her own son, in this last leg of her life after her most brilliant reign!
Old 07-27-2020, 02:18 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Of course it is.........

While the other books, by Lady Colin Campbell, Royals at War etc came out in attack mode and in some portions demeaned, made fun of and insulted Harry and Meghan. Is that better? This is one book, one, among the three others who came out in the last month that has something good and kind to say about the Sussexes, and tries to show things that went on from their perspective. Does every publication/book have to be anti Harry and Meghan to be regarded as truthful and honest and to gain approval?

Closed Thread