The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2020, 02:44 AM
Serene Highness

I've had it up to here with all this. We are in the middle of the biggest international crisis for 75 years. I do not need to hear Harry and Meghan's whingeing all over the news. I'm so sorry for the Queen and Prince Philip, who really don't need this, and for Archie, who's probably going to grow up not knowing any of his relatives apart from Doria. I'm quite sorry for Doria too: she's behaved with complete dignity throughout all this.

Old 07-26-2020, 02:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

The one I feel sorry for in all this is Archie. He will never know his British family and Meghan has no family anyway.

Archie will grow up a very lonely child. Remember Meghan feels she is 'too famous' to take him to a 'mother-baby' group so she is worried he won't get to grow up with anyone other than adults.

It is already 8 months since any member of the BRF has seen Archie in person and they will probably never do so again.

After this book it is clear that there is no way back ... just as the Morton book meant no way back for Diana. This will see the Sussex's out permanently.

The monarchy as an institution will survive. The individuals are expendable - as Edward VIII learnt and Harry will now learn.

Old 07-26-2020, 03:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I don't believe its written in stone that Archie will never, ever see his dad's side of the family at all. There is no indication either that they'll *never* return to the UK at all. In fact, from what I've been reading, if it wasn't for Covid-19, they most likely would have been heading to the UK sometime this summer. There's no indication that US residency is anything but part time as originally stated.

They may be ousted permanently from the "Firm" but they're not permanently ousted from the family. They're still retaining Frogmore Cottage as a home base in the UK. If they were never, ever coming back to the UK ever again in this lifetime, they'd have given up that residence.

So saying Archie is never going to ever see his dad's side is kind of jumping the gun stemming from a whole lot of suppositions that are going around right now.
Old 07-26-2020, 03:37 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
We know this? How? Its been surmised that Charles is helping out financially but there's been no credible statement that says this is so.

One reason that comes to my mind. They're family. People in families make mistakes and sometimes something that looks like a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow ends up being a pot of fool's gold. Should it happen that because of the pandemic, the Sussexes come to believe that they've really bitten off way more than they can chew, I'm sure the family would welcome them back home and to the "Firm" without second thoughts.

The Duke of Windsor left the RF and the RF didn't welcome him back, so why should they welcome Harry back, especially after all the things that he had said?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
The press can trash the Sussexes all they want; it still doesn't wash away the stench on the courtiers and the Cambridges. The usual suspects of royal reporters have been deployed to put in their two cents, showing the BRF has taken a hit with this book.

I think it's funny how some people think that anything negative about the Sussex is just gossip and hearsay, but anything negative about other members of the RF MUST be true.
Old 07-26-2020, 03:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Somehow I don't see H&M take up a residence in the UK for more than a few days at a time in any foreseeable future.

I don't think they will feel particularly welcome by the public.
As we saw with Canada, they were not even particularly welcome there and that was before this book!
So major Commonwealth countries may also be a no-option.

I believe they will take up permanent residence in USA, where they will be celebs with a touch of royalty, rather than national representatives and symbols. There is a huge difference between that!
Where else can they go? Dubai?

- It is sad really, because by remaining in the BRF and following the rules they could over time have had the global platform they desired in order to promote the issues they wished to champion.
Now they are destined to fade away into ragged obscurity.

Just like king Edward, who was the most well-covered man back in the 30's. Now I can't even remember his number off hand.

ADDED:
Congratulations on your first post, RandyDrx.
Old 07-26-2020, 04:05 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I don't believe its written in stone that Archie will never, ever see his dad's side of the family at all. There is no indication either that they'll *never* return to the UK at all. In fact, from what I've been reading, if it wasn't for Covid-19, they most likely would have been heading to the UK sometime this summer. There's no indication that US residency is anything but part time as originally stated.

They may be ousted permanently from the "Firm" but they're not permanently ousted from the family. They're still retaining Frogmore Cottage as a home base in the UK. If they were never, ever coming back to the UK ever again in this lifetime, they'd have given up that residence.

So saying Archie is never going to ever see his dad's side is kind of jumping the gun stemming from a whole lot of suppositions that are going around right now.
You are right, forever is a long time, but after this book which in my opinion has their finger prints all over it, I am not sure how they could walk into a room full of the royal family and feel welcome.

The Queen and Charles must be so hurt by this.

It is War of the Wales part 2.

This is all so sad, just as the Morton book locked out Diana, IMO this one will close the door on Harry and Meghan.
Old 07-26-2020, 04:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyDrx View Post
I think it's funny how some people think that anything negative about the Sussex is just gossip and hearsay, but anything negative about other members of the RF MUST be true.
Its not only with things negative about the Sussexes but also things that are positive whichever way a person wants to perceive what is out there. Its too extreme. Either you're in the Sussex camp or outside the Sussex camp and that leaves no room for basic compassion, understanding how families work (regardless of a family business. Business is business).

I like to think I'm in the middle of the road. I see plenty of negatives along with seeing that the negatives are being blown up, exaggerated and by the court of popular opinion, Harry and Meghan rank right up there with Bonnie and Clyde. No middle road at all. I get the feeling a lot that people seem to think the UK borders should be guarded by stormtroopers and should Harry and Meghan deem to grace the UK with their presence, they should be shot on sight.

Personally I think the public is far more concerned with all of this because the go to thing right now is to make sure the public goes to it (look at the amount of books being released. Its not being done for public interest but rather to rake in the green dollars and put prime rib on the table) and the public is eating it all up as if the plague is going to strike tomorrow. Oh! Wait.. there already *is* a pandemic and people are staying home reading stuffs.

I can picture it in my head. Harry and Charles talking over the phone and swapping "I can beat that story" tales and saying "next they'll dredge up you sticking your tongue out at the press at an early age and say you've been raised that way".
Old 07-26-2020, 04:14 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi
We know this? How? Its been surmised that Charles is helping out financially but there's been no credible statement that says this is so.

Like you I do not know whether or not Charles is financially supporting the couple but IMO he will be aware of the pitfalls of them financing themselves through ' business ' or contacts. He will try to protect and support them as best he can, in whatever way he can.
Old 07-26-2020, 04:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
Like you I do not know whether or not Charles is financially supporting the couple but IMO he will be aware of the pitfalls of them financing themselves through ' business ' or contacts. He will try to protect and support them as best he can, in whatever way he can.
That's what daddies do. Harry knows he can go to Charles for advice about anything and Charles knows his dad is there for him when he needs him. Perfect example was at the wedding and Charles standing in for Mr. Markle. That wasn't done with public optics in mind.
Old 07-26-2020, 04:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
Harry is so ridiculously thin-skinned. I’m sure William didn’t mean anything by “this girl”..He hadn’t met Meghan and Harry hadn’t been dating her long. If H had an issue with his brother not supporting him (from his POV), then instead of getting in a huff, he should have told William how he felt. They could have had a conversation. Instead, Harry blew him off ...and didn’t even keep up his relationship with poor little George and Charlotte, who probably wondered where their uncle went. Louis is like, “Uncle Harry, who?”
I agree. What, please, is nasty about "this girl"?! William obviously didn´t say something like "are you serious..?!" or "are you mad? She will ruin you!" etc.
He just gave a brotherly and very proper (!) advice not to be rushed into things.
Harry expected William the same support he has given him when it was about Catherine? Well, you cannot possibly compare the 2 women... The Dss o Cambridge is a hands-on, down-to-earth person, despite her wealthy background who knows and understands what he job is. She comes out of a stable family. Markle is, like that notorious courtier (if that is true at all) correctly said, a "showgirl".
I was very sceptic when the couple got engaged and talked with my sister about it who was equally sceptic. I had the impression of a starlet with her lover or a fellow actor appearing on the red carpet for a premier or an award show rather than a soon royal-bride-to-be posing for a royal engagement photoshoot.

Although my first impression about a person never fails me, I soon got lulled in I must admit and thought, well, she could be a great breath of fresh air for the RF.
Nowadays I see I was right at the beginning. I don´t claim she is a bad person, but she is not made for Royalty; she has neither the motivation to achieve things for Britain or the Commonwealth nor the endurance to try hard enough. Perhaps if she had married in a deposed royal family, where she could do her own agenda, doing her pet charity, but without real responsibilities, things might have worked out better.
Some here suggest they might return at some point. I can only say, beware! Both Harry and Meghan are a bit like loose canons - but H is especially frail. The next strong wind or any critical remarks would put them off once more and they have not the strength nor the endurance needed to do the job. Unstable people cannot give the monarchy what it needs most: stabiity!
Old 07-26-2020, 04:33 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I am not sure if she had time to receive the same preparation as the other wives. Their courtship was conducted flying back and forth across the Atlantic.
They were engaged in the November and married in May. I would agree she wanted to make a difference etc etc, and indeed was very confident but just how prepared was she for the life within the palace.
This could be why William had asked whatever the question was he allegedly asked. Possibly simply based on the timescale not the person.

This! Exactly this. I think William was well within his rights to ask whatever he did as he of all people knew exactly the situation Henry and Meghan were in. If anything Henry and Meghan exit from the RF shows that William was right, she wasn’t prepared and IMO didn’t want to ever be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
1) I assume we can all now agree that Omid is not a mouthpiece for the Sussexes? That the book is not going to be a cheering squad for them?

4) Harry is not his mother. Because his mother talked to Morton doesn't mean Harry talked to Omid/Carolyn. Everyone has said 16 ways to Sunday they were not involved.

1) I don’t agree. IMO Omid is telling the Sussexes story as they wish it to be, unfortunately their version of events is very negative and can easily be disputed.

4) Henry isn’t his mother. But as has been said before Diana lied, her friends lied and Morton lied for years before it came to light that actually the book was essentially authorised by Diana. It can happen once, it can happen again.

Quote:
Other than what has been printed, rumored, speculated and insinuated and what came out of the mouths of not so reliable "sources", what has been stated as *fact* that the courtiers and the Cambridges have done that makes them them stinky. I'd really like to know. Seriously.

You won’t get an answer, I asked the same question a couple of pages back and it was ignored.
Old 07-26-2020, 04:33 AM
Serene Highness

I don't think the two relationships can be compared at all. William and Kate were together for years before there was any suggestion of marriage. Obviously there's a big difference between getting together at 19 or 20 and getting together when you're in your mid-30s, and there's also a big difference between dating someone when you're at the same university and dating someone who lives on the other side of the Atlantic, but William wasn't rushing.
Old 07-26-2020, 04:43 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by akina21 View Post
That's one of their biggest problems , not just with this particular situation but in general . Meghan sued a bunch of tabloids for publishing her dad's letter and publishing (fake) stories from anonymous sources . She didn't sue People magazine and those anonymous 5 friends even after they allegedly talked behind her back to a tabloid about a private letter. And so far Harry and Meghan have claimed to have nothing to do with this book and given their track record one should expect them to sue Scobie and his co author because he's publishing private information from anonymous sources .

Fully agree.

Me too. It will be interesting to see how they play this. I really think that H and M are making some rather poor decisions about their relationships with the press. The drone/ privacy issue is one thing—who wouldn’t want to protect their child— but (at the very least) tacit cooperation with Scobie puts them in a very awkward position.
Old 07-26-2020, 04:47 AM
Serene Highness

IMO From what I have read H & M 's fingerprints are all over this in the same way as the Morton book about Diana.
I do not know if the stories are truth or fabrications , but there are details there that, if true, came from sources close to the couple. If they are that close they will have their agreement to speak. If they are all lies then they can sue the authors.

Another thing I didn't quite understand over the past 2 or 3 years, H & M have complained that the palace never backed them up by denying stories etc, I believe you need to be careful about that route as the minute you do not deny something you are giving it oxygen as the truth. Why didn't H & M not just issue their own statements at the time, make it clear they would not accept untruths printed about them.
Old 07-26-2020, 04:57 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:

Yes, we don't know if Charles is financially supporting them, but if it's revealed that he actually does, Harry and Meghan would lose even more credibility, especially after their declaration of financial independence earlier this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
I don't think the two relationships can be compared at all. William and Kate were together for years before there was any suggestion of marriage. Obviously there's a big difference between getting together at 19 or 20 and getting together when you're in your mid-30s, and there's also a big difference between dating someone when you're at the same university and dating someone who lives on the other side of the Atlantic, but William wasn't rushing.

The problem with the Sussex's relationship was that they moved way too fast. Harry supposedly met Meghan in mid-2016 and by late 2017, they are already engaged. That is way too fast for an average person let alone a royal. The fact that it was also mostly LDR certainly didn't help IMO.
Old 07-26-2020, 05:02 AM
Serene Highness

[QUOTE=Pranter;2329601]1)

4) Harry is not his mother. Because his mother talked to Morton doesn't mean Harry talked to Omid/Carolyn. Everyone has said 16 ways to Sunday they were not involved.

The point about Diana and Morton was they denied it for years, although it was obvious that detail had been provided that could only have came directly or indirectly from Diana herself. .

Diana denied having any involvement with the book, but Morton had provided the questions, her friend delivered them, and recorded the responses.

So yes the authors can say they did not interview H & M, and it is more than likely true but some of the detail has came from them either directly or indirectly, or they cannot trust their closest friends. She will know who she face timed from the bath discussing texts sent to her father, or who she later discussed that with.
Just because the authors say they did not sit down and discuss the book with the couple doesn't fly with me I am afraid.
Old 07-26-2020, 05:04 AM
Majesty

[QUOTE=Hallo girl;2329680]
Quote:

Of course he is supporting them... How can they live in LA paying for security and things they never paid for before, without help? And I agree that Charles my feel he does not want to have to pay £2M a year when they are gone but if he does not help them they may end up in debt or in dubious deals.
Old 07-26-2020, 05:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

[QUOTE=Denville;2329689]
Quote:

Of course he is supporting them... How can they live in LA paying for security and things they never paid for before, without help? And I agree that Charles my feel he does not want to have to pay £2M a year when they are gone but if he does not help them they may end up in debt or in dubious deals.
You're stating this as if it is concrete, undisputed fact. Can you back your fact up with a credible source please?
Old 07-26-2020, 05:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
The one I feel sorry for in all this is Archie. He will never know his British family and Meghan has no family anyway.

Archie will grow up a very lonely child. Remember Meghan feels she is 'too famous' to take him to a 'mother-baby' group so she is worried he won't get to grow up with anyone other than adults.

It is already 8 months since any member of the BRF has seen Archie in person and they will probably never do so again.

After this book it is clear that there is no way back ... just as the Morton book meant no way back for Diana. This will see the Sussex's out permanently.

The monarchy as an institution will survive. The individuals are expendable Edward VIII learnt and Harry will now learn.
Meghan at the Well Child awards spoke of Archie’s at his play dates with a mother. It was pretty well documented. I know people like to believe everything the press writes about Meghan but come on now...

As for Archie seeing his family? They allege Will and Kate declined invitations to come over to see their nephew. And didn’t invite the Sussexes over either. Is that true? Who knows. But can’t build bonds with kids no one trying to spend time with. It works both ways.

Archie might not be the closest to his cousins now but he has plenty of peers via his mothers close friends. Her best friends all have children around his age. He too young to notice now anyways. Time will tell though.
Old 07-26-2020, 05:17 AM
Serene Highness

[QUOTE=Osipi;2329690]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post

You're stating this as if it is concrete, undisputed fact. Can you back your fact up with a credible source please?
Osipi that is not my quote.

Closed Thread