The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #2121  
Old 08-19-2020, 06:31 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Witter Springs, United States
Posts: 417
I concur Osipi, I hope the best for them and Archie.
__________________

  #2122  
Old 08-19-2020, 07:08 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 10,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
I think William understands very well. And I think, had she lived, his relationship with Diana may have been fractured.
William's relationship with his mother was indeed showing signs of strain as William entered adolescence. Even so, I have always believed that Charles and especially William would have taken on the roles of Diana's caregivers had she survived Paris.

Harry has never moved past the idealized version of his mother. Maybe he sees Meghan and Archie as his chance to fight ferociously for a loved one...in a way that he wasn't able to do with Diana.
__________________

__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
  #2123  
Old 08-19-2020, 07:36 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
William's relationship with his mother was indeed showing signs of strain as William entered adolescence. Even so, I have always believed that Charles and especially William would have taken on the roles of Diana's caregivers had she survived Paris.

Harry has never moved past the idealized version of his mother. Maybe he sees Meghan and Archie as his chance to fight ferociously for a loved one...in a way that he wasn't able to do with Diana.
Sad thing is his mother's actions, decisions and fate had nothing to do with him. He has nothing to regret. At all. And you don't really fight ferociously for a loved one, unless you are trying to get help for them, it makes you codependent. The media were dealt with badly. He is damaged and I hope he finds some inner piece. The book certainly gives no insight into what he is like.
  #2124  
Old 08-19-2020, 08:34 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: jersey shore, United States
Posts: 1,124
You all know I’m not such a big Harry fan, (although at one time I was) but think less of him since Meghan...

The husband shirt bothered me for some reason..was she trying to hard...then I thought of the Inskip wedding where I came to think she was setting her course back then. All the lovie touchy feely to me was/is an act. The clincher that really made me question her motives was The Lion King Premier. Harry passed up a Royal Marine Memorial (if I remember right) to go and pitch a job for the Mrs., I believe this was a big loyalty test.

Sitting in the second row with her Prince would never be good enough for Madam. Yes, I think he’s immature and emotionally fragile.. it’s like watching a train wreck and she’s the conductor. I truly never thought he’d leave the RF in the way he did. I think she’s chipped away at him little by little. For me, he’s living out her life now as she wants it. Fame and attention seems the only goal.

Nope, I do not believe she loves him.
  #2125  
Old 08-19-2020, 08:34 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
Sad thing is his mother's actions, decisions and fate had nothing to do with him. He has nothing to regret. At all. And you don't really fight ferociously for a loved one, unless you are trying to get help for them, it makes you codependent. The media were dealt with badly. He is damaged and I hope he finds some inner piece. The book certainly gives no insight into what he is like.



My understanding is the book is mainly about her.
  #2126  
Old 08-19-2020, 08:35 PM
Eskimo's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
I think William understands very well. And I think, had she lived, his relationship with Diana may have been fractured.
I think this is a big reason why William and Harry remember Diana differently. As much as he loved her, I think part of William will always resent her for using him as her “emotional crutch” in his adolescence. That was too much to put on a preteen/teen.

I think part of Harry’s massive sense of entitlement (as evidenced by how he talked to the Queen about Angela Kelley) comes from William having protected Harry from their mother’s worst impulses/emotions. I think Harry was coddled by all involved even before Diana’s death. Thus, he views her as this perfect person who was wronged by a lot of people and is trying to “settle the score” on her behalf.
  #2127  
Old 08-19-2020, 08:44 PM
duchessrachel's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Birmingham, United States
Posts: 1,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
I think this is a big reason why William and Harry remember Diana differently. As much as he loved her, I think part of William will always resent her for using him as her “emotional crutch” in his adolescence. That was too much to put on a preteen/teen.

I think part of Harry’s massive sense of entitlement (as evidenced by how he talked to the Queen about Angela Kelley) comes from William having protected Harry from their mother’s worst impulses/emotions. I think Harry was coddled by all involved even before Diana’s death. Thus, he views her as this perfect person who was wronged by a lot of people and is trying to “settle the score” on her behalf.
I have often wondered if William's interest and work in the area of mental health is due to a knowledge that his mother had mental health issues.
  #2128  
Old 08-19-2020, 08:46 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: jersey shore, United States
Posts: 1,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
I have often wondered if his interest and work in the area of mental health is due to his mother.
I have always thought that.
  #2129  
Old 08-19-2020, 09:50 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,427
Well, Harry has had an interest in mental health since the Heads Together days, which he was very much a part of. In fact took part in a very influential podcast about his own mental health issues which was widely praised and caused a spike in phone calls to clinics dealing with mental health. He has advocated for several years for mental health facilities for vets. That seems to be forgotten.
  #2130  
Old 08-19-2020, 09:59 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: jersey shore, United States
Posts: 1,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Well, Harry has had an interest in mental health since the Heads Together days, which he was very much a part of. In fact took part in a very influential podcast about his own mental health issues which was widely praised and caused a spike in phone calls to clinics dealing with mental health. He has advocated for several years for mental health facilities for vets. That seems to be forgotten.
I haven’t forgotten Curryong, not at all.
  #2131  
Old 08-19-2020, 10:05 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Washington, United States
Posts: 1,736
Although I think that Meghan and Harry cooperated - or signaled their friends that it was okay to cooperate - with this book, their real mistake is that they choose Omid as their messenger. He is not self-aware and has no sense of proportion. It's insane for him to think that attacking Kate as a "housewife" would win sympathy for Meghan - especially after the early reviews and reactions to the book. It's selling but there is no evidence that it is helping Meghan's image. Harry and Meghan can't distance themselves from Omid now because he may expose their cooperation.
  #2132  
Old 08-20-2020, 12:35 AM
Helen.CH's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Chambery, France
Posts: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missjersey View Post
You all know I’m not such a big Harry fan, (although at one time I was) but think less of him since Meghan...

The husband shirt bothered me for some reason..was she trying to hard...then I thought of the Inskip wedding where I came to think she was setting her course back then. All the lovie touchy feely to me was/is an act. The clincher that really made me question her motives was The Lion King Premier. Harry passed up a Royal Marine Memorial (if I remember right) to go and pitch a job for the Mrs., I believe this was a big loyalty test.

Sitting in the second row with her Prince would never be good enough for Madam. Yes, I think he’s immature and emotionally fragile.. it’s like watching a train wreck and she’s the conductor. I truly never thought he’d leave the RF in the way he did. I think she’s chipped away at him little by little. For me, he’s living out her life now as she wants it. Fame and attention seems the only goal.

Nope, I do not believe she loves him.

Agreed,
there were/are moments I thought everybody must see how fake she is,
if only one looks at her videos. the only question is, how long will she use Harry for her purposes? The time"in" the RF was definitely too short IMO, to make a lifelong living, even if she went to "tell all" there's not enough , unless Harry opened up to her about some real secrets of the Windsors.
I think it's up to how their business develops.
sometimes I doubt she'd have a second child because to her its a burden after divorce, but I guess as soon as they are out of the headlines another pregnancy might be convenient.
  #2133  
Old 08-20-2020, 01:05 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,427
Nobody can tell whether one person truly loves another unless they know the couple personally. You can't tell anything from photos, videos etc. It hasn't been that many years since some Royal followers were predicting a divorce between Kate and William based on glances between them on engagements etc.

The Sussexes have been married for over two years, together for four, have a child together, and, much as I'm sure some journalist/Royal 'experts' would have loved to report it, no mainstream media has reported any signs of a marital discord or a separation or divorce. Quite the contrary in fact. They have already said they would like two children.

It's the same with terms like narcissism. Only a qualified psychiatrist would be able to diagnose such a condition, and only then after months of consultations.
  #2134  
Old 08-20-2020, 01:15 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Nobody can tell whether one person truly loves another unless they know the couple personally. You can't tell anything from photos, videos etc. It hasn't been that many years since some Royal followers were predicting a divorce between Kate and William based on glances between them on engagements etc.

The Sussexes have been married for over two years, together for four, have a child together, and, much as I'm sure some journalist/Royal 'experts' would have loved to report it, no mainstream media has reported any signs of a marital discord or a separation or divorce. Quite the contrary in fact. They have already said they would like two children.

It's the same with terms like narcissism. Only a qualified psychiatrist would be able to diagnose such a condition, and only then after months of consultations.
If there is one thing that I can say positively about Harry and Meghan it is that from where I'm sitting and all the things I've observed about them as a couple, I've never once doubted that there is genuine love between the two of them. I've seen nothing to the contrary. That's my perspective. I can't state as fact that they're madly in love with each other so much that they never have "I love you but I really, really don't like you too much right now" days or that they never have an argument or even if they've gone to bed angry with each other from time to time (they have plenty of room that Harry doesn't need to crash on a couch). I don't know them personally. I just have an opinion that what I've seen points to two people truly in love with each other. I don't believe its an act on either of their parts.

I could be wrong. Totally wrong and need my eyes examined yet again. We only base our opinions on what we see and what registers with us. I'm a hopeless romantic and believe in true love forever and happily ever after but a realist enough to know that a couple that "seem" to be over the moon with each other and seeing rainbows and unicorns and never, ever have discouraging words also end up divorcing. The Sussexes have their own private relationship and *no* one besides the two of them really can assess the state of their marriage.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #2135  
Old 08-20-2020, 02:44 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Nobody can tell whether one person truly loves another unless they know the couple personally. You can't tell anything from photos, videos etc. It hasn't been that many years since some Royal followers were predicting a divorce between Kate and William based on glances between them on engagements etc.

The Sussexes have been married for over two years, together for four, have a child together, and, much as I'm sure some journalist/Royal 'experts' would have loved to report it, no mainstream media has reported any signs of a marital discord or a separation or divorce. Quite the contrary in fact. They have already said they would like two children.

It's the same with terms like narcissism. Only a qualified psychiatrist would be able to diagnose such a condition, and only then after months of consultations.
That isn't true. Narcissistic personality disorder yes but someone who is just narcissistic, no. Or else everyone who is a narcissist is suffering from a disorder. Which they are not. We all recognise narcissist traits.
  #2136  
Old 08-20-2020, 03:17 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,427
I'd be hesitant to ascribe narcissistic tendencies to anyone I didn't know personally, to a person who is mostly known through media reports. It's too easy IMO to jump quickly to the wrong conclusions about their personality. IMO those sort of labels are thrown around too often onto people in the public eye.
  #2137  
Old 08-20-2020, 03:24 AM
Jacknch's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suffolk, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,228
Let's move on please - we can discuss Harry & Meghan on a general level in their General News thread and perhaps avoid the psychoanalysis too.

Discussion about Diana and her relationship with her sons and vice-versa may take place in the Relationships between Members of the British Royal Family thread. Many thanks.
__________________
JACK
  #2138  
Old 08-20-2020, 05:51 AM
Helen.CH's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Chambery, France
Posts: 302
Omid seems to be unable or better willingly does only say something positive about Meghan comes along with criticising Catherine. Royal Central interview he has done it again.
Quite a hypocrisy for someone blaming the press for being unfair to the Sussex couple.
Let's hope the hype stops as soon as the majority if people who are buying such gossip books have bought it which is not that far away I think if the numbers if books being sold are true and not only made up by the author himself.
The tragic is that so many buying though not liking them, but support them and Omid through this.
But as we can see here(including myself) COVID gives us less royal events (or other) to focus on and some more time to post and comment if its here or elsewhere.
Did I miss the second author or does she not give interviews aso like Omid?
  #2139  
Old 08-20-2020, 06:03 AM
Fem's Avatar
Fem Fem is offline
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: UK, Poland
Posts: 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Based on how people on TRF seem to have shifted, I'd say there are three catalysts so far:
1. Their interview/documentary in Southern Africa that concentrated on how hard their lives were instead of their causes - whose people's lives were far more difficult.
2. Their exit - especially the way they handled it.
3. This book that is supposed to portray them positively - but the most positive spin makes things worse instead of better...
I'd add to it the Lion King premiere, I think. This was the first time when I actually thought that something wrong is going on. Harry, of all people, missining a memorial service for killed Royal Marines to attend a movie premiere and mingle with celebrities.

It's quite interesting that while the book "explains" Harry pitching his wife to Bob Iger - apparently, it was a joke - they don't even mention the memorial service and how the decision happened there. I don't mind them going to the premiere at all, we all know royals do that, but maybe they could've found a way to make it work and go separately to both.

But hey, at least we got to read how sad Harry is about losing his military titles. The (former) Captain General of the Royal Marines, who chose to go to a movie premiere instead of a memorial service. Yeah. So sad.
  #2140  
Old 08-20-2020, 07:27 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post
I'd add to it the Lion King premiere, I think. This was the first time when I actually thought that something wrong is going on. Harry, of all people, missining a memorial service for killed Royal Marines to attend a movie premiere and mingle with celebrities.

It's quite interesting that while the book "explains" Harry pitching his wife to Bob Iger - apparently, it was a joke - they don't even mention the memorial service and how the decision happened there. I don't mind them going to the premiere at all, we all know royals do that, but maybe they could've found a way to make it work and go separately to both.

Bd.
while I was never convinced that Megha was really suitable to be a Working Royal duchess, I think that the real sign of their "moving out" of royal life was when they started with the fuss about showing Archie. It seems to me now with hindsight that they were planning an escape then if not sooner...But at the time, I felt it was a clear sign that things were not going well, and that they were in effect acting like celebrities rather than royals.. and that they seemed to be willfully determined to annoy the press.. which was stupid.. The press were already on bad terms with them and their behaviour then just alienated them still more.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
american archie mountbatten-windsor asia asian birth britannia british british royal family camilla camilla's family camilla parker-bowles camilla parker bowles carolin china china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing chinese clarence house commonwealth countries coronation crown jewels customs dresses duchess of sussex duke of sussex edward vii elizabeth ii family tree gemstones genetics george vi gradenigo harry and meghan hello! highgrove history hochberg house of windsor hypothetical monarchs japan japanese imperial family japan history jewellery kensington palace king edward vii king juan carlos książ castle liechtenstein lili mountbatten-windsor line of succession list of rulers meghan markle monarchists monarchy mongolia names pless politics portugal prince harry queen elizabeth ii queen victoria st edward sussex suthida thai royal family tradition unfinished portrait united states united states of america welsh


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:56 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×