Favourite and recommended royal books

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Grimaldis of Monaco by Anne Edwards
It is about Princess Grace and a history of the reigning Princes of Monaco.

I read any bios on royals of England and all over Europe...some Russian too. Do not read autobiographies as I never trust them really. Have read all about Queen Victoria, her family, most of the Germans, some French, etc. just read a book about Anna of Saxony this week, what a story she was/had. And Victoria’s letters to her daughters and grandchildren are classic, great reading. Recently am devoted to Tudors, don’t think I have missed many books about the Tudors, certainly not if my library has them but have had to buy a few for my Kindle. The Tudors are endlessly fascinating to me.

When Women Ruled The World: Six Queens of Egypt by Kara Cooney.

A gift for my mother this Christmas.

That sounds interesting, Dman, and something a little different from the British and European rulers. Have you read it yourself?

That sounds interesting, Dman, and something a little different from the British and European rulers. Have you read it yourself?

Not just yet, but I will. I wish these Queen’s stories could be brought the big and small screens. So much fascinating history just waiting to be told.

Right now I have Robert Hardman's "Our Queen" that was released at the time of HM's Diamond Jubilee as my go to book to take with me for hospital procedures and doctor's visits. I never tire of reading about HM, Queen Elizabeth II and Hardman does an excellent job of filling in the the details of the life and times of the Queen.

I actually ordered this book by mistake and was looking for Hardman's "Queen of the World" that is a fairly recent release and that will be my next order once I finish this book. :D

'The Diamond Queen' by Andrew Marr is a great book about QEII & her work. It's my favourite book about her as it's long on facts & short on gossip.

It's also the book of the BBC TV programme, which is available on Youtube.

When Women Ruled The World: Six Queens of Egypt by Kara Cooney.

A gift for my mother this Christmas.

Wow, all I can say is a million Thank you's for this info on Ancient Egypt. That is one of my very favorite subjects for decades now and the most interesting times of all in the ancient near east. Have many many books on the subject and now I just ordered this one on ABEBooks the best place to buy books of any kind be they new or used or antiques. Again Dman, Thank you so very much!:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom