The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 02-07-2015, 02:13 AM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 14,038
As he has had regular meetings with the respective PMs, as recorded in the CC, for years now I don't see why there would be any change. No PM has come out and said that he doesn't know how to conduct himself in these conversations - the opposite if I remember Tony Blair for instance.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 02-07-2015, 02:48 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
As he has had regular meetings with the respective PMs, as recorded in the CC, for years now I don't see why there would be any change. No PM has come out and said that he doesn't know how to conduct himself in these conversations - the opposite if I remember Tony Blair for instance.

Well they are hardly going to say anything are they


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 02-07-2015, 03:39 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ***, Sweden
Posts: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Well they are hardly going to say anything are they


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Why wouldn't they? PMs not still in office/not in politics anymore could say what they want. What would stop them?
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 02-07-2015, 04:47 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
Why wouldn't they? PMs not still in office/not in politics anymore could say what they want. What would stop them?

You have to be joking


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 02-07-2015, 04:53 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ***, Sweden
Posts: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
You have to be joking


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
No? Tell me why. If what you say makes sense I could change my mind, but if you don't make an argument that's rather hard to do. I'm not stupid enough to think I know everything!
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 02-07-2015, 05:08 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,981
I'm sure you know that they couldn't say a bad word against a future king.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 02-07-2015, 05:27 AM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 14,038
Others have done so - including many politicians - so there is no reason to assume that a PM wouldn't do so.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 02-07-2015, 05:40 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ***, Sweden
Posts: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
I'm sure you know that they couldn't say a bad word against a future king.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
But you still aren't telling me why. I want to know..... But I guess I'm not privileged to that information....
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 02-07-2015, 05:42 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ***, Sweden
Posts: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Others have done so - including many politicians - so there is no reason to assume that a PM wouldn't do so.
This is my thought as well... I mean, as long as they don't talk about confidential meetings in politics there is nothing stopping them. And even if they couldn't say bad things, nothing is forcing them to say good things after the fact.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 02-07-2015, 06:16 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
This is my thought as well... I mean, as long as they don't talk about confidential meetings in politics there is nothing stopping them. And even if they couldn't say bad things, nothing is forcing them to say good things after the fact.

Because if they are in a private meeting it is confidential as well you know.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 02-07-2015, 06:27 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ***, Sweden
Posts: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Because if they are in a private meeting it is confidential as well you know.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
If it is confidential, how come they can say he's nice and good. If they said he's rude or meddling is just as vauge/much breaking confidentiality. Or am I missing something?

I confess I don't know much about Brittish politics. But they will have met Charles out of political settings (parties, parades and such) and if they wanted they could talk about that.

Could someone else (that's not doubting my intentions) give me the facts on this? 'Cause I really wan't to know....
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 02-07-2015, 06:39 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,981
No one ever talks about what was said in a meeting or even a casual chat with royalty. They can say he/she was lovely and interested in my ??? But that's it !!!! They aren't going to say " he bored me silly "


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 02-07-2015, 06:44 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ***, Sweden
Posts: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
No one ever talks about what was said in a meeting or even a casual chat with royalty. They can say he/she was lovely and interested in my ??? But that's it !!!! They aren't going to say " he bored me silly "


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Really? No-one does that? So all those articles where people say what royals said is what? Fictional? Like Stephen Fry and Charles and Diana over for tea, Charles saying in private to one person that Putin acts like Hitler etc. etc.

I don't say people go around being rude, but if a republican former PM had bad interactions with Charles I doubt they would shut up about it.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 02-07-2015, 09:12 AM
MARG's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 10,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
I agree he hasn't kept his views to himself and I don't think any prime minster would enjoy their talks with Charles. I know it's his right to speak out but that doesn't mean it is right
You make absolutely no sense whatsoever.

It's his right to speak out

But

That doesn't make it right.

I am totally confused, please clarify.


Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
No one ever talks about what was said in a meeting or even a casual chat with royalty. They can say he/she was lovely and interested in my ??? But that's it !!!! They aren't going to say " he bored me silly "
Lots of perople talk about a casual chat with royalty. It depends who is speaking as to whether one is bored. Some people have found Charles to be witty and wise others are bored stiff. Each to their own.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 02-07-2015, 09:19 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,981
What I'm saying is no prime minister will tell what he thought of his talks with Charles. IMO he might have thought he was raving mad but he's not going to say it. If you can't understand that I can't help you.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 02-07-2015, 09:23 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ***, Sweden
Posts: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
What I'm saying is no prime minister will tell what he thought of his talks with Charles. IMO he might have thought he was raving mad but he's not going to say it. If you can't understand that I can't help you.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
And all we want to know is WHY do you think no PM will do that? What is the thought process behind your statement?
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 02-07-2015, 09:39 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,981
Because he would know he would be hounded out of town and cop comments and bullying because he spoke up IMO is that clear enough.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 02-07-2015, 09:45 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ***, Sweden
Posts: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Because he would know he would be hounded out of town and cop comments and bullying because he spoke up IMO is that clear enough.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Ok, I understand what you are saying. But a PM doesn't have to make a press conference about it. Some minor comments can set the ball rolling, without them putting a target on their back. And I am talking about retired politicians that haven't got a career to lose anymore, you know AFTER they're not the PM anymore. I don't know if it would be that much of an uproar. I think the uproar would be more at Charles since the media is usually biased against Charles and take any opportunity to pick on him.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 02-07-2015, 09:49 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,981
I meant all the ex minsters or what ever. Anyway ladies it's very late and normally I would be asleep but I have had a bad RA flare and couldn't sleep so all this has taken my mind off my pain so thank you both and goodnight


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 02-07-2015, 09:52 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,981
Sorry I said ladies and you mightn't be so sorry if your not


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Catherine I of Navarre/Catherine de Foix An Ard Ri Royal Families of France 8 07-16-2021 04:39 PM
William, Catherine and Family: Annual Holiday to Mustique (2012-2015, 2018-2019) regardez The Prince and Princess of Wales and Family 944 08-03-2019 06:26 PM
"Catherine the Great"- TV series (2015) ANNIE_S The Electronic Domain 1 01-10-2015 09:40 AM




Popular Tags
africa albert prince consort all tags america arcadie arcadie claret austria british british royal family caribbean caroline charles iii claret congo current events danish royal family death denmark duarte pio duchess of kent edward vii elizabeth ii emperor naruhito empress masako garsenda genealogy general news grace kelly grimaldi hamdan bin ahmed history india introduction jewels jordan royal family king king charles king philippe king willem-alexander leopold ier matrilineal monaco monarchy mountbatten need help official visit order of precedence portugal prince albert monaco prince christian princess of orange queen alexandra queen camilla queen ena of spain queen margrethe ii queen mathilde queen maxima queen victoria republics restoration royal initials royal wedding silk spain spanish royal family state visit switzerland visit william woven


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:21 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2023
Jelsoft Enterprises