"Charles At Seventy: Thoughts, Hopes And Dreams" by Robert Jobson (2018)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But there has only been one evening gala event since the wedding that Meghan has worn a long pair of earrings, when she wore the borrowed diamond earrings. She could hardly have worn the dangling emerald and diamond earrings at a day time event.

Just so that we are clear, I am not arguing that emeralds are important to her, just that there does not appear to be any evidence that she dislikes them!

That whole article about the tiara is built on emphasis that she wants the emeralds THAT bad. She might not dislike them, but she certainly doesn't have that much preference for them to get into a tiff about it. She could've easily worn them for her wedding reception if she really wanted to. Or most of the time that she's worn the Birks Snowstorm earrings.

She might not dislike them, but she certainly doesn't have that much preference for them to get into a tiff about it.

I don't believe there is enough information in the public domain to come to that conclusion.

I don't believe there is enough information in the public domain to come to that conclusion.

If she loves them that much, she would've worn it one way or another by now. We've never seen ANYTHING from her before or after Harry to indicate any preference for them. And like I said before, she might not have had royal jewels, but she certain splurged on things she liked before in jewelry department. But believe what you will.

If she loves them that much, she would've worn it one way or another by now. We've never seen ANYTHING from her before or after Harry to indicate any preference for them. And like I said before, she might not have had royal jewels, but she certain splurged on things she liked before in jewelry department. But believe what you will.

If she did not have much serious jewellery before her wedding, how could she have worn it? Apart from some pretty low value jewellery, prior to her wedding had you seen her wear any material jewellery? A few pairs of relatively diamond earrings with small stones are hardly remarkable.

Anyways, I think this is getting off-topic, and is likely to get deleted.

Last edited:
If she did not have much serious jewellery before her wedding, how could she have worn it? Apart from some pretty low value jewellery, prior to her wedding had you seen her wear any material jewellery? A few pairs of relatively diamond earrings with small stones are hardly remarkable.

Anyways, I think this is getting off-topic, and is likely to get deleted.

Emeralds aren’t only used in mega jewelry like those in the royal family. Every days folks do have them too. She has certainly bought herself Cartier pieces before and other expensive fashion items. It’s not like she couldn’t afford emerald jewelry if she wanted it.

Emeralds aren’t only used in mega jewelry like those in the royal family. Every days folks do have them too. She has certainly bought herself Cartier pieces before and other expensive fashion items. It’s not like she couldn’t afford emerald jewelry if she wanted it.

I can't see the point you are making, but actually it does not matter, s it is just a question of time before the Mods delete it for being off topic!

I watched the documentary last night and it was a wonderful and insightful programme - it was nice to hear interviews from William and Harry as well as others who are close to/know Charles. Before I became more interested in the RF I was never a big fan of Charles and Camilla, however after reading more about them I've grown to like them a lot and after HM and Philip they're my favourite British royal couple of the older generations. They seem like a lovely, down to earth pair and I agree that one can tell Charles is genuinely concerned about the welfare of the British public because he does all of his engagements and participates in all his charities because he wants to, not because he feels the need to due to his position.

I watched the documentary last night and it was a wonderful and insightful programme - it was nice to hear interviews from William and Harry as well as others who are close to/know Charles. Before I became more interested in the RF I was never a big fan of Charles and Camilla, however after reading more about them I've grown to like them a lot and after HM and Philip they're my favourite British royal couple of the older generations. They seem like a lovely, down to earth pair and I agree that one can tell Charles is genuinely concerned about the welfare of the British public because he does all of his engagements and participates in all his charities because he wants to, not because he feels the need to due to his position.

Just to let you know HP, the documentary is not connected to this book. There’s a separate thread for the BBC Film :flowers:

Just to let you know HP, the documentary is not connected to this book. There’s a separate thread for the BBC Film :flowers:

I got confused between the two threads as I intended to post this in the documentary thread, thank you for pointing that out! If a mod will delete this post I’ll repost in the correct thread.

:previous: Me too! Going to move my post too. :D

This episode of Royal Rota with ITV's Chris Ship focuses on discussing Prince Charles' 70th birthday and the recent documentary, Son & Heir.

In addition, Robert Jobson discusses his recent book on Prince Charles. Toward the end of the broadcast, Chris Ship addresses the brouhaha over some of Robson's revelations in the book that in recent weeks led to the tiara drama gossip about Meghan and Harry.

Jobson disavows any knowledge of or responsibility for what other journalists and rags gossiped about as taken from his recent book. Jobson seemed to be trying to promote himself as an above-board journalist, when in fact he too was on the negative bandwagon against Meghan in the beginning.

In this Royal Rota episode, Jobson claims that the revelation in his book that Harry said to a staffer, "What Meghan wants, Meghan gets," is true. But Jobson does not connect that quote to any specific incident regarding the so-called tiara drama. Jobson soft-pedals that Harry and Meghan were involved in the stressful planning lead-up to their wedding, and that Harry probably said this to a staffer as a result of the nervous tension and stress they were experiencing a few weeks out from the wedding. Jobson states that QEII did in fact reprimand Harry and tell him to calm down.

I don't see that as the Queen being upset with either Harry or Meghan though. And the interesting thing is that Jobson does not claim the incident occurred over a tiara. In fact, he mentions not knowing exactly what prompted Harry's outburst.

Back
Top Bottom