The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-09-2018, 10:59 AM
Courtier

Itís obvious that his sons love him very much (at least based on an article I read previewing the BBC special), but I can understand why Charles was hurt that William and Harry excluded him completely from that Diana special that aired a couple of years ago. I choose to think that kids can often be thoughtless, not thinking about their parentsí feelings. Iím also hoping that they, as they grow older, will eventually understand that their father did the best he could while raising them without their mother. Of course it reminds me that Charles himself struggled with his motherís absence when he was a boy. I also hope that Charlesí relationship with his parents is solid now, and that father and son are on better terms. Iíll probably buy the book at some point Ė itís nice to have what appears to be a balanced account of Charlesís life rather than the tawdry, ugly books that have been released in the last couple of years.

Old 11-09-2018, 11:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

Well we don't know that Charles was excluded or hurt either one. Again, tabloids.

There would be no reason for Charles to be part of a special the boys did on the anniversary of their mother's death. They were divorced a year, after years of unhappiness, when she died. Due to their public battles and how much it tarnished Charles it's not likely he would want to get involved in that.

LaRae

Old 11-09-2018, 11:17 AM
Heir Apparent

What I don't understand about people that sees the Princes not mentioning their father when honoring their mother as a diss to him is this: do you expect them to mention and honor their mother when they are honoring their father?

No? Ok, then.

The fact of the matter is that Charles and Diana have long divorced. The boys can honor both parents. It's unlikely it'll ever be at the same time due to the amount of history that went down long before they came of age.
Old 11-09-2018, 11:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
But the only time that Meghan has worn a serious pair of earrings (ie, Diana;s emerald and diamond earrings) after the wedding was on the Australasia tour. So it may well be that she loves emeralds, and just has not yet had the chance to wear them.
She's worn 2 bracelets, one pair of earrings, and one ring from her already. I would expect her to jump on the emeralds if they are THAT important to her. She could've easily switched out any of the significant pieces of diamond earring she's worn for the emeralds. She hasn't. Now watch her wear it soon.
Old 11-09-2018, 11:37 AM
Nobility

It's not totally unbelievable that some sort of thing occurred where Meghan liked a Tiara that was then or later deemed unsuitable and words were said. Things can get heated when planning a wedding, especially x a billion people watching. As described however, not likely in the slightest.

However much of a Diva/upstart/goldigger etc you might think someone to be, throwing a hissy fit about not getting the tiara you want before you even join the family, not plausible. If her heart had been set on something like that there are others more similar than the one she wore....

The tiara Meghan ultimately had perfectly suited her dress and other tastes that we've seen in public and at the wedding itself. There was nothing that would have been enhanced by a Russian style emerald tiara as there was at Eugenie's.

If something was considered unsuitable for providence, political, family, name reasons, would it even have been one of the ones they viewed at all?
Old 11-09-2018, 11:54 AM
Commoner

The whole does not make sense to me. Plus even if a bit of truth in it sounds blown out of proportion with drama added. In addition this whole thing of comparing Kate to Meghan and how they treat the staff where Kate of course comes out as being perfect ☹️ Very typical
Old 11-09-2018, 12:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
If Meghan loved emeralds so much they would have been part of her jewellery collection years ago, long before Harry, with pieces she bought herself. There was no sign of any emerald jewellery in photos of her at red carpet events etc pre 2016.

The only connection that I could possibly see to emeralds is that the precious stone associated for with May is the emerald. However that is typically associated with birthstones AFAIK.

If there is any truth to the story, the only plausible explanation is that the Greville Emerald tiara was already promised to Eugenie for her wedding.

Meghan looked lovely in the Art Deco bandeau and it was a beautiful part of her wedding attire.
Old 11-09-2018, 12:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

At the many many pics we saw of Meghan in the threads here pre-wedding I don't remember her wearing much jewelry at all (usually her rings) ...no emeralds. No colored stones. I think it was made known she is a diamond and yellow gold girl.

Such un-necessary drama.

LaRae
Old 11-09-2018, 01:19 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
She's worn 2 bracelets, one pair of earrings, and one ring from her already. I would expect her to jump on the emeralds if they are THAT important to her. She could've easily switched out any of the significant pieces of diamond earring she's worn for the emeralds. She hasn't. Now watch her wear it soon.
But there has only been one evening gala event since the wedding that Meghan has worn a long pair of earrings, when she wore the borrowed diamond earrings. She could hardly have worn the dangling emerald and diamond earrings at a day time event.

Just so that we are clear, I am not arguing that emeralds are important to her, just that there does not appear to be any evidence that she dislikes them!
Old 11-09-2018, 01:32 PM
Majesty

There's no evidence that Meghan likes emeralds in a tiara so much that she would spit the dummy over it either, or that Harry would cause a scene on her behalf.

Except of course, apart from a ridiculous story from a journalist who has stated that an aide stood by listening while the Queen tore strips off her grandson in front of him/her (unnamed of course) and made assertions about Harry's fiancee's character and manners. The aide then, according to Jobson, repeated the whole story to him so he could put it in his biography!
Old 11-09-2018, 02:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
But there has only been one evening gala event since the wedding that Meghan has worn a long pair of earrings, when she wore the borrowed diamond earrings. She could hardly have worn the dangling emerald and diamond earrings at a day time event.

Just so that we are clear, I am not arguing that emeralds are important to her, just that there does not appear to be any evidence that she dislikes them!
That whole article about the tiara is built on emphasis that she wants the emeralds THAT bad. She might not dislike them, but she certainly doesn't have that much preference for them to get into a tiff about it. She could've easily worn them for her wedding reception if she really wanted to. Or most of the time that she's worn the Birks Snowstorm earrings.
Old 11-09-2018, 02:29 PM
Majesty

Quote:
She might not dislike them, but she certainly doesn't have that much preference for them to get into a tiff about it.
I don't believe there is enough information in the public domain to come to that conclusion.
Old 11-09-2018, 02:31 PM
Serene Highness

A true renaissance man !
Old 11-09-2018, 03:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I don't believe there is enough information in the public domain to come to that conclusion.
If she loves them that much, she would've worn it one way or another by now. We've never seen ANYTHING from her before or after Harry to indicate any preference for them. And like I said before, she might not have had royal jewels, but she certain splurged on things she liked before in jewelry department. But believe what you will.
Old 11-09-2018, 03:12 PM
Majesty

Quote:
If she loves them that much, she would've worn it one way or another by now. We've never seen ANYTHING from her before or after Harry to indicate any preference for them. And like I said before, she might not have had royal jewels, but she certain splurged on things she liked before in jewelry department. But believe what you will.
If she did not have much serious jewellery before her wedding, how could she have worn it? Apart from some pretty low value jewellery, prior to her wedding had you seen her wear any material jewellery? A few pairs of relatively diamond earrings with small stones are hardly remarkable.

Anyways, I think this is getting off-topic, and is likely to get deleted.
Old 11-09-2018, 03:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
If she did not have much serious jewellery before her wedding, how could she have worn it? Apart from some pretty low value jewellery, prior to her wedding had you seen her wear any material jewellery? A few pairs of relatively diamond earrings with small stones are hardly remarkable.

Anyways, I think this is getting off-topic, and is likely to get deleted.
Emeralds aren’t only used in mega jewelry like those in the royal family. Every days folks do have them too. She has certainly bought herself Cartier pieces before and other expensive fashion items. It’s not like she couldn’t afford emerald jewelry if she wanted it.
Old 11-09-2018, 03:30 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Emeralds arenít only used in mega jewelry like those in the royal family. Every days folks do have them too. She has certainly bought herself Cartier pieces before and other expensive fashion items. Itís not like she couldnít afford emerald jewelry if she wanted it.
I can't see the point you are making, but actually it does not matter, s it is just a question of time before the Mods delete it for being off topic!
Old 11-09-2018, 05:18 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I watched the documentary last night and it was a wonderful and insightful programme - it was nice to hear interviews from William and Harry as well as others who are close to/know Charles. Before I became more interested in the RF I was never a big fan of Charles and Camilla, however after reading more about them I've grown to like them a lot and after HM and Philip they're my favourite British royal couple of the older generations. They seem like a lovely, down to earth pair and I agree that one can tell Charles is genuinely concerned about the welfare of the British public because he does all of his engagements and participates in all his charities because he wants to, not because he feels the need to due to his position.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 11-09-2018, 06:01 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I watched the documentary last night and it was a wonderful and insightful programme - it was nice to hear interviews from William and Harry as well as others who are close to/know Charles. Before I became more interested in the RF I was never a big fan of Charles and Camilla, however after reading more about them I've grown to like them a lot and after HM and Philip they're my favourite British royal couple of the older generations. They seem like a lovely, down to earth pair and I agree that one can tell Charles is genuinely concerned about the welfare of the British public because he does all of his engagements and participates in all his charities because he wants to, not because he feels the need to due to his position.

Just to let you know HP, the documentary is not connected to this book. Thereís a separate thread for the BBC Film
Old 11-09-2018, 07:06 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Just to let you know HP, the documentary is not connected to this book. Thereís a separate thread for the BBC Film

I got confused between the two threads as I intended to post this in the documentary thread, thank you for pointing that out! If a mod will delete this post Iíll repost in the correct thread.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank