"Carl XVI Gustaf - The Reluctant Monarch" by T. Sjöberg (2010) & other books of T.S.

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think anyone goes into marriage with the intent to cheat on their spouse. If they do, they need help. Most couples that I know have never cheated on each other. In the cases that I did know of, all of them were the husband. I know a lot of women whose husband have cheated on them but I met them after this had happened. Some stayed but others got divorced.

None of these had anything to do with the other woman acting, dressing, talking or looking sexy. If a man wants this, all he has to do is go to a bar or a strip club.

Sometimes if a partner and this can be husband or wife is constantly judging their partner, putting them down, berating them in front of others, or constantly criticizing them all the time, this can drive a husand or wife into someone else's arms. Or they whether realizing it or not will seek someone out who doesn't judge them, condemn or berate them. Someone who listens to them. This person fills the emotional void. In the cases that I've known personally that involved cheating, this was a major factor in the cheating. My wife doesn't understand me was what they said to the other woman.

I don't know the King or Queen, so I don't know their situation.

Last edited:
i feel bad for Victoria Carl Philip and Madeleine its bad enough when your a private citizen and you find out about parental infidelity.
but to have your family's dirty laundry aired like this publicly. hopefully they as a family dealt with this years ago but now .. is now brought back to the surface . and now they have names and details of the affairs not just vague dad cheated on mom

This book really isn't good for the monarchy. There is not so much support in Sweden for the monarchy and there are many opponents. The scandal storiwill not let the support for the monarchy grow.

This book really isn't good for the monarchy. There is not so much support in Sweden for the monarchy and there are many opponents. The scandal storiwill not let the support for the monarchy grow.

Do you have any data to support your statements. The only reason I ask, is that it appears that the book has done the reverse. Steadied support for the monarchy.

BUNTE – Das Heft Nr. 46, 2010: Inhaltsverzeichnis - BUNTE

BUNTE has a huge cover story about CG (Queen Silvia is Bunte's darling, I am amazed they dont try to cover everything with sugar).

I dont think that people will now immediately say, lets get rid of the monarchy, but in the long run I think there is huge image damage and people will at some point at least ask the question, do we need that? Even more so, since people can imagine that this whole Victoria and Daniel show doesnt have much to do with 2 people wanting to serve the country but 2 people wanting to have a happy life together, kids etc etc, ony that the woman happens to inherit the throne one day.

I wonder where you got the idea that Victoria and Daniel don't want to serve the country? IMO nothing that Victoria does hints even remotely into this direction...

I wonder where you got the idea that Victoria and Daniel don't want to serve the country? IMO nothing that Victoria does hints even remotely into this direction...

IMO it comes across that Victoria is most happy in her private life and that she could well do without the job if it was all over. I have no doubt though that Victoria will get to reign but not sure about her children (in case she will have children of course). If CP was to follow with a tacky princess by his side the process could be accelerated.

Which of course is only pure speculation on your part :p

Lets not gte ahead of ourselves.

I think the book was a clear blow to people's perception of CG, but I thnk the story can be managed from here. The Queen should carry out the good works she does, and so should CG and Victoria and Daniel. CP should dump his bit of rough, and we can all get on with life.

I agree Muriel.

I don't follow the SRF on a regular, but I am pretty sure there have been other instances where the monarchy had a low point and its withstood the test of time. Let's see how things are in 5, 10 and 15 years.

Well, AT THE MOMENT everybody´s talking and discussing about the book. That was the same when Charles wanted to be the Tampon and Diana was the octopus or when Prince Henrick travelled offended to his French Wine estate, or when we found out about the offsprings of Prince Bernhard or the Belgian King. Time will fly and next month another topic is more important. So yes, at the moment it damages the monachy in Sweden, but just on the short term, not on the long term.

What really makes me nervous is the rumor, that the owner of the nightclub claims, that he has video bands of the king, while he was in his etablissement and want to make money with it by uploading it to the internet.
Depending on whether this will happen or not (Hey, Secret Service, DO SOMETHING against that!!!!!) and of course what may be seen (CG just entering the entrance door or do we see more??? Maybe even MUCH more????) this may become a real damage......
Bye Bine

" The Courtesan" Camilla Henemark speak out in Expressen today: Google Översätt
Google Översätt

Actually, in the beginning of all this I thaught Camilla was juste and nice, because she said nothing. People asked her about her relationship with the King and she said: no comments.... but now she speaks.... and its been well known for many years that Camilla is in need of money, so I guess she have some by now.... (after the interwju in Expressen I mean)... anyway, she used to be a model and popstar and If you visit Youtube and search for "Army of Lovers" you can watch La Camilla in all her glory (often with a tiara :p )

Last edited:
Ui, did you follow the Video, Soli Deo Gloria......

Quite interesting, this is full of hints! Her tiara, her "Maitresse" outfit, and finally, the inclusion of King Carl Gustavs Portrait (see after 2:20 Mins)..... this is quite obvious!!!
BYe Bine

Ui, did you follow the Video, Soli Deo Gloria......

Quite interesting, this is full of hints! Her tiara, her "Maitresse" outfit, and finally, the inclusion of King Carl Gustavs Portrait (see after 2:20 Mins)..... this is quite obvious!!!
BYe Bine

Yes... the "Crusified" video is quite obvious ... I´m sure they had fun while making it...:cool: and they must have done the video about the time this (the "affair") was going on....

( I post the video here first, but took it away because I felt so tacky..... I think people who are curious can search for it themselves ;))

According to the mediasite Resume.se Expressen payed her 200 000 kr(around 20 000 euros) for the talk.

What really makes me nervous is the rumor, that the owner of the nightclub claims, that he has video bands of the king, while he was in his etablissement and want to make money with it by uploading it to the internet.
Depending on whether this will happen or not (Hey, Secret Service, DO SOMETHING against that!!!!!) and of course what may be seen (CG just entering the entrance door or do we see more??? Maybe even MUCH more????) this may become a real damage......
Bye Bine

Well, lets hope that video is better than Paris Hiltons in that case:whistling: What do you expect our secret service to do? Act like Vince Mackey in the Shield and break down the door to the clubowner and "talk" to him? Swedish secret service were totaly unaware that the US embassy was filming everyone outside the embassy despite cameras in full wiew.

There is a strong possiblity of Victoria becoming queen before 2012

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a number of things I don't understand in this:

Why didnt Säpo (Swedish security police) warn the king against going to a nightclub owned by a known suspect person?
Isn't it the job of Säpo to advise the king in such matters?
If it was fairly well known that the king frequented that nightclub, why didn't the Swedish government advise the king against it?
(The head of Säpo would, in my opinion, have failed miserably if he didn't inform his minister).
Isn't it the job of the government to protect the king? Also from himself?

Did the king ignore all such advise?

Really? Do you think the King would abdicate because of this?

I have coworkers that say that to save the monarchy he might have to. There is also the japanese version of saving ones face, seppuku

Why didnt Säpo (Swedish security police) warn the king against going to a nightclub owned by a known suspect person?
If it was fairly well known that the king frequented that nightclub, why didn't the Swedish government advise the king against it?
(The head of Säpo would, in my opinion, have failed miserably if he didn't inform his minister).

very likely. at times people think that they are untouchable. advice can be given but ignored. he is the king after all. i have followed the SRF for many years and i have always thought that CG was fairly ignorant, even towards his family.

and on another note, those who could or would have given advice to the king might have mingled in the same circles :whistling:

I have coworkers that say that to save the monarchy he might have to. There is also the japanese version of saving ones face, seppuku

Well, I guess his 65th birthday may be an excuse to do it.

scandal or not, imo CG will only drop dead off the throne. he will survive this, no doubt. and to be honest, on what basis would people think that victoria can do a better job. i dont know how prepared she is and how much pressure she can take, she hasnt even started a family with daniel and will need much more time. as long as CG is alive and kicking i dont see him stepping aside.

Please, in almost all of the RFs there are affairs like this. In Belgium, in the Dutch RF, Monaco... They all managa to survive without abdication. CG will also manage the survive.

scandal or not, imo CG will only drop dead off the throne. he will survive this, no doubt. and to be honest, on what basis would people think that victoria can do a better job. i dont know how prepared she is and how much pressure she can take, she hasnt even started a family with daniel and will need much more time. as long as CG is alive and kicking i dont see him stepping aside.

He was 27 when he got onto the throne and hadnt studied like Victoria. Victoria and he have repeated times said that she has gotten more training than he ever got and iirc he has stated that she is ready to take the throne and do a splendid job if needed.

He didnt start a family until 3 years after he got to the throne

You don't tell a King what to do and what not to do in his private life is my guess. That's why. Unwritten rule.

Back
Top Bottom