The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-23-2020, 04:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Upptäck Sverige med kronprinsessan Victoria, by Johan Erséus
The swedish version should be published on 15th July.
Crown Princess Victoria has been hiking through all of Sweden's provinces for two years. With the hikes she wanted to experience different parts of Sweden during different seasons, as well as highlight our unique and varied nature. In this magnificent work, we get to follow the Crown Princess throughout the country and with the help of the country's best nature photographers we meet Swedish nature when it is at its most beautiful.
The book is 320 pages and contains hundreds of amazing pictures - here are the archipelago, forests, lakes and mountains. In the book, the Crown Princess comments in a personal way on Sweden's rich nature.
“In Sweden, you can experience new exactly where you live. It's really just opening the door. It doesn't have to be complicated or expensive." - Victoria
Upptäck Sverige Bokförlaget Max Ström

The english version will be published on 1st October
Explore Sweden with HRH Crown Princess Victoria, by Johan Erséus
Crown Princess Victoria has completed a two-year project to explore every Swedish province on foot. She wanted to experience Sweden’s varied regions throughout the seasons and showcase the country’s natural beauty. The Crown Princess’ routes were carefully chosen to draw attention to the wide variety of Swedish landscapes. In this lavishly illustrated large-format book, the Crown Princess serves as our guide to all the wonderful scenery Sweden has to offer. At 320 pages, the book features more than 150 vivid photographs taken by leading photographers. Each photograph is accompanied by extensive captions or commentary by the Crown Princess. The result is one of the most magnificent books about Sweden ever published.
Explore Sweden Bokförlaget Max Ström
The cover
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Old 07-03-2020, 03:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

A book released on 30th April

Drottningholm, a living world heritage site
Drottningholm Palace is a much-admired UNESCO World Heritage Site – the first place in Sweden to be awarded this recognition. It is a magnificent living site that encompasses much more than the palace itself. Photographer Tove Falk Olsson has spent many years documenting Drottningholm. The result is this grand illustrated work in a compact format.
This book showcases nearly 100 images of Drottningholm Palace and its environs, including the Palace Theatre, the Chinese Pavilion and the lovely parks and grounds – as well as some more unusual features.
Drottningholm, a living world heritage site
Cover
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Swedish version
Drottningholm, ett levande världsarv
Drottningholm, ett levande världsarv

Old 07-09-2020, 10:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Just in time for the Crown Princess' birthday, Max Ström publishes the book Upptäck Sverige - med kronprinsessan Victoria.
Crown Princess Victoria:
- I hope that this book will serve as inspiration to discover more of Sweden's rich and varied nature. And even though there are many opportunities to travel in Sweden, you can experience something new right where you live.
Sweden when it is at its most beautiful
Crown Princess Victoria has for two years hiked through all of Sweden's provinces. With the hikes, she wanted to experience different parts of Sweden during different seasons, and highlight our unique and varied nature. In this magnificent masterpiece, we get to follow the Crown Princess throughout the country and with the help of the best nature photographers, we meet Swedish nature when it is at its most beautiful.
The Crown Princess' personal comments
The book Upptäck Sverige - med kronprinsessan Victoria contains hundreds of fantastic pictures - here are the archipelagos, forests, lakes and mountains. In the book, the Crown Princess comments in a personal way on Sweden's rich nature.
Upptäck Sverige – med kronprinsessan Victoria - Max Ström
Old 07-16-2020, 04:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria's foreword at the book "Upptäck Sverige med kronprinsessan Victoria", a book of her hikes at Sweden's all 25 provinces in 2017-2019. From Svensk Damtidning's article.

My fantastic journey through Sweden began with my 40th birthday, when I wanted to hike in all Swedish provinces. But the idea existed much earlier. In my role, I get to visit many exciting and beautiful places, but in Sweden the trips usually go to the larger cities. I wanted to see other parts of the country. I longed to see more of nature.
As a child, I read in school about Nils Holgersson who flew on a goose all over Sweden and it felt like I was on his journey. I have the book at home on the bookshelf and have read it to my children several times. I got the strongest feeling from Nils Holgersson's journey before the children were born. It was the spring of 2010, a few weeks before Daniel and I got married.
Benny Andersson had written the music for what would be the song ”Vilar glad. I din famn” (Resting happily. In your arms), and which was to be performed at our wedding with Kristina Lugn's text. We first heard the melody in Benny's studio on Skeppsholmen. The music gave me such a strong experience that I traveled through Sweden - I saw for my inner forests, fields, lakes, sparkling sea and large mountains. When Benny played, I thought of Nils Holgersson's journey across Sweden. And that melody has been in the back of my mind during all the province hikes.
For me, it was obvious that I wanted to walk through the provinces. I really like to hike, to discover the world at just the right speed so that the eye and the soul have time. Then the hikes also fit in with Daniel's and my commitment to break the sedentary lifestyle and highlight the importance of movement. It doesn't cost that much to get out, you just need a good pair of shoes. And of course it helps if you have a thermos!
With these hikes, I wanted to emphasize the value of outdoor life and at the same time show what an incredible treasure nature offers each of us. What makes Swedish nature extra special is that it is accessible to everyone, thanks to our ancient right of everyman's right.
My own interest in nature was aroused when I was little. I was with Mulle and studied anthills, cones and other exciting things. But above all, my fascination with nature has been founded by my interested and knowledgeable parents, who both have a special ability to see both the big and the small in nature and impart the knowledge. They have given me a deep respect and an understanding of how everything is connected.
Dad was interested in forest management and environmental issues long before it became trendy. Both my dad and mom can read nature, but while my dad often walks around and reflects, my mom has been more educational and teaching. Just a few generations ago, it was a matter of course that parents passed on their knowledge of nature to their children, but now it is not as common. That's why I feel so grateful to have grown up with this joy of discovery.
During the two years that the hikes took place, I got to experience a lot of new, beautiful, exciting and educational. After each hike, I felt like I wanted to come back there with my children and show all the nice things. I would also like them to experience Sweden and everything that has given me so much.
In addition, I think that it is often enriching experience of nature for us adults to be out and about with children. They see things in a completely different way. They make us aware of things we have missed or don't remember - I will never forget the first time Estelle noticed her own shadow. It was incredibly special! Or when she first tasted snow. You yourself have forgotten these experiences. But with children, you get a second chance to discover such things again.
The experiences outdoors are of course dependent on the weather, nature is unpredictable. During a hike it can sometimes be a bit tough, but it can not be sunny all the time. Just keep going - and enjoy everything that happens when it rains or blows. During my hikes, it also became clear that Sweden is a long country. One early summer we managed to spot the flowering of lilacs in several different places, as the heat crept north. I was extra happy, because I had had such a hectic spring that I completely missed the lilacs in Stockholm!
In addition to these great nature experiences, this has also been something of an inner journey. I really came to appreciate the quiet moments and the peace that can occur in nature. They could occur on a beach on Gotland, on a cliff in Bohuslän or on a mountain in Ångermanland. Before the very first hike in Västergötland, I met the dean in a chapel; he blessed the hikes and gave me a note with words to think about during the journey that actually began on a pilgrimage route. I had the little note in my pocket on all the hikes and often thought of the words that were written there: Freedom. Slowness. Simplicity. Ease. Silence. Sharing. Spirituality.
There are many I would like to thank in this book - so many that the book would probably be twice as thick if I mentioned them all. I would still like to especially thank all the county administrative boards, led by our governors. Within the county administrative boards, there is an incredible amount of expertise in both nature, culture and the environment - and I have learned so much from them. Then I would also like to thank the representatives of all associations and organizations who in various ways contributed to the hikes. A big thank you to you and to all the other fellow hikers - by the way, a nice word that we should perhaps use more often: fellow hikers.
Now I hope that this book will inspire even more people to discover Sweden's rich and varied nature. And even if there are many opportunities to travel in the country, you can always experience something new right where you live. It doesn't have to be expensive or cumbersome. It is often enough to just open the door and go out.
Victorias egna ord om gemensamma målet med Daniel _ Svensk Dam

Some photos from the book (by 1: Pelle T Nilsson (Södermanland), 2: Hans Strand (Rapaselet, Sarek), 3: Jeppe Wikström (Gotland), 4: Pelle T Nilsson (Ångermanland), 5: Roine Magnusson (Höga kusten-bron), 6: Conny Lundström, 7: Peter Nerström (Huvudskär))
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...84&oe=5F370FF1
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...ff&oe=5F35EEE4
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...d3&oe=5F358CE5
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...03&oe=5F33BA30
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...ce&oe=5F367E07
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...bb&oe=5F35DEEC
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...f5&oe=5F34961A
Old 07-26-2020, 03:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

Some pages/photos from the book "Upptäck Sverige med kronprinsessan Victoria", photos by Mikael Svensson.
Bilder med i nya boken Upptäck Sverige med kronprinsessan Victoria
Old 09-01-2020, 12:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Upptäck Sverige med kronprinsessan Victoria

Kartillustration.se has drawn the map for the big book about Crown Princess Victoria's province hikes. A fantastic project that has been great fun to be a part of!
Kartillustration - Upptäck Sverige med kronprinsessan Victoria

The swedish version of the book is on sale at the Royal Gift Shops.
UPPTÄCK SVERIGE_ MED KRONPRINSESSAN VICTORIA
Old 10-03-2020, 03:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

A book released on 1st October

"Vår kungafamilj i fest och vardag 2020"
http://media.bonnierforlagen.se/bokb...9155268756.jpg
Vår kungafamilj i fest och vardag 2020
Old 10-07-2020, 06:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
A new book has been published, by Arne Norlin: Familjen Bernadotte : makten, myterna, människorna (The Bernadotte family: the power, the myths, the people). It is in swedish only so far.
Familjen Bernadotte _ makten, myterna, människorna - Arne Norlin - Bok (9789186597962) _ Bokus bokhandel
Translation
New edition of the book will be published in April 2021.

The new cover:
https://www.lindco.se/wp-content/upl...a_framsida.jpg

This new edition contains a newly written chapter about Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Carl Philip and Princess Madeleine and their families. The book is published for King Carl XVI Gustaf's 75th birthday.
Familjen Bernadotte – Lind & Co
Old 10-11-2020, 09:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

A new book has been released in August:
Karin Tegenborg Falkdalen: Svenska drottningar (Swedish queens)

At the king's side, there has always been a queen, who has been and is the highest woman in the kingdom. But what has it meant to be a queen and constantly be in the spotlight? What demands has she had on herself? And how has she adapted to meet expectations?
Historian of ideas Karin Tegenborg Falkdalen has previously written the critically acclaimed books Vasadöttrarna and Vasadrottningen. Now she returns with a fascinating story about our Swedish queens from the Vasa period to today.
Tegenborg Falkdalen's thoughtful depiction highlights the conditions of the queen's role. How would the ideal queen behave as a wife, mother, housewife and as a representative and political partner by the king's side? How has the role changed over time? And what inheritance awaits Victoria on the day she inherits the throne?

The queens have always been observed and at the center of attention, they have been an "object of everyone's gaze". It was the future queen who had to change country. She was to settle at a new court where she did not know anyone. She would create a position for herself and make her marriage to a man she barely knew (or not at all) work. This has been the case since the beginning of time and this is the case in Karin Tegenborg Falkdalen's book Swedish Queens. Falkdalen goes through the role of queen for 500 years, from Gustav Vasa's first queen, Katarina av Sachsen-Lauenburg to our contemporary Silvia.
Of course, there were many who had opinions on how the new queen should behave. The queens were also never alone but have always had people around them. Even long before the breakthrough of the modern media, people around them have reported, discussed and commented on the queens and their actions. And today the royal women live their lives in the light of the publicity under more or less constant media coverage. At the same time, the royals themselves are active on social media where they present selected images of themselves.
The bourgeoisie of the royal family that began in the 19th century also meant a more difficult balance between being on the one hand "royal" and on the other hand "ordinary", just as the increased media coverage has meant that the royals' private lives have increasingly come into focus. How has this affected the queen's role and duties?
It is also the official image given and created by the queens that the author is primarily interested in. An important function for the queen was to serve as a role model for her subjects, and then especially for the female part of the population, so it is also interesting to circle what people in both contemporary and posterity have chosen to highlight about the queens.
The author answers the following questions, among others:
What has it meant to be queen?
What expectations and demands have been / are there for a queen?
How has the role of queen evolved over time?
What role has the queen played in strengthening and legitimizing the Swedish monarchy?
What issues have the queens been involved in, and have been allowed to engage in through the ages?
What information has been considered appropriate for a queen?
How would the exemplary queen behave like a wife, mother and queen?
Svenska drottningar _ Historiska Media
Old 10-27-2020, 06:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

In the end of March 2021 will be published

Vår kungafamilj i fest och vardag 2021 : Carl XVI Gustaf 75 år
In this special edition, the king and his impressive decades as Sweden's longest reigning monarch will be celebrated. The book is filled with nostalgic flashbacks and reflections through the years. Queen Silvia's 45 memorable years as Queen of Sweden will also get a tribute.
Vår kungafamilj i fest och vardag 2021 _ Carl XVI Gustaf 75 år - Bokförlaget Semic - häftad (9789155269210) _ Adlibris Bokhandel
Old 12-06-2020, 09:07 PM
Commoner

Hello LadyFinn, I was wondering if its possible to gain access to the links you're being kind enough to provide? I get the "access denied" message.

In regards to the books, is there any translated books for people who are really interested in reading them? I'd love to read these books if possible.
Old 04-29-2021, 01:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Kunglig hovleverantör / Royal Warrant Holder
The Royal Warrant Holders in Sweden are a colorful group of entrepreneurs. In his foreword to the new book about the Royal Warrant Holders, the King writes:
“The Royal Warrant Holder is basically a way of marking an appreciated and good business relationship - relationships that in some cases run through several generations. Over the years, it has also come to be seen as a sign of quality, which is of course gratifying.”
The book is a richly illustrated depiction of modern Swedish business. It has parallel texts in Swedish and English. Background to the phenomenon Royal Warrant Holder, and present, reflected in visits to 58 of today's Royal Warrant Holders, spread throughout the country.
Bilingual edition! The text of the book is in Swedish and English.
Utkommer 30 april 2021_ Kunglig Hovleverantör – Bild & Kultur

Swedish Press Agency SPA at its Facebook
"New lovely book from @mariagunnarsson1116 We are so greatful she gave is the trust to do some of the job for this book"
https://scontent-hel3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...5c&oe=60B069FE
https://scontent-hel3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...05&oe=60AF5A47
https://scontent-hel3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...ab&oe=60AFDB9E
Old 05-24-2021, 01:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Kungaliv – Sveriges regenter under 500 år by Linda Linnskog Rudh
Published in August 2020

Do you know which king took tennis to Sweden? Or who was the queen who loved to play with lead soldiers? Do you know who lived in Turkey for several years, or who got the most expensive funeral in Sweden's history? That, and much more, you can read about here!
This book tells about the 23 rulers who have been in power in Sweden for the past 500 years.
Facts checked by Dick Harrison, historian, professor at history at Lund University in Sweden.
Kungaliv – Sveriges regenter under 500 år _ Opal
Old 06-04-2021, 08:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Published in April 2021

Sweden's regents - from Vasa to today
Based on the already popular fact book Kungaliv, here is a small gift book for those who have appreciated the royal family and its regents since Gustav Vasa's time. The 23 regents get a spread each with a picture and very stripped text which gives us a good overview of the Swedish regent length.
Sveriges regenter – från Vasa till idag _ Opal
Old 06-10-2021, 12:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Published today

The invisible queen is enlightened in a new book
Sofia Magdalena. Kärlek, revolutioner och mord (Sofia Magdalena. Love, revolutions and murder)
Sofia Magdalena, the Danish crown princess who married Gustav III in 1766 and became Swedish queen, has long been invisible in the writing of history. In the historian Claes Rainer's book Sofia Magdalena , we see her emerge from the shadows through the letters, diaries and memoirs of that time - and she turns out to be a very captivating queen.
Den osynliga drottningen får ljus på sig i ny bok _ Bokförlaget Langenskiöld
Translation
Old 09-19-2021, 05:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Finnish Sanna-Mari Hovi has written a book
"Viikingeistä Victoriaan — Ruotsin monarkian tarina"
("From Vikings to Victoria - the story of the Swedish monarchy")
The book provides the reader with a wealth of new and surprising information, such as how long it took to curl the hair of the first Bernadotte king, why a prince was called inferior to a locomotive, and how Carl Philip was due to become king of Estonia.
The main focus of the book is on the current royal family of Bernadade, which came to power in 1818. From previous centuries, the focus is on the most significant or otherwise particularly fascinating people in Finland.
Viikingeistä Victoriaan _ Minerva verkkokauppa

Sanna-Mari Hovi is called a court expert in Finland, but I am not very convinced of the extent of her knowledge of the royal families.
Old 10-20-2021, 09:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Published in the end of September

Carin Bergström: Sofia. En drottnings liv (Sofia. The life of a queen)
A queen before her time
In 1856, Princess Sofia of Nassau married the Swedish Duke Oscar of Östergötland. The couple met in a common interest in literature, music and politics. Little did any of them know that fourteen years later they would sit as King Oscar II and Queen Sofia on the thrones of the Kingdom of Sweden and Norway.
Sofia. En drottnings liv - Historiska Media Förlag
Translation