Books on the Royal Family of Spain and Spanish Royal History

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Leonor de Borbón

already..wow. Maybe it has alot of pictures...only very serious royal watchers will buy it. I may flip through it in a book store if I see it, but not buy it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leonor de Borbón

Rather silly to publish a book on a baby less then 2 weeks old. They must have been working on it for sometime already. I wonder how well it will sell.

Leonor de Borbón

I think the auhor and the publisher are not interested in the profits.
They wanted to mark the happening - the birth of a child that could one day, or not, be Queen of Spain.
If they sell some thousands better. And I think it will sell, because people might want to keep it as souvenir of the birth. Of course the main interested will be Royal Fans or Watchers. For some people it may sound weird to collect Hola magazines but I've done that for ages. And do you know, I love to see them from time to time.
Thank you, Elsa, for giving knowledge of the publication. I am sure others will follow :).
Regards,
mtbcm :)

Leonor de Borbón

http://actualidad.terra.es/especiales/leonor-de-borbon/articulo/hoy_infanta_leonor_601393.htm

Today there goes out to the sale the first book dedicated to the Infanta Leonor

The first book on the one that might be the future Queen of Spain will be from today to the sale in the bookshops and kiosks of the whole Spain.
' The book is clear of 64 pages in 14 chapters, that they include from news, a study on the name Leonor, literary Leonores, the transcendency of which a woman is going to be Reina of Spain, which raises constitutional changes and the Infanta's transformation to Royal Highness, all kinds of questions, anecdotes and curiosities concerning such a scanty biography, certainly ', explained the publisher and co-author of this book, Joan Gonper.
In the draft of this volume there was involved also the teacher from Leon Celia Bermejo, who together with Gonper developed this idea inspired by the work of another publishing house that, after the death of the Pope Juan Paul II, had three interiors prepared depending on whom he was the new Supreme Pontiff.
Several contents The book reproduces, between other contents, the official communique of the Royal Family in the one that was announcing last October 31 the birth of the Infanta, a chronological revision of the days previous and later to the illumination, photographies of last hour, transcriptions of the SMS of the Palace of the Operetta and the origin of the name, between other curiosities. If does not include the opinions and reactions of the citizenship ' it is because really it has not had time ', demonstrated Gonper.
' This girl is going to be the Queen of Spain and, besides, with the rapidity of means of information, news across messages sms, etc, there has been facilitated that everything has been very rapid; the people cannot forget either that the mother of this girl has been and is a journalist ', demonstrated the publisher in reference to the speed with which this book has gone out to the light and on the volume of information generated by the birth of the small one.
Thousands of copies From the publishing house Celya, which already has started preparing the sending requested across Internet, affirm that they have met 'exceeded' and prove to be 'optimists' as for the sales. In fact, the second edition already is in the press.
' The issue is immense, of many thousands of copies ', affirmed Gonper, who, on the other hand, highlighted that absurdity is ' a bit ' that for other narrative books and qualit poetry published the publishing house ' has not given itself the bass-drum and saucer that one has given with this title, and with this one, which does not stop being a historical and literary anecdote, there is the transcendency that has had to national level '.
Finally, Gonper thought that the name chosen for the Infanta is ' very just and appropriate ' for the quantity personalities associated with the court and queens of Castile, Aragon, Portugal and England who have taken it, such as Leonor of Aquitaine (1122), Leonor de Plantagenet and of Castile (1156), Eleonora of Provence and England (1222), Leonor of Sicily (1349) or Leonor of Austria (1498), between some others. ' They can shuffle other many names, but this name is very guessed right ', the publisher pronounced.

Leonor, la Infanta Inesperada

Ángela Portero and Paloma García Pelayo have written a new tabloid-like book, about the birth of Infanta Leonor. It's entitled: "Leonor, la Infanta Inesperada".

The authors have spoken to Dr. Recasens (who was authorized by La Zarzuela to give his testimony as gynaecologist of Doña Letizia) about what happened the night Leonor was born.

The book says nothing more than what everybody already knows: that the princess, after being admitted for the first time, had recieved a special medication to delay the childbirth, that she had to stay in bed after October 18th and that the Caesarean was due to the fact that there wasn’t enough dilatation.

Nevertheless, it speculates about a series of rumours that had supposedly preceded the childbirth: that the Caesarean was provoked by a respiratory insufficiency, pulmonary problems caused by swallowing amniotic liquid or by the umbical cord, diabetes, serious haemorrhages, etc.

http://blogs.20minutos.es/martacibelina/post/2005/12/02/leonor-aun-parto-dificil-

Last edited:

These "journalists" who write the book are opportunists.

The book only it are a rapid set of assembled rumors, in one month, and published, to create polemic and to earn money. Later they go to the television exaggerate everything and manipulate the information, in order that the people buy their book and to earn money.
I saw an interview and it was giving shame, only they are based on rumors, according to them confirmed ... but I do not believe myself it. They say that they speak with people near to the Princes, and nobody that this one nearby would speak to them with them.
The worst thing is that they sow doubts on the health of the Princess and Leonor, and they do conjectures on the childbirth, exaggerating the possible problems, these when only they would be the normal ones in these circumstances. They create the history in that they are interested, but actually the only thing that they do is to gather rumors how those that appear for Internet, and that the majority of the times are not true.

The only thing that they want is to generate polemic to earn money, they can do it very well. One of them also wrote a book, a month of the commitment promising to be and the Princes managed to comment that it made giving them that the people should become exhausted money in that book ... giving to understand that many things had to be a lie.

These journalists do not offer me confidence, not only for the books opportunist that write ... I have seen them often in television, and the Portero is a bad woman. She is all the same to them to trade with a sick person, the death of a woman, or the adoption of a girl .... only it imports the money for them. The people already know their work and many people do not like, because already they have told many lies and have invented many histories. Also they have damaged to many famous persons.
Always they say that they have right to report on the public prominent figures, and defend themselves with it. But the people have right to have a plot of intimacy, and the journalists cannot force them to do public up to the most minimal detail of their lives.

I hope that do not sell many books, though always there are people to whom they these things please, though they are written by persons who are not worth it.
For the majority of the people the important thing is that the Princess and Leonor are nice; the people do not like that one trades with a girl, and less when this girl is the Infanta of Spain and the people are taking fondness on having seen her to grow. I hope that they do not continue for this way and allow that Leonor should have an as normal as possible infancy.

What a shocking publication, it's a shame :mad:

How could people do this? Speculate and say bad think for a such cute and little baby?

First of all, I do not believe a single word, If these things were true, Letizia & Felipe would not appear so happy. Letizia in her only appearance last week was a radiant and accomplished mother.

And even if it was true, the only thing we all should do, is to support the parents, not to write/read stupid books. Disease, if any, it's a sad problem, NOT A SHAME !!

Let's all Spaniards boycott this book, do not speak about, it's the best reply ! :eek:

it's late. They have appeared in TV and radio...incredible how easy is to write a book nowadays...:S

nayralorenzo said:
...incredible how easy is to write a book nowadays...:S

Yes, sopecially books like this one:mad:

nayralorenzo said:
incredible how easy is to write a book nowadays...:S
Yes, and there are still people who publish it! Aren't there any gifted young writers or poets who want to sell their book and they can't?

http://www.lavozdeasturias.com/noticias/noticia.asp?pkid=240559

THE BOOK OF LETIZIA'S CAESAREAN

PAU ARENOS (06/12/2005)

It blushes and resects the mouth to listen to Angela Portero and to Paloma García-Pelayo. The journalists have just published a book express, Leonor, the unexpected princess, a buy of impulse that after the Christmas will take so many freshness as the greasy remains of nougat and the costillar carroñeado of the turkey.

On Saturday night, in Salsa Rosa, another stop of the tour along the programs - friends of the TV, Portero and García-Pelayo they were speaking about their product of urgency as if it was a question of a consistent and memorable work of investigation, Watergate's species with diapers. The mystery, the threats, the sting that to the journalist it is born of the rump before I palm of the information... To hear Them age sharing as the table stretcher with Woodward, Bernstein and deep Throat after happening for the odontologist the teeth to be whitened. Santi Acosta, one of the worst presenters of the world, was giving laugh demanding drama, suspense and hemorrhage.

The heart jibarizado of the book is the following one: the lives of Letizia and of Leonor were in danger. It is possible that yes and it is possible that not. I ignore it, since almost quite of the royal family. A Caesarean is an operation and when the scalpel is exposed flows with the blood. But it is necessary to prove that there was an anomaly. Papers or surgeons who take the mask or the mask from themselves. In the book there is neither medical report nor doctor who signs the pessimistic and startled phrase.
The piece of gossip still is not a news, though they insist day, evening and night the chroniclers of the entrails. These people colonize our TV with a non-journalism Frankenstein, made with forensic remains and common graves.

http://www.lavanguardia.es/web/20051208/51204765827.html

During the last days, the Princess of Asturias has been the involuntary protagonist of a book in which it is offered a version of the childbirth of Infanta Leonor that is totally away from the reality. La Zarzuela did not want to deny the content of the book, so not to contribute to its propaganda, but the officious sources have considered it as a libel.

Last edited:

as elsa said, i arrived some weeks ago to spain to celebrate christmas and this book seems to be the actuality in every single "pink programme". it's bringing quite a lot of controversy but surprisingly the book is having a quite good aceptance, the writers said. they also mentioned that apparently la zarzuela sent them a note of conformity with the book and then they sent them another one saying that there were some errors in it.

carlota said:
as elsa said, i arrived some weeks ago to spain to celebrate christmas and this book seems to be the actuality in every single "pink programme". it's bringing quite a lot of controversy but surprisingly the book is having a quite good aceptance, the writers said. they also mentioned that apparently la zarzuela sent them a note of conformity with the book and then they sent them another one saying that there were some errors in it.
SOME errors?! I have the impression that there were A LITTLE BIT MORE errors:mad:

carlota said:

They sent the book to Palace, and only they they sent the same note of gratefulness that they send to the whole world that does a gift to them, it is a question of education. The Chief of Press they sent a note saying that they are free to write what they want, but that before should insure themselves that what they write it is true.

It is necessary to know well these two journalists and know the lies that are capable of telling and it manipulative that they are. They are employed at a television channel that is where they do advertising of the book, they create the polemic and they walk along the programs of this chain creating polemic. Besides they are owners of an agency of " pink press ", for what they are interested in creating polemic to sell the book. Every day they add new details, and every time the history is less credible. But the war between the televisions is very strong, and seems to be that for teer hearing the better thing is to create polemic. The only thing that they want is to sell books and to earn money, and because of it they create polemics.

They were those who sold Carmina Ordoñez's life. A famous woman in Spain for being daughter and wife of famous bullfighters. They were supposedly her friends, but actually the whole world knows that they treated her as a goods to earn money. They sold her problems with the drugs, her stay in clinics of detoxification and later her death. Up to after died they did business with her.

Also they were they who brought of illegal form from Peru a delinquent in order that she was accusing the singer Isabel Pantoja of credit adopting illegally her daughter. This history was terrible, because they could destroy the life of a girl who already had suffered very much.

This they are the persons who write this book, persons without scruples. The one who believes himself what they count is an ignoramus and does not have feelings. The bad thing is that always there are people ready to earn money with the polemics, and some programs of the television use these polemics. Everything what surrounds the Princes is a news, be true or a lie, and many people take advantage of it. They use the Princes because the singers, the actors and the real professionals already do not want to go to the programs of television and flee of the press.

i know lula. i didn't really trust practically anything they wrote in that book. however, isabel pantoja's problem was that she could get the adoption done in a really short time compared to others that take far more, she just skipped the queue and that was what annoyed the press. i read somewhere that they both had a close relationship with her, angela portero was one of the first people to know about her death and she was a really close friend of carmina.
anyway, think we should come back on topic. did you also see the fact that the book was selling many copies lula? it's incredible.. may it be because she works for salsa rosa?

Several things Carlota.

The topic of the Pantoja the courts had to study it, and not they, and if the justice did not blame her for anything, they were not who. In addition, they introduced illegally a delinquent in Spain, and I believe that it is dependent on judgment.
They were friends of Carmina .... but I believe that the majority of the people thinks that with friends like that who needs enemies. Carmina was an unlucky person who had lost the course, and they took advantage of her to gain money. If they had been real amihas they her had helped instead of destroying her more.

You them do not copy that they will go sold, because a thing is what they say and other one the reality, they are a few manipulative experts. But bear in mind that they devote themselves to create polemic and expectation in the television channel at which they are employed, and it is great free advertising. Ultimately there are ignorant people who is left to go or people to which this type of things, of everything exists in the world.

Leonor: ha nacido una reina?

In the new book Leonor: ha nacido una reina?, Neves Herrero and Almudena de Arteaga tell about the first months of the daughter of the Princes of Asturias and simultaneously they approach the lives of queens and princesses, who had shared the name of the new Infanta of Spain.

Interviews with close friends of the royal family, anecdotes and an exhaustive analysis of the society in which the possible future queen has been born fill the pages of this book, published by Martinez Roca. Besides, the book deepens in the political and constitutional implications of this birth that constitute an essential piece of history.

Taking advantage of her experience as an historian, Almudena de Arteaga tracks the Spanish past, in search of queens or princess who have shared the name of Leonor and approaches the lives of women like Leonor de Aquitaine, Leonor de Plantagenet (queen of Castile), Leonor de Guzmán (the great lover of king Alfonso XI) and also the queen of Portugal and France, Leonor of Austria, who was daughter of Juana la Loca and Felipe el Hermoso and faithful sister of Carlos I.
This is an historical revision from the 12th to the 15th centuries and that helps us to analyze all the keys of our present.

Nieves Herrero is a serious journalist and Almudena de Arteaga is an historian and a lawyer and she’s the Spanish most successful author of historical novels, with books like "La princesa de Éboli", "Eugenia de Montijo", "La vida privada del emperador", "Juana la Beltraneja: el pecado oculto de Isabel la Católica", "Catalina de Aragón: reina de Inglaterra", "María de Molina", etc..

http://www.palenciadigital.com/portal/noticias/noticia.asp?canal=cultura&fecha=20051226&hora=131450

Last edited:
lula said:
Several things Carlota.

The topic of the Pantoja the courts had to study it, and not they, and if the justice did not blame her for anything, they were not who. In addition, they introduced illegally a delinquent in Spain, and I believe that it is dependent on judgment.
They were friends of Carmina .... but I believe that the majority of the people thinks that with friends like that who needs enemies. Carmina was an unlucky person who had lost the course, and they took advantage of her to gain money. If they had been real amihas they her had helped instead of destroying her more.

You them do not copy that they will go sold, because a thing is what they say and other one the reality, they are a few manipulative experts. But bear in mind that they devote themselves to create polemic and expectation in the television channel at which they are employed, and it is great free advertising. Ultimately there are ignorant people who is left to go or people to which this type of things, of everything exists in the world.

These persons seem to be really disgusting. Write such sick things for a cute innocent baby !!!!! You can love or hate monarchy, but do not touch children, and Leonor is a nice cute baby who needs her parents love and nothing else :eek:
And Carmen Ordonez, I remember her in Francisco's wedding with Eugenia, a stunning beauty in her blue dress :) , and after that, from time to time the images of her slow fall, sad sad sad.
I may be very romantic, but some subjects should be untouchable! especially for money purposes !

Leonor: ha nacido una reina?

http://www.madridiario.es/mdo/actual/secciones/madrid/nievesherrero-100106.php

The journalist Nieves Herrero and the historian Almudena de Arteaga have taken advantage of the week of Infanta Leonor’s baptism to officially present their book. Published by Martínez Roca, the book goes deep in political and constitutional reflections related to the arrival of Leonor.

Leonor:¿ha nacido una reina? constitutes an historical revision, to subsequently approach the present debate on the access of women to the throne. It is, without any doubt, a deep glance into the history from the 12th to the 16th centuries, in order to understand the Present.

Leonor, ha nacido una reina?

http://www.palenciadigital.com/portal/noticias/noticia.asp?canal=sociedad&fecha=20060111&hora=123054

Neves Herrero and Almudena de Arteaga presented yesterday their new book Leonor, ha nacido una reina?, which is divided in two parts: a review of other women named Leonor and an analysis of the socio-politic context in which the first-born of the Princes of Asturias was born.

The journalist wanted to leave aside the controversy provoked by the book of Ángela Portero and Paloma Garcia-Pelayo, in which they assure there were complications during the childbirth of the Infanta: "As far as I am concerned, the people I have talked to have all the credibility and that is what counts". In this sense, Neves Herrero says that she and Almudena de Arteaga had only tried to give historical data and they did not have intention to use that kind of questions: "I believe that that is something that only belongs to the intimate life of the Princes; it does not contribute with any data and the girl, as we can see, has a healthy appearance. The best proof of how that birth was like is the self image of Infanta Leonor, who cannot be prettier and more handsome".

Leonor, ha nacido una reina?

a new book of Leonor

Presentation of book "Leonor, ha nacido una reina" (Leonor, a queen has been born)
madrid, 10 january 2006 (from cover)

Poor kid, she's only a few months old and there are already books about her here and there and for sure there's more to come. The Palace has to do something. This is absurd. Are there also books already written about Amalia, Ingrid, Elisabeth, Lilleprinsen, Aiko (who else did I miss?)? I know that it won't happen to Amalia of Holland because her sue-happy mother won't take it sitting down.

Letizia books?

I was wondering if there were any books about Letizia that have been written yet (any language)? If there are, what are they? Thanks :).

Do you think a book about Letizia will ever be written/translated into English? It's tough for us Americans to find any recent royal books in English besides Diana and now Mary. :cool:

Here are some books about CP Letizia. As far as I know they are only available in Spanish and I've only found one for sale on Amazon.com (that now I'm thinking of buying).

LOS TACONES DE LETIZIA Y OTRAS CURIOSIDADES REALES by PEÑAFIEL, JAIME

TU SERAS MI REINA: OPERACION LETIZIA: LETIZIA ORTIZ UNA PERIODISTA CAMINO DEL TRONO by PORTERO, ANGELA y GARCIA-PELAYO, PALOMA (this one is available on Amazon)

[URL="http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/"][/URL]‘La boda del siglo’ by Fernando Gracia

[URL="http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/"][/URL]¿Reinará Felipe VI? by José Infante

'El doncel de Don Enrique el Doliente’ by Mariano José de Larra (This is the book Letizia gave Felipe for their engagement).

Countess Emmanuela Dampierre is living and she is over 90 year day!!! Dona Emmanuela is much near royal family of Spain and she have much visit King Juan Carlos death mother countess of Barcelona. Dona Emmanuela and Dona Maria of Barcelona was much near royal family.!!!

I like her

She is an old lady, a daughter of a Viscount and of a Princess.
How do you think that she feels when she sees the Royal Family, with Letizia, a divorced commoner and Urdangarin, having titles and belonging to the family.
If her branch, kids and grandkids were morganatic, the same should had happen to the family of Felipe and Cristina.
In spanish we say " La Ley Pareja no Es Dura " something like equal laws are not hard2. I agree with her.
why her descendants are morganatic being her a noble ?

If you want to discuss the lady herself, you can do so in the Spanish forum. This forum is for discussing books.

Elspeth

Royal Library moderator

Emmanuela

claudia said:
She is an old lady, a daughter of a Viscount and of a Princess.
How do you think that she feels when she sees the Royal Family, with Letizia, a divorced commoner and Urdangarin, having titles and belonging to the family.
If her branch, kids and grandkids were morganatic, the same should had happen to the family of Felipe and Cristina.
In spanish we say " La Ley Pareja no Es Dura " something like equal laws are not hard2. I agree with her.
why her descendants are morganatic being her a noble ?

When Emmanuela married with infant Jaime in 1935, the marriages of the Royal House are control by the Law of Carlos III (XVIII century) and the marriages of Felipe, Elena and Cristina no. The monarchy of Juan Carlos I (instaurated by Franco) is diferent of the monarchy of Alfonso XIII. The marriage of Emmanuela is morganatic, the same of the marriages of infant Alfonso, infant Beatrice, infant Cristina (Marone) or infants Pilar and Margarita. They hadn't rights to the spanish throne.

I think it is not absurd because of her status!She can be indeed QUEEN one day, she is not a normal baby, it is really natural that there are books talking about her and her life! It is really natural that there are people asking for her, who wanted to see her, who want photos of her, it is alll very natural.

Back
Top Bottom