Books on the Duke and Duchess of Sussex

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Harry: His Own Words Tell His Story Best

This is a free online biography, very extensive, and with a lot of it being quotes from Prince Harry. It is very well-sourced in my opinion. The author has clearly read a lot of books and done her research. Ashley Michaels draws from books by Marcia Moody, Robert Jobson, Penny Junor and many interviews and documentaries featuring the Prince. I think she ties everything together well.

Free biography of Prince Harry of Wales, with many quotes from the man himself - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1q-iDF2Tk1h5x0hILkCTdXzdlShvuf-KBPy9kvJP-87M/edit?usp=sharing

I apologize for the inconvenience, but that link is inactive and this book is not free. It's only available as on ebook through amazon (kindle) or barnes&noble (if you have a nook). My friend began this work a few years ago and offered it for free, but then, having expanded it beyond what she initially foresaw, and having put a good amount of effort into it (a labor of love, but a labor nonetheless) decided to sell it.

Ha! And what makes it more funny is Meghan has done Hallmark movies!

I have seen that on amazon. I did go ahead and buy that. It's a quick read. My favorite part is about MapAction. The writer really tells you about Harry and MapAction in a way that no one has ...... I've never seen anyone talk about it like that. I feel like I deeply understand now how important MapAction is.

"Harry: Life, Loss and Love" by Katie Nicholl (2018)

There's a new book by Katie Nicholl about Prince Harry, entitled Harry: Life Loss & Love. An excerpt from the book appears in the below New York Post article:

https://nypost.com/2018/03/17/prince-harry-and-meghan-markle-watch-the-crown-at-home/

In the excerpt, Nicholl writes about details of H&M's early courtship. :twohearts:

The first photographs of H&M together in December 2016; purchasing a Christmas tree together; the Norway trip; Meghan moving into Nott Cott and cleaning out Harry's cupboards of junk food, and preparing tasty dinners; after being influenced by Meghan's daily regimen of yoga and green juices, Harry seeks out a nutritionist, takes healthy supplements and works out in order to be in better shape for Meghan; Harry also reportedly tries to stop smoking [and he waxes his chest hair]; he doesn't shave his beard that the Queen is said not to like, and which Harry grew while he was in the military; Harry opens up more to his friends about his grief over his mother's loss, as he focuses with spirited purpose on the recently launched Heads Together project with W&K...

I don't particularly care for Harry's beard either, but it's less scruffy-looking since he began dating Meghan, and it does make him look older. Clean-shaven he has a bit of a baby face.

Last edited:
IIRC he grew the beard AFTER he left the military or at least when he went to a desk position..can't remember the exact time frame!

I quite like a beard on him, he looks a lot like Phillip did at the same age.

LaRae

This book of Katy Nicholl sounds very interesting. She will be giving some hopefully new information on his service in war zones, romances, Meghan and family relationships. I'll be buying it.

The beard first made its appearance at the Walking with the Wounded (Antarctica) trek. It was said the Queen didn't like it so Harry went clean shaven again after he returned. Then he grew it again when he went to Africa in the summer of 2014. He certainly had it at Xmas 2013 as I saw him in real life at Sandringham with it,and it seems that now it's here to stay. I like him clean shaven as he looks younger, but that's Harry's choice!

Last edited:
This book of Katy Nicholl sounds very interesting. She will be giving some hopefully new information on his service in war zones, romances, Meghan and family relationships. I'll be buying it.

The beard first made its appearance at the Walking with the Wounded (Antarctica) trek. It was said the Queen didn't like it so Harry went clean shaven again after he returned. Then he grew it again when he went to Africa in the summer of 2014. He certainly had it at Xmas 2013 as I saw him in real life at Sandringham with it,and it seems that now it's here to stay. I like him clean shaven as he looks younger, but that's Harry's choice!

Why would he want to look younger ? My experience is that many young men (at 33, I still consider Harry young), on the contrary, want to look older to be taken more seriously.

As for the book, from the description above about Meghan preparing tasty dinners and Harry trying to be healthier for her, it looks like the type of thing one would read in a teen magazine for girls. Sorry, but I will pass on that one.

After obtaining one of Nichols' books around the time of William and Kate's wedding (I forget the title and too lazy to go look for it), when she blatantly stated that on a vacation together where it was just the two of them after they reconciled after the breakup, at that time, they made a vow to each other that they would marry.

Was Nichols hiding in the picnic basket or something to gain this information? Ever since then, Nichols has not been on my list as a credible source to read. I may buy the book for entertainment when it shows up on my cheap book site for a couple of dollars but I'm in no rush for it.

IIRC he grew the beard AFTER he left the military or at least when he went to a desk position..can't remember the exact time frame!

I quite like a beard on him, he looks a lot like Phillip did at the same age.

Ah, well perhaps Harry grew a beard while in the military and then shaved it, and later grew it back. I do recall that Harry was clean shaven at the time he left the military. Hopefully, Nicholl got most of her detailed accounts as accurate as possible. But yes, it does read like rehashed and embellished stories we've heard before (a mix of confirmed info, pertinent details gleaned from their engagement interview, and gossipy speculation).

ETA:
Oh I see @Curryong remembers Harry's 'bearded' chronology. ;) Thanks for further clarification.

Last edited:
Yes, and equally thrown together by the look of it. As for 'previous romances' one, the hockey player denied vehemently that he had nothing to do with the breakup of Meghan's marriage, as did she, so suing was in the air if anyone suggests/ed anything else, one was just a friend (and both described themselves as such), and Cory the chef has never spoken about the relationship or the breakup. So, as can be seen by this article, lean pickings for this author all round! Same as Morton, really. Wasn't able to get to the inner circle.

A book excerpt from the Irish Mirror https://t.co/xRyiUQdDct. Talks about how her parents influenced her upbringing despite their divorce. Mostly quotes taken from previous Meghan interviews.

Books about the Duke and Duchess of Sussex

This thread is about books & biographies of the Duke and/or the Duchess of Sussex.

Upcoming biographies and books can be discussed in this thread. Three previous biographies have been discussed in their own threads.

You can find those books in these threads:

Royals at War: The Untold Story of Harry and Meghan's Shocking Split with the House of Windsor

Finding Freedom: Harry and Meghan and the Making of a Modern Royal Family

Meghan and Harry: The Real Story

Battle of Brothers

Until a new book is announced this thread will remain closed. Please contact me by PM if information about a new book needs to be discussed & this threads needs to be opened.

Last edited:
Samantha Markle's Diary of a Pushy Princess, part 1

okay - so getting ready for a lot of flack here . Samantha Markle's Diary of a Pushy Princess's Sister part 1 - please change title.
I will be buying this book - with my well earned Amazon points from Christmas :)

I know that Samantha Markle isnt the most trusted source on the planet, but at this point in time - I really think we need to look high and low for the truth regarding Meghan and Harry. I am also quite curious on Samantha take on things - Meghan's family side of the story. Either way I feel it might have the same amount of truth in it as Hugo Vickers and Omid Scoobie's.

So looking forward to its release. I am a bit intrigued by the part 1 in the title - apparently 2 years of research, interviews ect have gone into this. Could it be that she has done the most research for a book released on the couple?

I'm not the Sussexes biggest fan but i find rather disturbing to have Hugo Vickers and Samantha Markle in the same sentence...
We need an unbiased view on the Sussexes, not an hagiography Scobie's style nor an expected pure trash like this one.
It does'nt help, really.

Last edited:
All I'll say is that this book has been added to my "must to avoid" list.

Now where's my Herman's Hermit's CD again? hmmmmm.... :D

I'm not the Sussexes biggest fan but i find rather disturbing to have Hugo Vickers and Samantha Markle in the same sentence...
We need an unbiased view on the Sussexes, not an hagiography Scobie's style nor an expected pure trash like this one.
It does'nt help, really.

Yep - it was that kind of year. Never though it would happen as well.

I would love an unbias account myself - unlikely to happen in my life time - Still waiting on a Princess of Wales one as well. What is it that historians say - you need five generations to pass before popular opinion can pass into history that can be objectively observed. I feel the internet and mass media have changed that time frame as well.

All I'll say is that this book has been added to my "must to avoid" list.

Now where's my Herman's Hermit's CD again? hmmmmm.... :D

Oh dear! I understand that reference. :D

What happened with discretion and "do not hang the family's laundry outside'?

Usually the in-law family of royals are stony silent and categorically refuse cooperation with media.

Last edited:
What happened with discretion and "do not hang the family's laundry outside'?

Perhaps Samantha should have followed the precedent set by the Duchess and had her friends speak to Omid on her behalf! ?

Jokes aside, I think the book will be complete trash, and barring Samatha and her publishers who will make a few bob, nobody will benefit from its publication.

I suppose I'm morbidly curious if she comes up with anything that she hasn't already spewed and can substantiate. I doubt it though. She's definitely not an unbiased source to say the least. However I guess she has the right to publish or self publish as much as anyone else.

I would like a decent, well researched book that explores their good and bad points rather than Omid on one hand and this on the other and assuming that there's a grain of truth in both and mostly it's somewhere in the middle.

Did Hugo Vickers write a book about Harry and Meghan? In addition to the book by Scobie and Durand, Lady Colin Campbell wrote a book about Harry and Meghan and Robert Lacey wrote a book about William and Harry.

Last edited:
Did Hugo Vickers write a book about Harry and Meghan. In addition to the book by Scobie and Durand, Lady Colin Campbell wrote a book about Harry and Meghan and Robert Lacey wrote a book about William and Harry.

My sincere apologies - mean Lacey :whistling:

Considering that Samantha hasn't seen her half sister since 2008 and has never even spoken to Harry, I can't imagine what usefulness this book is in discovering anything about either of them. Samantha also left the Markle home she shared with her father and siblings before she was twenty, when Meghan was a small child.

I find the delay in publishing and the fact that Samantha seems to be self-publishing this interesting. If there was anything considered a bombshell revaluation about the book then one would think that publishers would have been knocking on her door with large contracts for the last two years since she first announced she was going to write it.

Did Hugo Vickers write a book about Harry and Meghan. In addition to the book by Scobie and Durand, Lady Colin Campbell wrote a book about Harry and Meghan and Robert Lacey wrote a book about William and Harry.

Vickers is well above that i guess .... i don't think he will loose his reputation and his good connections with the BRF with the Sussexes hot potatoe.

My sincere apologies - mean Lacey :whistling:

Ok, Phew!!! Because I'm planning to read more books written by Hugo Vickers :lol:

I actually enjoyed reading The Quest for Queen Mary by James Pope-Hennessy and edited by Hugo Victors himself. I appreciated Victors' annotation at the bottom of the page with references.

Thank goodness, I can still regard Hugo Victors as a respected Royal author.

I have almost lost count on the number books written about Harry & Meghan. Apart from the three books listed kindly by Queen Claude (thank you very much ), there are also Meghan Misunderstood by Sean Smith (2020) and Meghan: A Hollywood Princess by Andrew Morton (2018).

Like previous posters have mentioned, Samantha Markle's Diary of a Pushy Princess is going to be as one-sided and over fictionalised as Finding Freedom (Omid Scobie and Caroline Durand), Meghan and Harry: The Real Story (Lady Collin Campbell), Battle of Brothers: William, Harry and the Inside Story of A Family in Tumult (Robert Lacey) and Meghan Misunderstood (Sean Smith)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom