The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2021, 03:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
Breaking news!
Random House is honored to announce a forthcoming memoir by Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex, to be published globally in late 2022.
In an intimate and heartfelt memoir from one of the most fascinating and influential global figures of our time, Prince Harry will share, for the very first time, the definitive account of the experiences, adventures, losses, and life lessons that have helped shape him.
https://t.co/NUzXwntuKq
No, no, it's not by Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex, it's by "the man he has become."

Old 07-19-2021, 03:54 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGoalHighDreams View Post
No, no, it's not by Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex, it's by "the man he has become."

That isn't what he said. What he said was more nuanced. He said:

'I'm writing this not as the prince I was born but as the man I have become. I've worn many hats over the years, both literally and figuratively, and my hope is that in telling my story— the highs and lows, the mistakes, the lessons learned — I can help show that no matter where we come from, we have more in common than we think.'

Old 07-19-2021, 04:25 PM
Nobility

Proceeds or "the proceeds"? I haven't read the Daily Mail story yet.

1% of all proceeds is still proceeds. Was this part specified?
Old 07-19-2021, 05:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy Scot View Post
That isn't what he said. What he said was more nuanced. He said:

'I'm writing this not as the prince I was born but as the man I have become. I've worn many hats over the years, both literally and figuratively, and my hope is that in telling my story— the highs and lows, the mistakes, the lessons learned — I can help show that no matter where we come from, we have more in common than we think.'
I apologize in advance because I don't want this to sound sarcastic, and no matter how I type it, it's coming out that way. It's truly not meant to be.

Isn't that, down to the quote, exactly what I said?
Old 07-19-2021, 06:08 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Last week a ludicrous discussion about font sizes has be deleted by the mod. team from the Sussex-thread. It has shocked the mod. team as it has shown just how obsessive and how toxic the discussion is and how entrenched posters are in their positions. After several years of constant fights we simply can not go on like this.

To underline the above: this thread -which was still open until today- escalated within 5 posts towards a cesspool of malicious speculation, slander and libel. All three are against TRF terms of service. Posts have been deleted.

The mod. team is therefore currently re-assessing the future of the Sussex-discussion in this forum. ALL Sussex-threads will remain closed until a decision has been made about if and how this topic can be discussed in the future.

In the mean time do not post any Sussex-related information anywhere else on this forum. It will be considered as an attempt to undermine moderation and will be dealt with accordingly.

Tags
prince harry, prince harry of wales