Books on the Duke and Duchess of Sussex

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In regards to Tom Bower's new biography on Meghan, he himself has previously written an article for The Sun after the explosive interview with Oprah's. I could only described the overall style of the article as a fictional short story. The Sun article is scathing and overtly critical of Meghan to say the least.

TOM BOWER Meghan Markle wanted to be Queen… Oprah interview is her revenge
FINDING fame and fortune in Hollywood has been Meghan Markle’s burning ambition for over 30 years.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14256882/meghan-markle-wanted-to-be-queen-tom-bower/

Thank you QueenMathilde for sharing the Meaww's article that does include a link to The Sun's article from a post in a different thread (#2158 on The Duke & Duchess of Sussex & Family - General News March 2021 -).

Last edited:
Breaking news!
Random House is honored to announce a forthcoming memoir by Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex, to be published globally in late 2022.
In an intimate and heartfelt memoir from one of the most fascinating and influential global figures of our time, Prince Harry will share, for the very first time, the definitive account of the experiences, adventures, losses, and life lessons that have helped shape him.
https://t.co/NUzXwntuKq

Last edited:
How unsurprising. He found another way to milk (i.e., make a profit of) his royal background.

It is good to know that this will be the definitive account; so, after the book there is nothing to be added/left to said (but I thought that was also the premise of the interview).

Last edited:
Oh my. Well, I certainly hope that he's been very thorough and has some very, very solid documentation because I think it goes without saying that the RF and their legal representatives will be very, very carefully reviewing every word.

Per the story in the Daily Mail, "Prince Harry will donate proceeds to charity, according to Random House".

How wonderful that Prince Harry will be raising millions of dollars for charity!

Per the story in the Daily Mail, "Prince Harry will donate proceeds to charity, according to Random House".

How wonderful that Prince Harry will be raising millions of dollars for charity!

If Harry is doing this and donating the proceeds to charity, I hope its a best seller. I wonder who the author(s) will be? I'll probably buy the book but wait until it's on my "supplier" website for cheap. :D

If Harry is doing this and donating the proceeds to charity, I hope its a best seller. I wonder who the author(s) will be? I'll probably buy the book but wait until it's on my "supplier" website for cheap. :D

Reports I'm reading indicate that J.R. Moehringer is the ghostwriter...

I wonder if we'll be notified which charity or charities will be the recipients? Will it be Sentabale or Invictus? Or will it be those patronages that he's retained that are located in the UK?

My guess is that it'd be a charity or organization affiliated with Archewell.

Breaking news!
Random House is honored to announce a forthcoming memoir by Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex, to be published globally in late 2022.
In an intimate and heartfelt memoir from one of the most fascinating and influential global figures of our time, Prince Harry will share, for the very first time, the definitive account of the experiences, adventures, losses, and life lessons that have helped shape him.
https://t.co/NUzXwntuKq

No, no, it's not by Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex, it's by "the man he has become."

:lol::lol:

No, no, it's not by Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex, it's by "the man he has become."

:lol::lol:

That isn't what he said. What he said was more nuanced. He said:

'I'm writing this not as the prince I was born but as the man I have become. I've worn many hats over the years, both literally and figuratively, and my hope is that in telling my story— the highs and lows, the mistakes, the lessons learned — I can help show that no matter where we come from, we have more in common than we think.'

Proceeds or "the proceeds"? I haven't read the Daily Mail story yet.

1% of all proceeds is still proceeds. Was this part specified?

That isn't what he said. What he said was more nuanced. He said:

'I'm writing this not as the prince I was born but as the man I have become. I've worn many hats over the years, both literally and figuratively, and my hope is that in telling my story— the highs and lows, the mistakes, the lessons learned — I can help show that no matter where we come from, we have more in common than we think.'

I apologize in advance because I don't want this to sound sarcastic, and no matter how I type it, it's coming out that way. It's truly not meant to be.

Isn't that, down to the quote, exactly what I said?

Last week a ludicrous discussion about font sizes has be deleted by the mod. team from the Sussex-thread. It has shocked the mod. team as it has shown just how obsessive and how toxic the discussion is and how entrenched posters are in their positions. After several years of constant fights we simply can not go on like this.

To underline the above: this thread -which was still open until today- escalated within 5 posts towards a cesspool of malicious speculation, slander and libel. All three are against TRF terms of service. Posts have been deleted.

The mod. team is therefore currently re-assessing the future of the Sussex-discussion in this forum. ALL Sussex-threads will remain closed until a decision has been made about if and how this topic can be discussed in the future.

In the mean time do not post any Sussex-related information anywhere else on this forum. It will be considered as an attempt to undermine moderation and will be dealt with accordingly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom