Books on Current and Recent British Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Martine

Serene Highness
City
Hildesheim
Country
Germany
One must have chaos in oneself
in order to give birth to a dancing star.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Scotland 1997
An image full of laughter and joy which shows that Beatrice really lived every minute of her childhood.

Attachments

• m004.jpg
    m004.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 506
Last edited by a moderator:
There is as silence into which
the world cannot intrude.
There is an ancient peace
you carry in your heart
and have not lost.
The Bahamas 1998

I've absolutely no idea how i managed to get Eugenie's hair, bucket and foot all going in the same direction.

Attachments

• m005.jpg
    m005.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 499
The supreme happiness of life
is the conviction that we are
loved.
Victor Hugo

Scotland 2000
A mother is always a rock, but from the very beginning a father's role is one which can never be replaced.

Attachments

• m006.jpg
    m006.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 416

Attachments

• m007.jpg
    m007.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 380
It took years for us to find our own pace,
to create a silence in which to hear only
the sound of our own footsteps and not feel
that the silence was a lonely emptiness.
Polly Devlin

'Sisters'

The Bahamas 2000
Granny may live in a castle but my girls love building them !

Attachments

• m013.jpg
    m013.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 552

Attachments

• m014.jpg
    m014.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 470

Attachments

• m015.jpg
    m015.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 459
Our greatest experiences are our quitest moments.
Friedrich Nietzsche
Beatrice Thailand 1992
Innocence and youth: an instance captured, the magical soul of my daughter, Beatrice

Attachments

• beatrice.JPG
    beatrice.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 442
Stand through life firm as a rock in the sea, undisturbed and unmoved by its ever-rising waves.
Hazrat Inayat Khan

The Bahamas 1998
I love the way my girls take time to feel, to see and to ponder...

Attachments

• eugenie.JPG
    eugenie.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 497
Four arms.Four legs.
One heart.One mind.
One Soul.Always.

Haydee Scull
from 'Sisters'

Seilans , France 1999
My angels...

Attachments

• both.JPG
    both.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 425
Eugenie, Norfolk 1997
The innocent flight of youth.

Attachments

• eugenie2.JPG
    eugenie2.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 476
Blessed is the influence of one true, loving Human soul on another.
George Eliot

Mum and Eugenie, Scotland 1997
Mum cherished Eugenie's every mischievous moment - in Eugenie, I think, she saw herself when she was a child.

Attachments

• eugenie3.JPG
    eugenie3.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 379
nice pics!

I like that pictures that father and daughter Prince Andrew and kids playful!

Sara Boyce

Lovely pictures, however, isn't there some sorta' copyright law along with that "Memories" book there? :blink:

Great pictures! These are all from Sarah's book of photography, right? Who knew Sarah was such a talented photographer, too?

Originally posted by moosey60@Sep 2nd, 2003 - 9:34 pm
Lovely pictures, however, isn't there some sorta' copyright law along with that "Memories" book there? :blink:
I don't know , but isn't it the same for all pictures posted here. none of the pics of the royals is taken by fans, so i don't think it's a problem

Originally posted by Alexandria@Sep 2nd, 2003 - 9:40 pm
Great pictures! These are all from Sarah's book of photography, right? Who knew Sarah was such a talented photographer, too?
yeh they are all from the book. Sarah is really a great photographer , i was amazed too. the other pics in the book are great too. there's one of a boat on the sea with the sun going down; i really love that one

Pictures on the internet aren't subject to the same copyright laws as those of books.

Originally posted by moosey60@Sep 3rd, 2003 - 7:20 pm
Pictures on the internet aren't subject to the same copyright laws as those of books.
How is that? I am far from an authority on the subject have only a basic knowledge of copyright (more patents, ie. TRIPS), but it is my understanding that the same laws apply to a piece of copyrighted material regardless of whether it is in an electronic or more traditional (book) format. Of course, these laws vary from country to country, which is why there is an international framework to which the majority of trading economies are signatories.

Perhaps the difference is enforcement, which would explain why sites such as corbis sign their name across their images. This way they receive credit and a little publicity when their copyrighted images show up on sites like these... :innocent:

If I ever find the answer I will let you know before they cart all of us off to jail. ;)

Current and Recent British Royals

A book was featured in last week's edition of the New Idea, about Prince Philip and his wit. There were extracts of the book, which I have taken photos of for the forum
Information on the book:
Title: The Duke of Hazard: The Wit & Wisdom of Prince Philip
Author: Phil Darniper & Ashley Walton (New Idea writers, according to the magazine)
Publisher: Guild Publishing

*Some of the extracts you can't read, because of the flash from my camera.

#3 - a close up of the one in the top-righthand corner of #1
Source: Photos of my own copy

"The Women of Windsor" by Catherine Whitney

I just got back from my local Barnes & Noble & I found a new book. Its called The Women of Windsor by Catherine Whitney. According the the B&N website it came out in April of '06. The book is about The Queen Mum, The Queen, Princess Margaret & Princess Anne. Has anyone read it or heard about this book? If you have read it, what are your thoughts about it.

Last edited:
It sounded a bit interesting, at first. Mostly because of Princess Margaret and Princess Anne, about whom I haven't read all that many biographies...

but then I found this quote on the Barnes and Noble page about the book:
Whitney's treatment of "the women of Windsor" (the queen mother, the queen, Princess Margaret, and Princess Anne) opens, oddly enough, with a prolog not about any of them but instead criticizing the late Princess of Wales ("Drama Queen") and Prince Charles ("the queen's biggest headache"). Whitney (The Calling: A Year in the Life of an Order of Nuns) then goes over familiar ground in this superficial work-the abdication of Edward VIII, the marriage of Elizabeth and Philip, Princess Margaret's affair with Peter Townsend, the attempted kidnapping of Princess Anne, etc., unable to go into any depth owing to the amount of ground she must cover in well under 300 pages.

- from Library Journal, Liz Mellett, P.L. of Brookline, MA

I'll probably see about getting it, but the review didn't make it sound overly tempting.

I've read it, and it does skip around a bit, and I wouldn't recommend it to any Diana fanatics, but it's a quick summer read. She's very sympathetic towards both the Queen Mum and Princess Margaret.

Are there any good pictures in the book? It sounds interesting enough for a summer read. I'll have to go check it out at my local Barnes and Nobles. Thanks for telling us Jennifer! :)

Not really, no. If you have other books on the Windsors, you've seen these pictures, and they're all in black and white, too.

I read this book and I was not impressed. Unfortunately, she gets some of her dates wrong. I think Harry's birthday is one of them and there were a couple of others.

I did not like the style that it was written in. Almost like an Ingrid Seward with bated breath and all that. For example, supposedly when the Queen Mother died, Princess Anne came to be with the Queen and then later the Queen was happy she was there. And the Queen is thinking about how proud she is of her, blah, blah. It was like she was putting thoughts in her head and I thought it was ridiculous.

I think the idea of the book is good and I was looking forward to it. However, if you know much about the family, there is nothing really new. Basically, its a new opportunity to slam Diana!!!:ohmy::rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom