The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-02-2020, 08:36 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

This thread is about books & biographies of the Duke and/or the Duchess of Sussex.

Upcoming biographies and books can be discussed in this thread. Three previous biographies have been discussed in their own threads.

You can find those books in these threads:

Royals at War: The Untold Story of Harry and Meghan's Shocking Split with the House of Windsor

Finding Freedom: Harry and Meghan and the Making of a Modern Royal Family

Meghan and Harry: The Real Story

Battle of Brothers

Until a new book is announced this thread will remain closed. Please contact me by PM if information about a new book needs to be discussed & this threads needs to be opened.

Old 01-03-2021, 07:56 AM
Serene Highness

Samantha Markle's Diary of a Pushy Princess, part 1

okay - so getting ready for a lot of flack here . Samantha Markle's Diary of a Pushy Princess's Sister part 1 - please change title.
I will be buying this book - with my well earned Amazon points from Christmas :)

I know that Samantha Markle isnt the most trusted source on the planet, but at this point in time - I really think we need to look high and low for the truth regarding Meghan and Harry. I am also quite curious on Samantha take on things - Meghan's family side of the story. Either way I feel it might have the same amount of truth in it as Hugo Vickers and Omid Scoobie's.

So looking forward to its release. I am a bit intrigued by the part 1 in the title - apparently 2 years of research, interviews ect have gone into this. Could it be that she has done the most research for a book released on the couple?

Old 01-03-2021, 08:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm not the Sussexes biggest fan but i find rather disturbing to have Hugo Vickers and Samantha Markle in the same sentence...
We need an unbiased view on the Sussexes, not an hagiography Scobie's style nor an expected pure trash like this one.
It does'nt help, really.
Old 01-03-2021, 08:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
All I'll say is that this book has been added to my "must to avoid" list.

Now where's my Herman's Hermit's CD again? hmmmmm....
Old 01-03-2021, 08:28 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I'm not the Sussexes biggest fan but i find rather disturbing to have Hugo Vickers and Samantha Markle in the same sentence...
We need an unbiased view on the Sussexes, not an hagiography Scobie's style nor an expected pure trash like this one.
It does'nt help, really.
Yep - it was that kind of year. Never though it would happen as well.

I would love an unbias account myself - unlikely to happen in my life time - Still waiting on a Princess of Wales one as well. What is it that historians say - you need five generations to pass before popular opinion can pass into history that can be objectively observed. I feel the internet and mass media have changed that time frame as well.
Old 01-03-2021, 08:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
All I'll say is that this book has been added to my "must to avoid" list.

Now where's my Herman's Hermit's CD again? hmmmmm....
Oh dear! I understand that reference.
Old 01-03-2021, 08:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

What happened with discretion and "do not hang the family's laundry outside'?

Usually the in-law family of royals are stony silent and categorically refuse cooperation with media.
Old 01-03-2021, 08:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
What happened with discretion and "do not hang the family's laundry outside'?
Perhaps Samantha should have followed the precedent set by the Duchess and had her friends speak to Omid on her behalf!

Jokes aside, I think the book will be complete trash, and barring Samatha and her publishers who will make a few bob, nobody will benefit from its publication.
Old 01-03-2021, 08:49 AM
Courtier

I suppose I'm morbidly curious if she comes up with anything that she hasn't already spewed and can substantiate. I doubt it though. She's definitely not an unbiased source to say the least. However I guess she has the right to publish or self publish as much as anyone else.

I would like a decent, well researched book that explores their good and bad points rather than Omid on one hand and this on the other and assuming that there's a grain of truth in both and mostly it's somewhere in the middle.
Old 01-03-2021, 09:23 AM
Serene Highness

Did Hugo Vickers write a book about Harry and Meghan? In addition to the book by Scobie and Durand, Lady Colin Campbell wrote a book about Harry and Meghan and Robert Lacey wrote a book about William and Harry.
Old 01-03-2021, 09:25 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Claude View Post
Did Hugo Vickers write a book about Harry and Meghan. In addition to the book by Scobie and Durand, Lady Colin Campbell wrote a book about Harry and Meghan and Robert Lacey wrote a book about William and Harry.
My sincere apologies - mean Lacey
Old 01-03-2021, 09:30 AM
Majesty

Considering that Samantha hasn't seen her half sister since 2008 and has never even spoken to Harry, I can't imagine what usefulness this book is in discovering anything about either of them. Samantha also left the Markle home she shared with her father and siblings before she was twenty, when Meghan was a small child.

I find the delay in publishing and the fact that Samantha seems to be self-publishing this interesting. If there was anything considered a bombshell revaluation about the book then one would think that publishers would have been knocking on her door with large contracts for the last two years since she first announced she was going to write it.
Old 01-03-2021, 09:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Did Hugo Vickers write a book about Harry and Meghan. In addition to the book by Scobie and Durand, Lady Colin Campbell wrote a book about Harry and Meghan and Robert Lacey wrote a book about William and Harry.
Vickers is well above that i guess .... i don't think he will loose his reputation and his good connections with the BRF with the Sussexes hot potatoe.
Old 01-03-2021, 09:41 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
My sincere apologies - mean Lacey
Ok, Phew!!! Because I'm planning to read more books written by Hugo Vickers

I actually enjoyed reading The Quest for Queen Mary by James Pope-Hennessy and edited by Hugo Victors himself. I appreciated Victors' annotation at the bottom of the page with references.

Thank goodness, I can still regard Hugo Victors as a respected Royal author.

I have almost lost count on the number books written about Harry & Meghan. Apart from the three books listed kindly by Queen Claude (thank you very much ), there are also Meghan Misunderstood by Sean Smith (2020) and Meghan: A Hollywood Princess by Andrew Morton (2018).

Like previous posters have mentioned, Samantha Markle's Diary of a Pushy Princess is going to be as one-sided and over fictionalised as Finding Freedom (Omid Scobie and Caroline Durand), Meghan and Harry: The Real Story (Lady Collin Campbell), Battle of Brothers: William, Harry and the Inside Story of A Family in Tumult (Robert Lacey) and Meghan Misunderstood (Sean Smith)
Old 01-03-2021, 12:42 PM
Royal Highness

I had to change my original post after seeing the Barnes and Noble website. The "book" is advertised as [...][Samantha's] memoir - her life, not Meghan's. And about how [...][Samantha] and the Markles are viewed in the media. People expecting an all out hit piece will be disappointed. I should have known Barnes and Noble would not leave itself vuneranble to a Sussex lawsuit.
Old 01-03-2021, 05:10 PM
Heir Apparent

I admit to being curious. If I can buy the book for next-to-nothing at a remainder bookshop in due course (which might be quite soon), I might buy it. There could be something interesting in there that touches on Meghan's life in some way. I have found that useful pieces of information can be obtained from unlikely sources.
Old 02-04-2021, 03:41 AM
Royal Highness

[.....] {Samantha Markle's} "book" comes out this week. Subjects so far:

Pap-gate: Sam admits to getting the photographer for the staged photos of Dad but the deal is to make him look good. Fail

Sam claims Meghan's first marriage ended because she cheated on him with a Suits costar according to "the grapevine" (her words). Meaningless unless Trevor corroborates but that will open him up to scrunity.

Sam went after the queen for not postponing the wedding after his alleged heart attack.
Old 02-04-2021, 03:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
After reading what is posted about what is in this book, I realize that I've already read too much. This book definitely gets a miss from me.
Old 02-04-2021, 06:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

I suspect the new book will be the polar opposite of the Scobie paen.
Old 02-04-2021, 07:10 AM
Majesty

Whatever the tone of it it's debatable that this book has much to say about Meghan's life. Sam left home and father as a teenager, spent her twenties and thirties marrying, divorcing twice and having children in another State and hasn't spoken to or seen Meghan since 2008. She's admitted that herself.

She wasn't at Meghan's first wedding or her second. Samantha may pretend that she knows a lot about her half sister but in fact has little information to impart. .