"1015 København K" by Trine Villemann (2007)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So because the pink mags print it, it's true? Hmm, I'm likely to question everything a women's magazine has to say.

It isn't journalism, it's trash bag gossip.
I said there are articles in women's magazines about him. I didn't say they're true, and I don't care if they're true or not. Makes no difference to me.

Precisely :flowers:
.......I am sure Ms. Villemann is smiling all the way to the bank :cool:
That is the idea! A few people made good money writing books about the late Diana, Princess of Wales.

Last edited by a moderator:
She will sell a few copies here in Australia, I think, but people are not very interested in the Danish royal family here. Maybe in Tasmania.
< ed political comment >

But to my information, many Australian's are intrested in Mary. This is not about the royal family but about Frederik & Mary.

"Even if I have enough material to end the monarchy, I'm not after doing it," says the author

Sigh, that is exactly what Edwin de Roy van Zuydewijn said in 2003..and 2004 and 2005 and 2006...and 2007... but we are still waiting here.
So just a trick to sell more copies me thinks.

Well we'll just have to wait and see if the author's saying the truth. Is she a respectable author, I mean the percentage of telling/writing stories is high? If she is, and she's formerly working with the DRF, I think I'm very curious to read her book but I'm not buying it! :lol: These stories are always present to royal families.;)

I wouldn't count on seeing this type of book :)
If a creditable book on a royal couple's relationship was to be written, in order to be creditable it would have to be written by the couple itself or close family and/or friends who appeared as named sources. I don't see this happening;)

Well, but if (for the case you are married) you and your husband would decide to publish a book, and if you would represent something, that is based on happiness and "ideal world" would you then tell everything? Also everything about the bad and dark days in your marriage, the thing, that annoy you?
And your friend...would he/she spill dirt over you?

I´m here with GlitteringTiaras I wanna see both sides of the debate. IMO 100% functional families don´t exist, esp. if we include grown-up brothers, sisters, in-laws etc.
But the thing is, that Royals need to represent happy functional families. And there are (here for example ;)) ppl, who want to see this side. One has enough boring, un-glittering dysfunctional things in the own life.
For this side official books get published, with photoshopped pictures and quotes on humanitarian or cultural issues.
And one can buy mags like HOLA, Billed Bladet or Svensk Damtidning, which concentrate on the sweet and glittering sides.

But there are also ppl, who wanna see, that their families are better and more functional than these hyped and praised "public families" (Royals or certain celebs) and those are happy about every piece of scandal, that shows them, that those aren´t perfect either.
And for those books like this one get published. Just as the court-published books don´t show everything, these scandal books and EB articles don´t do it either.
There surely is some truth in both.
That she has to work with anonymous or 2nd hand sources is clear. Ppl are always fast with telling nice things about others in public, but the unpleasant things are mostly told the "underhand way" That´s malicious, but surely a part of human nature. Of course this makes her theories a bit weak seeming, but this doesn´t mean, that everything is wrong.

The thing, that is a little surprising for me, is that many here are upset about the things, that are written about Mary and Frederik in the book. For me this part seems (so far...as the book isn´t out yet) to be a mix out of "common knowledge" and perception (that is shared of some, but not all, ppl)
Frederik has self spoken out about his unhappy childhood, we know, that he thought about committing suicide. Surely he is matured and surely an own family made things easier. But really...if I´m taking the real life approach...most ppl, who are having issues with their life, who are uncertain about things and who lacked support in their childhood, keep this all their life.
And if one looks at his schedule, his lack of a real thread...esp. in comparison to his "Scandi colleagues" Victoria and Haakon*, it´s hard to deny, that becoming a king isn´t his thing.
As it seems to adress these issues was even quite popular for the Royal house in his twens, but now they are (have to) promoting a mature guy...which makes sense, as he is nearly 40, married and a father of two.
But why should one not adress this matter again. Trine isn´t the only one seeing Joachim as better candidate and Mary a bit "struggling" as she seems to lack support (I´m knowing, that not all here are sharing this opinion ;))

My favourite candidate for Frederik would have been Bettina...and I´m not seeing a problem telling that. But it´s also clear to me, that she is not the one, he married and that for some reason there wasn´t enough chemistry (either from Bettina´s, or Frederik´s or the Queen´s side ;))

The thing, that is rather juicy/cheap for me is, that she is implying this with Joachim and Alexandra, but not telling it (either because she really doesn´t know it or because she wants to make her book more interesting)
This makes ppl speculating and is actually more harming than telling her facts/rumour/guess...as so the ppl involved could deny it or could admit it.
So now of course the old "Jocke is gay"-rumour gets re-warmed :rolleyes:

So conclusion...surely not everything in the book is accurate. A lot of things are based on "personal view", but that´s the very same with the more pink reports on the DRF. The truth is probably somewhere in between Billed Bladet and EB...and both publications have their positive functions.
I´m personally thinking about getting this book, fighting myself through it with my bad Danish and so allowing Trine´s (dys)functional family a happy Christmas.
Just as I´d maybe get the next court supported book, which would allow its author a nice Christmas as well ;)

*I know...I know...this discussion is so beaten ;) *g* :deadhorse:

Last edited:
Presisly, some swallow Billedbladets writing as THE truth about the royals and some swallow Ekstrabladets truth. And just because a book or a documentary is approved by the Court it does IMO not mean it is the whole truth. Take the documentary about Queen Sonja for her birthday. It was all about how hard working she is, what a perfectionist she is, how sporty she is, how much she adores her grandchildren, how much she wants to do well for Norway and how difficult the time before the marriage was. Is this the truth, maybe, but is it the whole truth just because it was approved by the court? It did not touch on the subjects that press sometimes like to write about, that she is a difficult boss, that she demands to much of the staff, that she is bossy with ehr husband, that she spends much money and that she did not like her children in law before the marriages etc etc. Is this no the truth because it was not included in the docu? Where does this come from then, puerly fabrication? or is it a case of where there are fsmoke there is atleast a little fire? So maybe the real Queen Sonja is somehow inbetween theese two characterisitcs and IMO it makes her more human and more likable than the uber woman the court tries to sell, and I guess it is the same for the danish royals. I personally get dizzy about some of the stuff Billedbladet serves (who can remeber the everything is perfect between Joachim and ALexandra article the day before the divorce was anounced), and I absolutly does not belive everything Ekstrabladet comes up with.

Of course my favourite appraoch is to belive everything negative about Alexandra and then in the next sentence say that everything bad written about Mary and Frederik from the same sources are absolutely bogus and mean spirited;)

I agree with my fellow posters who want both sides of the "story -- no matter how extreme either side is. Before Andrew Morton's book and Princess Diana's Panorama interview, no one could believe just what was happening or was reality in the Charles-Diana marriage or the British Royal family.

Usually the truth is somewhere in between.

Let's get that book translated into English and each reader can decide what's the truth for himself or herself.

Some of the articles on the internet about the book alluded to Princess Mary's difficult transition from being an anonymous person to a Crown Princess. Can't we all agree that that is probably based in some truth. I cannot imagine going from my free, easy-going lifestyle where I can come and go as I please without anyone monitoring me to one where I am the focus of photographers and bodyguards with every moment of a "public" day scripted and scheduled. Mary is human just like the rest of us.

I definitely agree with the posters here who say that the real facts about royals probably lie somewhere between the sugar-coated articles from the gossipy 'ladies' magazines' and the routinely negative reports from other parts of the media.
This book could have had a real purpose and could have been really interesting if it had only been written by someone whose only purpose was not to enrich herself. I took a look at her blog - villemann.com - and the first couple of posts all end in advertising for her new book with calls for buying it.
I cannot see Georg Metz, Thøger Seidenfaden or any of the journalists from Berlingske Tidende publishing a book of this kind and then come up with these constant calls to buy, buy, buy it!
My reservations with this book lie mainly with the auther and her reputation for being a gossipy journalist. She proudly characterises herself as 'loud-mouthed' and she is correct. But somehow, sounding like a fish wife on print doesn't make her really creditable in my eyes. Not that she cares - she has already carried through her intention with all the attention her book has already got.

imo, its hard to believe who is saying the truth
Her&Nu representative says via DRW

Trine Villemann's book is based on hearsay, rumour and supposed anonymous sources.

and
this article says:
Villemann said she reached her opinion of the royal marriage after speaking with family, friends, and past and present employees of the couple.

So how did she get the whole scope? there is a limit in what an employe will know unless she is a housemaid, nanny

Berlingske Tidende comments on her book here Bogbjerget - Kultur - and this newspaper's conclusion is that 'Trine Villemann documents absolutely nothing in her book. N o t h i n g.' The complaints are especially focused on the use of 'sources' which are all apparently undocumented (there are even quotes from a source's late mother :D)

I will not by the book - nor read it. The review by Berligske Tidende is sufficient for me - I have got better things spending my life dooing then reading undocumentet tittle-tattle.

When it comes to the DRF - I don't need to finde any truth either. They are what they are: Symbols.

Underneath the symbols, yes, they are human beings. But that part of their lives, in my point of view, belonges to their very private spheres. Trine Villeman is sticking her greedy nose into that sphere and her nose has nothing to do there. I will not help her profit from that.

I want to echo the opinions of those who question the credibility of the writer of this book. There is always more than one side to a story. Of course any royal family will always present themselves in a positive light. They are bias quite naturally, and also by necessity due to their position. Besides, no one should ever wash his or her dirty laundry in public, there is nothing to be gained from it.

Is it possible that F&M are unhappy? Of course, anything is possible. If it’s true that the marriage is crumbling, there are two options: a) they can get a divorce and end their unhappiness (Fred has the good example of little brother) or b) If they decide that there is too much at stake and choose to bare and grin it, Jackie Kennedy should be of inspiration to Mary. The choice seems to be, bow out gracefully or go to your grave having made the ultimate sacrifice.

If some other party wishes to present the other side of the story, in my opinion, he/she needs to provide evidence upon which to base their sides. Otherwise, hearsay is regarded as gossip and there are plenty of mediums such - as magazines and Internet - why waste the time in a book. I don’t think pointing out the obvious with statement like - Mary had a difficult time adjusting to her new home and environment – is newsworthy. Since I have not read the book, I’m basing my view of this money making venture on hearsay as well. My question is: what is the usefulness of writing a book about the potential demise of the marriage?

I hope they are content with their life and not acting, but in the event that a divorce should be announced sometime in the future, when and if that happens, I will be very sorry for all involved.

I will not by the book - nor read it. The review by Berligske Tidende is sufficient for me - I have got better things spending my life dooing then reading undocumentet tittle-tattle.

If one thinks the review of Berlinske Tidende is quite negative - JP is ripping Trine Villemann and her book to pieces.

jp.dk - Det siges, at ...

Considering the fact that Berlinske Tidende and JP are serious albeit conservative newspapers and not tabloids or gossip magazines Trine Villemanns reputation is allready in question regarding this book.

I hope they are content with their life and not acting, but in the event that a divorce should be announced sometime in the future, when and if that happens, I will be very sorry for all involved.

I remmber Mary saying in an Interview with reports & with Frederik that they would never come to a divorce, they will try & work things out but no divorce.

At the end of the day, those who worship Mary will dismiss this as a fabrication, those who dislike her will praise its truth.

It's pertinent to point out though that nobody saw Alex and Joachim's split and it was a huge shock to everybody.

At the end of the day, those who worship Mary will dismiss this as a fabrication, those who dislike her will praise its truth.

It's pertinent to point out though that nobody saw Alex and Joachim's split and it was a huge shock to everybody.

Very true, said in simple form ;)

so what option would the neutral people have? to say the truth is somewhere in the middle? IMHO that is not always true and considering the gutter journalism by this lady, I am more inclined to say that many/most of her ´facts´were fabricated or blown out of proportions.

Maybe, though the book isn't about Mary, it's about the DRF. And if one wants to believe Berlinske Tidende than in the book the bad ones are the Queen and Alexandra and the good ones are Joachim and Mary.

Where the Australien press has got its quotes from - I don't know - but I am sure it is not Mary.

The Danish Royal Family isn't dysfunctional - the only dysfunctional thing connecter to the DRF, are those mediocre journaliste writing for unreliable magazines and tasteless publishing houses, because serious and trustworthy medias woun't employ them.

Lilla, the Australian press got its quotes from the book itself. It was reported that the author said the DRF was dyfunctional, certainly not Mary.

In reality, I believe that there are probably ups and downs in the marriage as I know of not one marriage which doesn't experience these things, from time to time. However, I can't reconcile what's known about Mary with the picture of her allegedly offered in this book. She isn't a weak woman at all, and, unlike Princess Diana, most assuredly wasn't raised to be a compliant and obliging woman in any partnership - few of us in Australia are. I can understand that she might have had her moments when pregnant, but she bounced back rather quickly after the birth of both her children, and this usually doesn't denote a disturbed, unhappy, jealous or resentful woman in my opinion.

The impression which I've gleaned from the newspaper reports here is that the book is not just gossipy but nasty. It will probably never be translated into English (too few interested readers, and Australia is a small market) so I'll never be in a position to judge, though I instinctively believe that much of it will be fabrication. And no, I don't worship Mary! (what a strange suggestion).

I don't believe she was referring to you or anyone as worshiping Mary in its purest definition of the word, Polly. Perhaps the word support may be a better choice, but certainly not "worship".

Second, it seems Berligske Tidende, just as some would claim Trine to be, has an adgenda as well. Don't most news media have a corner/side they claim? Example, for we Americans: FoxNews vs. CNN vs MSNBC. The Washington Post vs. LA Times vs Honolulu Advertiser.

Berligske Tidende is a conservative paper that supports the DRF and vemently despises any sort of gossipy papers as well as journalists. Including those from Billed Bladet. Essentially, it makes sense that they would target the book as being "nasty".

I've said it before, and I will say it again: I'm a grown woman who is not influenced by the masses. I would purchase this book, read it, and come to my own conclusions. It is easy for me to decipher/read between the lines whilst reading unauthorized biographies such as 1015 Kobenhaven.

:)

I've said it before, and I will say it again: I'm a grown woman who is not influenced by the masses. I would purchase this book, read it, and come to my own conclusions. It is easy for me to decipher/read between the lines whilst reading unauthorized biographies such as 1015 Kobenhaven.

:)
Hopefully, you live at a place where books are not as expensive as they are in Denmark. I would personally never pay the Danish price for this book when I can get the same sort of 'research' and hearsay in the weekly edition of Se&Hør ;)

Books here are not that expensive. How much will it be selling for in Denmark, Userdane?

The book is 199 DKK, which is around $40 USD.

I've said it before, and I will say it again: I'm a grown woman who is not influenced by the masses. I would purchase this book, read it, and come to my own conclusions. It is easy for me to decipher/read between the lines whilst reading unauthorized biographies such as 1015 Kobenhaven. :)

If you fell like doing that, you are in youre right to do so;). I am afraid you will be pritty bored while reading the book, as Jyllandsposten described it as beeing tremendously tiresome.

Actually UserDane, that's something I've noticed aswell. Just how expensive books are in Denmark. An Australian usually gets more for our money in Denmark, than in many other parts of the world, but the price of merchandise is more expensive.

Hope you're well :flowers:

The following is an extract from today's Crikey, a political and social e-commentary to which I pay to subscribe. The author of this piece is a very well-known and respected journalist and seems to have placed the whole issue in its proper perspective.

5. Princess Mary: Diana with a Dane

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Guy Rundle in Uppsala, writes:

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Members of Scandinavia's Australian expat community are currently in training in a secret location for a daring raid to rescue one of our own - our Mary, Princess of Denmark, prisoner of the castle.

[/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]According to Copenhagen 1015-K, an expose by veteran Danish royal watcher Trine Villemann (the title is the royals' postcode, it's a 90210 reference), Crown Prince Frederik never really wanted to be married, doesn't want to be King, and won't stop visiting his old girlfriends, a string of blonde, long-legged great Danes. Big women I mean, not dogs. This is Frederik, not Charles.

Mary hides in the castle from her dysfunctional in-laws, and from the Danish vowel pronunciation system, which even Danish children find impossible to learn.[/FONT]

According to reports in Denmark's Kvallposten, after being with Frederik when he met old girlfriend Bettin Odum at a fortieth birthday, "Mary bröt samman av svartsjuka och började gråta inför alla gästerna."

Which either means she bought salmon and then was sick all over it, or broke down and began to cry in front of all the guests. The latter I think.

Apparently Fred just wants to hang out with friends, while his younger brother Prince Joachim is more kinglike.

Our Mary is being unfavourably compared to Joachim's regal ex-wife Alexandra, and it's all wearing her down Diana-style, which is why first Kon-Tiki force is going in. Mind you, she should have realised on first meeting that her future in-laws' family were the raw material for Hamlet - at which point it would have been smart to slip out of the Slip Inn.

Many are saying that contrary to tradition it might have been better if Frederik had chosen a wife from among the Danish. Person not pastry. Though Princess Neenish was much loved before the First World War before being tragically eaten by Edward VII.

I just love the idea of the First Kon-Tiki Force of Australians in Scandinavia secretly training to storm the palace and rescue poor, beseiged Mary.

Rundle's article is the appropriate, and, I dare say, very Australian response to what sounds like an extraordinary book.

It's not correct that nobody saw A and J split. There were rumours of marriage crisis and divorce for quite some time. But at the end of the day, those who worshipped Alexandra dismissed them as fabrications.

As Binz already pointed out this book is not about Mary but about the whole DRF, the press is just focusing on the Mary parts because Mary is the one who sells.
As someone who studied history and doesn't like the sugary style of Billed-Bladet I would appreciate a more objective and even critical view of the royal house. But this is definitely nothing I or anyone else will get from EB.

It will be interesting to see how many books will be sold. I have the feeling it will be less than they hoped for. IMO the Danes may buy cheap magazines and newspapers but they don't buy expensive books to read negative assumptions and rumours (and that's all there is) about their royal house.

Back
Top Bottom