"1015 København K" by Trine Villemann (2007)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
I couldnt find the thread of articles of the Cp couple

Princess Mary struggling, says new book

October 12, 2007 09:10pm

THE fairytale marriage of Tasmanian-born Princess Mary and Danish Crown Prince Frederick is under strain, a new book about the royal family says - full article here

What do you think? Do you really believe in this or like myself, you think that his just another who pretends to get easy money....People always like to read and see the others disgrace and unhapiness

"1015 København K: Et kærligt og kritisk portræt af Kongehuset” written by former Billedbladet (and freelancing for Ekstrabladet) journalist Trine Villemann, is being published on Monday by Ekstrabladet's publishing company. The topic of the book is the Danish royal family, and judging by other interviews with the author - she takes great pride in stepping away from Billedbladet's "shiny pink" view of the world - and embraces the fact that she has been called one of the most "giving the subject one in the face"-journalists in Denmark.

"Even if I have enough material to end the monarchy, I'm not after doing it," says the author - Metroxpress - Ny bog blotter kongehuset

Last edited:
"Even if I have enough material to end the monarchy, I'm not after doing it," says the author

Well isn't that generous of her. :alien:

Though my Danish is still at the beginning level it's too bad this book won't be translated into English anytime soon... I would love to read it.

Trine Villemann's Book

Just read about a new book by Trine Villemann about the Danish crown prince. The book isn't here in Australia yet.
Is Trine Villemann a respected author? Does anyone know about this book?
Sorry if there is a thread about this already. If there is, could the moderator please delete this one.

I heard the author writes that Frederick should have married his ex girlfriend! If this is true - How trashy. Mary is a sophistocated woman/Australian/Princess and will rise above such nonsense.

Even if I have enough material to end the monarchy, I'm not after doing it," says the author - Metroxpress - Ny bog blotter kongehuset

That is a very good remark when it comes to advertising for the book - I doubt she has got material to end the monarchy - after all the queen isn't a murderer, prince Henrik isn't the chairman of a paedophile association, Frederik isn't planning a coup d'stat, Mary isn't participating in secret negotiations with the australians in order for Australia to occupy Denmark Joachim isn't pouring out poisonous chemicals to the enviroment and I doubt Marie has joiend forces whith the frence weaponindustry in order to bombarde Chopenhagen.

My guess is, that the only material the author has got, is material showing the CP Couple as ordinary human beings.

That is a very good remark when it comes to advertising for the book - I doubt she has got material to end the monarchy - after all the queen isn't a murderer, prince Henrik isn't the chairman of a paedophile association, Frederik isn't planning a coup d'stat, Mary isn't participating in secret negotiations with the australians in order for Australia to occupy Denmark Joachim isn't pouring out poisonous chemicals to the enviroment and I doubt Marie has joiend forces whith the frence weaponindustry in order to bombarde Chopenhagen.

My guess is, that the only material the author has got, is material showing the CP Couple as ordinary human beings.

LOL, Liilla.

Do they not realise that as they publish these articles and books, that Mary and Frederik are being photographed arm in arm at official enagagements or caught laughing at a common amusement...

I'd very much like to hear (though of course not likely, least of all possible) what HM The Queen has to say about the subject matter at hand.

I heard the author writes that Frederick should have married his ex girlfriend! If this is true - How trashy. Mary is a sophistocated woman/Australian/Princess and will rise above such nonsense.

Yes she mention's that, find that not very nice:neutral:
I dont know if all her information is a 100% true but I personally do believe that in every marriage there are up's & down's , its normal but what I see is that Frederik enjoy's being in Mary's company & sometimes when Frederik is away Mary does seem/look lonely. Though even when the book is out in english, im not wasting my $$ on it:)
at the end of this all, seems that the author prefers Frederik to have married a Dane & not happy with a foreigner:neutral:

Why Fred should not have wed Mary: author

CROWN Prince Frederik should not have married Mary Donaldson but stayed with his former flame, a sensational new book on the Danish royal family says - read article here

Maybe the author is a member of the opposition. Is the number of people who oppose the monarchy in Denmark small or fairly large?

at the end of this all, seems that the author prefers Frederik to have married a Dane & not happy with a foreigner:neutral:
I read that the royal family always marry foreigners. Surely the author knows that. She is just making money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Taree

It seems to me this writer is just trying to stir up trouble where none exists, chipping away at Mary and Frederick, at the Royal Family, planting all sorts of scenarios. Whatever the "might have beens" both Frederick and this girl moved on a long time ago. This book doesn't deserve shelf space.
Taree

Maybe the author is a member of the opposition. Is the number of people who oppose the monarchy in Denmark small or fairly large?

It is very, very small. Their is no debate in Denmark about whether we shall continue to be monarchy or not. We are a monarcy, has been so for 1000 thousand years and will probably be so for the next 1000 years. There is a very small extremly leftwing party who is against the monarcy, but they dont get much votes.

The author used to work for Frederik:neutral:

The author was a royal reporter for Billed Bladet then moved on to another magazine Ekstrabladet, again, discussing the latest happenings with the DRF.

If this person where a member of the opposition I highly doubt they would work for a paper that supports (i.e. Billed Bladet) the DRF as well as freelance for Ekstrabladet.

Nonetheless, it would be interesting to read the authors old articles from both magazines to see her tone towards the DRF. Of course, the editors of both mags could have steered her voice/tone towards their potential audience thus losing the authors perspective a bit.

I hope that all of you who are commenting on these pages are not contributing to this "author" by buying the book.
If people buy such crap as I see it, then you accept this type of journalistic.
I really hate this type of gossip

Trine Villeman is a freelancer and she seems to know how to make money: launch a book about royals/celebrities, use unnamed sources and then appeal to the readers' most base cravings for gossip. How surprising that she launches her book just before the Christmas sales starts :cool:

Berlingske Tidende comments on her book here Bogbjerget - Kultur - and this newspaper's conclusion is that 'Trine Villemann documents absolutely nothing in her book. N o t h i n g.' The complaints are especially focused on the use of 'sources' which are all apparently undocumented (there are even quotes from a source's late mother :D)

The article continues that the book is 'boring like hell and as predictable as the changing of the guards', and concludes by saying that one may wonder if anyone is capable of producing a worse book than this mess.

I hope that all of you who are commenting on these pages are not contributing to this "author" by buying the book.

Assumptions shouldn't be made about others motives for buying the book. If 1015 København is ever translated in English I would purchase it. Why? I'm intereseted to see what the author has to say... her perspective. It doesn't mean that I accept her argument and so forth. It clearly means that I am willing to hear both sides of the debate; hence, I am open to hear what anyone has to say about the DRF, then I will make my own conclusions.

If people buy such crap as I see it, then you accept this type of journalistic.

I completely disagree with you.

Is it better to blind oneself to others perspective? To ignore the other side; to pretend it doesn't exsist?

Or is better to hear all sides of the argument then come to your own -- not influenced by anyone mind you -- conclusion on a particular subject (this one being the DRF and their inner workings)? The latter is my belief.

Essentially, I would by the book!

She will sell a few copies here in Australia, I think, but people are not very interested in the Danish royal family here. Maybe in Tasmania.
< ed political comment >

The author used to work for Frederik:neutral:
Then I would say she is well-informed. I mean she knows him. There are articles in women's magazines here about how he is out a lot with his friends.

I'm more interested in the upcoming wedding.

I think it is about time there is a book based on Prince Frederik and Marys relationship, I would buy it. (if it is in English lol)

There are articles in women's magazines here about how he is out a lot with his friends.

So because the pink mags print it, it's true? Hmm, I'm likely to question everything a women's magazine has to say.

It isn't journalism, it's trash bag gossip.

Last edited:
Well, I'm not too pleased about this book, which, in the Australian press has quotes attached to it, such as -

'She said Princess Mary was finding it difficult to deal with the prince's "dysfunctional" family and had become an isolated figure who struggled to cope with her husband's visits to see ex-girlfriends.'

I'd be interested to hear from our Danish friends on this matter.

Is the Danish Royal Family regarded as 'dysfunctional'? besides the normal ups and downs between parents and children? (Well, I suppose that if one's Mum were Queen, then it might add additional strains).

Surprisingly, I've never imagined CP Mary as an isolated figure - quite the contrary, in fact. She always seems, to me, to be out and about and enjoying her position, and showing her great admiration for, and loyalty to every thing Danish!

I've also read reports that this book says that Fredrik doesn't want to be King, that the Danes don't want Mary as Queen consort, and that Joachim is the 'best son'. Also, the book claims (so these reports say) that Joachim was 'lost' because of his awful marriage and his 'bossy' wife who insisted that he divorce her, threatening to divulge ghastly family secrets if he didn't. If these reports are accurate, then Joachim's life has been an unhappy and unproductive one, due to Alex, alone. And why?: five minutes ago, Alex was almost 'top of the pops' in Denmark. How realistic can this new,ugly portrayal of her persona actually be?

I don't know what to make of these sorts of books and articles. The author, I've read, has her knowledge from 'friends' and ex-courtiers. Presumably, some of it may well be true, but I'd be more believing if some of these people were mentioned by name. In similar books about the late Princess of Wales, for instance, names are named!

In the interim, I continue to believe that Denmark is very lucky in its Crown Prince and Princess and its royal children, which is not to overlook Denmark's wonderful and clever Queen, who is admired by many of us around the globe for her strong independence, personal confidence, and elegance of spirit and national identityl

Here are some more quotes attributed directly to the author:

Mary had "locked herself in the royal palace and thrown away the key."
"The happy-go-lucky girl from Hobart with long hair and an easy smile has gone and we have this emaciated crown princess wearing all these designer clothes."
"It's not natural."

A touch of hyperbole perhaps? :D
This sounds more like the guff that gets served up as "fact" in the women's trash mags week in and week out for any number of celebrities and public figures.

She will sell a few copies here in Australia, I think, but people are not very interested in the Danish royal family here. Maybe in Tasmania.
< ed political comment >
Oh, sorry! I didn't know that was not allowed. I didn't know I was making a political comment. What I meant to say was that Ms Villemann will sell a few books only here in Australia because it isn't about the British royal family. I think a book about Prince William would sell more.

If this is also a political comment, please delete this post. I'm new here and am still finding out things. I signed up to see weddings.

Just to rectify the comment about this lady working for Fred at some time or the other, she did not. There is another book that has been written by an ex PET worker but the release has been put on hold.

With regards to some of the comments expressed by this lady regarding Fred visiting old flames, if this was so I am very sure pics would have appeared in magazines. One just has to look at the many pics posted of Fred and Mary together at functions to see that their marriage is not a facade. If it was then their body language in some pics would have shown it. I believe that anything negative written about any of the CPs in Europe will sell ahead of positive stories.

Stellad

Oh, sorry! I didn't know that was not allowed. I didn't know I was making a political comment. .
Discussion of the book and Australians' interest in Mary is welcomed; discussion of the preferred Australian Prime Minister is not.

Well, I'm not too pleased about this book, which, in the Australian press has quotes attached to it, such as -

'She said Princess Mary was finding it difficult to deal with the prince's "dysfunctional" family and had become an isolated figure who struggled to cope with her husband's visits to see ex-girlfriends.'

I'd be interested to hear from our Danish friends on this matter.

Is the Danish Royal Family regarded as 'dysfunctional'? besides the normal ups and downs between parents and children? (Well, I suppose that if one's Mum were Queen, then it might add additional strains)

Where the Australien press has got its quotes from - I don't know - but I am sure it is not Mary.

The Danish Royal Family isn't dysfunctional - the only dysfunctional thing connecter to the DRF, are those mediocre journaliste writing for unreliable magazines and tasteless publishing houses, because serious and trustworthy medias woun't employ them.

I think it is about time there is a book based on Prince Frederik and Marys relationship, I would buy it. (if it is in English lol)
I wouldn't count on seeing this type of book :)
If a creditable book on a royal couple's relationship was to be written, in order to be creditable it would have to be written by the couple itself or close family and/or friends who appeared as named sources. I don't see this happening;)

Just to rectify the comment about this lady working for Fred at some time or the other, she did not. There is another book that has been written by an ex PET worker but the release has been put on hold.

With regards to some of the comments expressed by this lady regarding Fred visiting old flames, if this was so I am very sure pics would have appeared in magazines. One just has to look at the many pics posted of Fred and Mary together at functions to see that their marriage is not a facade. If it was then their body language in some pics would have shown it. I believe that anything negative written about any of the CPs in Europe will sell ahead of positive stories.

Stellad
Precisely :flowers:
Trine Villeman is a gossip journalist who has collected her gossip in a 'book' filled with unnamed sources (how reliable is that!?) released just in time for the Christmas sale.
If she had been a respected journalist who had a reputation for being thorough in her preparations for her articles/books, who knew how to handle sources etc. I would pay some attention to this book. But IMO she doesn't fulfil any of these criteria.
IMO this book has already achieved more attention than it deserves. But I am sure Ms. Villemann is smiling all the way to the bank :cool:

this make 's me sick in the stomach.
this person is only interest in money.
billie-jo

Back
Top Bottom