"1015 København K" by Trine Villemann (2007)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
George Bush has actually visited Denmark twice; his last 'whirlwind' visit for about 24 hours almost drained the resources of the Danish police because of the huge security measures involved - including closing off an entire highway while he was using it :ermm:

Let us try to keep this thread dedicated to the book, please? Denmark/USA relations, Danish royals marrying foreigners… the discussions can be done on other parts of this forum.

Is the book available in English yet?

Status of Trine Villeman's Book on The Danish Royal Family.

I asked her about the status of the translation, of her book, into English and its future availability.

I received this e-mail back from Trine's husband. I edited out the parts that do NOT pertain to the book, itself.

Hi Abbie,

I am helping edit the book.Nine out of ten chapters are ready,and Trine is just updating and rewriting the opinion chapter -10.

We will make it available first as an ebook,which can be downloaded as a pdf file.

A paperback version should be ready in the summer.

Thanks for your interest.

We will e-mail you as soon as we have more solid information.
best wishes,

(Name with-held at my discretion)

Well, i just want to comment on Trine Villemann's book from the review of it in the Danish Royal Watchers website.....! How can she write that the Queen isn't a good mother and at the same time, say that CP Fredrik doesnt want to be King. To me, the Queen did best as she could because she was catapulted to the throne with a very very young family and had to put Denmark first and her own family second. Now with Fredriks own young family, i think QMII knows from her own experience that, he needs time with his own children at such a crucial developing age before he becomes king. thats all i want to express here.

Thank you :)

Well, i just want to comment on Trine Villemann's book from the review of it in the Danish Royal Watchers website.....! How can she write that the Queen isn't a good mother and at the same time, say that CP Fredrik doesnt want to be King. To me, the Queen did best as she could because she was catapulted to the throne with a very very young family and had to put Denmark first and her own family second. Now with Fredriks own young family, i think QMII knows from her own experience that, he needs time with his own children at such a crucial developing age before he becomes king. thats all i want to express here.

Can you please link us to the website from where you got this review?
Is the site in English?
I would love to read more reviews of Trine's book, actually.

-- Abbie

I'm not sure this is the right one, but here's a review of the book from Danish Royal Watchers:

Danish Royal Watchers: Trine Villemann's book worst of 2007 - book review

and an interview with the author (this is the one which talks about the Queen not being a good mother):

Danish Royal Watchers: Danish monarchy: Politiken interviews Trine Villemann

Lovely!

Something in English that I can read :D

Thank you for this ... Yes, I do plan on getting the book, once it's out in English. The subject matter intrigues me, greatly, Elspeth.

-- Abbie

I would also love to read the book. It intrigues me what can I say. Although there are a lot of excerpts in the web that says about the Queen not being a good mother and Fred's recent royal birthday bash. Mary and Fred were highly criticized about the glamorous party they spent and not only one but 2 huge parties. They were criticized that at least one party was shared with the DAnes and not with other royal folks. They were really under fire now...

I would also love to read the book. It intrigues me what can I say. Although there are a lot of excerpts in the web that says about the Queen not being a good mother and Fred's recent royal birthday bash. Mary and Fred were highly criticized about the glamorous party they spent and not only one but 2 huge parties. They were criticized that at least one party was shared with the DAnes and not with other royal folks. They were really under fire now...
I don't know where you received this wrong information, but Mary and Fred are certainly not "under fire" in Denmark -- and that is the only country they should worry about.

I don't know where you received this wrong information, but Mary and Fred are certainly not "under fire" in Denmark -- and that is the only country they should worry about.

I read this from an article which is linked to another royal website. This was quoted as stated in the book. I was just posting what I've read from another article. I don't know if this is even right or wrong, I was just intrigued by what I read. Anyway, here's the link. Hope this works...

;)http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599/23906501-401,00.html

I don't know if this link works, hope it does. But you can search the article "Mary's losing natural touch". You may just search for this title.:)

I read this from an article which is linked to another royal website. This was quoted as stated in the book. I was just posting what I've read from another article. I don't know if this is even right or wrong, I was just intrigued by what I read. Anyway, here's the link. Hope this works...

;)http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599/23906501-401,00.html

I don't know if this link works, hope it does. But you can search the article "Mary's losing natural touch". You may just search for this title.:)

The link does not work for me. I'll search for the title.

Let me put my two cents worth here. If Mary had remained the free spirited Hobart girl she was she would be criticised that she did not behave as a princess. If the Danish Monarchy lasted as long as it did, without mingling with commoners I do not think a 40th birthday celebration or lack of, would turn people around one way or the other. Whether we like to admit to it or not, every family has some form of dysfunction so the guess that the DRF may or may not have, should be of no surprise.
I would read the book out of curiosity but not because I expect to read anything solid or new.

Mary and Fred were highly criticized about the glamorous party they spent and not only one but 2 huge parties. They were criticized that at least one party was shared with the DAnes and not with other royal folks. They were really under fire now...
Under fire .... LOL - you wish :D By whom and where were they supposedly critised?

Under fire .... LOL - you wish :D By whom and where were they supposedly critised?

By the author at least, and her sources... I suppose there will be other people critisizing the couple too since Denmark is not like Ira Levins' Stepford. Nothing wrong with that, constructive critisism should be appreciated to make the institution stronger.

True; but somehow I associate being 'under fire' with something that creates a bit more smoke and interesting discussions than just the usual articles in Se&Hør and EkstraBladet.

I would think it would be better if her family did not respond to gossip about Mary and her family. Dignified silence is much much better.

{deleted off-topic comment - Elspeth}

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever happened to maintaining a dignified silence?

I agree, Little_star. I think it only complicates matters now that her sister has said something about it. If it were me, I would have stayed quiet.

One of the things that makes TRF's incredibly successful is the vast array of opinions one can find here. With that being said, may I please ask members to refrain from belittling others whose opinion is the extreme opposite of yours. There is no reason to knock down your fellow TRF's member for it now is there? If you cannot control yourself, and refuse to hear an opposite opinion, I suggest that you do not post in this topic.

Furthermore, please stop this childish name calling when referring to Trine and her husband. Why? Because like you they are active members of this board. Second, I'm assuming more than half of you are adults... so act like it please.

Have a nice day and thank you for understanding.

GT:flowers:
Royal Library Mod.

Last edited:
I don't think the book should be completely written off as gibberish. I would have loved to see more of Mary the sporty australian women from the early days. Perhaps a look at Maxima and how she is still Maxima of old but princess trained could be a comparison. Frederik does not seem to have the same interest in hard work on behalf of his country as Felipe and Victoria. His preparation for taking over from the Queen seem to lack enthusiasm. Perhaps the book is too harsh but the next generation of royal regents will have a much harder time in making the monarchy relevant and it will take hard work and a very good relation to "your" people to be able to pass the crown on to the next generation. I don't think sailing and looking good in designer clothes will be a plus.

Last edited:
I don't think the book should be completely written off as gibberish. I would have loved to see more of Mary the sporty australian women from the early days. Perhaps a look at Maxima and how she is still Maxima of old but princess trained could be a comparison. Frederik does not seem to have the same interest in hard work on behalf of his country as Felipe and Victoria. His preparation for taking over from the Queen seem to lack enthusiasm. Perhaps the book is too harsh but the next generation of royal regents will have a much harder time in making the monarchy relevant and it will take hard work and a very good relation to "your" people to be able to pass the crown on to the next generation.
You really don't actually know that Frederik lacks enthusiasm -- it could be just his personality and what he WANTS to show the public. Unless you know him personally, you really can't expertly judge. I personally don't want to see "Mary the sporty Australian" at this stage of her evolution. She is a CP of another country which does and should come first to her now. She made this choice in her life, and although I wouldn't want it for all the tea in China, she does and seems to be doing an excellent job. Plus her husband approves and that is all that matters.

You really don't actually know that Frederik lacks enthusiasm -- it could be just his personality and what he WANTS to show the public. Unless you know him personally, you really can't expertly judge. I personally don't want to see "Mary the sporty Australian" at this stage of her evolution. She is a CP of another country which does and should come first to her now. She made this choice in her life, and although I wouldn't want it for all the tea in China, she does and seems to be doing an excellent job. Plus her husband approves and that is all that matters.

I don't think this book is telling anything about either Frederik or Mary. It is only telling, that some amount of people outthere, is more occupied by tittle-tattle and intrigues then they are occupied by reality. And becauce of that, some people are trying to make money (which is okey for me) on that - for instance paparazzia photographers or in this case - the authors.

Last edited:
I wonder why this biased comparison Frederik / Philip is always used (eg in the herald article) as a justification to call Frederik lazy. It's grossly unfair to compair a CP to the consort of the most high profile monarch on this planet. The peer of the Duke of Edinburgh is Prince Henrik and not CP Frederik. It's ok to compare Frederik to Felipe or WA and come to own conclusions but there is no point in comparing number or quality of engagements of Prince Philip and CP Frederik (or even CP Mary and QE II). If a comparison is chosen to back up an opinion than a fair one, please.

I don't think the book should be completely written off as gibberish.
It is not completely gibberish. I wouldn't necessarily say it is my favourite book, but it is interesting to have read. The first parts of it gives an okay, if at times very gossip-journalist and exaggerated, overview of the Danish royal family. It reads a bit like an longish article if Billedbladet and Ekstrabladet decided to merge. :ROFLMAO:

Earlier in this thread I posted my account of it. :flowers:

It is not completely gibberish. I wouldn't necessarily say it is my favourite book, but it is interesting to have read. The first parts of it gives an okay, if at times very gossip-journalist and exaggerated, overview of the Danish royal family. It reads a bit like an longish article if Billedbladet and Ekstrabladet decided to merge. :ROFLMAO:

Earlier in this thread I posted my account of it. :flowers:

Well, I have been in close e-mail contact with Trine's husband, who is a BBC Reporter and he does not strike me as being supportive of someone who is going to go off on a limb, and write a book rife with gibberish, either.
He's sane, sound, knows what he is doing and what he and his wife are up against. Trine seems quite nice as well. She's more guarded in communicating with strangers, such as myself, than her husband is but I truly have enjoyed getting to know the two of them.
I agree with you, Norwegianne, that this book should not be entirely written off. You know, I think Trine's had a really tough row to how in writing it, being that she's come under so much fire, of late. And, her sources, while they may well be entirely credible and trustworthy, aren't daring to come forward lest they be retaliated against, by members of The Royal Household.
Trine's truly caught between a rock and a hard place, I think.
I have seen many a video interview conducted with her, and I can tell you, she does not strike me as being totally sensationalistic, nor "out for blood", and eager to air dirty laundry. I think of her as being someone very daring, bold who wants to set the record straight, about a family whose life, habits etc. are still quite shrouded in mystery.
She wants to let a little daylight in upon the magic, if you will.
I am going to send away for the book in English, that Trine and her husband tell me is ready to be shipped and ordered from its Printer in Greece.

-- Abbie :)

Back
Top Bottom