"1015 København K" by Trine Villemann (2007)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Villemann gave an interview to swedish Aftonbladet, it was published on the 24th of December:
Danska drottningen – en dålig mamma?/Aftonbladet
She repeats the same things that are at her book:
- Queen Margrethe wasn´t a good mother. She never played with her children when they were little.
- Crown prince Frederik has never wanted to be a King some day, and he hasn´t taken his duties seriously. When he got married, people thought that he would change, but he hasn´t. Frederik is popular and has a lot of friends. But he just likes to sail and party. It´s widely known at the Royal House that he is lazy.

EVERYONE, thank you so very much for translating the Danish (and other interviews done with Scandanavian publications) into English for the English speakers here. I truly appreciate your effourts on our behalf.

If this book ever came out in English, I / Abbie would read it, I have to confess.

-- Abbie :flowers:

I have read an amazing article about Frederick and Mary's marriage in Vanidades magazine:eek:
¡No todo es color de rosa en la familia real danesa! :: Nobleza :: esmas.com

I also bought Vanidades, as a tool to teach myself Spanish.

Thank goodness for Posters like you, who DO speak it natively, or else I would still be in the dark.

I can make out the gist of any Article in the magazine, but it's the slang and idioms that always trip me up, :eek:

-- Abbie

But back to the Danish royals. Margrethe’s role as a mother is heavily touched upon, and given the many other discussions on the subject, I’m inclined to think that at least some of Villemann’s assertations might be correct – i.e. Margrethe herself mentioning that she is not much for smaller children, and she prefers to be able to talk to them, as well as Henrik and Frederik’s various interviews on the topic of the childhood of the princes. I think Henrik’s role as a father falls somewhere between Villemann’s pictures, and what he, himself has mentioned earlier.

Villemann mentions that Joachim seems to have weathered the way they were raised in a different way than Frederik – and while she does comment that the lack of parental presence in their lives can be worked into their current lives. She mentions Frederik’s perceived laziness and reluctantness to be king, to use her words, but also points out that Joachim received the same upbringing, and he works royal duties in addition to running his own farm.

:) Thank you very much for taking the time and energy to give us your thoughts, Norwegianne, and for translating what you consider to be key parts of this controversial book, into English, for the benefit of many here. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm waiting for Mary OR Frederik to write a book proclaiming their misery, and then everything being said here will be fair game.

- Prince Joachim isn´t ready to marry again,
She's wrong, he's engaged to be married next spring!

he wasn´t ready to marry Alexandra either. And it became a catastrophe.
the most harmonious one at that.

Villemann assures that her resources are "waterproof".
If she says so...

This is the part what I found odd about this couple. From the very beginning when their romance was "discovered" by the press with the kiss Fred gave to Mary with full knowledge of the cameras around them, this couple seems to try harder than any other royal couples in memory to "sell" their relationship as "The True Love", "The Fairy Tale Couple", "The Happiest Family" etc.

Call me cynic, but I have been wondering what made them to try so hard to "sell" their relationship as "perfect". Because "The Fairy Tale" can make people overlook the fact that Fred's light work schedule or Mary's mediocor background? I wonder.

It hasn't got anything to do with Fred's light schedule og Mary's mediocor background. Not at all.

They have to sell their relationship because they have never been in love with each other - and never will be. The only reason for their marriage was for Fred's part - the deal he made with the danish industrial organisations, that he should marry someone from Australia in order to increase the danish-australian inter-state trade. For that deal they gave him a "Christiania-bike". And for Mary's part the reason was - that she had alwayes wantet to live in a country where half of the year is greyish and wintertime is hartly without any light hours. She was promished though, that she didn't have to ride the "Christiania-bike".

Futhermore - what Mary didn't know, when she married Fred, was - in reality he is a ten-legged green moster from out of space hiding in a human body, just like the rest of the danes. But we are slowly taken over her body to. So very soon - when this process has finished - all of the photos of the CP Couple, showing their great love, will look genuine and - even she will like to ride the "Christiania-bike".

The probleme for Trine Villemann is - that she to is a monster. But she ended up in a body nobody else wanted. That is why she has got this strong desire to make up storyes about others.

Last edited:
It hasn't got anything to do with Fred's light schedule og Mary's mediocor background. Not at all.

They have to sell their relationship because they have never been in love with each other - and never will be. The only reason for their marriage was for Fred's part - the deal he made with the danish industrial organisations, that he should marry someone from Australia in order to increase the danish-australian inter-state trade. For that deal they gave him a "Christiania-bike". And for Mary's part the reason was - that she had alwayes wantet to live in a country where half of the year is greyish and wintertime is hartly without any light hours. She was promished though, that she didn't have to ride the "Christiania-bike".

Futhermore - what Mary didn't know, when she married Fred, was - in reality he is a ten-legged green moster from out of space hiding in a human body, just like the rest of the danes. But we are slowly taken over her body to. So very soon - when this process has finished - all of the photos of the CP Couple, showing their great love, will look genuine and - even she will like to ride the "Christiania-bike" to.

:D :lol: :D :lol: - you go Lilla!!

Apart from the hilariously funny reviews of Villermann's book and her references to 'sources' this is the best I have yet read in that connection ;)

I was going to follow the advice from Berlingske Tidende's reviewer and wait in excitement of what Trine Villermann's hair dresser in Athens - with his/her intimate knowledge of the intimate life of the Danish royals - might reveal to us via Trine Villermann the next time - but I think your version is so much better!:D

Futhermore - what Mary didn't know, when she married Fred, was - in reality he is a ten-legged green moster from out of space hiding in a human body, just like the rest of the danes. But we are slowly taken over her body to. So very soon - when this process has finished - all of the photos of the CP Couple, showing their great love, will look genuine and - even she will like to ride the "Christiania-bike".

The probleme for Trine Villemann is - that she to is a monster. But she ended up in a body nobody else wanted. That is why she has got this strong desire to make up storyes about others.

You got me there in the first paragraph, I thought you were serious:bangin:, but seriously, why do people find it so hard to find out that their CP marriage isn't perfect?! Trine said in an interview to the Australian Media, that she isn't saying they aren't happy, but that it isn't as it seems, so picture pedrfect!

Last edited:
Is any marriage Picture perfect? Royal or not! Marrige is alot of work. Sometimes you are happy and sometimes you wonder why there is not a big cliff near by. We will never know the really truth, just like no one knows the truth that goes on behind close doors of all families. I wish them the best and hope that they are happy. That is the only truth that I do know for sure.

Does anyone know if this book came out in English yet? Will it ever?

Villemann promises at her english website, that the english version will be coming soon:
1015COPENHAGENK.COM

Man, really? :eek:

This is excellent news!

Will it be on sale here in the US or for-order here? If so, I am going to order it.

-- :)

Well isn't that generous of her. :alien:

Though my Danish is still at the beginning level it's too bad this book won't be translated into English anytime soon... I would love to read it.

Oh, but it is being translated into English as we speak, and here is the e-mail I just received from the book's authour that proves it:

"Hi Abbie,
Yes, it will come out in English. Working on it as we speak. We will keep you updated via the website, but in a not too distant future, sometime this spring, my book will be published in English."

So, there we are!
Yay :whistling:

I am right now e-mailing the Authour back, trying to find out WHICH U.S. retailers are going to stock the book (Barnes and Noble? Borders Books and Music?) and IF it will be made available for order THROUGH either of them, in case neither store elects to stock the book, on its shelves.
I will let this Forum know what I unearth and find out. ;)

-- Abbie

:eek: Are some people really planning to storm the palace and rescue Mary?

If this book is translated into English, I'd read it. Like others have said, there's probably a hint of truth and a lot of fluff.

If anything, this book makes me wonder how well Mary is really coping. Even money and possessions and trips get old after a while. I'm sure her children are great source of comfort to her, but it must be really hard being the Crown Princess of Denmark, especially since she wasn't born into a royal life. But I do think Mary was chosen so to speak, so I hope she can deal with it.

Here is the e-mail that I just now recv'd, from the Authour of the book on/ about The Danish Royal Family:

Hi Abbie,

Yes, it will come out in English. Working on it as we speak. We will keep you updated via the website, but in a not too distant future, sometime this spring, my book will be published in English.

Abbie here: Currently, I am trying to get a response from Trine as to which retailers and shops will carry this book over here in the U.S. -- I would like to see it carried at Barnes and Noble, or Borders Books and Music.

I will keep this Forum posted with whatever I find out, though ...

-- Abbie

I was thinking along the same lines as Polly. According to the portion I read at the DRW site. In one breath the author talks about how unprepared Frederik is to be king. And how he does not really want to be king. But yet the author says she thinks it's time for the Queen to hand things over to Fred. And that this should happen no later then 2012. According to the author she says Fred does not know what to do with his future role but yet she wants him to start his reign. A bit contradicting is it not?

Well, I have only limited access to this entire matter so I shall be cautious not to comment too much. But I am curious to hear from those of you that are planning on reading the book.

Oh and does anyone know about Mary breaking down in tears on the dance floor? That was mentioned on the DRW site but I was a little confused about the whole thing. When did that happen and what is the story there? Or is there a story there?

... then we will all know for sure ...

Interestingly enough, CP Mary's father stated, in the one of the parts of the MULTI-part Documentary of her up now in You Tube, that after she met Fred, she started "putting on Danish airs".
Australians certainly don't appear to stand on any formality, that's for sure.
They really appear to rail against anything that even smacks of being "above it all".

I would like to hear from Australian posters on or about this, please.
Am I somewhat accurate, that is?

Thank you,

-- Abbie :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Why on earth would anyone want to buy a book filled with what is more than likely "a hint of truth and a lot of fluff" (Burberry Brit) about the Danish Royal Family? Do we really want the Trine Villemanns in this world to profit from such as this. For every book sold Trine Villeman receives royalties. Just something to think about....

Cat

For the same reason why people bought the book The Diana Chronicles by Tina Brown.

Let's be sensible about this, people are interested, or rather curious, what these exploitive authors have to say, and in this case it's Trine. Whether you believe the contents within this book 1015 Copenhagen or not, everyone has the right to decide what they believe to be true or not. Persuading someone to another's belief is not needed. Furthermore, Trine has the right to make a living, even if her book may be on the questionable motive side.

Why on earth would anyone want to buy a book filled with what is more than likely "a hint of truth and a lot of fluff" (Burberry Brit) about the Danish Royal Family?

Probably for the same reason that people subscribe/buy magazines on royalty. And a lot of things in this book is probably more accurate than the things written in certain magazines abroad. (Not that it takes much).

As someone who did buy the book, did read it (as far as I can tell, I'm the only person in this thread who have done so) and didn't think it was all that bad… (until the last, very bad, very speculative chapter, which is mostly from where all the quotes are coming from) I bought it so that I could have an opinion on it on this forum and elsewhere, without relying on second or third hand sources about it.

As a former history student, I've learned to go straight to the first hand source, if possible. In this case - a discussion about a book - the first source is the book itself. I did not buy this book to get the 411 on the DRF - as far as that goes, I can read various Danish magazines, blogs and newspapers, or this forum, because nothing new and outstanding information was provided in here. :rolleyes:

In short, it is a book I bought to discuss - not as a reference work on the Danish royal family. If it had been written by someone who didn't have a background in gossip journalism, I'd've been more inclined to treat it as a reference book. :ROFLMAO:

WHY on .... Earth (or any planet for that matter)?

Why on earth would anyone want to buy a book filled with what is more than likely "a hint of truth and a lot of fluff" (Burberry Brit) about the Danish Royal Family? Do we really want the Trine Villemanns in this world to profit from such as this. For every book sold Trine Villeman receives royalties. Just something to think about....

Cat

Well, Cat:

Since you ASKED, :cool: ...

The Authour of this book is reputed to have been quite well informed, and NOT at all Tabloidesque. Trouble is, people ARE bugged by books that let too muchy "Daylight in upon the Magic of Royalty" because ... to do so, and, to give the appearance of being too critical is ... well ... too taboo!
You know, people either think you should only be positive or ... (dare I say it?) keep one's mouth firmly shut.

I will read the book for ENTERTAINMENT's sake and with a jaundiced eye.

I have been e-mailing the authour and she appears to me to be most sound, and not at all "out for blood". She also appears to me to be "out for truth" and even Royal Families have their pecadillos and problems, you know?

Well, Cat:

Since you ASKED, :cool: ...

The Authour of this book is reputed to have been quite well informed, and NOT at all Tabloidesque. Trouble is, people ARE bugged by books that let too muchy "Daylight in upon the Magic of Royalty" because ...

Reputed to be well informed? Sorry, by whom? Trine Willemann? :D

Not at all tabloidesque **cough* - if you say so ;)

IMHO Trine Willemann comes across as very self-promoting - and not at all sound as a journalist; she is very fond of describing herself as someone people like to hit ('øretæveindbydende'); she is probably right.

UserDane ...

Reputed to be well informed? Sorry, by whom? Trine Willemann? :D

Not at all tabloidesque **cough* - if you say so ;)

IMHO Trine Willemann comes across as very self-promoting - and not at all sound as a journalist; she is very fond of describing herself as someone people like to hit ('øretæveindbydende'); she is probably right.

In describing herself that way, as someone people would like to hit, she could have been taking pre-emptive strikes and making fun of herself, too.
Sort of laugh first at yourself and then let the world follow, you know?

Also, I have heard where her book is rather accurate ... I can also well understand why it would also be scorned, and villified, for its candour ;)

I am looking forward to reading it, in English, to be honest with you.

I can understand why CP Mary is upset with the book, as well. It might have been too honest for her comfort (?)

You appear to have gotten a kick out of my post. GLAD I could be of entertainment to you, and I mean that ... NICE to know people can see the lighter side of life.

-- Abbie

Also, I have heard where her book is rather accurate ... I can also well understand why it would also be scorned, and villified, for its candour ;)
Abbie, I promise to be serious now :)
I have not read the book - only some of the really scorching reviews of it in other media in Denmark (from the few things I knew about Trine Villemann before this book, I know I would probably never pay money to buy a book by her :)).
And that is not because all these media are afraid or anything of agreeing with any sort of critism of the royal family. Apparently it was just substandard in its workmanship - not least in handling the sources.
Who has described the book as accurate? [/quote]

I can understand why CP Mary is upset with the book, as well. It might have been too honest for her comfort (?)
Why would she feel that? In the greater picture she is the newest arrival to the family, and she has done splendidly in the few years she has been here. Of course she can feel sad for others in the family if they are critised but they all know that's part of the game as royals. Happens to all royal families and why should the Danish be any different?

You appear to have gotten a kick out of my post. GLAD I could be of entertainment to you, and I mean that ... NICE to know people can see the lighter side of life.
I try! ;)

-- Abbiec

Cat

My life is much to short to read that book. Reading this thread is much more entertaning ;)

Last edited:
HI there UserDane ...

Wow, Folks really are taking sides in this book issue, to the point where I would feel as though I were committing a crime were I to buy it and add it to my collection :ohmy:

I don't know ... I just like knowing that Royalty is a LEETLE more like the rest of us, and other families than one might think ...

As for the authour being villified in your Press?
Yes, I can imagine she might be ... Your Royals may well be popular enough for The Citizens of Denmark NOT to want to see them at all made out to be human, or to be criticised!

As for CP Mary possibly objecting to the book, on grounds of it being too accurate? Sorry, didn't mean to mislead you ... I was only surmising, guessing that "the truth hurts".

Wow, Folks really are taking sides in this book !
As for CP Mary possibly objecting to the book, on grounds of it being too accurate? Sorry, didn't mean to mislead you ... I was only surmising, guessing that "the truth hurts".

The possiblity that Mary objects to the book? Huh? I have heard Mette Marit did some objection to some of the things one author surpose to write on her biography and the book was cancelled but Mary I never hear her mentioned any objection . In fact from what I gathered that what was written about Mary was quite good compared to the things written about Frederik and Alexandra.

Excerpts from part of the Berlingske onterview Dec 2007. Credit Danish Royal Watchers
Q: But it can’t be fun to wake up to different stories in the coloured press? Do you ever feel like talking back?

The Crown Princess: “Some days are more fun than others. But no, there’s no reason to talk back. If we had to comment on this article one day and that article the next day, we wouldn’t have time to do anything else.”

Q: Is it the same with a book like Ekstra Bladet’s1015 København K” which is entirely based on anonymous sources?
The Crown Princess: “Yes, you can only try to get a laugh out of it, and as Frederik says, we know the way it is in our real world, how much we love each other and the lovely family we have created. We just have to look each other in the eyes and say: ‘That is not true!’ Fortunately, you see that around the country, shops won’t sell the magazines if they cross the line and you see book shops who won’t sell that book in their shop. They make up their own minds about this.”

I appreciate what you "say", here ...

The possiblity that Mary objects to the book? Huh? I have heard Mette Marit did some objection to some of the things one author surpose to write on her biography and the book was cancelled but Mary I never hear her mentioned any objection . In fact from what I gathered that what was written about Mary was quite good compared to the things written about Frederik and Alexandra.

Excerpts from part of the Berlingske onterview Dec 2007. Credit Danish Royal Watchers

I appreciate your statements about CP Mary ...

I think holding her own against any book written about her now-Royal life must be very hard, indeed! I think CP Mary might be covering up her pain, in stating that nothing written about her in the book is true, however.
I mean she can't very well come out and declare or admit: "Yes, our marriage really IS a sham, and I am dreadfully unhappy ...", can she?
You know, she has to put a brave face on things, and soldier on, as the former Queen Noor of Jordan wrote in her Auto-Bio, "Leap of Faith", she also had to do, during her first few years as an American Queen of an Arabic country.

When the going gets tough, the tough ... TOUGH it out! (Abbie's version of a time-worn saying -- )

Here's what I think is the most fascinating thing about Trine's book, as far as I know it to be: That the Danish Royal sons cannot marry Danes! What's UP with THAT crazy-sounding rule?
Why does Queen Margrethe insist on her Sons marrying "foreigners"?
Seems odd to me ...

Anything that is untruth will cause some pain to any one but where the Royals and politicians are concerned they know what is like to to be in the limelight-stories created to sell and make money. So they know how to cope with gossips and lies and with this type of media and tend to ignore them. If they are to take every little bit of gossips seriously every day , they would not have time for anything as CPss Mary has mentioned.:flowers:

Wow, Folks really are taking sides in this book issue, to the point where I would feel as though I were committing a crime were I to buy it and add it to my collection :ohmy:

I don't know ... I just like knowing that Royalty is a LEETLE more like the rest of us, and other families than one might think ...

As for the authour being villified in your Press?
Yes, I can imagine she might be ... Your Royals may well be popular enough for The Citizens of Denmark NOT to want to see them at all made out to be human, or to be criticised!

I dunno.... I think some 'folks' more wonder why other folks seem so eager to give credence to whatever bad stuff is published. Personally, I cannot see that Villeman has distinguised herself within her trade for other than gossip and by displaying decidedly 'fish-wifely' tendencies in her way of handling journalism. Now, if Thøger Seidenfaden, Georg Metz or Lisbeth Knudsen had published a critical book about the royal family, I would have rushed to the bookseller's to get my copy - knowing that whether I agreed with the necessity of or the conclusions in the book, the subject would be treated professionally.
And that is the heart of the matter - we need critical books - on everything, including royal families. But why can't they be written by competent authors? Why do we have to make do with 'authors' who think that hearsay consitutes a good basis for a book? Quality if you please :)!
If I want gossip with numerous (though funny in their own way ;)) references to anynomous sources, I just turn to the Internet - I don't pay for it.

I dunno.... I think some 'folks' more wonder why other folks seem so eager to give credence to whatever bad stuff is published. Personally, I cannot see that Villeman has distinguised herself within her trade for other than gossip and by displaying decidedly 'fish-wifely' tendencies in her way of handling journalism. Now, if Thøger Seidenfaden, Georg Metz or Lisbeth Knudsen had published a critical book about the royal family, I would have rushed to the bookseller's to get my copy - knowing that whether I agreed with the necessity of or the conclusions in the book, the subject would be treated professionally.
And that is the heart of the matter - we need critical books - on everything, including royal families. But why can't they be written by competent authors? Why do we have to make do with 'authors' who think that hearsay consitutes a good basis for a book? Quality if you please :)!
If I want gossip with numerous (though funny in their own way ;)) references to anynomous sources, I just turn to the Internet - I don't pay for it.

UserDane - well said. I couldn't agree more :flowers:.

Here's what I think is the most fascinating thing about Trine's book, as far as I know it to be: That the Danish Royal sons cannot marry Danes! What's UP with THAT crazy-sounding rule?
Why does Queen Margrethe insist on her Sons marrying "foreigners"?
Seems odd to me ...

This is just one more of those undocumented postulates made by Trine and has no basis in reality. So when you call it a crazy-sounding rule - I totally agree with you. Knowing that Queen Magrethe is refered to as having an intellectual capacity above averege, I am sure her focus isn't on nationality - but on personality. Insisting on an "only by Trine Villeman invented rule" would be plain stupid - and this the queen surely is not.

It is true that danish successors to the throne has a strong history of marrying foreigners - but it isn't a rule written down anywhere. Anyway - for my part I really can't see what is wrong with marrying an australien, a swede or for that matter a pygmy - what matters is the personality and Mary has got what it takes.

If some few people outside Denmark wants to bye the book when it is publiced in english - they are welcomed to do so. But in my oppinion it is a wast of money.

Last edited:
Hi there, Lilla :)

This is just one more of those undocumented postulates made by Trine and has no basis in reality. It isn't the nationality that matters - but the personality. It is true that danish successors to the throne has a history of marrying foreigners - but it isn't a rule written down anywhere. For my part I really can't see what is wrong with marrying an australien, a swede or for that matter a pygmy - what matters is the personality and Mary has got what it takes.
If some few people outside Denmark wants to bye the book when it is publiced in english - the are welcomed to do so. But in my oppinion it is a wast of money.

Mmmmm, alright. I appreciate and understand your stance, on this issue.
I reckon most Danes are behind their Royal Family 100 % then.

About members of that family NOT marrying folks of their own kind, fellow-Danes? Well, is certainly seems as though that is the case. It IS odd that all the Danish girlfriends of the two brothers, Joachim and Frederik, have been rejected as possible marriage choices, by someone ... if not their own Mother & Father. You'd have thought that one of them would have married his own kind, if you will, were there not such a "rule" in place? Look at Joachim, for instance: He married an Asian woman, from Hong kong then ... he went on to a Frenchwoman. 2 foreigners in a row? Seems odd.

NOTE: I am not against marrying outside one's own people! No, not at all! I am commenting on the fact, or rather what I observe that, members of the Danish Royal family do tend NOT to marry Danish People, which I think is a little strange. MOST Royalty do tend to marry their own citizens, or so I have found to be the case.

members of the Danish Royal family do tend NOT to marry Danish People, which I think is a little strange. MOST Royalty do tend to marry their own citizens, or so I have found to be the case.

You are right - it can look strange. Perhaps the reason is - they don't have a choice - danish people simply know them to well. Non of us wants to get married to any of them:ermm:. Therefor they have to look abroad in order to get a spouse:ohmy:. Of cause I am only joking..............;)

Actually I have alwayes wondered why for instance the BRF alwayes seems to marry their own. I like the freshness of someone comming ind from outside. This brings new ways of thinking witch only a mix of different nationalityes can provide. I find this healthy, not only for The DRF and the monarchy, but for the nation as a hole. Both Henrik, Alexandra and Mary (and hopefully Marie to) have brought this freshness - and I like it.

Last edited:
You are right - it can look strange. Perhaps the reason is - they don't have a choice - danish people simply know them to well. Non of us wants to get married to any of them:ermm:. Therefor they have to look abroad in order to get a spouse:ohmy:. Of cause I am only joking..............;)

Actually I have alwayes wondered why for instance the BRF alwayes seems to marry their own. I like the freshness of someone comming ind from outside. This brings new ways of thinking witch only a mix of different nationalityes can provide. I find this healthy, not only for The DRF and the monarchy, but for the nation as a hole. Both Henrik, Alexandra and Mary (and hopefully Marie to) have brought this freshness - and I like it.

Yes, an INFUSION of New Blood does help to spruce up, if you will, any old and tired Regime, huh?
I see how and why THAT family might want to expand its horizons and let in others.

Why do The Brit Royals tend to marry their own Kin? For safety reasons, mainly. They tend to want to marry people from good backgrounds, figuring that they'd know what they are getting into, being around all those "Toffs", and Stiffs, ha!
No, I kid ...

I think there is a fair amount of prejudice, if you will, against marrying "outsiders" in The British Royal Family. They don't take well to Foreigners, still. Marrying an American, for a Royal, would NEVER be allowed still.
A shame and sad, but true.
I suppose, when push comes to shove, everyone naturally gravitates towards marrying there own Kin, and kind FIRST.

I think there is a fair amount of prejudice, if you will, against marrying "outsiders" in The British Royal Family. They don't take well to Foreigners, still. Marrying an American, for a Royal, would NEVER be allowed still.
A shame and sad, but true.

Who knows - when Christian and Isabelle are grown ups. One of them might want to marry an American - what a charming thought. It would bring our two nations even closer then we are today.........:flowers:

Last edited:
Closer?

Who knows - when Christian and Isabelle are grown ups. One of them migth wont to marry an American - what a charming thougt. It would bring our two nations even clouser then we are today.........:flowers:

Yes, the rules could well be changed by then, eh?
It'd be GREAT to see Danes marrying more of us, in America!
One of my parents' GREAT friends, the Artist Kenneth Callahan, married his Danish nurse, Beth, FYI. Both Kenneth and Beth were great friends of my folks, in fact. Beth used to have me house-sit her Condo, in fact.

Moving along ...

America and Denmark have always been Buds, no?
I think so.
We've never been taught otherwise.
Have you?

Interesting that our President and your Queen have NOT visited each other all that much over the years ... We have never seen Denmark as a country with which we are obligated to do Diplomacy, and I am not meaning this in a bad way, at all.

America and Denmark have always been Buds, no?
I think so.
We've never been taught otherwise.
Have you?

Interesting that our President and your Queen have NOT visited each other all that much over the years ... We have never seen Denmark as a country with which we are obligated to do Diplomacy, and I am not meaning this in a bad way, at all.

In the world of diplomacy Denmark is only a small country - and as USA and Denmark alwayes have been buds - I don't find it strange that the different presidents of USA preferes to put their effort elsewhere. Bill Clinton did come to visit Denmark once and he held a public speach on one of the main squars in Copenhagen - and the squar simply got crowded up with applauding danes. After he ended his presedency he has come to Denmark a lot - I guss twice a year. Your present president actually once celebrated his birthday having a banquet hosted by the queen at Fredensborg.

But it usually is our primeminister who i visiting The USA.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom