The Family of Princess Sofia - The Hellqvists

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lina's wedding dress was from swedish Nixa Design
https://www.facebook.com/Nixa.se/ph...3676259396032/867514920012159/?type=1&theater

Svensk Damtidning's Ellen Myrgård (the only reporter writing about the wedding) tells, that before the guests arrived, photos of Lina and Jonas, and photos of them with their bridesmaids and bestman were taken. Then arrived Lina's old friends from Älvdalen and a little newer friends from Stockholm. Also William Värnild, Sofia's make up stylist arrived. Marie and Erik Hellqvist welcomed the guests. There were two bridal children, Jonas' nieces Engla and Alva. About 70 guests attended at the wedding. The guests got champagne and strawberries after they had arrived.
"It feels fantastic to get to wed Lina and Jonas. I have known them even before", says registrar Ulla Sjöström from Örnskiöldsvik. Lina's grandmother Britt says "It feels fantastic! But I am not nervous, it is not me who is getting married". The last to arrive is Carl Philip. When the wedding starts, Bryan Adams' "We're in Heaven" is played. The wedding ends just like Carl Philip's and Sofia's wedding to "Joyful Joyful", the modern version.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Lina's wedding dress was original and very much flattering for her! At least we haven't seen the classical lace!

So that confirms the fact that the family was aware of the media and gave them few comments...

So that confirms the fact that the family was aware of the media and gave them few comments...

No, it confirms that at least one of the guests at the wedding talked to the press. The comment from her grandmother doesn't mean much. She didn't give out any details, just being polite.

No, it confirms that at least one of the guests at the wedding talked to the press. The comment from her grandmother doesn't mean much. She didn't give out any details, just being polite.

I didn't suggest otherwise:whistling:. Just pointing out that it wasn't true that they didn't know about paparazzis. They saw the cameras and the grandmother released few words that are given in those circumstances, that's it!

Oh my god we should punish grandmother immediately :lol:

Oh my god we should punish grandmother immediately :lol:

Of course we should. Just like we should punish anyone remotely related to Sofia and all her friends, old schoolmates and neighbors. Because then you're guilty by association.

:bang:

(and yes, I'm ironic. And I'm sooooo tired of everyone who is constantly trying to find faults with Sofia and/or anyone connected to her).

I didn't suggest otherwise:whistling:. Just pointing out that it wasn't true that they didn't know about paparazzis. They saw the cameras and the grandmother released few words that are given in those circumstances, that's it!

They knew already on Wednesday before the wedding that there would be a photographer. Svensk Damtidning promoted then at their paper issue:
Next week
"Photo extra from the family celebration - Carl Philip and Sofia at a wedding... again!"

They knew already on Wednesday before the wedding that there would be a photographer. Svensk Damtidning promoted then at their paper issue:
Next week
"Photo extra from the family celebration - Carl Philip and Sofia at a wedding... again!"

Thank you LadyFinn. I don't see why some people should have issues with it. The press was there, and the family acknowledged that. ;) So, why keeping it deny that?

@Lady Finn - why would Bunte run a story about a non-royal's honeymoon? You hardly hear anything, maybe once in a while, about the O'Neills and the Westlings. The Westlings have blood - Estelle - that will one day sit on the Silver Throne. A royal Hellqvist (Carl Philip & Sofia's child) will never rise that high. The only reason I see is that Bunte is using the non-royal relative angle hoping to get Bernadotte gossip. It's the Middletons 2.0.

Sofia has always been seen and treated by the press as a celebrity. Her sisters don't seem to mind the publicity. I am not in Facebook, but how has Bunte got these photos from the sisters Facebooks?
Anna Westling Söderström has made it clear that she is a private person and lives her life outside the publicity. And maybe the O'Neill relatives have more private Facebooks. Besides because Chris sued Bunte about their honeymoon photos, maybe Bunte doesn't want to write anything about the O'Neill relatives.
Bunte, like any gossip magazine, makes stories of anything related to royals and celebrities. And if the relatives of the royals gives them accesss to their social media, it is even easier for the media.

My observation is that Eva O'Neill, Chris' mother, is the in-law who is most in the media mostly due to her going to red carpet events.

My observation is that Eva O'Neill, Chris' mother, is the in-law who is most in the media mostly due to her going to red carpet events.

Eva O'Neill is the Chairman of the Honorary Committee of the Amadeus Weekend at the Salzburg Music Festival, and that is why she attends events at the Festival. She has been involved with the Amadeus Weekend for over 10 years. She is a known person in London and Austrian society and is sometimes photographed at a red carpet at some event.

:previous: Thanks for the information. I was not being critical of Chris' mother, just sharing that I have a different observation regarding Swedish royal in-laws who are and aren't appearing in the media.

@Lady Finn - there lies the danger. If the Hellqvists are willing to avail themselves to the media, that means the bad stuff about them is now fair game.

Oh please....

Unless I mistaken about Facebook...if you are a friend of a friend...you can see that person's pictures....the only way you can't is if your profile is private.

Sofia and Carl Philip have only been married since June and I am sure the tabloid's increased interest in Sofia's sister's since the wedding are why we are seeing a lot about them in the 'news.' Therefore, they easily could be the source of the Facebook pictures.

Is Marie Hellqvist a twin? Because Sofia's aunt looks just like her!

Sent from my iPod touch using The Royals Community

I thought the dress code for Te Deum for men was morning coats. The men in the SRF have on morning coats but Erik Hellqvist, Sofia's father, is wearing a suit. Are they laxing the code due to the child being honored?

I thought the dress code for Te Deum for men was morning coats. The men in the SRF have on morning coats but Erik Hellqvist, Sofia's father, is wearing a suit. Are they laxing the code due to the child being honored?

Suits are also allowed for Te Deum, the dress code is morning coat or dark suit:
Tord Magnuson, he had a suit also at Oscar's Te Deum
http://media.shootitlive.com/CZ9JQV4gpAFYUAeNc51xgTY11Yn/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/2187
The husband of the Mistress of the Robes Kirstine von Blixen-Finecke
http://media.shootitlive.com/ItDWeqqAVzZfNjmtW7wQvzWik5D/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/2187

And at Nicolas's Te Deum the dress coat was dark suits...

Last edited:
Svensk Damtidning tells that Sofia's younger sister Sara and Oskar Bergman broke off their engagement. Sara moved to her own apartment in the end of April.

Lina Frejd has left her work at Project Playground, where she was responsible for fundraising and finances. Lina started her work at Project Playground in September 2011.
Carl Philip's and Sofia's friend and Carl Philip's former PR-woman, Christina Saliba, has hired Lina Frejd as a project leader to her PR-agency Mindmakers PR. Lina started at her new job in October.
Mindmakers nya trojka - Resumé
Tre nya medarbetare på Mindmakers - Mindmakers PR

Lina Frejd has left her work at Project Playground, where she was responsible for fundraising and finances. Lina started her work at Project Playground in September 2011.
Carl Philip's and Sofia's friend and Carl Philip's former PR-woman, Christina Saliba, has hired Lina Frejd as a project leader to her PR-agency Mindmakers PR. Lina started at her new job in October.
Mindmakers nya trojka - Resumé
Tre nya medarbetare på Mindmakers - Mindmakers PR

The Hellqvist sisters are pretty, but Lina Frejd is the prettiest of the sisters.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom