Public Opinion of Prince Carl Philip

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A man who has spent 10 years in one relationship and now 6 in another doesn't come to mind when you say the word playboy.

LaRae

I also think it's unfair to say that he is a "do nothing" kind of guy First, he is a major in the Amphibious Corps reserve. Second, he runs his own design business. Third, he holds a degree in Agricultural Management and apparently is being groomed to take charge of the administration of some of the royal estates, including the Djugarden estate where he plans to live after he gets married.

I also think it's unfair to say that he is a "do nothing" kind of guy First, he is a major in the Amphibious Corps reserve. Second, he runs his own design business. Third, he holds a degree in Agricultural Management and apparently is being groomed to take charge of the administration of some of the royal estates, including the Djugarden estate where he plans to live after he gets married.

Indeed, all this does not fit in the image of a spoiled useless brat who spends his time binge-drinking, gambling, hopping from lady to lady, etc. We see a very healthy looking athletic guy with a good education and upbringing, with great manners, a friendly attitude and two longtime companionships with a lady so far in his life, with the currrent one becoming his spouse soon. "Playboy Prince" is really far, far from truth.

I agree...he seems to be a fairly normal (as much as possible in his situation) type of guy. I know guys with a heck of a lot less money and unknown to anyone other than family/friends who are way more of a 'playboy' than he has been....and not nearly as motivated to educate themselves or serve in the armed forces.

LaRae

The interview of the prince and Emma Pernald's reaction to it can be discussed here. Several posts have been removed. Repetative posts have been deleted.

This thread is about public opinion and the prince.

Last edited:
To me, Carl Philip comes across as very dull. And that's surprising, considering he is "artistic"...

:previous: I quite agree. Very handsome, but not terribly bright or
"deep" at all.:sad:

Maybe I've been missing the point all along. Sofia Hellqvist might in fact be the perfect companion for him.

Last edited:
Because, as I clearly explained...I think her boyfriend might be the same way, and water seeks it's own level as the saying goes.

By the way Archduchess Z an opinion is just that. A very subjective thing, not a fact at all. Ninety per cent of all the information posited here at TRF IS SOMEONE'S OPINION AND NOT FACT.

So, Carl-Philip and his fiancée might in fact be Mensa members, who knows?:cool:

Last edited:
Sofia is at least vibrant unlike him ;)
What I would like to see in future is that he shows more passion in the things he does, because at the moment he irritates me tbh.

:previous: I quite agree. Very handsome, but not terribly bright or
"deep" at all.:sad:

Maybe, I've been missing the point all along. Sofia Hellqvist might in fact be the perfect companion for him.

I get the same impression of CP.

I remember watch a documentary on young royals. CP was interviewed and asked what were his interests. His reply was "I play video games". He was in his early to mid 20s. That will forever be my impression of CP...pretty but not exactly teaming with purpose.

Carl Philip is a late bloomer and they often bloom the best.

:previous:I very much agree Skippy.

Maybe his marriage and(eventual) parenthood will have that kind of effect on him.

My oppinion of Carl Philip is that he is kind and goodhearted person. Behaves politely. Shy. Sporty. Not very ambitious. Only two girlfriends and long relationships. I would easily believe he will be very much a family man.

About all male princes and ofter rich young males, Carl Philip has looked out to be very ordinary guy, not any big party animal or playboy as some have been writing in this post.

Only negative thing what I have in my vision is that it seems to have taken long time for him to find what he wants from life. Late bloomer would be a good word to use.

Late t the game, my opinion of CP is he appears quite shallow. He is definitely the best looking Prince in Europe but he doesn't appear to do much of value. He was probably spoiled and indulged by his parents because of what the govt did to him. He may be one of the least impressive royals but at least he doesn't appear mean hearted like some spoiled rich people.

I agree, I think he was spoilt especially by his father because - from CG's perspective - he was robbed of the throne and had to step aside for his sister.
IMO CP has never shown any ambition or desire to set himself free, work on a serious career on his own (he is not really needed for the crown) - his work as designer is shady (rumours of copying), he does car racing but usually crashes out, an expensive hobby.
Unthinkable eg in the Netherlands, where both princes have/had a serious career, making their own living instead of tagging along doing a bit here and there, looking bored.

Parenthood and married life will do good. We have seen it with almost all princes. It matures them and public perspective changes too. In my eyes Prince Carl Philip is a goodnatured and sympathic man who lets his sister Victoria have the floodlights.

My opinion of Carl Philip is that he seems to be a good person, nice and kind-hearted.
I like to follow your work as a designer and your career in car racing.
I liked to see Carl Philip and Sofia dedicate themselves to more causes and do more things.

Back
Top Bottom