Princess Madeleine's 30th Birthday: June 10, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
a little box with a ring in it would be a nice 30th birthday gift from Chris

:previous: Very well said. I would be so pleased for them. :bounce::bounce::bounce:

And they will have many many :butterfly: in their bodies.

Is she going to have official celebration for the 30th birthday

Is she going to have official celebration for the 30th birthday

Nothing about that at the royal calendar yet, Madeleine attends today at "Min stora middag" in Stockholm.

Actually, a public ceremony which won't be held this year did indeed take place before her private party in 2007 - photos from the 'official' 25th birthday celebrated in the Palace courtyard
I just meant that Madeleine and Louise will probably arrange a private joint birthday party like they did in 2007, celebrating their 60th birthday, not comparing the rest of the celebrations in any other way.

Bertil Ternert told to Expressen that there won´t be any official celebration, just a private party at Drottningholm Palace.
Madeleine is going to celebrate with Louise "Lussan" Gottlieb (as they did when they were 18 and 25) and they have invited 45 of their closest friends, Sofia Hellqvist isn't one of them, she isn't invited, according to Johan T Lindwall.
Sofia inte välkommen på Madeleines fest | Nyheter | Expressen
Google translation

Finnish MTV3 quotes the article of Expressen (paper version):
Madeleine and Louise "Lussan" Gottlieb had their birthday party already yesterday, this was the party for their best friends.
At yesterday's party arrived also Emma Pernald and Jonas Bergström's girlfriend Stephanie af Klercker (she was invited by Lussan, not Madeleine). But the biggest surprise was that Victoria arrived to the party with Estelle. She was invited, of course, but her attendance wasn't certain. Everyone was happy about that Estelle came along and everyone wanted to greet her. As earlier was told, Sofia wasn't invited.
Madeleine juhli yllättävässä seurueessa - MTV3.fi - Viihde - Uutiset

There will be no official celebration in the courtyard. It is her wish, says Bertil Ternert. Princess Madeleine now lives in New York but has spent a few weeks early summer in Stockholm in connection with her niece's baptism and the National Day celebrations. This weekend the 30-year-old is congratulated by her closest, but the court does not inform more than that.
- I have no insight into who will sit at the table, Bertil Ternert answers to the question if her boyfriend Chris O'Neill is coming from USA.
Prinsessan firar med familjen - Sverige - gp.se
Google translation

Madeleine had a party also yesterday in a apartment of Louise Gottlieb's parents in Stockholm organized by Louise and Victoria's friend Caroline Kreuger Nilsson. There were about 10 guests. Chris had flown to Sweden. Madeleine and Chris arrived together with Emma Pernald and her boyfriend Tomas Jonson.
Photos and article:
Här börjar Maddes hemliga 30-årsfest | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

It is also interesting that this small party had leaked to the press, both photographers, Stefan Jerrevång and Peter Wixtröm are professional photographers working for Aftonbladet and Scanpix.

Last edited:
There will be no official celebration in the courtyard. It is her wish, says Bertil Ternert. Princess Madeleine now lives in New York but has spent a few weeks early summer in Stockholm in connection with her niece's baptism and the National Day celebrations. This weekend the 30-year-old is congratulated by her closest, but the court does not inform more than that.
- I have no insight into who will sit at the table, Bertil Ternert answers to the question if her boyfriend Chris O'Neill is coming from USA.
Prinsessan firar med familjen - Sverige - gp.se
Google translation

Madeleine had a party also yesterday in a apartment of Louise Gottlieb's parents in Stockholm organized by Louise and Victoria's friend Caroline Kreuger Nilsson. There were about 10 guests. Chris had flown to Sweden. Madeleine and Chris arrived together with Emma Pernald and her boyfriend Tomas Jonson.
Photos and article:
Här börjar Maddes hemliga 30-årsfest | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

It is also interesting that this small party had leaked to the press, both photographers, Stefan Jerrevång and Peter Wixtröm are professional photographers working for Aftonbladet and Scanpix.
She most likely have had journalists trailing her every minute of her stay in Sweden as she was obviously having her birthday party somewhere. So most likely no leaking of information but just typical nosy journalists hanging around 24 hrs a day. No wonder she has chosen to live in NY.

Grattis – prinsessan Madeleine fyller 30 år idag! | Svensk Damtidning
Google translation

Criticism to Madeleine because of her choice not to celebrate her 30th birthday in public:
Crown Princess Victoria welcomed people into the inner courtyard on her 30th birthday. Prince Carl Philip as well.
But when princess Madeleine turns 30, congratulations can be made on Facebook.
"Anyone who wishes to leave a greeting to the Princess can do it on royal family Facebook page," writes the court on it's website.
- We have done this way before. Carl Philip received many congratulations that way. And there are many who have asked what to do now and they are happy to do it in this modern way, says Bertil Ternert.
Do you understand those who may feel disappointed not to be able to hand over the flowers and see her?
- There is an opportunity if you would like to congratulate her. The alternative was to celebrate the courtyard and to stand and receive the congratulations, but in this case, the princess chose not to do that and I think that you should show respect for that, says Ternert.

Court expert Sten Hedman is critical to the princess's choice. He had hoped for a public celebration.
- I think it is strange. The little tradition is broken. It is challenging to do this and it gives the wrong signal. It is unfortunate. She could have done it and put up half an hour to receive flowers and cheers. It's part of her job.
Bertil Ternert think it's up to everyone to do what they want.
- It's she who takes the ultimate decision how she wants to be courted. Each one must be able to decide how you want to do it and Facebook is acceptable. ¨
Inget 30-årsfirande - då får Madeleine kritik | Nyheter | Expressen
Google translation

Last edited:
I think Madeleine is doing the right thing with celebrating her birthday in private, there are no reason for her, nor for Carl Philip, to have their birthdays celebrated officially.

Funny how Carl Philip is nowhere to be found when Emma is around.

Funny how Carl Philip is nowhere to be found when Emma is around.

The party on Thursday was a girls party, and on Friday the party was for the closest friends, obviously Victoria and Daniel didn't attend either.

The party on Thursday was a girls party, and on Friday the party was for the closest friends, obviously Victoria and Daniel didn't attend either.
It's more understandable that Victoria and Daniel wasn't there Friday as they have a young child, Carl Philip doesn't have that kind of excuse, or do you mean that Madeleine doesn't think her brother is one of her close friends? Or is it Carl Philip who doesn't see Madeleine as a close friend anymore?

It's more understandable that Victoria and Daniel wasn't there Friday as they have a young child, Carl Philip doesn't have that kind of excuse, or do you mean that Madeleine doesn't think her brother is one of her close friends? Or is it Carl Philip who doesn't see Madeleine as a close friend anymore?

Just if one sibling isn't coming or isn't invited doesn't mean they can't be close friends too. But first and foremost they aresiblings. Not friends. So if Madeleine choose not to invite her siblings or if her siblings choose not to come is not a drama. It's read way to much in all this things IMO.

I'm very good friends with my siblings too, but when they decide to throw a party only for their closest friends I and the other sibling wouldn't be invited just like they wouldn't be invited if I choose to celebrate only with my closest friends. That wouldn't mean anything bad. Just that they or I choose to celebrate with FRIENDS and not with FAMILY. Even if family members are a mix of family and friends.

Longs statement short: Neither Victoria (and Daniel) nor Carl Philip need an excuse (especially one that needs to be made public) for not attending their sisters party. And Madeleine doesn't need any excuses if she decides to not invite them to a party where only her closest friends are invited. That would be completly idiotic IMO. And to be honest, I don't think all three of them even think about this as a big drama that is made out of this by the press or in some internet forums.

Since we saw Madeleine and Carl Philip having a good time just a month ago in New York, their relationship seems to be just fine.

why Louise Gottlieb's didn't marry her boyfriend Gustaf Thott they were together for many years

According to MTV3, which is quoting Aftonbladet, the whole royal family celebrated Madeleine's birthday yesterday evening at eight o'clock at the Haga Palace. Also Sofia Hellqvist attended the party.
Carl Philipin Sofia pääsi sittenkin Madeleinen juhliin - MTV3.fi - Viihde - Uutiset

Madeleine, Chris and Zorro had a walk with king Carl Gustaf at the Drottingholm park on Sunday afternoon.
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010080011Q1339441971188567
Acconding to Aftonbladet's reporter Chris was driven away at five o'clock in a car with a driver, it's possible that he had to leave back to New York.
Madeleine left a little later to the city.
In the evening Victoria and Daniel had invited all to the Haga Palace to Madeleine's birthday party, the king and the queen came from Drottningholm. Madeleine, Carl Philip and Sofia arrived at one car together.
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010080021Q1339441971188567
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010080031Q1339441971188567

Last edited:
Since we saw Madeleine and Carl Philip having a good time just a month ago in New York, their relationship seems to be just fine.
My comment was not about the relationship between Madeleine and Carl Philip, it was regarding your formulation here:
on Friday the party was for the closest friends, obviously Victoria and Daniel didn't attend either.
It made it sound as if Madeleine's siblings could not be regarded as her friends as well as being her siblings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom