Prince Carl Philip's 30th Birthday: May 13, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk

completely agree. this was no state affair but a family affair - and as the fiancee of the eldest sister at least i find it strange that daniel doesn't show up at his future brother in laws round birthday.

i also agree with hrhofnothing, daniel doesn't seem to be close to the family at all. it seems to me that victoria pushed and her parents tried to back off - and this is the result, daniel absent at family events, at the rare occasions he is around the family apart from victoria looks stiff and the unusual no-show of his parents in the public eye at the occasion of the engagement also fits in. too bad after all these years the had to get used to each other.

The informationschef of the court, Nina Eldh, has said that when Victoria and Daniel got engaged, it was decided that Daniel won´t participate in official engagements before the wedding, because he isn´t a member of the royal family yet. Maybe the king regards these birthdays as official acts. The media has reported that Daniel was at the private birthday parties.
To me it looks like at least Daniel and Carl Philip are in good terms:
ANP Beeldbank
I don´t think that Daniel would have hugged Carl Philip like this, if they would be in icy terms with each other.
Also the queen seems to be friendly towards Daniel
ANP Beeldbank
IBL Bildbyrå

I really do think he wasn't there because it was about Carl Philip, the press would have put a lot of attention towards Daniel if he was there. He has no obligation yet as member of the RF, cause he is not one yet

http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?page=4&ShowPicture=9605694&pos=32
I don´t think that Daniel would have hugged Carl Philip like this, if they would be in icy terms with each other.
Also the queen seems to be friendly towards Daniel
ANP Beeldbank
IBL Bildbyrå

Did you really expect Daniel and Carl Philip to react icily towards each other when there were lots of cameras taking pictures!? Same, with the Queen. Even if she feels that her daughter could have done much better, as I believe she does, she was hardly going to express those sentiments at the public engagement reception 6 weeks after the engagement was announced!

Back to the orginal topic of the thread:Any one know what the Royal Family got C-P for his B-day?

This is really nonsense, HRHofNothing! Carl Philip and Daniel know each other for years (they were driving together with Madelein´s boyfriend on a cart racecourse some years ago, having great fun together! It´s nothing I assume, I SAW the pictures! And the king, himself a huge racecar-fan, as you will know, was also there). If I would have any feelings of resentment against someone, I wouldn´t slap him in front of cameras, but I certainly wouldn´t hug him! Do you really think the Royals are THAT hypocritical?

Princess Mia

Sometimes one just knows when someone isn't right for their sibling. It appears to me that Carl Philip is trying his best to accept Daniel (because he has to no matter what happens). Pictures do not lie. If you look closely at the video and the pictures you will see that Daniel (and Victoria) were both shocked by Carl Philip's warmth when he hugged Daniel. I think everyone is trying their best in this situation. Believe me, it's not easy.

All right, "sometimes one just knows when someone isn´t right for their sibling". But how do you know Carl Philip thinks Daniel isn´t right?? Have you talked to him about it? Hardly! And who has said "it´s not easy" to anyone within the Swed. royal family?

I really wonder why these suspicion and speculations appear, where they come from!
I mean, you cannot just put your own feelings and resentments upon others and pretend they were theirs, too!

Wartenberg7, if you noticed I said PICTURES do not lie! What I said was my opinion. I absolutely love the Swedish Royal Family. Just so you, royals are not exempt from human feelings. They feel the same feelings the rest of us feel.

Pictures sometimes lie

Wartenberg7, if you noticed I said PICTURES do not lie! What I said was my opinion. I absolutely love the Swedish Royal Family. Just so you, royals are not exempt from human feelings. They feel the same feelings the rest of us feel.

I know you said PICTURES! By the way, of course pictures can lie you, if they are used in a manipulative way (or you interpret things in them you WANT TO see!). And: The pictures we have seen of D and C P together there was NO evidence what so ever you could conclude C P is not Happy with his sisters choice of partner.

Well, I can´t imagine Carl Philip disliking someone truly (the press maybe)
But very close he doesn´t seem to Victoria&Daniel either. Jonas and Daniel seem as if they have developed a friendship...but that might be, because they are in a similiar position actually...

they were driving together with Madelein´s boyfriend on a cart racecourse some years ago, having great fun together

Well, as I remember it this "family trip" took place directly after the first rumours in the press, saying that the king wouldn´t like Daniel. IMO that was a PR move...

Well, as I remember it this "family trip" took place directly after the first rumours in the press, saying that the king wouldn´t like Daniel. IMO that was a PR move...[/quote]

:nonono: Sometimes I wished I had this enormous phantasy like people like you...
PR move?? WHY would there be any reason for a PR move nesassary?! This trip I was talking about has been covered by, I would call it, Paparazzi photos, NO photocall or something! They´ve been hardly pleased they´ve been disturbed on this private outing by photographers...
But o.k., o.k.: The entire Swed. royal family, except Victoria, hates Daniel. Believe it if you insist on this if it makes you happy... (May be there´s a job for you at one of these rotten tabloids?)
I leave you now with your absurd speculations and conspiracies. This is becoming too stupid for me.

Anyways, I'm truly happy for P.C.P. and I hope he had a good birthday.

yes, happy belated to PCP! Next up for Sweden is Madeleine, June tenth, right? I'm not leaving anyone out am I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom