Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia's Current Events, Part 2: Feb. 2019 - present

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ididn't expect to see Prince Alexander in attendance at the Mora church :previous:

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:

Carl Philip and Sofia also shared a photo of themselves attending the concert last night:

** instagram post **

Yesterday we attended the fundraising concert @helasverigeskramlar for Ukraine at Avicii arena together with Ukrainian Ambassador Andriy Plachotnjuk and his wife Viktoriia and others. An evening that touched. Thanks to everyone involved! A special thank you to the Ukrainian artist @ masha.sur whose performance felt right in the heart??

Following a decision by HM the King, the Royal Chapel at the Royal Palace was opened yesterday for Ukrainian refugees who were given the opportunity to celebrate the Orthodox Easter.
More than 400 Ukrainians participated in the service, which began with Princess Sofia and Pastor Michael Bjerkhagen welcoming. Thereafter, the Ukrainian Orthodox priest Cyril Hovorun led the service.
Ortodoxt påskfirande i Slottskyrkan för ukrainska flyktingar _ Kungahuset

The prince couple were at the QX-gala earlier tonight, and presented the award "Hetero of the year" to singer Benjamin Ingrosso. A friend of mine posted photos of them on FB. I assume there will be much better official pictures tomorrow.

Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia at an event of this week's World Dyslexia Assembly Sweden:

** Pic **

Carl Philip and Sofia attend now Catwalk live - A manifestation of everyone's right to shine at Avicii Arena.
Profimedia gallery

Catwalk live at Avicii Arena
A manifestation of everyone's right to shine
The Glada Hudik Theater will, in collaboration with the Tim Bergling Foundation, hold a demonstration together with students and teachers who participate in the school project. A manifestation of everyone's right to shine. This will take place in Avicii Arena on May 24 at 1pm.
Catwalk live
The Catwalk ensemble will perform their catwalk live! The students recognize the models from the film and will now get to see them for real when they perform their catwalk in the original, just as they did during New York Fashion Week. With the same clothes, choreography and music.
(Silhouettes) A ​​thousand steps in grand choir
In our film Catwalk, Avicii's music has a large part, especially in the catwalk itself in New York. We have now translated the song Silhuoettes which Kitty sings into Swedish and produced an exercise material so that the students can practice the song. We will end our manifestation by singing the song together in a grand choir, it will be magical!
Catwalk live i Avicii Arena _ Catwalk i skolan

Prinsparet vid manifesta_tionen ”Barn föds inte med fördomar” _ Kungahuset

Sofia will not attend the Polar Music Prize this evening. Margareta Thorgren said that the children have become ill and Sofia feels that she must prioritize it.

Last edited:
:previous:

Here’s a video of their attendance at the Catwalk live event:

Fashion designer Lars Wallin posted to his Instagram some days ago:
"The dress Princess Sofia wore at QX-galan was originally created for Petra Mede which she wore during Guldbaggegalan 2017.⁠ ⁠ After some royal adjustments the timeless couture dress made an enormous success on the prinsess and is now a creation that belongs to Lars Wallin's couture archive."
https://www.instagram.com/p/CgjUOnPsy2Y

Carl Philip and Sofia will visit Värmland county on 25–26 October 2022. Inclusion, information impact, renewable energy and sustainable production are among other topics that are in focus during the visitor days.
They visit an inauguration of a wind farm. Then they visit Grums where children and young people who participate in a reading project and in the youth project Tillitsbyrån will share their experiences.
Carl Philip and Sofia also visit The Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency (MSB), where representatives from the Agency for Psychological Defense and the Duty and Examinations Agency also participate in discussions about joint preparedness, staffing of the total defense and the influence of information. The days in Värmland end with a visit to Ballograf in Filipstad and learning about how the company works with the manufacture of sustainable products.
DD.KK.HH. Prins Carl Philip och Prinsessan Sofia besöker Värmland _ Länsstyrelsen Värmland

Perhaps I'm not knowledgeable enough about what that school is, but why are they dressed like maids? I mean, in the second photo, the young lady in the middle looks like an extra in the background of the first season of Downton Abbey.

It's a nursing school and this is their graduation dress - it is a very old school, so I assume this is the traditional graduation dress. The nurses need to sew their own hats apparently (see this blog). This nurse wrote that she was happy they only had to wear it for the graduation ceremony and not every day (as it used to be).

Last edited:
It's a nursing school and this is their graduation dress - it is a very old school, so I assume this is the traditional graduation dress. The nurses need to sew their own hats apparently (see this blog). This nurse wrote that she was happy they only had to wear it for the graduation ceremony and not every day (as it used to be).

Yes, the school and the hospital was founded by Queen Sofia 1889, inspired by Florence Nightingale, whom she went to see in London.

Program on Carl Philip and Sofia's visit to Värmland 25-26 October.

Tuesday 25 October
10:45 Inauguration ceremony of wind farm Knöstad in Säffle municipality.
12:30 Lunch at Kungskvarnen in Borgvik.
14:00 Visit to Grum's library. Children and young people from a reading project and the youth project Tillitsbyrån share their experiences. Afterwards, a tour is held through an exhibition by the author and illustrator Stina Wirsén together with students.
19:00 Dinner with invited guests at the Residence in Karlstad.

Wednesday 26 October
08:45 Visit to The Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency (MSB) in Karlstad, where also representatives from the Psychological Defence Agency and the Defence Conscription and Assessment Agency participate.
11:30 Lunch at Hennickehammar's manor.
12:45 Visit to Ballograf in Filipstad.
DD.KK.HH. Prins Carl Philip och Prinsessan Sofia besöker Värmland – Uppdaterat program med tider _ Länsstyrelsen Värmland

Back
Top Bottom