Prince Carl Philip & Emma Pernald Separate: March 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, Lena.
The one photo op of Carl Philip and Emma in December, after their seperate holidays, looked pretty staged to me, and afterwards the Prince left Stockholm to study anyway.
My take on it is that they might very well have agreed to seperate at one point last year already, and now everything went according to script after Victoria's engagement.

I would have found it logical that the Queen would prefer her children marrying for love but also someone royal. A commoner becoming a Queen once every 100 years is a fairy tale, but a commoner consort every 35 years makes the Bernadottes a bit less royal than perhaps they would like to be.
agree 100% and that's no different from other royal houses around who finally had to accept a commoner with commoner baggage on his or her back.

I had noticed that during the words they exchanged, although could not understand what they were saying, only Victoria appeared animated. The King and the Queen were more restrained. Then again, not everyone jumps up and down every time they are happy and excited.:flowers:

No not everyone does but still there is something called bodylanguage. The video was not live but pre-filmed at home. I thought the King was the King, no surprises but I had expected more warmth from Silvia, again, body language, instead her statements seemed forced and not "from the heart" to me.

In general I think the monarchs are trained not to give too much away but I would expect and have seen different from the consort, both ways.
Maxima did a similar interview situation and what a difference, with Beatrix and Claus openly showing affection towards the new family member and giving her priceless support for a good start.
The Spanish King & Queen didn't even bother to give an interview, the Queen did her famous vinegar face and held hands with her son on the engagement pic :ohmy:

Earlier it was said Emma did suffer from a flu and that´s why she didn´t attend the engagement party on Friday.
Emma told Svensk Damtidning, that they had decided for a break on Sunday.
:whistling::whistling::whistling: I've said it before unless you are almost dead and wear your head under the arm you will show up at such an occasion. It was clear that a statement was due, confirming what had been avoided to be confirmed for a long time. In terms of marriage, it seems to me CP is as interested in it as Prince William and either Emma had enough of being a Waity Emma after such a long time or there had not been enough substance in their relationship anyway, kind of a "walker" situation that finally had to end at some point.

Perhaps more insights on Victoria's engagement can be given in this thread about the engagement. That way we can keep this thread for her brother and his separation :flowers:

Last edited:
I just published photos of Carl Philips new girlfriend....She is 18 yrs and a chainsmoking partygirl;) Silvia is going to be even more mad now! Her name is Stephanie and she lives i the southern part of Sweden (Ängelholm) where CP is studying right now. It´s not confirmed, still only on the gossip level...Swedish Royal Wedding

Oh god! I hope it's only gossip!!

The girl has a blog together with her girl friend, just "young girls having fun"- kind of.
But today she wrote:
"I woke up at 5 a.m this morning because the person in my bed is going to Miami today..." So I´m really hunting some info right now to check if Carl Philip is on his way to Miami right now. Will get back soon as I know ;)

This is nonsense, and I hope you are aware that it is nothing but a joke.
The 'Stephanie' story happens to be a few weeks old. A girl who met the Prince at a party had her friends take cell phone pics of herself sitting next to him that evening, and now she fills her blog with this crap.
Sometimes I'd wish for a 'license to blog' on this wonderful world wide web.
It's called a hoax.

I don't believe in that. He's still in good relation with Emma.

This is nonsense, and I hope you are aware that it is nothing but a joke.
The 'Stephanie' story happens to be a few weeks old. A girl who met the Prince at a party had her friends take cell phone pics of herself sitting next to him that evening, and now she fills her blog with this crap.
Sometimes I'd wish for a 'license to blog' on this wonderful world wide web.
It's called a hoax.

Boris, I really hope that you are right!

It´s just that I heard it from so many people lately, just hope the Prince still have som good judgement left. The girls (and guys) are all over the shy boy, so he can just pick´n choose!

Well, a "I am the prince and pick me out of the queue, what I want"-phase is overdue, but I am really doubting, he is going for an 18 years old Paris Hilton-wannabe.
I think the girls wanted to have their photos taken, got them and that´s it.
She already wrote in November, that Carl Philip dumped Emma in favour of her. Obviously a joke from a "prince stalker"...since Carl Philip was then still many many km away from South Sweden living.
Well, of course it can´t be excluded, that he moved for her...but then I´d really give up on him ;)

Well, a "I am the prince and pick me out of the queue, what I want"-phase is overdue, but I am really doubting, he is going for an 18 years old Paris Hilton-wannabe.
I think the girls wanted to have their photos taken, got them and that´s it.
She already wrote in November, that Carl Philip dumped Emma in favour of her. Obviously a joke from a "prince stalker"...since Carl Philip was then still many many km away from South Sweden living.
Well, of course it can´t be excluded, that he moved for her...but then I´d really give up on him ;)

If he moved across the country for her, than he must be in love or she must be the lay of the land ;) If this is true, I am sure Sylvia's face melted :whistling: with anger when she heard the news.

Any news about Carl Philip private life? He's back to Emma, he's still single or he's dating with this awful funny girl?

I guess even him can´t answer that ;) And that they are Swedes doesn´t help the matter either...:rolleyes:

That´s the (most recent) status quo (scroll down to see the photo serie)
Carl Philip och Emma tillsammans igen … | svenskdam.se
Emma and Carl Philip had attended a wedding together. But it might be, that they got the invitation before the break-up and were there as friends. Heaven knows...

They're back together again..oh GOD I 'm gonna be sick.MOVE ON.

Nobody seriously claimed that they are back together again.
They attended a wedding of a mutual acquaintance and obviously stayed friends.

Looking at the pics, they don't look "together" but I imagine that it would be hard to know how to behave as friends with someone you dated for NINE YEARS!!!

I wonder if they really split up. Maybe that's the same story what with Will and Kate. Press still writing about engagement and pressure was so high that they officially ,,split up" but in fact it was said later that there was just story for press. That was good point becouse now they have quite low profile and some people are a little bored about if they at last married or not. Maybe CP and Emma have the same? Or maybe from some time they were more friends than partners so at last they finish relationship and are still really good friends. Who knows?

But they were very nice couple.

Since the split between the prince and miss Pernald seems to be permanent, there is no point of letting this thread go on and on, so the moderators decided to close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom