Pre-Wedding Information for Carl Philip and Sofia

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's weak that Luxembourg doesn't send anyone, looking at the delegation that went there in 2012, even though Carl Philip's position isn't similar. They could at least have sent Félix and Claire if Guillaume and Stéphanie and Henri and Maria-Teresa have other commitments.

Spain and Monaco, okay, understandable I suppose.

I am surprised about the Luxemburg absence as well....
BYe Bine

I'm sorry if I have missed this, but is anyone from the British Royal Family attending?

I think it's weak that Luxembourg doesn't send anyone, looking at the delegation that went there in 2012, even though Carl Philip's position isn't similar. They could at least have sent Félix and Claire if Guillaume and Stéphanie and Henri and Maria-Teresa have other commitments.

Or Guillaume and Siblilla. They have often attended foreign Royal Weddings.

No one from Spain or Monaco no surprises there!

I don't think the younger children to Henri and Maria-Theresa are close to the Swedish royal family. They have probably only met very few times so i understand that they don't send anyone if Henri, Maria-Theresa, Gulliaume and Stephanie is unavailable. After all this is more of a family wedding with those you really know among the guests and not a state wedding for a heir to the throne when you must send representation wether the bridal couple know them or not. So it is not that surprising.

Spain does not surprise me as they rarely send anyone. Though Monaco is a little bit surprising as Albert is and have always been very close to the swedish royals. But you can't get everyone you want :)

Such a disappointment, the lovely countess Gunnila Bernadotte af Wisborg isn't attending at the wedding. I hope that she is in good health. She is the patron of the Båstad Chamber Music Festival and according to the program she is attending at the opening ceremony on 22nd June.

I also noticed that. It worries me that she might be ill. She's 92 and lives in Båstad so i understand if she doesn't have the strength anymore to go to Stockholm but i really don't hope she is very ill. She's always a lovely sight. So full of grace and dignity, yet very nice and humourous.

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed any Westling or Oneill names on the guest list?
I remember Prince Daniels sister attended Princess Madeleine's wedding in 2013...im wondering if invitations were also sent to the siblings in laws this this time round

Has anyone noticed any Westling or Oneill names on the guest list?
I remember Prince Daniels sister attended Princess Madeleine's wedding in 2013...im wondering if invitations were also sent to the siblings in laws this this time round

We don't know if someone of prince Daniel's family were invited, but they are not attending. I personally think that if they would have been invited, they would attend. No relatives of Chris either.
Louise Gottlieb and Lovisa de Geer of Madeleine's friends are attending. No friends of Victoria: no Andrea Brodin, no Caroline Nilsson, no Leonie and Karl-Johan Persson, no Caroline Dinkelspiel, who all attended at Madeleine's wedding.

Last edited:
Don't know if Daniels sister were invited. We will never know for sure. Maybe she's abroad on holiday and couldn't attend.

Daniels parents have asked to not be invited to events like this (if it's not about Daniel and his own family) as they want to continue to be private.

Daniels parents have asked to not be invited to events like this (if it's not about Daniel and his own family) as they want to continue to be private.

Very sensible people they are.

I think they are having the people they are close to at the wedding which is a good thing.When they look back on the day they will see and remember those they love sharing one of the biggest and most important events in their lives.

Very sensible people they are.

They don't like any media attention at all at themselves. Yet they come when they are invited by Daniel and/or Victoria. They always stays in the background and have never spoken out in media about the royal family. I have huge respect for them for that.

Last edited:
Who pays for the guests accommodation at Royal weddings? They always seem to stay in top notch accommodation so I was wondering if the guests pay for their rooms themselves.

Who pays for the guests accommodation at Royal weddings? They always seem to stay in top notch accommodation so I was wondering if the guests pay for their rooms themselves.

Don't know how they do this time, nor how they did at Madeleines wedding but to Victorias wedding wich ofcourse was much bigger i know the King booked half of all the rooms at Grand Hotel and half of all the rooms at Reisen Hotel. Guests also stayed at the Royal Palace, Drottningholm Palace and at the danish and norwegian royal ships.

Last edited:
I am so glad Estelle will be in the wedding

What time does the party start tonight?

Last edited:
Leonore isn't on the list. Does anyone recall if Estelle was on the published list for M&C's wedding?

Leonore isn't on the list. Does anyone recall if Estelle was on the published list for M&C's wedding?

No she wasn't. They always said that she would attend if she was in good spirits. If she had a bad day she would not attend. It's probably the same situation for Leonore now.

It was only a matter of time before the Daily Mail got into the act. Its their lead story online. Sofia is described as "The tattooed topless model"

I wonder why the Swedish Court uses all sorts of languages on their guestlist?

They use Swedish and English for one couple:
H.K.H. Prinsessan Madeleine
Mr Christopher O'Neill

They say in Swedish
Fröken Anaïs Sommerlath

They say in English
Miss Helene Sommerlath

They say in English
H.M. Queen Máxima

They say in Swedish
H.M. Drottning Sonja

It is a strange mix. I would say: do it all in Swedish or do it all in English, not mix this and mix that.

:previous: I've noticed they used swedish with swedish royal members and english for foreigners...

:previous: I've noticed they used swedish with swedish royal members and english for foreigners...

They use Swedish too for Danes, for Norwegians, etc. But the Hofdame (Hovdam in Swedish) of Queen Máxima is suddenly "Mrs Van Karnebeek-Thijssen, Lady-in-Waiting to Queen Máxima". So apparently Nordic persons are addressed in Swedish and others in English, this even extends to Mr O'Neill vs Herr Behn...

They use Swedish too for Danes, for Norwegians, etc. But the Hofdame (Hovdam in Swedish) of Queen Máxima is suddenly "Mrs Van Karnebeek-Thijssen, Lady-in-Waiting to Queen Máxima". So apparently Nordic persons are addressed in Swedish and others in English, this even extends to Mr O'Neill vs Herr Behn...

Ah I see... it makes no sense at all to me too then:flowers:

I can understand "Mr O'Neill" as Chris has made it clear that he is not Swedish and doesn't want to be Swedish. He is treated as a foreigner then like other foreign guests. I suppose the Danes and Norwegians on the other hand are "like Swedes" in the Swedes' eyes, hence their use of the Swedish language although Swedish is actually different from Danish/Norwegian (like Portuguese and Spanish, I guess).

I don't get the logic behind the alternate use of English and Swedish to refer to the Sommerlaths though.

Last edited:
Complete list of the (non-Swedish) ladies-in-waiting and/or aide-de-camps in attendance (again using Swedish for the Nordic royals and English for the non-Nordic royals). It is nice that they have been recognized.

Hovdamen Grevinnan Jytte Krag-Juel-Vind-Frijs, till Drottning Margrethe
av Danmark
Adjutanten Örlogskapten Ole B. Pedersen, Adjutant till Drottning
Margrethe av Danmark
Hovdam Monica Watterud, till Drottning Sonja av Norge
Mrs J M van Karnebeek-Thijssen, Lady-in-Waiting to HM Queen Máxima
Mrs Melissa van Waeyenberge, Lady-in-Waiting to HM Queen Mathilde
Ms Sumiko Nakamura, Lady-in-Waiting, to HIH Princess Takamado
Adjutanten Örlogskapten Michael L. Bager, till Kronprinsparet av Danmark
Adjutanten Kapten Magnus Wangberg, till Kronprins Haakon av Norge

Last edited:
It was only a matter of time before the Daily Mail got into the act. Its their lead story online. Sofia is described as "The tattooed topless model"

Are you surprised? Years from now when she is a stooped, blue haired granny that's probably the information will headline every story written about the HRH The Duchess of Varmland....not Project Playground for certain.:cool:

Unless she cures cancer or negotiates peace in the Middle East, she is always going to be the topless Princess.:sad:

But the die is cast. The SRF is just going to have to make the best of things now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom