Pre-Wedding Information for Carl Philip and Sofia

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish those fabulous boats were used once a year in some grand national event instead of almost never

Svensk Damtidning met Victoria's chambermaid/stylist Tina Törnqvist at an event in Hotel Diplomat on Wednesday and asked her about Victoria's dress at the wedding. "It shall be a surprise, but it will be something cool", said Tina. Who is styling Estelle? "Her mother makes that", Tina said.
https://instagram.com/p/3wZAaYpLDM/?taken-by=svenskdamtidning

When I first read this on another post I thought it was a joke... it seems it isn't now then...:ohmy:
You highlighted the mention of Sofia's hairdresser so I assume he is the target of your comment. He (with his wife) has for 13+ years had a very successful salon in central Stockholm and often participates in that capacity in major events and shows. I am sure all the recent princesses that have married have included their personal stylists, hairdressers, make-up assistants and other professionals in their guest list.

You can listen to their wedding waltz here:
They have chosen "Sofia's bridal waltz", performed by Per Bredhammar. And this Bredhammar told about this to a newspaper yesterday. The waltz has been written by Pelle Arhio to a wedding of another Sofia in 2012. The court wanted Bredhammar to sing it live but they came to the conclusion that there was no place for only one song.
Han fixar prinsens brudvals - Arboga - bblat.se
Translation

Last edited:
You highlighted the mention of Sofia's hairdresser so I assume he is the target of your comment. He (with his wife) has for 13+ years had a very successful salon in central Stockholm and often participates in that capacity in major events and shows. I am sure all the recent princesses that have married have included their personal stylists, hairdressers, make-up assistants and other professionals in their guest list.

I'm quite sure of the contrary - I cannot think of Queen Silvia or others in my generation to include their hairdressers or such to ones wedding .. why would I? If they happen to be personal friends as well, that's another thing.

I would imagine that the dress designer, the hairdresser, makeup artist and such would be on hand during the day if only for the reason being that they're needed for a quick repair.

No Guillaume and Stephanie to the wedding. They have another event the saturday. To bad.

That does indeed surprise me. C-P went to their wedding in 2012, and G/S attended Madeleine's wedding.

I wonder who the Grand Ducal Court will send? Anyone?

That does indeed surprise me. C-P went to their wedding in 2012, and G/S attended Madeleine's wedding.

I wonder who the Grand Ducal Court will send? Anyone?

If neither of Maria-Theresa, Gulliaume or Stephanie will attend so probably none.

Who is going to celebrate the wedding ? Will it be the new female Archbishop of Uppsala ?

Who is going to celebrate the wedding ? Will it be the new female Archbishop of Uppsala ?

The officiating clergy will be the Right Reverend Lars-Göran Lönnermark, Bishop Emeritus and Chief Court Chaplain, and the Reverend Michael Bjerkhagen, Court Chaplain and Rector of the Royal Court Parish. We will see if the archbishop is among the wedding guests.

If neither of Maria-Theresa, Gulliaume or Stephanie will attend so probably none.

Maybe Felix and Claire, or even Louis/Tessy?

The two families seem to be on warm terms, so I can't imagine that they would send no one especially when they sent representation to both Victoria's and Madeleine's weddings.

I can't wait the wedding. I am so excited about all the wedding stuff (Clothing, jewellery, smiles,....). Has anyone else the same feelings?

The two families seem to be on warm terms, so I can't imagine that they would send no one especially when they sent representation to both Victoria's and Madeleine's weddings.

I have a feeling that no one from Luxembourg, Spain or Monaco will attend.

Would be fun but i don't think they send anyone unless the Grand ducal couple or the heteditary Grand ducal couple are available. At Victorias wedding it was Henri, Maria-Theresa and Gulliaume and at Madeleines wedding Gulliaume and Stephanie.

I can't wait the wedding. I am so excited about all the wedding stuff (Clothing, jewellery, smiles,....). Has anyone else the same feelings?

Yeah it feels it is close now :)

Yes, lets get this party started!

Countess Marianne Bernadotte told to Svensk Damtidning that she is going to wear the dress she wore on her 90th birthday celebration last year, designed by Pär Engsheden. Vicky Andrén Magnuson told that her dress is from Karin Tranaeus Design.

Well the guest list has been released

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/prinsbrollopet/article20952174.ab

Four Queens, princess Takamado, Edward & Sophie, Tatiana & Nikolaus, a few Wittelsbachs, Hubertus of Sachsen-Coburg-Gotha without his heavily pregnant wife Kelly and a whole truckload of Bernadottes and Scandinavian royals. The Bourbons from both Luxenburg and Spain has decided to stay at home.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
Not surprised about Spain, rather am surprised about Luxembourg.

And Monaco too, btw.

Guillaume and Stephanie have an engagement on Saturday, I don't know what Henri and Maria-Teresa are up to.

But didn't they have almost a year's notice to adjust their schedules?:cool:

Guillaume and Stephanie have an engagement on Saturday, I don't know what Henri and Maria-Teresa are up to.

But didn't they have almost a year's notice to adjust their schedules?:cool:

Grand Duke Henri attends today at the opening ceremony of the European Games in Baku, Republic of Azerbaijan. He will also follow various competitions, so I think he stays there a couple of days.

There will not be many royals at this wedding, is this list of guests sure? because there are less royals than to the wedding of Madeleine.
Prince Albert will be at Baku for the opening of the exhibition of Princess Grace and Charlene will be present to the opening of the tv festival and the Mare NOstrum swimming to morrow.

Well the guest list has been released

De är bjudna på prinsens och Sofias stora dag | Prinsbröllopet | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Four Queens, princess Takamado, Edward & Sophie, Tatiana & Nikolaus, a few Wittelsbachs, Hubertus of Sachsen-Coburg-Gotha without his heavily pregnant wife Kelly and a whole truckload of Bernadottes and Scandinavian royals. The Bourbons from both Luxenburg and Spain has decided to stay at home.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Aftonbladet also writes that they have confirmed the bridal children as:
-Princess Estelle
-Chloé Sommerlath
-Anaïs Sommerlath
-Tiara Larsson (Sofia's goddaughter)

They say that Carl-Philip's friend from school, Jan-Åke Hansson, will be his best man.

The guest list has now been uploaded to the Royal Court website, the same as what the papers published earlier:
http://www.kungahuset.se/download/1...7a2/1434094979404/150613_Gastlista_vigsel.pdf

Last edited:
I think it's weak that Luxembourg doesn't send anyone, looking at the delegation that went there in 2012, even though Carl Philip's position isn't similar. They could at least have sent Félix and Claire if Guillaume and Stéphanie and Henri and Maria-Teresa have other commitments.

Spain and Monaco, okay, understandable I suppose.

Such a disappointment, the lovely countess Gunnila Bernadotte af Wisborg isn't attending at the wedding. I hope that she is in good health. She is the patron of the Båstad Chamber Music Festival and according to the program she is attending at the opening ceremony on 22nd June.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom