Pre-Wedding Information for Carl Philip and Sofia

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Expressen tells that there was a rehearsal to the wedding yesterday late in the afternoon at the Royal Palace. Sofia arrived to the Palace with her Mitsubishi. Maline Sommerlath came to the Palace with her daughters Chloé and Anais, they are thought to be bridal children. Sofia's friend from Paradise Hotel, her hairdresser Marre Hitti came there, he is going to do Sofia's hairdo to the wedding. Sofia's friend, make-up artist William Värnild came also to the Palace. Also reverend Michael Bjerkhagen was at the rehearsal. Right after 21.00 Sofia left the Palace.
Sofias hemliga genrep på slottet _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation

Last edited:
Expressen tells that there was a rehearsal to the wedding yesterday late in the afternoon at the Royal Palace. Sofia arrived to the Palace with her Mitsubishi. Maline Sommerlath came to the Palace with her daughters Chloé and Anais, they are thought to be bridal children. Sofia's friend from Paradise Hotel, her hairdresser Marre Hitti came there, he is going to do Sofia's hairdo to the wedding. Sofia's friend, make-up artist William Värnild came also to the Palace. Also reverend Michael Bjerkhagen was at the rehearsal. Right after 21.00 Sofia left the Palace.
Sofias hemliga genrep på slottet _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation
When I first read this on another post I thought it was a joke... it seems it isn't now then...:ohmy:

When I first read this on another post I thought it was a joke... it seems it isn't now then...:ohmy:

It was definitely not a joke. I spoke to a person in the court diocese i know and all days until the weddinh are now fully booked with different kinds of Rehearsals and preparations.

It is very close now ??

It was definitely not a joke. I spoke to a person in the court diocese i know and all days until the weddinh are now fully booked with different kinds of Rehearsals and preparations.

It is very close now ??

I was referring to Sofia's friend from that reality show:lol:. Anyway, interesting... you've got important contacts then...:)

Chloe and Anais Sommerlath will be well practised at being flower girls, they were part of Madeleine's wedding too!

In America, the evening prior to the actual ceremony, the wedding party reenacts the entire wedding ceremony. Almost like a "dress performance" without the actual dresses. After getting ceremony correct in eyes of minister or priest, the wedding party has a lovely rehearsal dinner then leaves to get sleep and ready for next exciting day. This dinner is not for all attending wedding, just principle members of the ceremony. Here it is the responsibility of the grooms parents to provide this dinner as the bride's parents will provide the wedding reception after the wedding event. The rehearsal dinner is a lively happy event among close friends and normally only private photos are taken and cherished.

The bride doesn't actually rehearse as it is considered "bad luck". Now in the US the rehearsal dinner has become oftentimes not just a dinner for those in the wedding party but an "out of town guests" dinner.

The wedding is apparently scheduled for 4.30 pm Swedish time. That's 12.30 am Sunday morning where I live. Not sure I'll be able to stay awake long enough to watch the TV coverage, if I can even find it. I have a VPN so I can pretend I'm watching from Sweden. That won't help me stay awake though.

According to Billed Bladed, Prince Nikolaos and Princess Tatiana of Greece will be amoung the guests.
Prins Nikolaos og prinsesse Tatiana kommer også til det svenske bryllup | Billed Bladet

Nice :) I began to think that there may not be anyone there from the former Greek royal family.
Not surprising that it is the Prince Couple who will be there and not the Crown Prince Couple given at Nikolaos have always been the closest to Victoria, Carl-Philip and Madeleine.

But i am a little bit surprised that Nikolaos parents apparently won't be there.

Last edited:
King Konstantin and Queen Anne-Marie also didn't attend Princess Madeleine's wedding. But back then the family was represented by Pavlos and MC, Nikolaos and Tatiana, Theodora and Nikolaos.

Nothing about the Berleburgs so far. Since Billed Bladed hasn't yet found out anything, I fear there won't be anyone from that family.:sad:

King Konstantin and Queen Anne-Marie also didn't attend Princess Madeleine's wedding. But back then the family was represented by Pavlos and MC, Nikolaos and Tatiana, Theodora and Nikolaos.

Nothing about the Berleburgs so far. Since Billed Bladed hasn't yet found out anything, I fear there won't be anyone from that family.:sad:

Maybe C and A-M see it as a question of court protocol even if it's not really the case for them as they aren't ruling their country. But who knows.

Benedikte will definitely not attend this time as everyone else from Denmark will and she has to stay and "hold the fort".
Don't know if Gustav and Carina will attend. I have always had a feeling that the Berleburg children is not very close to the swedish royals (though their parents are).

It looks like everything is on a bigger scale for CP than for Madeleine.

Of course it is. He is higher in the line of succession, he is a former Crown Prince and he is the next link in the royal dynasty, descending in direct and unbroken male lineage from the first Bernadotte King and destined to extend the link furtherer.

It looks like everything is on a bigger scale for CP than for Madeleine.

Maybe but i belive it's according to their wishes. It is said that Madeleine didn't even wanted her wedding to be broadcasted from the beginning.

That there are more soliders this time is because the cortege route is much longer. Madeleine and Chris only took a short route from the palace to Riddarholmen and there went onboard a ship.

Anything closer to Victoria wedding! Will they row those wonderful boats?

Anything closer to Victoria wedding! Will they row those wonderful boats?

The Vasaorden? No there will be no Tour with it through the Waters of Stockholm.
But as the carriage ends at Logarden it think there is a possibilita that like at the Kind and Queen's and Victoria's Wedding the guests will come out to Logarden to receive the bridal Couple there when they come back to the Palace.

Oh... i'd so love to see P. Caroline of Monaco among the guests... But that's just probably me dreaming...

Maybe but i belive it's according to their wishes. It is said that Madeleine didn't even wanted her wedding to be broadcasted from the beginning.

That there are more soliders this time is because the cortege route is much longer. Madeleine and Chris only took a short route from the palace to Riddarholmen and there went onboard a ship.

Yes, I think too that the bigger amount soldiers is mostly because of the longer cortege route. But it will not be anything like at Victoria's wedding, there were over 6000 soldiers including members of the volunteer defence organisations and the Home Guard.

According to Expressen's article, there will be five military bands at the cortege route.
Här är din guide till prinsvigseln på lördag _ Nyheter _ Expressen

At Madeleine's wedding there were three military bands and at Victoria's twenty bands.

Vasaorden is the boat? The carriage is nice but with the boat through the waters is more romantic.

Yes, Vasaorden is the boat but no boat for Carl Philip and Sofia. And I don't think it would suit them.

Yes, Vasaorden is the boat but no boat for Carl Philip and Sofia. And I don't think it would suit them.

Why would the spectacular Vasaorden "not suit" Their Royal Highnesses Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia of Sweden, Duke and Duchess of Värmland?

Picture: the Vasaorden in action.

Why would the spectacular Vasaorden "not suit" Their Royal Highnesses Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia of Sweden, Duke and Duchess of Värmland?

Picture: the Vasaorden in action.

Don't know if this discussion is suitable in this thread...

Maybe because IT'S remarkable. Vasaorden is rarely used on very special occasions, and has only been used twice this millenium. The state vist from the Japanese Emperor and Empress in 2000, and the Crown Princess Wedding in 2010.

I understand. It is not because Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia are "unworthy", it is because the Vasaorden is connected with the grandest royal events, with a (future) Sovereign. In that sense it is indeed a bit 'too much'.

Ah, Kingen already explained. Thanks. And I still think it wouldn't suit their personalities and the kind of wedding they want either.

Last edited:
Of course it is. He is higher in the line of succession, he is a former Crown Prince and he is the next link in the royal dynasty, descending in direct and unbroken male lineage from the first Bernadotte King and destined to extend the link furtherer.

You keep repeating this. But do you think that in a few generations the hypothetical first son of Carl Philips hypothetical first son will be seen more as the Head of the Bernadottes than a hypthetical first daughter of a hypothetical first daughter of Victoria?
I don't think his gender or the fact that he was Crown Prince a few months make him more important to the Bernadotte history than his younger sister.

Last edited:
You keep repeating this. But do you think that in a few generations the hypothetical first son of Carl Philips hypothetical first son will be seen more as the Head of the Bernadottes than a hypthetical first daughter of a hypothetical first daughter of Victoria?
I don't think his gender or the fact that he was Crown Prince a few months will matter to the Bernadotte history.

I see it like you; him having been a crown prince or beeing male won't change a thing now. I very much hope the days of the patrichiat are gone.

Apart from that - I could never see why the male line should be more important, than the female line...

Has the royal court issued a guest list yet ?

:previous: Not yet. I fear it won't be published before Friday, but I hope for tomorrow.

I don't think his gender or the fact that he was Crown Prince a few months make him more important to the Bernadotte history than his younger sister.

This exactly! I think the reason his wedding is more "grand" than Madeline's is because that is the way each sibling wanted it. Nothing more, nothing less. I would bet that the fact he was at one time the Crown Prince has nothing to do with it.

Oh... i'd so love to see P. Caroline of Monaco among the guests... But that's just probably me dreaming...

I'd be ecstatic, but sadly I don't think there is a chance. Caroline seems to have "retired" from attending Royal weddings and funerals. She only came out if retirement in 2012 for Guillaume and Stephanie of Luxembourg's wedding perhaps because Grand Duke Henri is a childhood friend.

I understand. It is not because Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia are "unworthy", it is because the Vasaorden is connected with the grandest royal events, with a (future) Sovereign. In that sense it is indeed a bit 'too much'.

well... in a way they are unworthy, based on the impressive credentials of the previous events where the vasaorden was used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom