Pre-Wedding Information for Carl Philip and Sofia

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people have taken Prince Carl Philip's words, ran with it and are trying to make it out what they want.

And why would they even try to control things like this? It's not like the press department knows better than the rest of the media when it's the best time to publish interviews. Their call.

Because the court press department should promote the work the royal family does, to what they use the apanage for, which the people of Sweden pay from their tax money. The court does an extremely lousy job in trying to get the press to tell about their work and not just of the love stories, royal women's clothes and the children.
Lindwall on Expressen has made some good articles about the queen's work with dementia and Victoria's and Daniel's visits on Kalmar and Gotland and told about their meetings with the asylum seekers and refugees. Otherwise, the press tells about the clothes.
Now when there was the state visit where the king, the head of state, is the host, it would have been a great opportunity to tell about the real work and meetings during the state visit and not just about the tiaras and clothes. Most of the people don't know at all what the royals do during the state visits, they think that they attend just glittery events. Instead the press concentrated on interviews of Carl Philip and Sofia during the state visit. Hardly anything about that on yesterday and today, but just during the state visit.
Another big lost opportunity to the court press department.

Last edited:
Posts about Sofia's past have been moved to the thread about Sofia's past & future, which you can find here.

There is a huge amount of very negative comments in various articles and forums about the interview and especially regarding Carl Philip's comment on love. Everyone thought at once about Emma and the ten years she spent with Carl Philip. And are angry because of her. It is not strange at all that the magazines are calling to Emma for a comment. Of course they make a story about something that has made people react.
Maybe Carl Philip didn't think before he answered, but he is 36 years old and should have learned that a royal must think about everything he says. And Emma is one of Madeleine's closest friends...

Perhaps he could have worded it a bit differently but since Emma has moved on and seems happily married with a child, how do we know she doesn't feel the same way? Every relationship is different and brings new insights and experiences to the two people involved. After 10 years together if they couldn't take that final step (marriage) it should have been obvious to both of them that it was time of move on. She fell in love again, got married and started a family and now it's CP's turn.

Perhaps he could have worded it a bit differently but since Emma has moved on and seems happily married with a child, how do we know she doesn't feel the same way? Every relationship is different and brings new insights and experiences to the two people involved. After 10 years together if they couldn't take that final step (marriage) it should have been obvious to both of them that it was time of move on. She fell in love again, got married and started a family and now it's CP's turn.

I have to agree with this. When you're on the verge of your wedding and you're talking about the person that's to become your spouse, it would seem odd if the words weren't full of the best possible phrases one could use. To me, its obvious that CP was thinking very much in the present and speaking of the one he is to marry.

I've referred to my second husband as the love of my life and best friend. I never thought (nor did anyone else) that it was in any way a slur against my first husband. It expressed the feeling of now.

BB informs that Joachim and our Marie will also go to the wedding: Prinsesse Marie og prins Joachim også til svensk bryllup | Billed Bladet

That means Benedikte will stay at home and man the fort as Rigsforstander.

Prince Henrik won't go. He's too busy in June and it has never been the intention that he should attend the wedding, so it is not a cancellation: Hoffet: Derfor kommer prins Henrik ikke til bryllup i Sverige | Billed Bladet

Be there all the scandinavian princess. There would be a shame lacked Marie?:)

That is wonderful. I hope to see and Queen Letizia.

Girls just want to have fun like Cynti Lauper say an aold song if you remember anyone.

Svensk Damtidning against Expressen. Let's see who has better sources.

Vasaorden is the boat? The carriage is nice but with the boat through the waters is more romantic.

Something cool? Intrigued me to see that cool.

No Guillaume and Stephanie to the wedding. They have another event the saturday. To bad.

I agree very suprised about Luxembourg. No one?

Sofia tomorrow married her Prince i don't think she cares so much about anything else.

Lets the party begin. With all the dresses, tiaras, jewles and costums don't leave the mens to complain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because the court press department should promote the work the royal family does, to what they use the apanage for, which the people of Sweden pay from their tax money. The court does an extremely lousy job in trying to get the press to tell about their work and not just of the love stories, royal women's clothes and the children.
Lindwall on Expressen has made some good articles about the queen's work with dementia and Victoria's and Daniel's visits on Kalmar and Gotland and told about their meetings with the asylum seekers and refugees. Otherwise, the press tells about the clothes.
Now when there was the state visit where the king, the head of state, is the host, it would have been a great opportunity to tell about the real work and meetings during the state visit and not just about the tiaras and clothes. Most of the people don't know at all what the royals do during the state visits, they think that they attend just glittery events. Instead the press concentrated on interviews of Carl Philip and Sofia during the state visit. Hardly anything about that on yesterday and today, but just during the state visit.
Another big lost opportunity to the court press department.

I've often thought the same. Afaik both BRF & DRF have made series that describes the entire court from top to bottom, the ceremonies, what the royal family members do all day including QMII checking the guest rooms (even smelling the bathroom soap iirc) ahead of a State visit & QEII inspecting the flower arrangements ahead of a banquet.
SRF has never done anything like it and the way they've been battered by the media concerning the private life of the King and the wartime activities of the Queens father I don't see it happening in the near future either.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

BB informs that Joachim and our Marie will also go to the wedding: Prinsesse Marie og prins Joachim også til svensk bryllup | Billed Bladet

That means Benedikte will stay at home and man the fort as Rigsforstander.

Prince Henrik won't go. He's too busy in June and it has never been the intention that he should attend the wedding, so it is not a cancellation: Hoffet: Derfor kommer prins Henrik ikke til bryllup i Sverige | Billed Bladet

Its now on the court calendar
H.M. Dronningen, Kronprinsparret samt D.K.H. Prins Joachim og Prinsesse Marie deltager i vielse og efterfølgende middag for H.K.H. Prins Carl Philip og Fr. Sofia Hellqvist. Stockholm, Sverige, kl. 15.30.
H.M. Dronningen, Kronprinsparret samt D.K.H. Prins Joachim og Prinsesse Marie deltager i vielse og efterfølgende middag for H.K.H. Prins Carl Philip og Fr. Sofia Hellqvist kl. 15.30 - Kongehuset

Joachim is listed as regent on the 12th of June. The Queen will be in Norway, Maybe Frederik and Mary are going to the pre party on the 12th ?

Last edited:
Does anybody have a link to where I can watch the wedding live, on Saturday ? I
Thanks for any help you may be able to give me.

I've often thought the same. Afaik both BRF & DRF have made series that describes the entire court from top to bottom, the ceremonies, what the royal family members do all day including QMII checking the guest rooms (even smelling the bathroom soap iirc) ahead of a State visit & QEII inspecting the flower arrangements ahead of a banquet.
SRF has never done anything like it and the way they've been battered by the media concerning the private life of the King and the wartime activities of the Queens father I don't see it happening in the near future either.

Oh yes. We have seen Queen Silvia inspecting the Karl XI's Gallery before an official dinner. The flowers and the setting of the table.

But I agree, we don't see it very often, and I don't know if that is the important part of their work.

Only one hour , 16.30 and 17.30 ?
I suppose the guest are arriving since 15.30 ?

German ZDF will start broadcasting at 15.35. So sure the Swedish tv will also show the arrival of the guests.

There are different kinds of love, perhaps he loved her but was never in love with her and that is why they never married. You can't force yourself to be in love with someone no matter how hard you try. I think it took them 10 years to realize they were not right for each other and end it.

Well how SVT will broadcast has been known for quite a while, and could be found in their Tv Guide (svt.se). SVT just hasn't chosen to write the different parts of the wedding (e.g. arrival of guests, ceremony, dinner) in the TV Guide but call it Prinsbröllopet. All in all 9 hours non-stop broadcast.

SVT1 15:00 - The Princely Wedding (15.00-17.50)
SVT2 16.30 - The Princely Wedding - Sign Language Interpretation Broadcast (16.30-17.30)
SVT2 17.50 - The Princely Wedding (17.50-20.00)
SVT1 20.00 - The Princely Wedding (20.00-00.00)

TV-tablå | SVT.se

Last edited:
I thought she wouldn't be going, as she is to have an engagement that day!

Maxima attending is indeed surprising.

Her engagement with the scouts is still on the calendar, if that is a morning event she could be doing both?

The point with Mr Lindwall's Instagram picture is that SVT accidentally called Sofia, Sofia Hellström and not Hellqvist.

Of course I noticed that, that is why I posted it...

Wonderful news! I had feared that there wouldn't be anyone from NL since Maxima had also another engagement on her calendar. But if she goes on the private plane there is no waiting involved, not checking in and waiting for luggage, maybe she has her hair done on board... everything will be organized by somebody else. So I think it can be done.

But no Kings? Queen Sonja without King Harald, Queen Mathilde without King Philippe, Queen Maxima without King Philippe, Queen Margrethe without King Henrik(ahem)...??

Maxima attending is indeed surprising.

Her engagement with the scouts is still on the calendar, if that is a morning event she could be doing both?

The flight to Stockholm should be two hours or less, so assuming that the Scouting event is in the morning it could be done. The event in Zeewolde is 20 minutes away from the airport or so. Perhaps the hair and make-up people will start working while up in the air, let's hope there won't be too much turbulance. I didn't expect her to go though, perhaps they altered plans after they noticed the attendance from Belgium.

The only foreign royal wedding on non-heirs/monarchs/family that a Dutch monarch or consort ever visited were those of the Duke of York and the Infanta Elena IIRC. Prince Claus only accompanied Q. Beatrix to the first of those. So in that light Maxima's attendance is exceptional. At the time of Madeleine s wedding they said that Maxima and WA couldn't attend as the king hadn't paid a courtesy visit to Sweden yet. I do not know if that is true.

They do not have many members to pick from as Constantijn and Laurentien have full-time jobs and Beatrix, Margriet and Pieter are slowing down. Anyway, another tiara to look forward to.

Last edited:
So, from what we know, the following royals will be attending the wedding:

The Queen of Denmark.
The Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Denmark.
Prince Joachim and Princess Marie of Denmark.

The Queen of Norway.
The Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Norway.
Princess Marthä Louise and Mr. Ari Behn.

The Queen of the Netherlands.

The Queen of the Belgians.

The Princess Takamado (Japan).

The Earl and Countess of Wessex (UK).

I wonder who, if anyone, will represent Spain, Luxembourg and Monaco. I doubt Liechtenstein will send a representative, but I could be surprised.

But no Kings? Queen Sonja without King Harald, Queen Mathilde without King Philippe, Queen Maxima without King Philippe, Queen Margrethe without King Henrik(ahem)...??

King Carl XVI Gustaf will attend the wedding. :whistling::ROFLMAO::whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom