Pre-Wedding Information for Carl Philip and Sofia

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carl Philip and Sofia have given an interview to SVT and Ebba Kleberg von Sydow. The program "Sofia and prince Carl Philip" will be shown on SVT1 and SVT Play on Friday 12th at 20.00.
Min intervju med prinsparet! _ Ebbas Blogg _ SVT.se

The Royal Mews invites the press on Wednesday 20th May at 10.00 to hear about the preparations for the wedding cortege. The Court Equerry Mertil Melin hosts the event. The director of the press department, Margareta Thorgren will also be there.
Pressinbjudan - Hovstallets bröllopsförberedelser - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

I would be surprised when SVT shows the whole diner. What is the point watching people eat for two hours? Come on.

I would be surprised when SVT shows the whole diner. What is the point watching people eat for two hours? Come on.

They don't show when the royals and guests eat. They show when they arrive to the dinner, when the dishes are brought and then the program hosts discuss with their studio guests during when the people eat like they did at Victoria's and Daniel's wedding. And show the people only when they don't eat. Just like at the Nobel banquet, they don't show when people eat. They probably show some short clips from the wedding and discuss about that too.

At the Nobels and Victoria's wedding they also showed the entertainment between the courses, which is always beautiful to watch! I guess it will be similar at this wedding.

They don't show when the royals and guests eat. They show when they arrive to the dinner, when the dishes are brought and then the program hosts discuss with their studio guests during when the people eat like they did at Victoria's and Daniel's wedding. And show the people only when they don't eat. Just like at the Nobel banquet, they don't show when people eat. They probably show some short clips from the wedding and discuss about that too.

That is what I thought too: the speeches, the eventual musical intermezzos, etc. A few posts ago in this thread the suggestion was made that SVT would broadcast the whole diner and I already heavily doubted that.

:flowers:

That is what I thought too: the speeches, the eventual musical intermezzos, etc. A few posts ago in this thread the suggestion was made that SVT would broadcast the whole diner and I already heavily doubted that.

:flowers:

SVT says at their press release that they broadcast the dinner. But that doesn't mean that they will show the whole dinner. I would be surprised if there will be musical intermezzos during the dinner.

According to Expressen, Sofia Hellqvist has very early wanted to make their wedding celebration to the entire Swedish people's party and show it on TV. Prince Carl Philip has been more hesitant, but for Sofia Hellqvist there has never been any doubt.
Sofia gör som Victoria – festen visas i tv _ Nyheter _ Expressen

Last edited:
According to Expressen, Sofia Hellqvist has very early wanted to make their wedding celebration to the entire Swedish people's party and show it on TV.

Sofia's position is consistent with someone who agreed to be on a TV reality show in the past. I mean, sharing your private life with millions of people.

Not that Expressen is the absolute source of all truths, but if they're right, I can see several reasons behind it. The main one would be that so many positive things came out of the TV-broadcast from V&D's wedding dinner. It really is a chance to get some good PR. Madeleine and Chris didn't, but Sofia knows that media can be both a friend and a foe. So why don't make them your friend and get some great PR?

Most likely, we won't be seeing the royals and their guest eating dinner folks. We don't have to start turning this around on Sofia. We did see a great deal during Victoria & Daniel's wedding dinner.

SVT says at their press release that they broadcast the dinner. But that doesn't mean that they will show the whole dinner. I would be surprised if there will be musical intermezzos during the dinner.

According to Expressen, Sofia Hellqvist has very early wanted to make their wedding celebration to the entire Swedish people's party and show it on TV. Prince Carl Philip has been more hesitant, but for Sofia Hellqvist there has never been any doubt.
Sofia gör som Victoria – festen visas i tv _ Nyheter _ Expressen

I totally agree. Just because SVT states that they will show the whole dinner, it doesn't mean we will see the guests eat. There is no entertaining value, or value in that at all.

What we could expect as said before, the arrival and departures to/from the dinner, the courses being served and the speeches. And this is nothing unique. This is how it is done in Denmark on royal birthdays and jubilees being broadcasted, it was what we saw for Victoria and Daniel's wedding and it is what we see every year for the Nobel banquets. Business as usual.

And what mind if someone wants to see them to eat? Who does not want as seen something else.

Carl Philip and Sofia have given an interview to SVT and Ebba Kleberg von Sydow. The program "Sofia and prince Carl Philip" will be shown on SVT1 and SVT Play on Friday 12th at 20.00.
Min intervju med prinsparet! _ Ebbas Blogg _ SVT.se
http://blogg.svt.se/ebba/2015/05/min-intervju-med-prinsparet/

The Royal Mews invites the press on Wednesday 20th May at 10.00 to hear about the preparations for the wedding cortege. The Court Equerry Mertil Melin hosts the event. The director of the press department, Margareta Thorgren will also be there.
Pressinbjudan - Hovstallets bröllopsförberedelser - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

I really like the picture on the SVT blog page - a princess in waiting with her prince by her side. Furthermore I'm pleased that their wedding coverage will be as broad as it was at Victoria and Daniel's wedding and if she also looks as beautiful as I hope she will - then I am a very happy camper.

If Prince Carl Philip really had strippers on his stag party, then it declasses his circle of friends I must say. I can not imagine that the friends of the then Duke of Brabant, the then Prince of Orange or the then Prince of Asturias would have organized a stag party with "scantilly clad" persons...
:previous: They definitely didn't have strippers in this party. I know the place they went well , and it doesn't have strippers - these girls are professional dancers dancing on raised platforms and spots,and they don't strip (they usually wear full length nude(?) coloured uniforms), plus you are not allowed to touch them or you'l be thrown out. They are there only as an attraction and 99% of Greek clubs have them . For the record , Athens and Greece in general (minus Mykonos) has a "conservative" attitude towards nightclubs- drinking and smoking is OK, everything else is "shady" (strip tease included) , and doesn't happen in large,mainstream places like Akrotiri, because it would ruin their reputation and clientele. Only drunken clubbers getnaked in these places,not proffesionals:p. So if Carl Philip misbehaved in Athens,it didn't happened in the places the article said they visited:p

I wonder if the King will bestow any orders on Her Royal Highness Princess Sophia, Duchess of Värmland after the wedding?

I wonder if the King will bestow any orders on Her Royal Highness Princess Sophia, Duchess of Värmland after the wedding?

I guess she will be member of the Order of the Seraphim!

:previous: You are right. It says exactly that on the SRF website.

Let's see what the Swedish Royal Court say when Sofia get her own section at the webpage.

^^ uhm, i think they''ll copy and paste the biography and cv she has just now...

That is interesting indeed! Though I still believe it's just an oversight and she will be Princess of Sweden too. Was for example Princess Lilian a princess in her own right? Just wondering.

What diferrent are just princess or princess of Sweden?

That is interesting indeed! Though I still believe it's just an oversight and she will be Princess of Sweden too. Was for example Princess Lilian a princess in her own right? Just wondering.

I think the scandinavian Houses don't use the Concept of Prince/Princesss in their own right. Those who get the title Prince/Princess with marriage are simply styled like that.
It is also how it is done in the Netherlands where only Máxima was granted the Titles Princess of the Netherlands/Princess of Orange-Nassau. The other woman are simply styled Princess of ... beause of their marriages.

I guess she will be member of the Order of the Seraphim!
Perhaps she will get at first only the Order of the Polar Star and later the Seraphi,. Princess Lilian got at her marriage the Order of the Polar Star and only ariound 20 years later the order of the Seraphim.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Stefan! I have just done a bit of research and yes, Lilian was definitely Princess Lilian of Sweden. So I still think Sofia's title will be the same. :)

Perhaps she will get at first only the Order of the Polar Star and later the Seraphi,. Princess Lilian got at her marriage the Order of the Polar Star and only ariound 20 years later the order of the Seraphim.

Princess Lilian got the Order of the Seraphim on 30th August 1995, on her 80th birthday.

That was the original post. As it got closer to the wedding ( just a few days) it was further announced he would be "Prince of Sweden"

From Wikipedia:
The Swedish Royal Court announced that Westling would become "Prince Daniel" and "Duke of Västergötland",[9] corresponding in form to the style used by previous Swedish princes, including Victoria's younger brother Prince Carl Philip, Duke of Värmland, i.e. Prince + Given name + Duke of [Place].
As was further announced in May 2010, on his wedding day Westling was made a prince of Sweden and was granted the style Royal Highness, making him an official member of the Swedish Royal Family and on a par with other senior members of the Royal Family, such as Prince Carl Philip, Princess Madeleine and Princess Lilian. At Stockholm Cathedral, he was also then made a knight of the Royal Order of the Seraphim and already wore its badge and ribbon upon emerging after the ceremony.

I have read the announcements for Daniel and Sofia, but apart from the wording, I see no difference.

Daniel - after the wedding granted title of Prince1 (thus will be Prince of Sweden) and will receive the rank of Royal Highness2. Will also be a member of the Royal Family3. And Duke of Västergötland4.
Sofia - after the wedding will become a member of the Royal Family3 and receive the title of HRH2 Princess1 Sofia, Duchess of Värmland4.

I have tried to emphasize and point the similarities out as best I could and I believe the only difference is in their gender. Daniel had to be created, Sofia receives because of her husband.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom