Pre-Wedding Information for Carl Philip and Sofia

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They speak about a press release. Who sends press releases about a wedding crown? Could it be a gift to Sofia from her home locality Älvdalen? Margareta Thorgren says at the Expressen article, that the court will not give a press release about the crown.
Or maybe the crown is to Charlotte Perrelli? She seems to plan a very big wedding.

The court updated today the banns of marriage to the calendar. According to that everyone is attending, except Chris.
http://www.kungahuset.se/kalender.4...15-05-17&kalender_slutdatum_submit=2015/05/17

Last edited:
They speak about a press release. Who sends press releases about a wedding crown? Could it be a gift to Sofia from her home locality Älvdalen? Margareta Thorgren says at the Expressen article, that the court will not give a press release about the crown.
Or maybe the crown is to Charlotte Perrelli? She seems to plan a very big wedding.

The court updated today the banns of marriage to the calendar. According to that everyone is attending, except Chris.
http://www.kungahuset.se/kalender.4...15-05-17&kalender_slutdatum_submit=2015/05/17

Seems very strange that Chris wouldn't attend. Is he just not mentioned on the court calendar?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Seems very strange that Chris wouldn't attend. Is he just not mentioned on the court calendar?

He keeps missing family events, which feeds speculation in the media.

OMG! That "crown" looks totally fake! Almost a toy... I think it is a joke...

I have no doubt that the crown (earrings and other stuff in the picture) are the real thing. It looks just like traditional wedding crowns do here in Sweden. Someone ordered them. But it could be someone else, not just Sofia. Personally I think it would be very nice to her home county of Dalarna if she wore a traditional bridal crown from there, although i doubt it.

Representatives from Swedish and international media outlets can apply for access to photo positions around the Royal Palace of Stockholm and along the route of the cortège in connection with the wedding between Prince Carl Philip and Ms. Sofia Hellqvist on June 13, 2015. There are only a limited number of places at these photo positions.
Applying for places at photo positions at the wedding between Prince Carl Philip and Miss Sofia Hellqvist - Sveriges Kungahus

I have no doubt that the crown (earrings and other stuff in the picture) are the real thing. It looks just like traditional wedding crowns do here in Sweden. Someone ordered them. But it could be someone else, not just Sofia. Personally I think it would be very nice to her home county of Dalarna if she wore a traditional bridal crown from there, although i doubt it.

The crown will go to the Sixten Jernberg Museum.
Kronan ska inte till Sofia - den ska till Sixten - P4 Dalarna _ Sveriges Radio
Translation

Last edited:
:previous:No surprise there :flowers:, they usually do. But it is good to know.

Besides I'm quite glad that the wedding crown was not for Sofia. As much as I like to see traditions kept up, I just didn't like the look of it.

DJ Avicii (Tim Bergling) will play at the wedding. His mother, actress Anki Lidén said to Aftonbladet "I do not know more than that he will play".
Carl Philip and Sofia were at Avicii's concert in Ibiza last summer and Victoria and Daniel at a concert in Stockholm in March 2014.
Avicii has a concert in the evening of the wedding day at the Pink pop-festival in the Netherlands. But he has a private jet on his tours so it isn't a problem.
AFTONBLADET AVSLÖJAR_ Avicii spelar på Carl Philips bröllop _ Nyheter _ Aftonbladet

Margareta Thorgren to Expressen:
- We do not comment it and thus nor confirm it"
Avicii spelar på Carl Philips och Sofias bröllop _ Nöje _ Expressen
Translation

Last edited:
One of the chefs making the wedding dinner, Fredrik Eriksson, has been interviewed in Svensk Damtidning. He says that they are a little nervous. Both Carl Philip and Sofia are involved in the planning and have told their wishes. The menu is starting to concrete, they make test dinners and then it will be testtasted. They have our ideas, but it is Carl Philip's and Sofia's dinner. He says that it is not a problem that there will be many restaurateurs/chefs responsible for the dinner. He says that anything can happen and they shall be prepared for instance for a power failure. Svensk Damtidning asks that Sofia is a vegetarian, can Eriksson hint if it will be a vegetarian menu? Eriksson says that they will not tell anything.¨

Another chef, Mattias Ljungberg, yesterday at his Instagram:
I have had the great honor to make the wedding dessert to Prince Carl Philip and his future, Sofia. The entire menu is created by Marcus Aujalay, Henrik Nordstrom, Mattias Dalgren, Fredrik Eriksson and I.
https://instagram.com/p/2bby0ZFp_d/?taken-by=tossemattias

Last edited:
SVT broadcasts the wedding, the cortege, the dinner with speeches and the wedding cake. The broadcast starts at 15.00 and ends approximately at 23.30. The hosts for transmission are Ebba Kleberg von Sydow, Pernilla Månsson Colt and Mark Levengood. The commentators are John Chrispinsson and Roger Lundgren.
Så sänds bröllopet i SVT - Nyheter _ SVT.se
Translation

The article doesn't mention that they would show the waltz, so maybe they will keep it private.

Last edited:
When will the official guest list be released?

When will the official guest list be released?

At Victoria's wedding the official guest list was released two days before the wedding and at Madeleine's wedding the day before the wedding.

The official wedding website was just opened with new photos. And new CV for Sofia, which tells that Sofia founded Project Playground, but doesn't mention anything about that she founded it with Frida Vesterberg. The CV doesn't tell when she graduated from upper secondary school.
Prinsparets bröllop - Sveriges Kungahus

HQ photos
http://www.kungahuset.se/specialweb...ey=category&searchQuery=*&showImagesOnly=true

Last edited:
SVT broadcasts the wedding, the cortege, the dinner with speeches and the wedding cake. The broadcast starts at 15.00 and ends approximately at 23.30. The hosts for transmission are Ebba Kleberg von Sydow, Pernilla Månsson Colt and Mark Levengood. The commentators are John Chrispinsson and Roger Lundgren.
Så sänds bröllopet i SVT - Nyheter _ SVT.se
Translation

The article doesn't mention that they would show the waltz, so maybe they will keep it private.

Actually what I suspected. Madeleine expressed after her wedding that she (and Chris) somewhat regretted that the dinner wasn't broadcasted. Since then have I been thinking that this wedding would be broadcasted in its whole.

And it is very happy news!

I think it's a good PR-move to broadcast the dinner. Just imagine if we had missed out on Daniels speech five years ago. I think that was the real starting point to his brilliant work for the royal family. If Chris did somehting similar.. well, we will never know.

I think that the king should have decided that the broadcast at this wedding should end when the cortege arrives to the Royal Palace. It is sad that the king puts one child ahead of the other. This makes Madeleine look even more snobbish than before and causes more negative opinion towards her. The king should not let Carl Philip and Sofia to seek more popularity at the cost of Madeleine. If Madeleine's dinner wasn't shown, Carl Philip's shouldn't be shown either.
They should have made a difference between the crown princess and the other royal children, and broadcasted only Victoria's and Daniel's wedding dinner, cake and waltz. Because that was a state event, the heir to the throne getting married.

Last edited:
I think it's a good PR-move to broadcast the dinner. Just imagine if we had missed out on Daniels speech five years ago. I think that was the real starting point to his brilliant work for the royal family. If Chris did somehting similar.. well, we will never know.

Apparently Chris did hold a very good speech at his and Madeleines wedding dinner.

At Victoria's wedding the official guest list was released two days before the wedding and at Madeleine's wedding the day before the wedding.

The official wedding website was just opened with new photos. And new CV for Sofia, which tells that Sofia founded Project Playground, but doesn't mention anything about that she founded it with Frida Vesterberg. The CV doesn't tell when she graduated from upper secondary school.
Prinsparets bröllop - Sveriges Kungahus

HQ photos
Pressrum - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

thank you:flowers:
didnt know she was a yoga instructor

Actually what I suspected. Madeleine expressed after her wedding that she (and Chris) somewhat regretted that the dinner wasn't broadcasted. Since then have I been thinking that this wedding would be broadcasted in its whole.

I understand they broadcast the dinner speeches and the wedding cake. Not the diner itself. Rightly so, it is their wedding, let them have some moments entre nous for their family, friends and themselves.

Så sänds bröllopet i SVT - Nyheter | SVT.se

ttp://www.svt.se/nyheter/regionalt/dalarna/sa-sands-brollopet-i-svt?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=sprakpunkten

This mentions at the bottom that the BBC is broadcasting the Wedding?
Have I got this wrong?

Last edited:
Så sänds bröllopet i SVT - Nyheter | SVT.se

ttp://www.svt.se/nyheter/regionalt/dalarna/sa-sands-brollopet-i-svt?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=sprakpunkten

This mentions at the bottom that the BBC is broadcasting the Wedding?
Have I got this wrong?

The Swedish public broadcaster SVT is broadcasting the wedding. It appears that Google Translator, when translating from Swedish to English, translates SVT as BBC, but that is not accurate.

SVT broadcasts the wedding, the cortege, the dinner with speeches and the wedding cake.

very unexpected indeed that they are showing the dinner and speeches! i was expecting it to be like madeleine's.

is that what madeleine said then? maybe it was her recommendation to CP and sophia that made them change their minds.

Very excited to see the speeches

Apparently Chris did hold a very good speech at his and Madeleines wedding dinner.
I'm sure he did. I think he's a great speaker. That makes it even more sad that we didn't get to hear/watch the speeches.

The court just corrected to Sofia's official biography to the official wedding page that she founded Project Playground together with Frida Vesterberg in 2010, at the original version read that Sofia founded Project Playground in 2010.. Maybe they have been reading the comments at the website of Svensk Damtidning, many people were really angry that the court was lying and had left Frida totally without mention.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom