Pre-Wedding Information for Carl Philip and Sofia

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, apart from normal heightened security measures which are stepped up to ensure the safety of both royal and VIP Guests and, not wanting to dampen spirits, but is there not a heightened state of security generally in Europe following the terrorist attacks.

Will that not ramp the type and scale of security needed to be in place? Regardless of whether this was a much scaled back wedding or one like Madeleine's, would not the nature of the guests still create the need for an incredibly heightened state of security?

And, regardless of the somewhat dampening comments about the bride, will that really affect the decision of the people of Sweden as to whether they go and watch the proceedings and thus be yet another contributing factor to heightened security?

And, just as a thought, will not such a wedding generate a greater than usual number of tourists to come and see and soak up the atmosphere?

We live in changing and challenging times. What are we willing to give up for the illusion of total security? Security that, of course, costs money.

The invitations at the website of Svensk Damtidning
Exklusivt – så här ser inbjudningskortet till bröllopet ut! Svensk Damtidning
Translation

Maybe Carl Philip has been designing them too, since they are different than Victoria's and Madeleine's, the couples silhouette has been used in them.
The dress code is the same as at previous weddings.

Victoria's and Daniel's invitations
http://sverigesradio.se/sida/images/2151/1016243_1200_675.jpg?preset=article-slider
http://sverigesradio.se/sida/images/2151/1015707_1200_675.jpg?preset=article-slider

Madeleine's and Chris's invitation
http://svenskdam.se/files/2013/03/inbjudningskort-madeleine.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:

The invitations looks quite nice and the bow is also sweet. I hope we get to see better photos.
Orange is a great colour to use for a wedding, I wonder if this theme will continue with flowers, bridesmaids etc with orange/peach/cream combinations.

Agree, this can be the colour of the wedding..... maybe we even see some colour at the wedding dress?
BYe Bine

:previous:

The invitations looks quite nice and the bow is also sweet. I hope we get to see better photos.
Orange is a great colour to use for a wedding, I wonder if this theme will continue with flowers, bridesmaids etc with orange/peach/cream combinations.

I guess this will be the colour theme for the wedding. A really good choice, and that distinguish them from the two previous weddings, Victoria and Daniel's seraphim blue, white and pink, and Madeleine and Chris pistage green.

I guess a special website will be released soon, and then we will see if orange is the official colour.

Are there any pictures of her sisters I could see. Are they married with families?

I think a lovely wedding dress would be CREAM DUCHESS SATIN with APRICOT ROSES for her flowers.

Are there any pictures of her sisters I could see. Are they married with families?

I think a lovely wedding dress would be CREAM DUCHESS SATIN with APRICOT ROSES for her flowers.

Sofia (dark hair) with her elder sister Lina (in the middle) and her younger sister Sara. I believe none of them are married. See picture.

:flowers:

The invitations at the website of Svensk Damtidning
Exklusivt – så här ser inbjudningskortet till bröllopet ut! Svensk Damtidning
Translation

Maybe Carl Philip has been designing them too, since they are different than Victoria's and Madeleine's, the couples silhouette has been used in them.
The dress code is the same as at previous weddings.

Victoria's and Daniel's invitations
http://sverigesradio.se/sida/images/2151/1016243_1200_675.jpg?preset=article-slider
http://sverigesradio.se/sida/images/2151/1015707_1200_675.jpg?preset=article-slider

Madeleine's and Chris's invitation
http://svenskdam.se/files/2013/03/inbjudningskort-madeleine.jpg

I can not see it well enough if Carl Philip has used reliëf too. Hand-crafted paper with the arms or monogram in reliëf is the most stylish possible. I can not see if that orange ribbon is a real ribbon or printed on the envelope. Looks nice for a real Orange wedding (in the Netherlands) but it is maybe a bit off-key for a royal wedding. I like it that the invitation is in name of His Majesty The King.

Carl Philip and Sofia have signed the consideration of impediments to marriage. In Sweden it is required to be done at least two weeks before the wedding to get a registered marriage.
Sofia signed that she "Has never married / registered a partnership." Even Prince Carl Philip attest to this, and both also subscribe to:
"As far as I know I and my future husband / wife are not full siblings or related to each other in the ascending or descending line. We are not half-siblings."
The certificate is signed on 14 April by both Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist.
Sista hindret för bröllopet borta _ Extra _ Expressen
Translation

The publishing the Banns of Marriage of Carl Philip and Sofia will be at the Royal Chapel on Sunday 17th May at 11.00. The reception will be held at the Royal Palace at 14.00 for invited guests.
In connection of their marriage, Carl Philip and Sofia have founded a foundation, Prinsparets stiftelse (The Prince Couple's Foundation). The purpose of the foundation is to promote and support children and young people in care and education issues. Carl Philip and Sofia hope that the persons who want to congratulate them with presents will use the Foundation.
Lysning för Prins Carl Philip och Fröken Sofia Hellqvist - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

Last edited by a moderator:
Sofia had a hen party yesterday. At 14 o'clock checked dozens of friends into an exclusive banquet and conference center by Lake Mälaren in Stockholm. Sofia arrived just after 15.00.
There were Sofia Hellqvist's sisters Lina, 33, and Sara Hellqvist, 26 and makeup artist William Värnild. And crown princess Victoria, who chose to go for a long walk when the others jumped in the hot tub on the patio at 16.00. After nearly two hours of relaxing bath the guests were treated to Lebanese food from a catering company. Victoria had already just arrived from her walk.
Här firas Sofia på sin möhippa _ Nyheter _ Aftonbladet

The reporter or person who took the photos and video was at a quite good place.

EDIT: Aftonbladet put the photos to Plus, so you have to pay for them.
Here is the video
http://tv.aftonbladet.se/webbtv/nyheter/kungligt/prinsessbrollop/article75364.ab

And here are the photos
http://s02.imageupper.com/1/8/S143002798051813_1.jpg
http://s02.imageupper.com/1/8/S143002798051813_4.jpg
http://s02.imageupper.com/1/8/S143002798051813_3.jpg
http://s02.imageupper.com/1/8/S143002798051813_2.jpg
http://s02.imageupper.com/1/8/S143002798051813_6.jpg
http://s02.imageupper.com/1/8/S143002798051813_5.jpg
http://s02.imageupper.com/1/8/S143002798051813_7.jpg

Expressen tells that today after the breakfast Victoria was one of the firsts to leave, Sofia and her sisters were the last to leave in the afternoon.

Last edited:
Sofia had a hen party yesterday. At 14 o'clock checked dozens of friends into an exclusive banquet and conference center by Lake Mälaren in Stockholm. Sofia arrived just after 15.00.
There were Sofia Hellqvist's sisters Lina, 33, and Sara Hellqvist, 26 and makeup artist William Värnild. And crown princess Victoria, who chose to go for a long walk when the others jumped in the hot tub on the patio at 16.00. After nearly two hours of relaxing bath the guests were treated to Lebanese food from a catering company. Victoria had already just arrived from her walk.
Här firas Sofia på sin möhippa _ Nyheter _ Aftonbladet

The reporter or person who took the photos and video was at a quite good place.

Quite a show. :flowers: At least none of them were shy, and Victoria, despite the walk, was a good sport, looks like. I have the sense it was rather nippy. Brrrr!

Fredrik Eriksson, Mathias Dahlgren, Markus Aujalay, Henrik Norström and Mattias Ljungberg have been appointed as the main chefs for Prince Carl Philip and Miss Sofia Hellqvist's wedding dinner June 13 at the Royal Palace.
Prince Carl Philip has for some years been deeply involved in, and closely followed, our Swedish award-winning chefs and their participation in Swedish and international competitions, especially at the competitions Chef of the Year and Bocuse d'Or.
Traktörer vid bröllopsmiddagen - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

Fredrik Eriksson, Mathias Dahlgren, Markus Aujalay, Henrik Norström and Mattias Ljungberg have been appointed as the main chefs for Prince Carl Philip and Miss Sofia Hellqvist's wedding dinner June 13 at the Royal Palace.
Prince Carl Philip has for some years been deeply involved in, and closely followed, our Swedish award-winning chefs and their participation in Swedish and international competitions, especially at the competitions Chef of the Year and Bocuse d'Or.
Traktörer vid bröllopsmiddagen - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

First time for a very long time that Stefano Catenacci is not responsible for a Dinner at the Royal Palace. Catenacci was responsible for the dinner at Crown Princess Couples wedding and was appointed Court Chef (hovtraktör).

Carl Philip and Sofia have signed the consideration of impediments to marriage. In Sweden it is required to be done at least two weeks before the wedding to get a registered marriage.
Sofia signed that she "Has never married / registered a partnership." Even Prince Carl Philip attest to this, and both also subscribe to:
"As far as I know I and my future husband / wife are not full siblings or related to each other in the ascending or descending line. We are not half-siblings."
The certificate is signed on 14 April by both Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist.
Sista hindret för bröllopet borta _ Extra _ Expressen
Translation

The publishing the Banns of Marriage of Carl Philip and Sofia will be at the Royal Chapel on Sunday 17th May at 11.00. The reception will be held at the Royal Palace at 14.00 for invited guests.
In connection of their marriage, Carl Philip and Sofia have founded a foundation, Prinsparets stiftelse (The Prince Couple's Foundation). The purpose of the foundation is to promote and support children and young people in care and education issues. Carl Philip and Sofia hope that the persons who want to congratulate them with presents will use the Foundation.
Lysning för Prins Carl Philip och Fröken Sofia Hellqvist - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

Will the banns be televised? Have any of the previous banns been?

[/B]

Will the banns be televised? Have any of the previous banns been?

No, they have not been televised, only a few photos of the royal family arriving to the chapel have been released.

Johan T Lindwall writes in Expressen, that Carl Philip was taken yesterday to his bachelor party in Athens. It happened when the king and queen were waving to the crowd at the Palace window. Several of his friends from the boarding school Lundsberg, buddies from the military period and earlier bodyguards wanted to surprise the prince. After meetings with the King earlier this spring, they concluded that there were only a few weekends to choose from and that the ultimate was just Walburgis weekend and this for several reasons, but the primary: King's birthday.
Sofia had discreetly packed a bag to Carl Philip for the trip to the Mediterranean. The bag was now in one of the adjoining rooms to Halls of the Orders of Chivalry and birthday lunch that would follow. Carl Philip had not a clue, but the rest of the family and a few selected people at the court staff and security police knew what would happen: The bachelor party.
Arlanda Airport VIP staff knew that the Prince would be on the flight and everything was prepared so that he could be brought on board directly from the VIP service. He would simply avoid the usual security checks and so they would save precious time. When he came to Arlanda all friends were waiting and just minutes before the departure they went on board. Carl Philip was congratulated by the staff and several flight attendants expressed surprise that he was so far back in the plane in the economics department at 18B.
- He was very surprised, said one of the friends of one of the flight attendants.
- We are 20 men to have fun.
When serving began aboard Carl Philip was obvious VIP guest. They drank beer and Carl Philip drank several shots of Jägermeister. Huge cheers erupted when the flight attendants gave a sealed bag with several bottles of wine and enlightened the prince:
- There is also a pair of rubber gloves with the bag.
Lindwall also writes about the king's birthday "The only thing missing was Chris O'Neill and Carl Philip thought he was away on a business trip, but where he was in fact would later become one more surprise for Carl Philip".
Här lämnar prinsen – för sin svensexa _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation

Last edited:
Aftonbladet tells, that Carl Philip and his friends landed to Greece and at 22.00 the bachelor party started with a souvlaki dinner at a traditional Greek restaurant near their hotel. The luxury hotel they have chosen to stay is located in the most exclusive part of the Athenian Riviera, high on a hill right by the sea. With Carl Philip are at least hockey player Niklas Anger and Carl Philip's old friend Christoffer Cederlund.
Kidnappad – och förd till Grekland _ Nyheter _ Aftonbladet

Aftonbladet has a reporter and a photographer in Athens.

Last edited:
I believe that he could find beautiful plece on the party. It means that is not important that i am greek :whistling:

Carl Philip partied on Friday night in the port city of Piraeus, Glyfada near Athens. After a full day on the Mediterranean and the Greek paradise island of Aegina the prince enjoyed the luxury restaurant Pisina - with his table towards the port, he and the rest of his friends had a great view. Then there was a party at the hottest nightclub.
With only a few hours sleep Carl Philip awakened and he had no idea what was going on. What happened? Would they go back home?
No, now it was the Mediterranean Sea and the island of Aegina. After only a short breakfast they went to a boat. After a day on the sea and just before 21 o'clock, they came back to their hotel.
There were all that Carl Philip describes as his best friends, the friends he trusts most the most of:
Mikael Skog, his childhood friend from the first school time in Bromma
Jan-Åke Hansson, one of the prince's absolutely best friends, whom he shared a room with at Lundbergs boarding. On the flight from Frankfurt to Athens, they sat next to each other and drank beer.
Otto Thott, childhood friend
Claes Kockum, became the best friend of Carl Philip on Lundsberg.
Christos Chrysanthou, runs a restaurant Fresco in Stockholm, and is one of those that has guided the bachelor party.
Richard af Trolle, who presented the Carl Philip of Sofia Hellqvist. Their first secret meetings took place at his home in his summer residence in Bastad.
Jacob Högfeldt, became best buddies at Lundsberg.
Axel Bodén, met Carl Philip on Lundsberg. Runs tofday Tärnsjö Gaveri.
Hockey Star Niklas Anger. First a star in Djurgårdens, now at Carl Philip's club AIK. One of the people Carl Philip has the greatest confidence.
Former bodyguard Jan Gustavsson. He was responsible for many years of the royal children's safety and was the one who got the confidence to go with Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel on their honeymoon. Today Janne works as a bodyguard to Zlatan Ibrahimovic during his games with the national team. He has also been a bodyguard for superstar in tennis Roger Federer.
Niklas Andersson. Also previously bodyguard to Carl Philip. He now works with a private company.
But brothers-in-law prince Daniel and Chris O'Neill were not at the bachelor party. Prince Daniel chose to skip off the party for a private holiday with Victoria in Norway.
Prinsens party vid Medelhavet _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation

Aftonbladet has photos of them playing football, at the end of the game Carl Philip was put to play goalkeeper and the others were shooting penalties for him.
Sista natten - med prinsens partygäng _ Nyheter _ Aftonbladet

Video of Carl Philip's Friday
Prinsen fick agera måltavla under svensexan

Last edited:
So I don't think Chris went to Greece?? He is not on the photos. Some other media say he was there.
I thought Chris and CP had a good friendly relationship, but maube Chris had other commitments.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Expressen has photos and video of Carl Philip continuing his bachelor party today.
At noon local he and some of his friends enjoyed the sun and the beautiful weather on the sandy beach. Several other friends left the hotel in taxis and some took a bike ride in the area.
Then the whole gang gathered at one of Athens' most exclusive beach clubs, Astir Beach club. Carl Philip was with James Högfeldt, Otto Thott and Jan-Åke Hansson. Carl Philip started with soft drinks, but hung on with the rest of the gang soon with beer and tequila.
They ate late lunch at the beach's restaurant Friday's.
Här festar Carl Philip på sin svensexa _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation

Last edited:
Is it normal to have the bachelor party so early? Most bachelor/bachelorette parties I've been to or heard of happen fairly soon before the wedding, as they're meant to be a "last hurrah" of sorts to say goodbye to your single days. I don't see the point in having them more than a month before the wedding. :-\

Is it normal to have the bachelor party so early? Most bachelor/bachelorette parties I've been to or heard of happen fairly soon before the wedding, as they're meant to be a "last hurrah" of sorts to say goodbye to your single days. I don't see the point in having them more than a month before the wedding. :-\

I think it's mentioned earlier in the thread that there were very few weekends where C-P and his friends had time in their schedules

Never know with busy lives these days. May have been the only dates all the relevant friends were available. :flowers: I don't think 'normal' applies anymore. ;) People do what they do and it's okay.

Carl Philip has about 20 friends with him. To have a time that is good for everyone isn't so easy, and they are spending many days in Greece, one can't do that at the wedding week of a member of the royal family.

Victoria had her hen party 13th-14th May, Madeleine 9th March (they had to break it because of the death of princess Lilian).
Daniel had his bachelor party 8th-9th May, Chris 28th May (he had another bachelor party a week before organized by his american friends).

Thank you. :)

I wasn't sure if it was something typically done in Europe as opposed to here in the US, or if there were extenuating circumstances (like guests' schedules) that made it more favorable for it to be held earlier.

It's fairly commonplace now. I know all of my girlfriends had their bachelorette parties well in advance of their weddings. Some just had too much wedding stuff to deal with before the wedding that it was preferable to have it earlier. Some were not fussed when it was, as long as we all got together. It's not really viewed so much as a last hurrah these days, as much as it is just to celebrate the bride/groom.

Johan T Lindwall tells in Expressen about Carl Philip's Saturday, which ended to one of the area's best restaurants, Ithaki. Several in the group had dressed up with white shirts and jackets, they arrived at 21.00.
Carl Philip led the company with his former bodyguard Janne Gustavsson at his side. Now was the time to seize the final hours of a bachelor party.
After midnight they came to the nightclub Akrotiri, one of Athens' most popular hot clubs with a large portion celebrities among the guests.
The group had according to Expressen's information received help from their hotel to book evening at the nightclub. They run right up to the entrance where they were taken care of by the club's staff.
Inside the club partying gang same time as scantily gogo dancers danced atop a podium. Carl Philip and his friends stood on a shelf and waved their hands in the air to the house music that was played. Several of the visitors was just below the podium and looked at the dancers.
The prince and his friends stayed late.
The only setback during the trip was that neither of his brothers in law, Prince Daniel or Chris O'Neill were with the party. Daniel was with Victoria on a holiday in Norway with the Norwegian Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit. Chris, who had previously announced that he would join the bachelor party in Greece was conspicuous by his absence - just like last Thursday at King's birthday at the Royal Palace.
Today Carl Philip lands back in Sweden.
Prinsens party sista kvällen med gänget _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation

Ένας πρίγκιπας στο Γ. Καλαφάτης - Παναθηναϊκός - SPORT 24

Här visar Carl Philip heta bröllopskroppen _ Nyheter _ Aftonbladet

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom