Pre-Wedding Information for Carl Philip and Sofia

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In all earnest, if I were Victoria or Madeleine, I would not allow my husband to see "scantily clad women" in a night club... Let CP go instead:whistling: Just saying

In all earnest, if I were Victoria or Madeleine, I would not allow my husband to see "scantily clad women" in a night club... Let CP go instead:whistling: Just saying

"allow"?!? Since when do intelligent women "allow" their husbands to do such things? If the men are so damn simple-minded as to want to see "scantily clad women" on show like that, why the hell would you want to marry them in the first place?

Last edited:
"allow"?!? Since when do intelligent women "allow" their husbands to do such things? If the men are so damn simple-minded as to want to see "scantily clad women" on show like that, why the hell would you want to marry them in the first place?

I just meant that Victoria and Madeleine may simpy not be happy with their husbands going to night clubs..CP and his other friends may be still unmarried and I understand the usually men on the occaison of bachelor's party go to such clubs but mayne Chris and Dan didn't want to go or found that inappropriate.. Who knows?

I'm kind of uncomfortable with the concept of married adults "allowing" or forbidding one another to do certain things, period. One of the tacit unspoken pillars of marriage or any love relationship is trust. This is going to sound strangest of all but I honestly would not care if my spouse or boyfriend attended a stag party at a nightclub where scantily clad women performed. Being married to me does not mean he is not allowed to be in the presence of attractive women.

He is my husband, not my prisoner.

Poor man, he can't even enjoy this party with his friends, without every detail being published in the papers.

I'm kind of uncomfortable with the concept of married adults "allowing" or forbidding one another to do certain things, period. One of the tacit unspoken pillars of marriage or any love relationship is trust. This is going to sound strangest of all but I honestly would not care if my spouse or boyfriend attended a stag party at a nightclub where scantily clad women performed. Being married to me does not mean he is not allowed to be in the presence of attractive women.

I completely agree.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think if Madde or Victoria or Sofia had had that kind of hen party over a few days, beach life, night life etc there would be critizism all over the place because its deemed unsuitable for a royal woman. For men its ok to have a blast in that respect.

Completely agree, I've always had a problem with the idea that a woman has to demand her husband not look or notice other women. Imo I don't care if you look just as long as you don't touch.

If you marry someone you should trust them. A man can look at a woman anywhere does that mean you don't go to a beach because he will see a woman in a bikini.

I think that's a bit extreme.

My boyfriend, when one of his friends was getting married, asked me if I'd mind him attending the bachelor party, as it was being held in a strip club. I told him I didn't care if he went, he was a grown man and they were his friends, but more to the point, I had no reason to tell him to stay home. I wasn't concerned he'd try to cheat on me with any of the dancers, nor did I think he'd put our entire savings account in one of their g-strings. If I can't trust him to have a couple of drinks and enjoy himself with his friends without worrying about what he's getting up to, I have no business being with him because something is wrong with me, not him.

Women like seeing scantily-clad men as much as men like seeing scantily-clad women. It would have been highly hypocritical of me to tell him no, when I enjoy looking at pictures of shirtless (and more) hunks online and in magazines. It's not like men have cornered the market on enjoying the physique of an unclothed human.

Agree 100%. :flowers: I married my husband because he likes women. He likes me, of course, but I am well aware he still appreciates other women, as I do other men. We even appreciate men and women together. I am so with you on this, Moonmaiden.

Bingo, Lady Nimue!

I am a woman who appreciates attractive men, and I love men who love women. We even have intimate discussions about famous people of the opposite sex that we find attractive, and why.

As long as he likes me best, everything is as it should be!;)

Every couple will develop their own rules and expectations of each other as their relationship develops - it's hard to say what is right and what is wrong as it very much depends on the individual couple, what have they agreed etc.

Personally, I've never been to a stag party (or a hen party at that!), but from what I hear, they are usually raucous affairs - hopefully Carl Philip does not end up tied to a lamp-post covered in feathers.

Agree 100%. :flowers: I married my husband because he likes women. He likes me, of course, but I am well aware he still appreciates other women, as I do other men. We even appreciate men and women together. I am so with you on this, Moonmaiden.
Agree. Until the day my husband died, I would nudge him pointing out a gorgeous female walking down the beach [all over the world] towards us. Yes, a few times he would get annoyed when I also pointed out a hunk also, but it was fun and we laughed about it. Lovely times together.

OK. I had two concepts competing for attention in my brain. The first being the problem I have with the idea of one spouse allowing or not allowing the other to do something. As Moonmaiden23 so astutely observed, one spouse is the other's husband or wife, not their prisoner.

The second concept is the way some men carry on at stag parties that involve scantily clad women. I am acquainted with men who really enjoy outings with their mates where they all get drunk and whoop and holler at pole dancers and actually get lap dances. Some of these men are very successful in their fairly conservative profession, but no way in hell could I pair up with a man who enjoyed that sort of thing. It's undignified enough to participate, and also undignified to talk about it lasciviously in the presence of their female colleagues as they do. Appreciate the sight of a good looking woman, sure, but don't drool over it and want to paw it in a drunken frenzy. My husband finds that sort of conduct appalling and does not go out with them to such venues. He refused to have a stag do before we got married because he knew what some of his friends would insist on organising and he wouldn't be part of it.

I like looking at photos of scantily clad men as much as any woman, but I don't enjoy it as a group activity. Once a group of work colleagues organised a male stripper for my birthday. I had warned them I wouldn't participate if they did it, but they did it anyway, wanting, and expecting, me to put up with the show and provide entertainment for them by allowing this stranger to thrust his crotch in my face, etc. What did I do? I left the venue at the time I knew he had been arranged to turn up. I find such group activities unseemly, whether it is a male stripper with a group of women or scantily clad women doing goodness-knows-what with a group of men.

If CP takes after his father, I'm sure he would enjoy such things. Actually I hope he does end up tied to a lamp post covered with feathers.

Last edited:
:previous:I definitely see your point Roslyn. I can't stand male strippers either and I have been to bachelorette parties where they "performed". The other ladies seemed to enjoy it immensely but I just grit my teeth and let them know by my body language please not to approach me.

That's not what I meant when I said I enjoyed looking at attractive men.:ermm:

Last edited:
Let's not get too bogged down with the "allowing" a spouse to do something or the merits of bachelor/bachelorette parties. If you wish to continue that discussion, please do so via PM.

If Prince Carl Philip really had strippers on his stag party, then it declasses his circle of friends I must say. I can not imagine that the friends of the then Duke of Brabant, the then Prince of Orange or the then Prince of Asturias would have organized a stag party with "scantilly clad" persons...

Last edited:
I am pretty sure that, given her own personal history, Sofia would not object to CP's stag party. It is somewhat undignifying though for a prince, but the younger members of current SRF are notorious for "unprincely" behavior like living with their boyfriends/girlfriends out of wedlock and similar things. So, I am not surprised at all.

They are the ''fun'' Royal family after all.

William and Kate lived together out of wedlock as well, it's not restricted to the Swedes.

William and Kate lived together out of wedlock as well, it's not restricted to the Swedes.

True. Prior to Carl Gustaf, however, Swedish royal protocol actually used to be very strict. Members of the Swedish royal family for example could only marry royalty (not even nobility !), or else they were excluded from the line of succession. Carl Gustaf himself descends from Queen Victoria of the UK both on his father's and his mother's side.

Nowadays on the other hand, they marry Olympic Games interpreters, personal trainers, English bankers, and reality show constestants. A fine example of Swedish social democracy !

From the photos in Expressen we can see that the go-go dancers had small bikinis on them. I haven't read in any of the articles that there would have been strippers.

On the flight to Stockholm, the pilots asked Carl Philip to visit the cockpit and he stayed there over 30 minutes.
Sas-piloterna bjöd in Carl Philip till cockpit _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation

Yep, didn't see strippers in any of the articles, just gogo dancers in a big night club, so they probably weren't even there especially for C-P and his friends, the guys just happened to visit one of the big dance-events there..

Imo a lot of western european guys will at some point in their lives have been in a club like that, no big deal, just hanging out with the boys, in other words: typical bachelor party stuff :)

True. Prior to Carl Gustaf, however, Swedish royal protocol actually used to be very strict. Members of the Swedish royal family for example could only marry royalty (not even nobility !), or else they were excluded from the line of succession. Carl Gustaf himself descends from Queen Victoria of the UK both on his father's and his mother's side.

Nowadays on the other hand, they marry Olympic Games interpreters, personal trainers, English bankers, and reality show constestants. A fine example of Swedish social democracy !
Since the first option nearly wiped out the Bernadotte dynasty one would have to say that changing the rules of succession was vital.

If by Swedish social democracy you mean creating one of the richest and egalitarian societies in the world yes sure.

Since the first option nearly wiped out the Bernadotte dynasty one would have to say that changing the rules of succession was vital.

Therein lies, to me, one of the main reasons for why the Royal house is including all the Kings grandchildren so far. He's seen how fragile the succession can be and the immense pressure it put on him as a sole heir of his generation and the suffering it put on Prince Bertil and Lilian for so many years.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Expressen has an article where they publish a picture from Facebook. It's a jeweler in Mora that has posted a picture of a newly made (but very traditional) wedding crown with the message: "What an honorable order! The wedding crown is now finished and delivered!"

One of the people from the jeweler said that "we can't say anything about it, but there will be a press release. I don't think it will be too long now".

I have no idea if this is just a hoax or if it's the real deal.
Sofia Hellqvist – snart i krona från Dalarna? | Mode | Expressen

Last edited:
OMG! That "crown" looks totally fake! Almost a toy... I think it is a joke...

That crown does look like more of a traditional church wedding crown though... I hope it's not for Sofia.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom