The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-10-2020, 04:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Carl Philip, Sofia and their sons were photographed last Satuday 4th April at Hotel Diplomat, they were at Hotel's breakfast cafe. Norwegian VG has the story.

It is Saturday morning in Stockholm and the sun is shining from clear skies. Along the fashionable Strandvägen, the Stockholmers enjoy the sun and "fikar".
Inside the luxurious Hotel Diplomat's breakfast cafe, people look a little over their shoulder. Some whisper in between. But no one goes away. No one takes pictures of Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia and their two sons.
They are allowed to sit undisturbed in the middle of the cafe. They line up with "us ordinary mortals", talk to an acquaintance about "these times" and other everyday topics.
- They come here occasionally, says the waitress on questions from VG.
On the way out the door, people glance at the royal family, who stroll down the street and settle into an anonymous small electric car.
"What a great thing", people respond that the royals go to a cafe and are out among people while the corona epidemic is raging. "They must then be allowed to do that," says others.
Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia are still "royal highnesses", while their two sons are no longer titled so after King Carl Gustav made changes to the Swedish royal house last year.
VG was in contact with the Swedish royal house on Monday evening. The director of the press department Margareta Thorgren says:
- The entire royal family in Sweden follows the authorities' guidelines. The king and queen are at risk, so they stay home. The entire royal family works from home and digital. They follow the advice of the Swedish authorities.
Annerledeslandet Sverige_ Her er de kongelige ute blant folk – VG

The photo was taken by photographer Pontus Orre, another photo at his Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/B-wVn37J1jP/

Old 04-11-2020, 07:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Carl Philip and Sofia published a new photo with their children on Instagram.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B-1Wuk7H...d=s107e31z8z3l

Old 04-11-2020, 09:34 AM
Heir Apparent

That one was taken while the video that Victoria and family shared was also created.
Old 04-11-2020, 10:20 AM
Serene Highness

Did Alexander get his hair cut?

ETA:
Based on this video, it looks like he did not. His hair has gotten darker.

Old 04-11-2020, 06:01 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

So Alexander is now a brunette like the rest of the family (minus Sofia). I presume the same will happen to Gabriel, too. They are growing to be handsome little boys!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 04-15-2020, 10:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

According to information from Mitt i, Princess Sofia is supposed to be one of the participants who went for a quick training for three days.
Now the princess will work as support staff at Sophiahemmet.
The airline SAS has been forced to cut down recently as a result of the corona virus. 10,000 employees have been laid off in Norway, Sweden and Denmark.
During the lay-off, parts of the staff were offered a three-day medical education at Sophiahemmet University. Participants can then relieve regular care staff.
But according to information to Mitt i, from a source with good insight into the business, it should not only have been SAS staff on the course.
Princess Sofia has taken the digital course and will now work as support staff at Sophiahemmet, where the princess is also honorary chair.
Prinsessan Sofias nya jobb – arbetar i vården – mitti.se

Svensk Damtidning:
The court now confirms the sensational information about Princess Sofia: She has trained to support the care of the corona virus.
It is the newspaper Mitt i Östermalm that first published the information about Princess Sofia's planned intervention in the healthcare sector, in the midst of the corona crisis: Sofia is one of the participants who has attended Sophiahemmet Uninversity's rapid education, a course that was initially intended solely for laid-off SAS staff. The goal is to relieve regular care staff.
Information that Svensk Damtidning has now been confirmed by the court:
- It is true that Princess Sofia has taken that course, says Margareta Thorgren.
- It is a three-day medical education and she passed it last week. The princess is the honorary chair of the Sophiahemmet and during these times of corona she wants to get involved in health care and try to contribute and help during this great workload.
How will Princess Sofia use these new health care skills?
- The princess will start at Sophiahemmet in the near future. She will relieve and support the staff in a care department, says Margareta Thorgren.
Is there a nursing ward that will take care for patients with corona?
- I have no information about that.
As yet, no corona care is conducted at Sophiahemmet, says Pia Hultkrantz, communications manager, to Svensk Damtidning.
- But we have done a lot to change our care.
What will those who have attended your three-day education be able to help?
- They should relieve the legitimate care staff during this pressured corona situation, so that those who are trained to care can actually do so.
- In other words, anyone who attends this program will not have any patient-related care. It can be about disinfecting supplies, and about kitchen service and cleaning. Regardless, none of the course participants will work directly with corona patients.
Prinsessan Sofia ska jobba med coronapatienter – hovet bekräftar _ Svensk Dam
Old 04-15-2020, 02:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Carl Philip, Princess Sofia and their children walking in Stockholm.
https://www.svenskdam.se/kungligt/ca...r-och-gabriel/

https://www.vg.no/nyheter/utenriks/i...ute-blant-folk
Old 04-15-2020, 04:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
According to information from Mitt i, Princess Sofia is supposed to be one of the participants who went for a quick training for three days.
Now the princess will work as support staff at Sophiahemmet.
The airline SAS has been forced to cut down recently as a result of the corona virus. 10,000 employees have been laid off in Norway, Sweden and Denmark.
During the lay-off, parts of the staff were offered a three-day medical education at Sophiahemmet University. Participants can then relieve regular care staff.
But according to information to Mitt i, from a source with good insight into the business, it should not only have been SAS staff on the course.
Princess Sofia has taken the digital course and will now work as support staff at Sophiahemmet, where the princess is also honorary chair.
Prinsessan Sofias nya jobb – arbetar i vården – mitti.se

Svensk Damtidning:
The court now confirms the sensational information about Princess Sofia: She has trained to support the care of the corona virus.
It is the newspaper Mitt i Östermalm that first published the information about Princess Sofia's planned intervention in the healthcare sector, in the midst of the corona crisis: Sofia is one of the participants who has attended Sophiahemmet Uninversity's rapid education, a course that was initially intended solely for laid-off SAS staff. The goal is to relieve regular care staff.
Information that Svensk Damtidning has now been confirmed by the court:
- It is true that Princess Sofia has taken that course, says Margareta Thorgren.
- It is a three-day medical education and she passed it last week. The princess is the honorary chair of the Sophiahemmet and during these times of corona she wants to get involved in health care and try to contribute and help during this great workload.
How will Princess Sofia use these new health care skills?
- The princess will start at Sophiahemmet in the near future. She will relieve and support the staff in a care department, says Margareta Thorgren.
Is there a nursing ward that will take care for patients with corona?
- I have no information about that.
As yet, no corona care is conducted at Sophiahemmet, says Pia Hultkrantz, communications manager, to Svensk Damtidning.
- But we have done a lot to change our care.
What will those who have attended your three-day education be able to help?
- They should relieve the legitimate care staff during this pressured corona situation, so that those who are trained to care can actually do so.
- In other words, anyone who attends this program will not have any patient-related care. It can be about disinfecting supplies, and about kitchen service and cleaning. Regardless, none of the course participants will work directly with corona patients.
Prinsessan Sofia ska jobba med coronapatienter – hovet bekräftar _ Svensk Dam
This is fantastic and surprising news. I got so moved when I read about it that I almost started sobbing on the bus home from work. Princess Sofia did not have to do this which makes it even more poignant.
Old 04-15-2020, 06:21 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

This is an amazing gesture from Sofia! Really good for her.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 04-16-2020, 07:34 AM
Courtier

I read about the program earlier and what those who work as hospital support staff can do. It includes preparing meals for patients, getting medical supplies or test results from other parts of the hospital, cleaning rooms and preparing them for next patient, change bedsheets, share some kind words to friends and family of the patients... things like that.

Some might think that it's not that important, but these things make it possible for those with medical training to focus more on the patients. I'm so glad that Sofia did this. She didn't have to, but she chose to step up during these difficult times. I'll certainly remember this the next time someone says that Sofia is "just a soap star".
Old 04-16-2020, 07:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

It was half past twelve and Princess Sofia was first introduced to the hospital ward, which has 40 seats. From now on, she will spend her days disinfecting beds and medical supplies, helping in the kitchen and cleaning.
- The intention is that she should relieve the care staff with simpler tasks, says Margareta Thorgren.
Is it said how long?
- It depends, but certainly a number of months.
Prinsessan Sofia_ Första dagen på Sophiahemmet _ Svensk Dam
Old 04-16-2020, 08:05 AM
Serene Highness

What a wonderful way for non-medical people to help and (even slightly) ease the burden of the medics.
Well done Sofia!
Old 04-16-2020, 11:28 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

“Sister Sofia reporting for duty” - thanks JR for the tweet!

https://twitter.com/jakreg76/status/...492339202?s=21
Old 04-16-2020, 11:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post

Great to see; I don't think she really had other 'duties' these days since they've been mostly sidelined by her father-in-law, so great that she can use her time to help out at a hospital that she is connected to. Would CP be taking care of the children or do they have nannies (24/7 or during daytime)?

As it was explicitly stated they would NOT perform any nursing duties and wouldn't be in contact with any Covid-19-patients, I wonder what the training consisted of. Maybe how important it is to make sure that each patient gets the right food (dietary restrictions) and how to clean and disinfect instruments? As I believe that's about the extend of their job.
Old 04-16-2020, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post

Here are a few more photos of Princess -Sister Sofia at the Sophiahemmet University College in Stockholm.

https://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?...-2020%20Sweden
Old 04-16-2020, 12:43 PM
Nobility

That is wonderful! Really great thing to do.
Kudos to Princess Sofia
Old 04-16-2020, 05:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sofia is a good egg. She is doing something very valuable and she certainly didn't have to get her hands dirty either. Says a lot about her character.
Old 04-16-2020, 05:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

Very commendable.

Old 04-17-2020, 02:04 AM
Courtier

Good for her!
Old 04-17-2020, 10:21 AM
Courtier

This is such a wonderful thing to do!
Sofia has been nicely involved with the Sophiahemmet so far. Now she can even better see and understand what every day work in Sophiahemmet involves. One thing is just visit and see things shown but another matter is to be there and actually do something to help out. Well done, Princess Sofia.

Tags
carl philip, gothia cup, princess sofia and alexander