Engagement of Princess Madeleine and Jonas Bergström: August 11, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice couple, happy for Sweden... but such a long wait for the wedding !

Congratulations to the couple!! It was always speculated that she had to wait until Victoria married.

A very wonderful day!

Goodness..they just got engaged! Can we wait a day or so before we start talking children.:whistling:

Congrats to the happy couple, they look so happy and IMO look truly in love. I also think that Madeleine has the better looking hubby to be! Jonas is very handsome.

I haven't followed Madeleine and Jonas until now. They seem like the perfect couple and so in tune with each other. It's so clearly obvious and they are so in love!!:flowers: Maybe they have many happy years together:flowers:

Congratulations to the couple. It's great news!

Could someone find Victoria's ring and put up a picture of the sisters' rings side by side? Thanks in advance.

Is it possible for someone to translate the video. It doesn't have to be translasted word for word but the main, highlighted parts. Thank you.

I echo this request... with much gratitude in advance to anyone who speaks Swedish and is willing to translate. :flowers:
(The video is found in post #151 above).

Congratulations for a lasting and ever embracing pairing. Marriage is of the sacred and involving the most positive and nurturing of sharing. The bond holds in place covets of the most endearing and finest givings our inspirited souls have to offer. There is no other place where I personally find more attracting. And it gives me great pleasure to see one fall in love with their beau. Madeleine and Jonas have been a couple for as long as I could remember. I'm touched. Sometimes I look at Madeleine and I wonder if she was made in a fairy tale or fable. She dawns sparkle whom everyone can see. Her eyes and smile, her hair and muzzle silhouette all give me a shiver out of true respect. I must go to Sweden someday. May this lovely couple always attest and may this lovely couple never regret. I wish them and send them all my loving. With all due respect, good tidings. :butterfly: :rainbow: :star:

Oh Congratulations and Best Wishes to both of them. Its about time too :) They look so cute together and I love her dress and that ring!!! Thanks for sharing the pictures :)

Another article here. This also has the you tube video attached. Plus a funny twist - one of the British tabloids discussed that William had missed his chance. Hilarious - and absurd.

I wonder why don't we have more pics about this engagement!

Another article here. This also has the you tube video attached. Plus a funny twist - one of the British tabloids discussed that William had missed his chance. Hilarious - and absurd.

He did miss his chance, they would have made a wonderful couple.
For some reason I am more excited about this wedding than Victorias :)
:flowers:

In many religions having children is an expected part of marriage and contraception is frowned upon or even forbidden. Most royals in Europe are religious and feel a sense of obligation to produce children that will hold places in their respective order of succession. They are raised with their particular religious tenants on children and marriage and also with a sense of duty to provide a new generation of heirs.

I do understand what you're saying and everything you said was true. My own personal religious point of view (Note: Readers are expected to omit the word 'religious') would be that the world is full. ;) Peace & love :flowers:

Congratulations for the couple! That will be great year for royal family. Two weddings is coming!

And stupid rumours about who Maddie should marry, more often press try to linked her with prince William or some Greece prince, will be ended. I've always was sured she marries Jonas.:flowers: However my favourite is Victoria and Daniel. Two sweet couple. What the shame that Carl Philip left Emma.

Congrats to the happy couple, they look so happy and IMO look truly in love. I also think that Madeleine has the better looking hubby to be! Jonas is very handsome.

Well it is a good thing that looks is less important when getting engaged and married, at least here in northern Europe. Personality counts even more. ;)

I do understand what you're saying and everything you said was true. My own personal religious point of view would be that the world is full. ;) Peace & love :flowers:

The world is full?Then make room.
Personal religious points of view,or what's called that by some,have no business in this thread.
At all.Ever.Bah.

Last edited:
Will their children be Princes or Princesses of Sweden?

How romantic

'I fell for her beautiful blue eyes,' says Princess Madeleine's lawyer fiancé

..."I went down on one knee and proposed," 30-year-old Jonas told members of the press gathered at the royal family's summer residence. "And I said, 'Of course I want to," Princess Madeleine finished... - HelloMagazine

Has this photo been taken earlier? Because it doesn't look like it was taken yesterday (judging by the hair style and clothing) and I could swear I've seen it on other news stories before the press conference took place. This engagement has certainly been more low key than Victoria's. I'm still hoping to get a statement from the king and queen. I'd love to hear their comments. And it would have been nice to see the rest of the family too. Well, we'll see them eventually. What is the next bigger event coming up?

Oh, and about the future children - will they be without titles and have the surname Bergström? I'm not sure what the custom is in Sweden. They will be the children of the duke and duchess in effect, so will the children have some kind of titles or not? And, will Madeleine be called fru Bergström in addition to her other titles or will she simply have the titles she has had so far?

I think the picture was made on Monday. The pic was available yesterday morning and so it must be taken earlier.

It's exactly my point of view that it is strange that we didn't see any other member of the royal family in connection with the engagemant. First I thout that there would be a statement of the King and Queen like on the engagement of Victoria and Daniel. Maybe we will get a statement on Saturday when the royal couple has the first official event after the summerbreak.

This was a surprise. I was expecting next year...Congratulations to the couple...They look so happy. Maybe their wedding will be smaller compared to her sister, which I think will be bombarded by foreign dignitaries, though I'm not complaining. :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokenguy
Will their children be Princes or Princesses of Sweden?

I don't think so but I'm not very good at succession law so if we have an expert:lol:

Well, they could be princes or princesses, because the children of King Carl Gustavs sister Brigitta are princes and princesses, too. But then again, Brigitta married a prince and not a commoner. So it could be different with Madeleines future kids.

Well, they could be princes or princesses, because the children of King Carl Gustavs sister Brigitta are princes and princesses, too. But then again, Brigitta married a prince and not a commoner. So it could be different with Madeleines future kids.

But Birgittas children have the Title through their father. Therefore they are not Prince/Princess of Sweden and have the Title Prince/Princess of Hohenzollern.

But Birgittas children have the Title through their father. Therefore they are not Prince/Princess of Sweden and have the Title Prince/Princess of Hohenzollern.

They did? I didn't know that. I was only aware of the titles and guessed they were princes and princesses of Sweden. But then again, they would be mentioned at the official website of the swedish royal family if they would be. Should have thought about that. Thanks for correcting me. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom