Carl Philip and Sofia's Wedding: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bunte quotes the interview king Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia gave to finnish Hufvudstadsbladet before the state visit. The king said: "Carl Philip and Sofia are very busy with the wedding preparations, but we are not involved". Queen Silvia: "They are very mysterious and make sure that no one learns anything about it, what we know."

Prinz Carl Philip & Sofia Hellqvist Handeln sie sich Ärger mit der Königsfamilie ein BUNTE.de

Translation

That's a little weird...that the King and Queen wouldn't know anything about the wedding. And the fact that she said they were being "mysterious" oh well I guess the Q and K can't be blamed if it turns out to be a travesty.

That's a little weird...that the King and Queen wouldn't know anything about the wedding. And the fact that she said they were being "mysterious" oh well I guess the Q and K can't be blamed if it turns out to be a travesty.

I doubt the Royal Court would allow the wedding to turn into a "travesty", especially when foreign royal guests will be in attendance. I wouldn't trust CP and Sofia to plan it alone though.

Ehm...the story is from Bunte... the choice of headline which is disproven in the rest of the article is pretty much typical of how reliable it is ;)

Haha, contradictory statements. Best man and maid of honor is in no way a Swedish tradition :p
Of course they don't! Sorry, I was hit by a mad fit of brain fade! :doh:

However, that leaves me with just one question . . . who rides herd on the train and veil at a royal wedding?

If the story in Bunte is true, then I don't think it is anything to worry about. To me is seems that Carl Philip and Sofia are arranging some surprise elements for their families and guests so that they can enjoy the event all the more. I doubt it would be anything outrageous such as making the King and Queen parachute into the church for instance!

If the story in Bunte is true, then I don't think it is anything to worry about. To me is seems that Carl Philip and Sofia are arranging some surprise elements for their families and guests so that they can enjoy the event all the more. I doubt it would be anything outrageous such as making the King and Queen parachute into the church for instance!

That would be fun to see though :ROFLMAO:

Of course she will attend! As long as she does not go into early labour of course.

Estelle and Leonore are not on the calendar right now but i think they will also attend.
Estelle is old enough to be a flowergirl for her godfather, she will do a great job. My guess is that she will be a flowergirl but sit in the church with her parents, not on the side with the other flowergirls.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Of course she will attend! As long as she does not go into early labour of course.

Estelle and Leonore are not on the calendar right now but i think they will also attend.
Estelle is old enough to be a flowergirl for her godfather, she will do a great job. My guess is that she will be a flowergirl but sit in the church with her parents, not on the side with the other flowergirls.

I don't think Leonore should be at the wedding, but the Swedish Royal Family likes to showcase their new younger members.

Estelle was at Madeleine's wedding. Leonore will be the same age that Estelle was when she attended Madeleine and Chris's wedding, therefore I think it is likely Leonore will attend the ceremony of Carl Philip and Sofia.

I don't think Leonore should be at the wedding, but the Swedish Royal Family likes to showcase their new younger members.

I completely agree. As cute as it was to see Estelle at the wedding, I found it incredibly distracting. But I come from a culture of leaving children out of certain events. It might be cute to see the kids at events like these, but I don't think it's appropriate. One needs only to think of North West crying at the Fashion Shows last month to see why having young children at events is hit and miss.

Hopefully it'll be a good day for Leonore.

I completely agree. As cute as it was to see Estelle at the wedding, I found it incredibly distracting. But I come from a culture of leaving children out of certain events. It might be cute to see the kids at events like these, but I don't think it's appropriate. One needs only to think of North West crying at the Fashion Shows last month to see why having young children at events is hit and miss.

In Sweden (though all-adult weddings are getting more normal) weddings and baptism is more of family occasions so I don't find it odd at all.

In Sweden (though all-adult weddings are getting more normal) weddings and baptism is more of family occasions so I don't find it odd at all.

Which I understand, I just don't agree with it. I just think there needs to be an age limit.

But the Swedish Royals do it their way, so likely Leonore will be at the wedding.

Just not my cup of tea, but it's not my wedding! lol ;)

Which I understand, I just don't agree with it. I just think there needs to be an age limit.

But the Swedish Royals do it their way, so likely Leonore will be at the wedding.

Just not my cup of tea, but it's not my wedding! lol ;)
Depends on the type of weddings. The usual version is wedding in the afternoon and dinner afterwords. But nowadays people have a party with drinking and dancing after and those are 2 different types of weddings. The first one is binding together families and a family occasion, while the other is a party for celebrating the love and more focused on the adults. Neither is wrong, but my guess is the SRF do the classic one more.

Ummm firstly, who's North West? And second, how rude of the parent not to remove him/her from the room.

Most people here have the kids at the church ceremony but not at the reception.

Ummm firstly, who's North West? And second, how rude of the parent not to remove him/her from the room.

Most people here have the kids at the church ceremony but not at the reception.

North West is the very young daughter of Kanye West and Kim Kardashian. The fact that her mother did not remove her from the fashion show when she was crying and causing a fuss is, indeed, considered rude here in the US also. At the very minimum, there should have been a nanny around to take North away if Kim couldn't be hassled enough to tear herself away from her front row seat. But, as with all things Kardashian, it's far more about being seen than it is about being sensible or considerate of anyone else.

Here in the US you will usually see children at both the ceremony & reception or not at all - as in the invitation clearly states children under a certain age are to be left at home. It really depends upon the couple and their preferences. In my own family, off the top of my head, in the past ten years, I'd say it's probably even between the two choices - about half had had weddings with no children invited and about half have had weddings where they've invited our fairly large extended family.

North west shouldn't be considered no one other than her not too bright parent's would take a child that young to a fashion show. As for weddings I think if you know your child can handle sitting still and being quiet then fine bring them if it is o.k.. Other than that don't bring a young child to a long event.

In our area it is custom to include the entire family. At the reception they usually hire people to watch the young children in an adjoining room,sort of a day care set up. Then the parents can enjoy the dancing. People even bring sleeping bags so the little ones can sleep. Certainly not a formal wedding.

^^^I wouldn't be surprised if there was a "plan b" in effect if either Estelle or Elenore get too wiggly or tired during the ceremony.

Ummm firstly, who's North West?.

Really? North West is Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's (the obnoxious fame attention seeking some bodies of the moment) daughter. She's only one years old and they bring her to fashion shows dressed up like her mother (black lace, leather and all..) and where she has screaming melt downs. Real good parents if you ask me (eye roll). Anyway I digress...I believe Leonore will be at the wedding too since Estelle was at hers. Now if Carl Philip and Sofia request no children at the wedding, which I think would be bad and cause a major rift with CP sisters, then that's another story. But knowing how close CP is with his nieces and how they're still princesses of Sweden I think they will attend. Although plans change very quickly with babies, if Madeleine feels L isn't up to the event I'm sure she will leave her with her nanny.

If I remember right, there was someone "in the wings" to take charge of Estelle if she became fractious at Madeleine's wedding.

If I remember right, there was someone "in the wings" to take charge of Estelle if she became fractious at Madeleine's wedding.

Great Plan B, I think, they will do the same at C`s wedding with Leonore.

BYe Bine

If Princess Estelle is a flowergirl, do you think she will be the lead flowergirl? Or will she likely be in the middle of the flowergirls?

Yes, of course she will walk in front, probably guarded by one of cousin Patrick Summerlath's girls, who is also CP's godchild.

For sure they will have a nanny at hand who can attend to one of the kids in case they pull a tantrum.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Wasn't it said it where the Westlings where on standby to tkae care of Estelle if she would not be in the mood. There they did not attend the Wedding.

Princess Estelle's first nanny Elisabeth Zimmermann was at the Royal Chapel at Madeleine's wedding, and was ready to step in if Estelle would have been restless. She sat behind Victoria and Daniel quite close to them. The Westlings obviously brought Estelle to the chapel and after the wedding were with her at the Haga Palace.
About bringing Leonore to Carl Philip's wedding, I think it depends also about if she is as calm child as Estelle was at her age.

Princess Estelle's first nanny Elisabeth Zimmermann was at the Royal Chapel at Madeleine's wedding, and was ready to step in if Estelle would have been restless. She sat behind Victoria and Daniel quite close to them. The Westlings obviously brought Estelle to the chapel and after the wedding were with her at the Haga Palace.
About bringing Leonore to Carl Philip's wedding, I think it depends also about if she is as calm child as Estelle was at her age.
I agree. It depends a lot on "what kind of child" Leonore is and also on how she's feeling that day. It also can depend on if Madeleine and Chris enjoys having her there at such occasion or want to be "fully there" themselves without having to look after Leonore at that moment. Because even if Estelle was calm, Victoria and Daniel had to entertain and take care of her during the ceremony. So depending on how comfortable they are with that is also a factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom