Carl Philip and Sofia's Wedding: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How long does it usually take for a Wedding Date to be announced?

Is the designer of the Royal Wedding Dress usually kept secret?

I understand bridesmaids are kept a secret?

Will they get to drive around the town in an open carriage?

How long does it usually take for a Wedding Date to be announced?

Is the designer of the Royal Wedding Dress usually kept secret?

I understand bridesmaids are kept a secret?

Will they get to drive around the town in an open carriage?

Victoria and Daniel got engaged on 24th February 2009, and the wedding date was announced on 23th March 2009.
Madeleine and Chris got engaged on 25th October 2012, and the wedding date was announced on 23th December 2012.
Victoria's wedding dress designer was revealed after Victoria had walked to the Stockholm Cathedral to her wedding.
Madeleine's wedding dress designer was revealed a day before the wedding.

> I think the wedding will follow the afternoon / evening pattern, with tiaras.

> I do hope Sofia is given a new tiara as a present from the King and Queen. This can be used predominantly used by her, juist as the modern fringe is largely used by Maddy

> I think the Queen will wear the Leuchtenberg sapphire parure

> I hope Victoria wears the Baden fringe, which she has not worn for some time, or the Connaught, with the Napoleanic emerald demi-parure

> I think Maddy will probably wear the modern fringe again

I could see Prince Carl Philip wear a formal suit in blue made with a beautiful superfine fabric.

27:th June is too late as most people (and royal families) have started their vacation by then. .

Albert and Charlene were married on July 2nd and many royals attended so I do not think June 27 is too late and it is exactly a year from their engagement.

Expressen speculated yesterday again that Carl Philip and Sofia could get married in Öland. They have been earlier seen visiting the Gärdslösa and Räpplinge churches. Margareta Thorgren from the press department said that nothing has been decided and the planning will get started in the autumn.
Princess Margaretha got married in Gärdslösa church. It has room for 210 people.
Här kan Sofia och prinsen säga ja Nyheter Expressen

At Victoria's wedding at the church were over 700 guests and at Madeleine's wedding about 400.

I don't think that we'll see many royals at this wedding. Probably 3-4 Scandinavians only. And no British royals at all, not even the Wessexes.

I don't think that we'll see many royals at this wedding. Probably 3-4 Scandinavians only. And no British royals at all, not even the Wessexes.

I'd be very surprised if the Wessex family doesn't come, and I imagine the Danish CP family, the Norwegian CP family, and the normal cast that appeared at Madeline's wedding.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Why do you think that? At P.Madeleine's wedding there were several royals, so if P.Carl-Philip has a similar size wedding, why would it be different?
Or are you projecting your own feelings for Sofia into this statement?

Why do you think that? At P.Madeleine's wedding there were several royals, so if P.Carl-Philip has a similar size wedding, why would it be different?

It wouldn't surprise me with some people. As if they don't want to "give" them a big (proper) wedding.
If Victoria's wedding had, as stated before, over 700 guests and Madeleine's had about 400 - then, looking from the angle of the succession - I think it would be fair if Carl Philip's amount of wedding guests is somewhere between that number.

It wouldn't surprise me with some people. As if they don't want to "give" them a big (proper) wedding.
If Victoria's wedding had, as stated before, over 700 guests and Madeleine's had about 400 - then, looking from the angle of the succession - I think it would be fair if Carl Philip's amount of wedding guests is somewhere between that number.

That depends on what church they choose. If they get married at Gärdslösa church in Öland, the swedish press has told that there is room for about 210 people. When they announce the date and church, it much easier to speculate.

That depends on what church they choose. If they get married at Gärdslösa church in Öland, the swedish press has told that there is room for about 210 people. When they announce the date and church, it much easier to speculate.

That is true, I hadn't thought of that in the mood of typing my post. We'll have to wait for autumn for the planning to get started. Pity, I'm really curious as to what they will choose :).

Just a feeling I have. This kind of threads are about what people think that might happen. Haven't I got the right to express my own thoughts? :)

The official guests from the government, parliament etc. will be same at Carl Philip's wedding than at Madeleine's wedding. At Madeleine and Chris' wedding most of the guests were their personal friends.

And I was just commenting on the royal guests that might attend. They may be all invited, but I don't think they'll all attend.
There will always be some invitees with pre-arranged appointments that prevent them from coming. Spanish Royals, eg might decline the invitation because they don't want to be seen at lavish festivities during times of crisis at home. Charlene might want to stay at home with her new little one(s).

But I don't think that the international Royals will collectively snub the couple. They probably have developed a sense of supporting each other in times of criticism. Especially the Skandnavian neighbours from Norway and Denmark will probably turn up in nearly full force.
Someone has to stay in Denmark as regent, but it probably won't be Queen Marghrete who is afaik CP's godmother.
The Greeks and Berleburgs are as closely related as the Danes, so some of them will turn most likely turn up.

All in all I'm looking forward to a very glittering event next summer!

:previous: what about the british royals? Edward and Sophie again?

:previous: what about the british royals? Edward and Sophie again?
Oops, I have to polish my cristal ball before I can give you a definite answer:p. But probably the Wessexes, with a small hope that the Cambridges are now ready to enter the international stage. (It's wishful thinking, but I so much want to see a tiara-Kate again:D)

Oops, I have to polish my cristal ball before I can give you a definite answer:p. But probably the Wessexes, with a small hope that the Cambridges are now ready to enter the international stage. (It's wishful thinking, but I so much want to see a tiara-Kate again:D)

I wrote so because Her Majesty usually send them to weddings:ROFLMAO:. Poor guys

I wrote so because Her Majesty usually send them to weddings:ROFLMAO:. Poor guys
Poor? It will be a five star weekend with first class accomodation, gourmet food and a lot of fellow royals to meet. I won't pity anyone for attending that wedding:flowers:.

Poor? It will be a five star weekend with first class accomodation, gourmet food and a lot of fellow royals to meet. I won't pity anyone for attending that wedding:flowers:.

Yeah, probably you are right...:whistling:

I've been thinking of a wedding tiara for Sofia for a while now and I have made up my top three. Although I have a feeling Carl Philip will design her her very own tiara just like he did with the engagement ring. But if it will be one of the existing tiaras this are my top three:

1. Connaught Diamond Tiara

Tiara Mania: Connaught Diamond Tiara

2. Laurel Wreath Tiara

Tiara Mania: Laurel Wreath Tiara

3. Modern Fringe Tiara

Tiara Mania: Modern Fringe Tiara

I also have to admit that I have a very secret and very small hope for the cameo tiara because it would look wonderful on her dark hair, but I'm very sure it won't be this tiara on her wedding day. But one can dream, right?

OK, this are my top three. Which are yours?

rumours has it she will be titled duchess instead of princess... Don't know if there is any difference

I've been thinking of a wedding tiara for Sofia for a while now and I have made up my top three. Although I have a feeling Carl Philip will design her her very own tiara just like he did with the engagement ring. But if it will be one of the existing tiaras this are my top three:

2. Laurel Wreath Tiara

3. Modern Fringe Tiara

I also have to admit that I have a very secret and very small hope for the cameo tiara because it would look wonderful on her dark hair, but I'm very sure it won't be this tiara on her wedding day. But one can dream, right?

Princess Lilian left the Laurel Wreath Tiara in her will to crown princess Victoria. If she would have wanted Carl Philip's wife to wear it, she could have left it to Carl Philip.

Princess Lilian left the Laurel Wreath Tiara in her will to crown princess Victoria. If she would have wanted Carl Philip's wife to wear it, she could have left it to Carl Philip.

Carl Philip can ask Victoria to lend it to Sofia if necessary, I don't think she would refuse. At least, I think she could lend it if asked. I have absolutely no knowledge of tiaras and who-can-loan-it-to-whom.

rumours has it she will be titled duchess instead of princess... Don't know if there is any difference

Where did you read that rumor?

2. Laurel Wreath Tiara

3. Modern Fringe Tiara

I absolutely would not hope to see the Cameo tiara on Sofia, I don't like it at all. It's too big for me. I thought it looked better on Victoria's head than it did on Queen Silvia's head (just my opinion), but for Sofia I like the Connaught Tiara.
Anyway, it will probably be a totally different tiara and I'm sure it will look lovely on her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where did you read that rumor?

Online but I have not reliable sources to link sorry:ermm:
I read that Lindwell (who usually is very well.informed slipped "duchess of varmland"

Last edited:
I think Lee-Z makes that statement because it seems weird that Carl-Philip would have a smaller wedding than Madeleine when he is above her in the line of succession. Looking from that angle it seems fair that the amount of guests at his (their) wedding lies between the amount of Victoria's and Madeleine's. But that also depends on the church they choose and its capacity.

And why would that matter? Isn't a wedding about inviting your personal friends and family? Or is it for show and to show the world that you have more friends then your sibling? I would hope that CP/SH would invite all their friends and family for they are the most important, not titles for display to say *hey look at who came to my wedding*, that is not the reason for a big wedding.
Succession should not have anything to so with it, isn't it about LOVE. Family and Friends!

For the tiara i'd really like her to have a new/modern one; maybe weird, but the swedish royal ladies have such great tiara-skills (and hair!), that for me it's difficult to imagine any of the known swedish collection on Sofia...
If I would *have* to pick one from the collection, it'd be the Baden Fringe
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Baden Fringe Tiara

but rather something like on this model
http://weddings.usabride.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/deb-modern-hair21.jpg

ETA: they're not gonna ask me, but please please don't wear the nine-prong tiara...i agree with the blogpost it's like antlers ;)
http://orderofsplendor.blogspot.nl/2012/11/tiara-thursday-nine-prong-tiara.html

Last edited:
Carl Philip can ask Victoria to lend it to Sofia if necessary, I don't think she would refuse. At least, I think she could lend it if asked. I have absolutely no knowledge of tiaras and who-can-loan-it-to-whom.

Princess Lilian could have left the Laurel Wreath Tiara to the Bernadotte Collection, but she left it specifically to Victoria.
Carl Philip should not ask Victoria to lend the tiara to Sofia. There are many tiaras Sofia can choose, or Carl Philip can buy a new one for her.
And because Madeleine didn't wear the Cameo Tiara, Sofia should not wear it either.

And why would that matter? Isn't a wedding about inviting your personal friends and family? Or is it for show and to show the world that you have more friends then your sibling? I would hope that CP/SH would invite all their friends and family for they are the most important, not titles for display to say *hey look at who came to my wedding*, that is not the reason for a big wedding.
Succession should not have anything to so with it, isn't it about LOVE. Family and Friends!

Because Carl Philip the human being marries, but also Carl Philip the prince. It's an occasion to which all their family and friends must be invited (I never said they mustn't), but he is also part of the House of Bernadotte. I didn't mean that the royal houses invited are more important.
That is my viewpoint. Agree or disagree, but you and I have clashed before and I don't want to go through that again.

Online but I have not reliable sources to link sorry:ermm:
I read that Lindwell (who usually is very well.informed slipped "duchess of varmland"

That could very well be - Princess Sofia, Duchess of Värmland. Nothing different from Carl Philip's title. Or only Duchess, we'll see.

Princess Lilian could have left the Laurel Wreath Tiara to the Bernadotte Collection, but she left it specifically to Victoria.
Carl Philip should not ask Victoria to lend the tiara to Sofia. There are many tiaras Sofia can choose, or Carl Philip can buy a new one for her.
And because Madeleine didn't wear the Cameo Tiara, Sofia should not wear it either.

I don't say he should or should not ask - I said he can, could. The possibility is there. But I don't think he will. Your option of him buying a new one for her sounds very nice. And I agree about the Cameo Tiara - it was not for Madeleine (it wouldn't have suited her) and it should also not be for Sofia. Doesn't suit her either.

Edit: and I only just realized that this is about a Tiara (Laurel Wreath) that I don't particularly like. I like the Connaught from KitKat2006's list. Told you I have no knowledge of tiaras! :D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I the only one who don't like the cameo tiara? the size, the color,too much!
I didn't like it on Victoria either... the veil and the plain hairdo were hidden by the crown...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom