Birth of Prince Julian Herbert Folke, Duke of Halland: March 26, 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
With Alexander yes, with Gabriel not so much IMO. But then I didn't like the name Gabriel for their son to begin with - Alexander had me right away.

Gabriel is not a favourite of mine either but I think all three names go well together – especially now that Julian's been added to the mix.

To me, Alexander is a very soft-sounding name (probably slightly biased by it being my favourite name :D) but it has strong and powerful associations. And Gabriel is the other way around. Slightly harsh-sounding to me but with these light and ethereal associations. That makes them go nicely together in my mind. And Julian is sort of like a perfect middle ground.

From my perspective, either titles should be reserved for the male line (and the heir); or titles need to be limited to the degree of kinship to avoid multiplication of titles over generations.

Or reserved for the female line (and the heir), which would be marginally more effective at avoiding multiplication than the male line.

Though i wonder if that really is an option for the future.... Wouldn’t that be seen as a ”snub” if they haven’t done something wrong ? Sigvard, Lennart and Carl Johan did something wich upset their family deeply... Being born as a great-grandchild of Carl XVI Gustaf is hardly upsetting :-D

Has it been viewed as a snub that Carl Johan's or Bettina Bernadotte's children are styled by the royal court as mere Mr/Miss Bernadotte? Nonetheless, I maintain my prediction that any legitimate sons of Carl Philip's sons will be known as Counts by one means or another.

What a lovely picture ! They are really cute !

Back
Top Bottom