The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-30-2021, 08:00 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
No it’s about Tone Bernadotte Oppenstam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
No, it's another one. Sofia (who was never the reality-show scandal queen the media tried to portray her as) acquired her new surname in the old fashioned way by marriage
Ah, thank you both for the correction.

Old 03-30-2021, 08:38 AM
Majesty

Gratulerer Prins Julian!

Old 03-31-2021, 03:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
With Alexander yes, with Gabriel not so much IMO. But then I didn't like the name Gabriel for their son to begin with - Alexander had me right away.
Gabriel is not a favourite of mine either but I think all three names go well together – especially now that Julian's been added to the mix.

To me, Alexander is a very soft-sounding name (probably slightly biased by it being my favourite name ) but it has strong and powerful associations. And Gabriel is the other way around. Slightly harsh-sounding to me but with these light and ethereal associations. That makes them go nicely together in my mind. And Julian is sort of like a perfect middle ground.

Old 03-31-2021, 05:24 AM
Heir Apparent

New pictures of Prince Carl-Philip with his children.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CNE-3apn...=1pan4qvyvl255

Quote:
Life gave me not just one but four beautiful princes.

A heartfelt thank you from us for all the warm congratulations on Julian's arrival.
Old 03-31-2021, 05:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
From my perspective, either titles should be reserved for the male line (and the heir); or titles need to be limited to the degree of kinship to avoid multiplication of titles over generations.
Or reserved for the female line (and the heir), which would be marginally more effective at avoiding multiplication than the male line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
Though i wonder if that really is an option for the future.... Wouldn’t that be seen as a ”snub” if they haven’t done something wrong ? Sigvard, Lennart and Carl Johan did something wich upset their family deeply... Being born as a great-grandchild of Carl XVI Gustaf is hardly upsetting :-D
Has it been viewed as a snub that Carl Johan's or Bettina Bernadotte's children are styled by the royal court as mere Mr/Miss Bernadotte? Nonetheless, I maintain my prediction that any legitimate sons of Carl Philip's sons will be known as Counts by one means or another.
Old 03-31-2021, 07:42 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
New pictures of Prince Carl-Philip with his children.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CNE-3apn...=1pan4qvyvl255
Those images are beyond cute The Bernadottes are one son short of matching the Van Vollenhovens here (Maurits, Bernhard jr., Pieter-Christiaan and Floris) But who knows, perhaps they are done now.

And Alexander is as I already suspected at his birth, a true leader. A handsome leader I like him.
Old 03-31-2021, 08:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Lovely pictures! Alexander looks like Carl-Philip and Gabriel is a Sofia-mini. At first glance, Julian looks like Sofia and Gabriel.

Here you can see a picture of baby Gabriel. Julian sure looks like him.
https://www.hellomagazine.com/imagen...lexander-t.jpg
Old 03-31-2021, 06:40 PM
Heir Apparent

What a lovely picture ! They are really cute !