A Boy for Carl Philip and Sofia - Gabriel Carl Walther: August 31, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wonder if the baby was born a bit too early or if the due date was in early September?

Well September starts tomorrow, so early sept seems accurate.

My congratulations to the parents.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations to the family.

Congratulations to parents, big brother and grandparents!

When are we to learn what gender the child is?
- Hopefully they are not in doubt...?

When are we to learn what gender the child is?
- Hopefully they are not in doubt...?

There will be a press conference at Danderyds hospital at 3 pm, with prince Carl Philip. I think he'll give us details like length, weight and gender. The name will probably be announced by the king tomorrow.

Last edited:
aaah, congrats..... hope, everything is ok. Can´t wait for the Gender....
Bye Bine

Congratulations to Carl Philip, Sofia and Alexander!

Welcome little baby!

Now we wait to hear the name!

LaRae

Welcome to the world, little prince!
Your papa was so joyous and radiant during the conference!

Congratulations to Carl Philip and Sofia. Two little brothers to be companions and playmates! I wonder whether Bertil will be one of the names?

Congratulations to Carl Philip and Sofia. Two little brothers to be companions and playmates! I wonder whether Bertil will be one of the names?

Alexander's full name is Alexander Erik Hubertus Bertil. So, it is highly unlikely that his younger brother will also have Bertil as one of his names.

Congrats to the family!

As usual, babies like to stick to their own timetable and ignore the calendar. :lol:

Congratulations to the parents, big brother, and grandparents!

Well I predicted a girl and almost always wrong so no surprise it's a boy :D

Congratulations to the happy parents and the new big brother :flowers:

No news about his weight and length?

When the announcement of the name and duchy?

Wonder if the baby was born a bit too early or if the due date was in early September?

A weight of 3400 grams suggests that he was not born prematurely. As SLV concluded: due date was most likely early September.

exciting news! cannot wait to see the official photos of the family with the new baby and alexander.

i guess waiting until the conference to announce the gender makes expectation grow and we all like a bit of free PR...

Last edited:
exciting news! cannot wait to see the official photos of the family with the new baby and alexander.

i guess waiting until the conference to announce the gender makes expectation grow and we all like a bit of free PR...
It seems to be a (nice little) quirk of Carl Philip. He clearly enjoys playing with the press/public. In the case of his sisters' children the gender was announced immediately. We always we have to wait for names and duchy until the King announces it at the State Council.

Congrats to the entire family! The male cousins will not come short when it comes to playmates and toys. The girls are all a bit older already.

Back
Top Bottom