A Boy for Carl Philip and Sofia - Gabriel Carl Walther: August 31, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It seems to be a (nice little) quirk of Carl Philip. He clearly enjoys playing with the press/public. In the case of his sisters' children the gender was announced immediately. We always we have to wait for names and duchy until the King announces it at the State Council.

With Oscar the gender was also not known until the Oress Conference with Daniel.

Congratulations to Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia on the birth of the new Prince.

Such happy news to hear, congratulations to Carl Philip, Sofia and Alexander! It's nice for Alexander to get a little brother. I'm looking forward into the announcements on Monday ?

Congratulations to Prince Carl Philip and his wife!:flowers:

Congratulations to the entire family for the happy news :flowers:

So the king and the queen now have four grandsons and only two granddaughters. Girls are getting more and more in minority ;)

Can't wait to hear the names and duchy little prince will be given. Monday seems so far away!

Visit from the King and Queen to the hospital yesterday.

Prince Carl Philip talking

How delighted looks the happy father !

I think they should announce the name today?

LaRae

I think they should announce the name today?

LaRae
That will be on Monday as it is announced by the King during the Council of State and that meeting is scheduled for Monday 11.15 (with Te Deum at 12.15).

Sofia looks amazing!

Wow; it's almost like Sofia never gave birth at all! She has an amazing figure.
The little prince looks so sweet and peaceful. I look forward into seeing Alexander with his younger brother soon.

Actually it was:
Kommuniké från riksmarskalken - Sveriges Kungahus.

Regarding omitting the sex of the child in the press release, Carl Philip and Sofia dance to the beat of their own drummer.

Daniel was the first to reveal the gender of Oscar at the press conference (one of the photographers cried out for joy when he heard it was a boy) and after Daniel had told that it was a boy, an official press release was put to the court's website. Daniel revealed also the gender of Estelle first at the press conference, and right after Daniel had told that a little princess was born, the press release was put to the website.
When Leonore was born, her gender was published at the press release, because Chris met the media only day after Leonore was born. And when Nicolas was born, the gender was told at a press release, because Chris didn't attend at the press conference at all.

Last edited:
After such a horribly rough week watching what Hurricane Harvey did to Houston & surrounding areas, & now worrying about relatives in the Nashville area, this is very welcome news!! [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

Happy to hear all went well & Sofia & Baby Prince are home. I wonder what Alexander thinks of his new Baby Brother? [emoji1]. Looking forward to learning the Name & Duchy on Monday.

Welcome to the World Little One!! [emoji4][emoji4]

Has the Council of State started yet ?

We will have to wait 2 days more as it will be on Monday 04. September.

Thanks. I hadn't read the previous posts and thought it would be today (silly me, they wouldn't do it on a Saturday, would they ?).

sofia looks really good indeed - these swedish royal ladies all seem to have no trouble with pregnancy and child birth at all! pregnancies galore and they are in and out of the hospital in no time looking as if nothing had happened. :)

is natural delivery the preferred method of delivery in sweden?

sofia looks really good indeed - these swedish royal ladies all seem to have no trouble with pregnancy and child birth at all! pregnancies galore and they are in and out of the hospital in no time looking as if nothing had happened. :)

is natural delivery the preferred method of delivery in sweden?
If by natural you mean vaginal about 17% of births are cesarean and about 50% of women giving birth in the traditional way have an epidural.

Daniel was the first to reveal the gender of Oscar at the press conference (one of the photographers cried out for joy when he heard it was a boy) and after Daniel had told that it was a boy, an official press release was put to the court's website. Daniel revealed also the gender of Estelle first at the press conference, and right after Daniel had told that a little princess was born, the press release was put to the website.
When Leonore was born, her gender was published at the press release, because Chris met the media only day after Leonore was born. And when Nicolas was born, the gender was told at a press release, because Chris didn't attend at the press conference at all.

Ah, well, in any case Carl Philip and Sofia had issued gender-neutral press releases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post

Ah, well, in any case Carl Philip and Sofia had issued gender-neutral press releases.

In Carl Philip and Sofia case, the press release was put out before Carl Philip's press conference, and that is why the press release did not mention the gender of the child.

I am looking forward to seeing a picture of Alex and his little bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post

In Carl Philip and Sofia case, the press release was put out before Carl Philip's press conference, and that is why the press release did not mention the gender of the child.

I know, that's why I said it. All other press releases had a gender because either issued after the conference or a 'belated' conference or none at all.
In Alexander and his brother's case it was a press release first, gender-neutral, followed by the conference with the gender announced.
Still a little bit different.

I guess a picture of Alexander and his brother, if issued (for there was nothing of Leonore with Nicolas), will arrive about mid-September. Usually, if my memory serves me well, there is a week or three between birth and family portraits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fijiro View Post
Quote:

I know, that's why I said it. All other press releases had a gender because either issued after the conference or a 'belated' conference or none at all.
In Alexander and his brother's case it was a press release first, gender-neutral, followed by the conference with the gender announced.
Still a little bit different.

I guess a picture of Alexander and his brother, if issued (for there was nothing of Leonore with Nicolas), will arrive about mid-September. Usually, if my memory serves me well, there is a week or three between birth and family portraits.

The picture of Estelle & Oscar together issued soon after Oscar’s birth was a cute picture.
You are right about Leo and Nico, even to this day, I have not seen a picture of just the two of them together. I think probably it is the parents’ choice. Or maybe there was one and I missed it.

Carl Philip & Sofia now have two children under the age two years. Alexander is only 16 months old. Though they raised Alexander without a nanny for most of his first year, it is a good thing that now Alexander has a nanny, because with 2 under 2, CP&S will need help for sure.

Carl Philip & Sofia now have two children under the age two years. Alexander is only 16 months old. Though they raised Alexander without a nanny for most of his first year, it is a good thing that now Alexander has a nanny, because with 2 under 2, CP&S will need help for sure.

i believe CP and sofia have a nanny, just like V&D and M&C.

Back
Top Bottom