The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-22-2020, 02:22 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't blame the girls, they are just children and their parents felt (and IMO still truly do feel) its safe for them to visit Greece. They returned because of the media outcry, not because its unsafe. I do believe they couldn't all get flights together but don't believe they couldn't get seats on the other 11 flights (unless they waited for business class seats only to be available). Instead it seems WA and Max allowed the girls to stay on a bit longer maybe to make up for the holiday having to be cancelled.
Whatever, the children shouldn't be blamed for the parent's mistakes. What I find interesting is that after the initial inability to see this as an issue (either by WA and Max or their staff) there is now an inability to see that not being 100% honest about who was coming home when hasn't helped, neither IMO has this 'none apology' apology. The biggest thing to take from this IMO is that the King & Queen and their staff have little PR awareness, especially any 'defensive' strategy.

Old 10-22-2020, 04:24 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Those of you who are interested in picking on children will surely be able to find other online resources where you can vent that rage. TRF has never and will never allow it.

Thanks to those of you who called out this appalling behavior. It does however mean that some posts have been deleted.

Old 10-22-2020, 05:48 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
Nonsens!!Like many thousands of other Dutch the family has a house abroad,and when it likes to go there they should.Especially as Greece mainland is not code orange or red!An advice is just that,nothing more!!Had the government done what it should have done a while ago already,i.e. a 4 week lockdown,everyone had known to just not move an inch.But flights to god knows what corona area fligh out every day and nobody does anything about that,But when someone moves from one bubble to another with his own family,...and some airnews something kid like Menno Swart thinks he has a scope by saying the King is fleeing the country sneaky,then that is faul,faul play to a fould!!And worse,some politicians who s party are losing seats,....thank goodness for that......Now try to profile themselves as holyer then thou on the theme of corona!!NOt with me,dont fool me,and leave them alone,.Dutch are also called Azijnzeikers...I m afraid you will have to google for that....but it fits...The Dutch RF is out and about on a daily basis to support those affected by corona,so NO ONE can say they don t take the issue serious..Bloody nonsense...and NO buts..!.Seriously!Leave them alone,,it s just a bunch of little jealous nobodies milking a non issue and they are to be ignored totally!Punt.Next!I am seriously furious.....Even at daft drooling programs like Blauw Bloed and that Vorsten rag...dump m.
Whilst other people may be going away, WA and Maxima have a responsibility and that is to set an example to the Dutch public. We are in the middle of a pandemic. Millions have died around the world and continue to each day. This is serious and not a situation to mess about in. It's not about being "holier than thou" or trying to ruin their reputation as monarchs, it's about basic empathy for people's lives.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 10-23-2020, 05:33 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Whilst other people may be going away, WA and Maxima have a responsibility and that is to set an example to the Dutch public. We are in the middle of a pandemic. Millions have died around the world and continue to each day. This is serious and not a situation to mess about in. It's not about being "holier than thou" or trying to ruin their reputation as monarchs, it's about basic empathy for people's lives.
The example is just an advice,an advice is not about being chained to home.Plus,they travelled together to their other HOUSE,their own house in CODE YELLOW Greece mainland!Period!Nothing wrong with that,anything else is just jealousy and the ever increasing sort of bitching like on asocial media I just abhor,but happily pull down if need be!

And,I saw some mentioning money,well,as long as people can buy a footballer for 70 million and I never hear a complaint about that,then hush on peanuts OK!?Thank you.
Old 10-23-2020, 09:05 AM
Majesty

Quote:
The example is just an advice,an advice is not about being chained to home.Plus,they travelled together to their other HOUSE,their own house in CODE YELLOW Greece mainland!Period!Nothing wrong with that,anything else is just jealousy and the ever increasing sort of bitching like on asocial media I just abhor,but happily pull down if need be!

And,I saw some mentioning money,well,as long as people can buy a footballer for 70 million and I never hear a complaint about that,then hush on peanuts OK!?Thank you.
That's not the point. Most people can't afford to go to a safe house, so governments have guidelines about travelling, because of the pandemic. Just as there are rules about self quarantining when returning from various countries.... And the King and queen are supposed to set an example.. so like other Ducth people they could have had a holiday within the Netherlands.
Old 10-23-2020, 09:19 AM
Majesty

Imho the most logical choice if they wanted to leave their home for a short holiday in this time was to retreat to Het Oude Loo. By now, they most likely wish they had done so...
Old 10-23-2020, 09:47 AM
Heir Apparent

It all comes down to whether you think the King & Queen should keep inside the law and no more or whether you think they should, as Sovereigns, be setting an example that goes above the law and what is morally right, or at the least following the government's advice and suggestions to the public.

If you believe they should stick the law and no more then there is no issue.
If you believe they have a higher moral standard to live to then they fell short on this with their holiday.

Arguing around the houses about it all the time isn't going to change the opinion of those who think differently and everyone has their opinion, not only on this but also on what they think Royals should stand for.
Old 10-23-2020, 09:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

I've been wondering something. Just a question. For the Netherlands, Greece is a Code Yellow, but how about Greece? Is the Netherlands a Code Red for Greece? If so, wouldn't the King and Queen be required to quarantine in Greece? I don't know travelling rules for other countries except for Portugal.
Old 10-23-2020, 09:51 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
It all comes down to whether you think the King & Queen should keep inside the law and no more or whether you think they should, as Sovereigns, be setting an example that goes above the law and what is morally right, or at the least following the government's advice and suggestions to the public.
It seems as if the issue had only arisen just before they went on holiday, and I can understand that Govt regulations and guidelines can be confusing and things change quickly, during the pandemic. But all the same, I dont think they should have gone.. and if they then did decide to come back, say they had made a mistake and were now coming back because they realise it was a mistake. Other people naturally get angry when they are already worrying about losing thier jobs etc, if the King and Queen aren't keeping to the guidelines...
Old 10-23-2020, 12:01 PM
Majesty

At today's press conference the pm got questions about the king's holiday AND his video message. The pm explained that within the ministerial responsibility the king has some room to accentuate certain aspects and share personal feelings - which are always covered by said responsibility. This is what happened last Wednesday in his perspective. He said it was heartfelt by the king and noted that it was appreciated by the society at large.
Old 10-23-2020, 04:51 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
That's not the point. Most people can't afford to go to a safe house, so governments have guidelines about travelling, because of the pandemic. Just as there are rules about self quarantining when returning from various countries.... And the King and queen are supposed to set an example.. so like other Ducth people they could have had a holiday within the Netherlands.
Exactly. I'm sick of people defending others who had been careless as someone who is at risk to the virus. People still aren't taking it seriously nearly a year in.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 11-16-2020, 02:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Dutch media reports that German magazine "Bild" is not allowed to publish holiday photos from K.W-A and family (from august). A judge determined this in september.
https://www.nu.nl/achterklap/6090818...ubliceren.html

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://www.nu.nl/achterklap/6090818/duitse-krant-mag-vakantiefotos-van-koninklijk-paar-niet-publiceren.htmlgoogle translated

i bet several other RF's are jealous of the dutch RF
Old 11-16-2020, 04:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Especially the BRF!

The Continental royals are well protected by the privacy laws, especially when it comes to their children.
Old 11-16-2020, 06:04 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

The ruling was done by the court of Cologne. It seems that they think that the pictures have no news value but were solely meant to satisfy 'sensational interests'. I do not find a reference to the European court of Human Rights as the often quoted 2004 ruling of Caroline of Monaco there served as a precedent in other cases IIRC.

https://www.lto.de/recht/nachrichten...eitgeschichte/
Old 11-17-2020, 10:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Had the photos been in the media? I never saw one! But Indeed I saw other royals on vacation and swimming wear. Even the Swedish Queen last year or so. I imagine they would be upset specially if there are not glamorous photos. The ones from Diana, were all glamorous, The one from Queen Silvia, it was not so much.
Old 11-17-2020, 11:39 AM
Majesty

It were pretty basic 'royals on a yacht/boat' diving in the water and getting out of it-pictures. So, I don't think it is as much about the pictures themselves but about the principle that they don't want pictures taken and published while enjoying themselves during their holidays.
Old 11-17-2020, 12:07 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Yes totally basic. The headline was 'Holland in Boot' what is a pun to the common German saying 'Holland in Not' when something is not right. Boot in this case means dinghy, as shown in the picture. It's still on the internet for those who are interested.
https://www.maraaz.com/wp-content/up...EA-364x205.jpg
Old 11-17-2020, 01:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
Had the photos been in the media? I never saw one! But Indeed I saw other royals on vacation and swimming wear. Even the Swedish Queen last year or so. I imagine they would be upset specially if there are not glamorous photos. The ones from Diana, were all glamorous, The one from Queen Silvia, it was not so much.
It does not matter if pictures are glamorous or not. It was an infringement in the basic human right of any individual in the EU to have respect for privacy. That someone is a princess, or a politician, or a pop star does not mean they have lost all right on having privacy and an undisturbed family life.
Old 12-24-2020, 10:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Wonder where do they spend Christmas?
Old 12-24-2020, 11:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Christmas card of the Royal Family:

"A blessed Christmas and a healthy and prosperous 2021 - WA and Máxima"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EqAhhnBX...jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EqAhhnCX...jpg&name=large