Willem-Alexander, Máxima and Family, General News 4: Sep 2020- Aug 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could not recognize her! but it is a cute photo for the meaning, remembering 20 years ago! wow times flies

Queen Máxima's 50th birthday will be commemorate with new stamps featuring her in 1999 (when Willem-Alexander and Máxima met; a private picture), at the coronation, and with her husband and mother-in-law at one of the Appeltjes van Oranje-award ceremonies.

Apparently the princesses didn't really enjoy their private tv-show last Wednesday (which was broadcasted yesterday evening). According to several people on Twitter they looked rather bored (I didn't watch yet, so cannot confirm).

They are teenagers, chances are that they were bored at some point.
And they are too young to fake convincingly otherwise.

No big deal.

They are teenagers, chances are that they were bored at some point.
And they are too young to fake convincingly otherwise.

No big deal.

That was part of the tweets: that people were happy to see that they were normal teenagers :flowers:

Others said that their teenagers would have been on their phone within 2 minutes :D

I was bored as hell too. Insead of a uncomplicated festive birthday party it was -as always- presented with a Calvinist sauce, as la Máxima being an "ambassador" for more music in classrooms. Look at our gracious Queen, ow ow, what a great lady to make convenants with various parties to bring music in all our life, blablabla. No wonder the girls had a very hard time not to look on Instagram or TikTok for real amusement.

King Willem-Alexander recently got his vaccination (he said so today during his visit in his home town). He didn't specify which type he received; so the media are speculating whether he received 'Janssen' (also known as Johnson & Johnson) which is assigned to those born in 1967 - or a different one because the king said 'first vaccination' which doesn't apply to Janssen that only requires one shot.

Message from King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima because of a journalist who was shot.
“We were deeply shocked by the news that journalist Peter R. de Vries was shot. He and all those dear to him are in our thoughts. Journalists must be able to do their important work without threat and freedom. We feel connected to everyone who is committed to the free press in our constitutional state.”⁣

- WA and Maxima

Message from King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima because of a journalist who was shot.

He isn't just a journalist; he is the most well-know crime journalist who wasn't afraid to speak his mind and involve himself like a 'bulldog' in several cases. So, this is almost certainly a liquidation attempt by the criminals in the most serious and dangerous crime scene. About 2 years ago a lawyer involved in one of the major criminal lawsuits that he is following and investigating closely was murdered as well.

So far, three suspects have been arrested. And the latest news is that he is alive but fighting for his life (5 bullets including bullets in your head are life-threatening as anyone can imagine).

Last edited:
Update on the above: Peter R. de Vries died earlier today. He passed away a little over a week after the assassination attempt that in the end unfortunately achieved what it intended.

Lots of politicians and others officially responded to this tragic news. No response from the royal family (yet).

That's awful. What a terrible attack on free speech. And horrifying for his relatives.

I guess we'll see if any of the royal family are at the funeral.

That's awful. What a terrible attack on free speech. And horrifying for his relatives.

I guess we'll see if any of the royal family are at the funeral.

I don't expect a royal at the funeral - I'm not sure about the current numbers/regulations for funerals. The king said they never met, so I don't think he would want to take up a spot that could go to those that knew him well. If one of his cousins happens to know him, he could probably go as an unofficial representative.

It is indeed truly awful. His children might take some solace in knowing that their father lived his life true to his motto "On bended knee is no way to be free". He knew the risks but was determined not to change his life (he refused security) and do what he thought needed to be done independent of the (terrible) consequences.

It's interesting how our cultural background influences our perspective as I would never have related the (most likely) assassination ordered by top criminals of the most famous crime journalist (and much more than that; he helped solve cold cases, got innocent people out of jail; and more recently was a confidant of a key witness in probably the most high profile case in criminal court - which most likely cost him his life as it already cost the lives of the key witness's lawyer and brother) as an attack on free speech.

The king expressed his condolences during the photo call today. He said they were doing the photo call with mixed feelings because of both the death of Peter R. de Vries and the flooding in Zuid-Limburg.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's interesting how our cultural background influences our perspective as I would never have related the (most likely) assassination ordered by top criminals of the most famous crime journalist (and much more than that; he helped solve cold cases, got innocent people out of jail; and more recently was a confidant of a key witness in probably the most high profile case in criminal court - which most likely cost him his life as it already cost the lives of the key witness's lawyer and brother) as an attack on free speech.

What would be the motivation for the attack, then, if not to dissuade other reporters from carrying out this type of journalism?

Thank you for the updates and information on this tragedy; I am glad there was an official response.

What would be the motivation for the attack, then, if not to dissuade other reporters from carrying out this type of journalism?

Thank you for the updates and information on this tragedy; I am glad there was an official response.

Peter R. de Vries was not only an activistic journalist but also openly siding in Court with a key witness (as "counsel") in a major case against the so-called Mocro Mafia, a gang with mainly Dutch-born morrocoans making gigantic revenues with illegal drugs trade, production, trafficking, etc.

It is called "murder on a journalist" but the Mocro Mafia killed the brother of the key witness, killed the lawyer of the key witness and now key witness' "counsel" is killed as well.

The main leaders of the Mocro Mafia are arrested and awaiting trial in Vught, in one of Europes most advanced and extremely fortified penitentiary complexes, which absolutely requires military equipment to break in. It was known that Peter R. de Vries was on a "death list" and that the Mocro Mafia had a bounty on his head. But Mr De Vries himself refused to have protection by the DKDB (the Royal- and Diplomatic Protection Service).

Media displays it as an attack on journalism. I think it was not the journalism but the support to the key witness which did cost him his life. Three men have been arrested, amongst them a young man, a 21 years old rapper, who seem to have shot Peter R. de Vries for a bounty.

Last edited:
The caption says that the photos were made by Menno Swart. He may be the same person as the airplane spotter, with the same name, who keeps track of the royal plane. The previous Greek vacation /scandal became known due to his posts on twitter. If it is the same person it seems rather odd that he now holidays near the RF.

He will at least not be invited to the dutch royal photo sessions so they can not ban him from there. I assume the photos will not be bought or published by the Dutch media as they will fall under the Media code.

Edit: it is the same Menno Swart. On his twitter account he also posted a rather unflattering photo of a shirtless King. It could be that somebody has sent these photos to him of course.

Last edited:
First thing that came to mind was that pics like these are probably why the dutch royal family came of with that mediacode in the first place :lol:

Oh, poopoo. It's not as if there are not plenty of other Dutch going abroad on a sunny holiday.
Taxplayer-money, indeed.

Posts about courtiers and friends have been moved here.

Last edited:
Did Queen Maxima injure her hand/wrist?

Did Queen Maxima injure her hand/wrist?

Yes, i think she’s fractured it. Apparently had an accident in the summer and it’s kept hurting so had it looked at. The splint is to rest it.

An overview of the last year by the Algemeen Dagblad.

The title is rather telling: A year filled with blunders: king has lost confidence by his own doing

And they pose the question: can the king restore the broken trust after the series of communication blunders of the past year?

In the article follows an overview:

- Greek vacation(s)
- ignoring sanitary COVID restrictions by shaking hands
- ignoring sanitary rules in Greece by posing maskless with a restaurant owner
- Speedboat
- Attending the Grand Prix and posing with prince Bernhard - while the entire cabinet was absent - which apparently led to frowned eye brows in the government and in parlament
- Closing of the crown estates for hunting

On the positive side: princess Amalia returning her dotation.

As for the future: two state visits to European countries are planned in october and november [note on the Warholm boards it is suggested that they will visit Norway in october] and as soon as the pandemic allows it the pair will be visiting the Dutch Caribbean.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom