Willem-Alexander, Máxima and Family, General News Part 3 (May 2017-Aug 2020)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed, I would expect that too.

Did the maternal grandmother return to Argentina? Because otherwise she may be in Greece too.

Yes, Carmen Cerruti returned to Argentina in June (or late May/early July). This was confirmed by Máxima in the short press talk after the photo call at the start of their holidays.

I was thinking that the girls might have spend sometime with their paternal grandmother in Italy as well - but she already returned to the Netherlands, so that most likely wouldn't be the case right now (unless their cousins are in Italy with their parents - in that case they might still have been invited to spend some time with them).

Maxima looks great in a bikini. Willem is so helpful.

Surprised that the AAAs aren't there too as they normally go to Greece as a family. Perhaps due to Coronavirus the family thought it would be best if a minimal amount of them went?

Maybe the girls are in Greece but just didn’t go out on the boat that day. I guess they may have stayed at the villa by the pool?

Did they have to self-quarantine in Greece upon arrival in the country? I think Greece set some rules for some European countries upon entry, but not sure about the rules they set for The Netherlands. I think Greece also asked for a negative Covid-19 test, right?

Maybe the girls are in Greece but just didn’t go out on the boat that day. I guess they may have stayed at the villa by the pool?

I distinctly remember at the same age as Amelia and Alexia are not wanting to do anything my parents did especially if it was wandering around places (and probably these days anytime separated from their mobiles/internet is another disincentive!)

The Royal couple posted a message in Twitter that they should have complied with the rules in Greece.

"‘In media verscheen een foto waarop we te weinig afstand houden. In de spontaniteit van het moment hebben we daar niet goed op gelet. Dat hadden we natuurlijk wel moeten doen. Want ook op vakantie is naleven van coronaregels essentieel om het virus eronder te krijgen’-WA & Máxima"

""A photo appeared in the media in which we keep too little distance. In the spontaneity of the moment, we did not pay attention to that. Of course we should have. Because compliance with corona rules is also essential on holiday to get the virus under it "-WA & Máxima"

It's not necessarily about not complying with the rules in Greece but in general not keeping their distance - as everyone in the Netherlands is encouraged to keep 1,5 m distance also when on holiday.

Tbf they are not alone in forgetting. Its just their mistake gets put on social media. But I guess all those single instances add up. Since face masks were introduced in supermarkets here, there seems to be awful lot of people forgetting here.

It looks like they were taken at the day of the photo call. Only Alexia is wearing a different dress.

I'm not really impressed by these pictures - although Ariane looks happy.

Last edited:
Nice to see new official pictures of the girls. Though I must confess I'm not fan of them. They've had better shots in the past, particularly the close-up pictures which are the best. But these newly photos aren't that great. They look weird and awkward actually.

Nice to see new official pictures of the girls. Though I must confess I'm not fan of them. They've had better shots in the past, particularly the close-up pictures which are the best. But these newly photos aren't that great. They look weird and awkward actually.

The previous set was made by Erwin Olaf, a renowned artist + photographer and clearly intended to make it glamorous.

This set was "just" made by a photographer from the press pool. Pose - click - ready. That will be the difference.

The pictures were made in the Small Ballroom at Noordeinde Palace: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...de_kleine_balzaal,_Bestanddeelnr_253-8869.jpg

Last edited:
The previous set was made by Erwin Olaf, a renowned artist + photographer and clearly intended to make it glamorous.

This set was "just" made by a photographer from the press pool. Pose - click - ready. That will be the difference.

The pictures were made in the Small Ballroom at Noordeinde Palace: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...de_kleine_balzaal,_Bestanddeelnr_253-8869.jpg
Yes, but I wasn't talking about those pictures from Erwin Olaf. I was mentioning the close-up pictures of the girls, face only.

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-DWkf9PG6...M3aKcD1B3fA/s1600/prinses_alexia_jm02-jpg.jpg
https://www.royal-house.nl/binaries...etfoto-s/prinses-alexia/princess-alexia-2.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/5c/5f/af/5c5fafa2f9784ef0187394e8ff615d5b.jpg

I thought that set was made by the King himself. The girls are now ladies, it was clearly the intention to include the grandeur of the room. They are passing to another station of royal life.

I thought that set was made by the King himself. The girls are now ladies, it was clearly the intention to include the grandeur of the room. They are passing to another station of royal life.

The latest pictures (July 2020) were made by Martijn Beekman (inside Huis ten Bosch) - including both a close-up and a less-close-up picture of each of the princesses.
In 'fall 2019' a picture taken by the king of Amalia was released (outside)
Another set of pictures dates from March 2018 made by Erwin Olaf (inside Koninklijk Paleis Amsterdam)
The close-up set dates from April 2017 and was also by Erwin Olaf (as a present for the king's 50th birthday) - including the final picture linked by Kathia_Sophia. (inside)
Another outside session was done in the fall of 2016 by the 'court photographer' Jeroen van der Meyde (including the middle picture linked by Kathia_Sophia)
The other close-up posted by Kathia_Sophia dates from fall 2014 - also by Jeroen van der Meyde (outside)

I still think the 2008 series was rather marvelous, including this one of all three princesses - and the future queen on her little throne.

Last edited:
Alexia looks very mature. She could easily pass for a 25 year old.

Last edited:
And I think she wouldn't be offended if she had heard it; teenage girls want to grow up quickly.

Alexia looks very mature. She could easily pass for a 25 year old.

Heu, when I look around in the Netherlands, the adolescents are BIG and mature. Big because Dutchies are the tallest people in the world. And because of the freedom, the own responsibility they enjoy and the typical streetwiseness, Dutch adolescents often look more mature than their age. Alexia will be pleased you consider her 25.

Last edited:
It's not her size and stature that makes her look 25. It is the clothing, pose, makeup, groomed eyebrows...etc. Like many teenagers her age, she clearly wants to look like a young adult woman.

Lovely photos of the AAAs and I particularly like the location they were taken in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom